WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

HPBoats83

Reaction score
This is stressful trying to learn the stock market game/world and I’m only playing with $1,000 in there. Are there any good podcasts to listen to to try to learn more about the market and investing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halvecto

Reaction score
Dig the spreadsheet, thanks!

You should be able to bookmark it since it's a Google Sheet. Let me know if there is other data of interest.

It's interesting & helpful to quickly see relative comps.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
This is definitely a traders mkt right now. If you are you better be fast as fuck on your trigger fingers.

good luck

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Gonna be a tough day tomorrow.

move quick day traders.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Pulled out of NKLA and dumped those gains on another SPAC, SHLL
Up 43% in 4 days on that.
The hybrid tech Hyliion has is gonna change the trucking game.
To the moon boys

🚀

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Still kicking myself for not selling a couple weeks ago.

gqchris

Reaction score
Still kicking myself for not selling a couple weeks ago.

Im new also, and I was counting the profits with you when you said you were up 10k!

Take the money and run is my motto. I doubled my measly 1k, so I was like, now is the time to take some cash.

Just keep it long term now and quit watching daily, it will drive you crazy.

Xring01

Reaction score
Chinese Trade Deal flip flop, thats been in the news the yesterday, has me worried.

If that deal falls, I expect the market to drop... a minimum of 1000 points in a couple of days...
That is Trumps weakness at the moment, so the Chinese will do there best to take advantage of that. Not good combined with all the other stuff in the news, rocking the markets.

I am on the fence at the moment... cash out, or hold... humm????

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
To the moon boys

[emoji573]

When Hyliion goes public, will the SHLL shares convert to whatever ticker Hyliion is assigned? Or will SHLL continue to be its’ own entity?

Forgive me, newbie trying to learn the game. Thanks!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Im new also, and I was counting the profits with you when you said you were up 10k!

Take the money and run is my motto. I doubled my measly 1k, so I was like, now is the time to take some cash.

Yeah I screwed the pooch big time but I did manage to double my shares of BA. Took some winners and bought BA on the drop. My average buy in went up some but I have more shares.

when it goes back up again I will be setting pretty.

How are the PG&E guys feeling. They got good need but still dropped. That’s frustrating. Glad I bailed.

HCP3

Reaction score

I am in the same boat (also a newbie) and decided to jump out today after riding the wave since Early April.

Xring01

Reaction score
Yeah I screwed the pooch big time but I did manage to double my shares of BA. Took some winners and bought BA on the drop. My average buy in went up some but I have more shares.

How are the PG&E guys feeling. They got good need but still dropped. That’s frustrating. Glad I bailed.

PG&E, I still believe its a long term hold, as long as the market doesnt melt down, then PG&E will do well. If the market melts down, then everything melts down. But thats my opinion. As you can see from my earlier post, I am growing concerned about a potential market melt down, over the recent news about Chinese Trade Phase 1, going south. Again, if that happens, then I will sell everything in my speculative portfolios.

BingerFang

Reaction score

I've been losing my ass on PCG but staying optimistic. Lol

CLdrinker

Reaction score
PG&E, I still believe its a long term hold, as long as the market doesnt melt down, then PG&E will do well. If the market melts down, then everything melts down. But thats my opinion. As you can see from my earlier post, I am growing concerned about a potential market melt down, over the recent news about Chinese Trade Phase 1, going south. Again, if that happens, then I will sell everything in my speculative portfolios.
Crazy that they Arent sky rocketing in value. BK got approved and in time to qualify for the fire protection fund.
2 huge pieces of news for their future and stock goes down.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Crazy that they Arent sky rocketing in value. BK got approved and in time to qualify for the fire protection fund.

YOu have to realize, alot of investors got in to them at $6-$8, watched it climb to $16 ish, then drop back down. So some of what your see if profit takers. Another issue, Utility's stocks are not the most sexiest at the moment, but if when the market gets more of hint of uncertainty, then the big Mutual funds, flock to more safer bets... Thats when the Utility's and home goods stock do the best.

Again, its a long term play, not short term. But I will sell if it gets below $9.40 ish... We are at my threshhold for pain at the moment, much lower than that, I will have to sell.

Again, this is all just my opinion.

Go back several pages on this thread.. Look up LVGO, AMZN, BYND... all stocks that I picked, and look at the over all performance of my strategy.

Hint... LVGO is up over 180%,... I picked up at $27.14. AMZN, picked it up around $1800 ish... BYND in the $120's..

So I do not have all my eggs in one basket, I suggest you do the same.

22citation

Reaction score
To the moon boys

🚀

Wish I could get in to SHLL, but I'm getting kicked in the nuts on FMCI GPAQ and OPES. Still confident those are gonna net huge gains once we get closer to mergers and traders/MM stop fucking with prices 🤬

adam909

Reaction score
ive been buying into PCG as well.. Price has been drooping lately and been buying a couple hundred more shares as it drops.. I like what im seeing in the news about them and playing long..

VSTO has been really good to me since the start of all this bull shit going on in the world.. I say thank you everytime i see the long lines at the gun shops..

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
When Hyliion goes public, will the SHLL shares convert to whatever ticker Hyliion is assigned? Or will SHLL continue to be its’ own entity?

Forgive me, newbie trying to learn the game. Thanks!

SHLL will convert to "HYLN" like how VTIQ converted to NKLA

Wish I could get in to SHLL, but I'm getting kicked in the nuts on FMCI GPAQ and OPES. Still confident those are gonna net huge gains once we get closer to mergers and traders/MM stop fucking with prices 🤬

I dont think its too late to get into SHLL.
These guys are the real deal, no hype, tech that's actually been tested and can actually save long haulers money in the long term .....
NKLA is nothing more than a meme stock at this point. Tesla atleast had the roadster out before they went public....

In regards to FMCI an OPES, i think opes is going to do great long term when the merge with burgerfi happens. I initally bought into FMCI thinking they were going to merge with Impossible foods but when that didnt happen, my interest quickly went away. I get that tattooed chef has a decent amount of shelf space at walmart, sams, and costco but theres something about it that doesnt sit right with me.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score

These guys are the real deal, no hype, tech that's actually been tested and can actually save long haulers money in the long term .....
NKLA is nothing more than a meme stock at this point. Tesla atleast had the roadster out before they went public....

In regards to FMCI an OPES, i think opes is going to do great long term when the merge with burgerfi happens. I initally bought into FMCI thinking they were going to merge with Impossible foods but when that didnt happen, my interest quickly went away. I get that tattooed chef has a decent amount of shelf space at walmart, sams, and costco but theres something about it that doesnt sit right with me.

Awesome... thank you for that.

22citation

Reaction score

I feel ya. I never really banked on it being Impossible since they were too big for FMCI, but given the lack of publicly plant based companies on the market I'm gonna ride it out and see where it goes. Even if it only hits $60 I'll be more than happy.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Added some PCG in long term account. SNRE is moving today on quite a bit of volume thinking news must be coming or something leaked.

hallett21

Reaction score
What a time to be alive

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Buy on the Rumor, Sell on the News.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Kind of a contrarian pick, bought some GE today. :eek:

RCDave

Reaction score
Ya don't print 4 to 6 trillion dollars, shut down an economy for half a year, etc and expect market stability and appreciation.

Valuation is based on profit and cas flow multiples. Which are substantially less than pre pandemic.

This is gonna get bad for a protracted period of time

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like EV stocks are being unaffected by the rona.
Up 111% on SHLL. WKHS is up 134% in the last week.......NIO and IDEX look real appealing right now.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I bought WKHS in the mid 2s and sold in the low 3s a month ago...kinda kicking myself now.

84miller

Reaction score
Kind of a contrarian pick, bought some GE today. :eek:

Hope you see something on that purchase, I have lost alot of $$$ on GE....still holding the stock. Seems the downturn occurred when the company spilt the business holdings, financial (consumer load division), product (tangible merchandize). I had a choice at the time which holding I wanted my investment and chose product...not good.

bentprops

Reaction score
On March 24 I warned it would be a VU recovery, the V is in hold on for the U, depending on stimulus the next down leg should start by Sept 21 Oh and the U may take 25 years to complete in real terms.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Looks like EV stocks are being unaffected by the rona.
Up 111% on SHLL. WKHS is up 134% in the last week.......NIO and IDEX look real appealing right now.
Bought me some NIO a few months ago. Been watching them for a while. Really happy I did. Gotta stay diversified. Bought into a couple pharma stocks that are doing well also. A few low investment stocks I bought are stagnant but that’s ok since they are low funded. I can ride those out. ALT is doing great on the COVID side. Pretty happy overall. SDGR is making me some good money. Got in early. Cruise Line have tanked. Watching those closely. They should make good gains long term

HCP3

Reaction score
Today is looking to be a wild day. Optimism from the Fed, and good results from one of the vaccine makers.

golakers

Reaction score
Anyone buy Maderna (MRNA)?? Probably too late. But if they have the vaccine....wow

HCP3

Reaction score
Anyone buy Maderna (MRNA)?? Probably too late. But if they have the vaccine....wow

I did somewhat early on at $45, but sold shortly after. Same with Novavax in at $18, and Inovio in at $7. I am completely out of biotechs now. Selling Novavax is my biggest regret if I was to pick.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Airlines and cruise lines up big today with lock downs coming again, don't get caught with your shorts down!