WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Xring01

Reaction score
Soooooo? What's the latest and greatest? :)

LVGO... its gonna be along time for me to beat this purchase... Up over 300% on it.

I would not recommend buying it at this point. Cause its due for a correction.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Bought ALT at 3 now it’s at 28. NIO has doubled also. My others are up also so hopefully the trend continues for the long haul. Gotta keep Trump in office

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
LVGO... its gonna be along time for me to beat this purchase... Up over 300% on it.

I would not recommend buying it at this point. Cause its due for a correction.

I got in and out of it a few times based on your recommendation. Wish I would have gone in bigger and stayed in long.

Great call [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
JNUG has more than tripled since my purchase, at $158 now. 52 week high was $1025.

GUSH has retreated, but still gone up 2.5x since purchase, at $35 now. 52 week high was $2288.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I enjoy hearing about all the incredible returns on what you bought but what are you guys buying now? Help a RDP brotha out...

Xring01

Reaction score
I enjoy hearing about all the incredible returns on what you bought but what are you guys buying now? Help a RDP brotha out...

Follow my posts..
I havent sold anything in months.... the last thing I sold was Zoom... that was a mistake... I think I sold it at 140 ish and its $250ish.. uggg...

Still holding AMZN, PCG, LVGO & BYND...

If I where to sell any of my holding... BYND would be the first to go. Because its holding its own, not really going up at this point...
PCG tested me, It brought me to my pain threshold, and I almost sold it, but I am holding it due to its long term potential... I mean long term.

The bigger question that needs to be asked..
Where is the market going to be in 3-6-9months from now...
Considering the Presidential Election - bringing alot of uncertainty to the markets, which leads to price drops.
Considering CV19 impacts to the economy
Considering issues with China/ Consulates /Trade Wars / Cold War / Hong Kong

I am becoming a bear.. I just now figured that out as I was typing this edit...

Hummm, it might be time to take some profits off the table... hold about 33% of my current holdings in AMZN, LVGO & BYND.... I will most likely hold my PCG... but if it drops below $9, it will force me to sell...

One thing about publically stating your opinion on the markets, it makes you look at the reasons why you are doing and self evaluate if you are giving accurate information..

So backing up to some of my posts, on threads like this or this thread...
I only go long on stocks, when I feel the market is Bullish, then I find the sectors that have the best chance of success, then find the best in breed of that sector, and typically hold 4-5 Stocks, 1 in each sector..

So, If I believe we are not in a bull market, then that means we are in a bear market..

The only thing that I can see that can keep us in a bull market is another round of Gov Stimulus...

Saying that, I believe it will be passed... Which is my key reason of why we may be able to hold onto a bull market...

Now that I have beared my opinion...

What are your thoughts...
Bull or Bear and why?

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Follow my posts..
I havent sold anything in months.... the last thing I sold was Zoom... that was a mistake... I think I sold it at 140 ish and its $250ish.. uggg...

Still holding AMZN, PCG, LVGO & BYND...

If I where to sell any of my holding... BYND would be the first to go. Because its holding its own, not really going up at this point...
PCG tested me, It brought me to my pain threshold, and I almost sold it, but I am holding it due to its long term potential... I mean long term.
Same here, I am half tempted to retreat all out in the next few weeks. I feel a huge shit show is on the horizon. Anyone else's spidey senses tingling?! LOL

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I started with $1000, got it up north of $1700, moved so things around and pulled everything out to stop the bleeding at $700.

not my worst 3 months of trading...lol

HCP3

Reaction score
Same here, I am half tempted to retreat all out in the next few weeks. I feel a huge shit show is on the horizon. Anyone else's spidey senses tingling?! LOL

Yes. I bailed out a few weeks ago. Just holding onto a small amount of GUSH to keep me entertained 😆 .

Xring01

Reaction score
I started with $1000, got it up north of $1700, moved so things around and pulled everything out to stop the bleeding at $700.

not my worst 3 months of trading...lol

You had 70% profit, and turned it into a 30% Loss..
I would recommend you develop a better strategy before you go down that road again.
Even with a great strategy, you can still get your ass handed to you.
But with a better strategy, then you most likely making decisions based on facts, not emotion. Typically when you make stock market decisions based on emotion, you lose your ass. Please ask me how I know.

It took me years to develop the strategy that I have now, that came with alot of expensive stupid tax. That I have paid...

Take a look at the strategy I outlined above. Dont accept it because I posted it...
Study it, see if any of it could work in you future strategy, define the weakness of it and improve them to make it better for you. Or just realize that my strategy will never work for you and do the opposite..

But figure out your strategy, that you can believe gives you a better chance of success. Once you have done that, your conviction to your strategy will help you make better decisions.

A little back story: Shorting it as much as I can.
In March 2020, CV19 market melt down, I told a buddy of mine about my strategy, because he wanted in.
He created an Etrade account, which I had the Username and Password to, and I duplicated my holding in his account, and taught him how to trade and the reasons why I do what I do.. Within a few months, he went cowboy and took over his account and lost most of the returns that I had set up for him. A key thing that he learned later... was why I didnt sell LVGO when we doubled our money. He sold LVGO at 68, when I held. I told him that when you have a winner like this, you cant necessarily pick the top of it, thats its far better to put a trailing 10% Stop Limit from its 52 week high, than just to sell...

Well that happend when LVGO was at $68,,, we bought in at $28... He sold, I didnt, I used my strategy to force it to sell with stop limit.

Because of my strategy. LVGO has practically doubled again. It hit a 52 week high today at almost $119 today... I will honor a 10% Stop LImit on that number. Or I foresee a bear market..

When I see a bear market I will sell everything, but until then... following my strategy.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes. I bailed out a few weeks ago. Just holding onto a small amount of GUSH to keep me entertained 😆 .

I’m planning on holding it for YEARS until the next set of oil related problems and it should skyrocket.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Been a rollercoaster last week or so. Playing quite a few Covid stocks which lead to big swings.

Xring01

Reaction score
Where do you see the market heading in the next 3-6-9 months...
Bull or Bear and why?

Because I am very close to selling the majority of my speculative holdings, and sit on the sidelines until next year...

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Where do you see the market heading in the next 3-6-9 months...
Bull or Bear and why?

Because I am very close to selling the majority of my speculative holdings, and sit on the sidelines until next year...

Bear:
- Current polling numbers have Biden winning which will reverse corporate tax cuts. Yes I know we don't trust the polls anymore but still.
- Companies are losing money. If the market is forward looking, when will the market start taking this into consideration.

Bull:
- Can't beat the Fed.

Unfortunately I have not hit it as big as many people in the market as I've been skeptical since bottom. I've seen what has happened to my business customers and it's completely opposite to what the market has been doing. Yes some of my customers are really killing it though. So I'm all over the place.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Lot of favorable news on OPK in regards to CV testing and such. who knows though

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not hit it as big as many people in the market as I've been skeptical since bottom. I've seen what has happened to my business customers and it's completely opposite to what the market has been doing. Yes some of my customers are really killing it though. So I'm all over the place.

I’m with you 100%.

The Federal Reserve is artificially propping up the market by purchasing corporate bonds, many of them junk.

That, and market indexes are heavily weighted toward a select few behemoth companies, which COVID has actually helped.

The remaining 99% of companies are hurting.

IMHO playing the market right now is just gambling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xring01

Reaction score
Well, I honored my stop limit orders, on LVGO & AMZN, and decided to sell everything but PCG, which I am holding for now...

Reasoning is outlined above...
Strategy... If you do not believe there is a bull market on the horizon, then dont play a long position....

Due to current economic situation... I took a long hard look at what I thought next monday will bring to the table....
Knowing that a economic stimulus package is not getting passed today, understanding it may come in the next few weeks. I believe next monday will be a down day for the markets, and will push my investments lower than they are today. Since I was right at the 10% from 52 week high on a couple of my positions... I decided to sell.

So in my speculative portfolio, I was investing less than $30K, but had more to spend if a great deal came up. I always leave dry powder on standby...
Since Mar 2021 till today, I made over $17K
LVGO- I made 300% ish
AMZN - I made 55% ish
ZM - I lost less than $500, but If I would have held, I would have been up 50-75%... ugggg.....
BYND - I lost less than $250

I am still holding PCG.... and I am negative on that position which is not factored into the above, because I have not sold it yet.

This thread shows alot of the dates that I was buying, and alot the dates that I am selling....

So this shows you how I put my strategy to work for me, with the real time results, reasons why I do what I do...

Stock Investing is not for everyone. If you go down this path and decide to do it, be sure you put in work everyday. Start small, dont focus on the $$$ made, focus on the percentages you are positive. If you invest $1000, and lose $100, its not that big of a deal. However its is 10% loss..

So if you invest $10,000, and lose 10%, its $1000... so start small, focus on the percentages of your wins and loss's. When you strategy is developed, and you have confidence in, then increase your individual stock holdings.

If anyone wants more info on how/why I do what I do, just pm me....

The way I look at it, I learned all my lessons the hard/expensive way, So I dont mind helping some of you guys out, and hopefully prevent you from making the expensive mistakes, that I have made.

Last edited:

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Thoughts on CCX? It’s a SPAC that is in talks to take Top Golf public. There is speculation that Top Golf could be worth $4B.

Stock is currently trading around low $11 range.

Xring01

Reaction score
Thoughts on CCX? It’s a SPAC that is in talks to take Top Golf public. There is speculation that Top Golf could be worth $4B.

Stock is currently trading around low $11 range.

I like Top Golf, but with CV19, I dont think it the best timing, to go public.... I would hold off a year, and I would expect a much higher ROI when it goes public.
But thats my opinion.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I like Top Golf, but with CV19, I dont think it the best timing, to go public.... I would hold off a year, and I would expect a much higher ROI when it goes public.
But thats my opinion.

Very good point. From what I read they have until July 2021 to strike a deal. Top Golf is solid company and currently has no competition.

I got turned on to this by a friend who went BIG on it. We’ll see how it goes...

bocco

Reaction score
I am primarily in ETFs. I am seriously thinking about putting a stop loss on all of them. Xring01 mentioned a 10% stop loss. The last 2 days have me down about 1.5%. 10% might be a pretty big number for me. Might set up a 5% stop loss next week and hope for the best.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well, I honored my stop limit orders, on LVGO & AMZN, and decided to sell everything but PCG, which I am holding for now...

Reasoning is outlined above...
Strategy... If you do not believe there is a bull market on the horizon, then dont play a long position....

Due to current economic situation... I took a long hard look at what I thought next monday will bring to the table....
Knowing that a economic stimulus package is not getting passed today, understanding it may come in the next few weeks. I believe next monday will be a down day for the markets, and will push my investments lower than they are today. Since I was right at the 10% from 52 week high on a couple of my positions... I decided to sell.

So in my speculative portfolio, I was investing less than $30K, but had more to spend if a great deal came up. I always leave dry powder on standby...
Since Mar 2021 till today, I made over $17K
LVGO- I made 300% ish
AMZN - I made 55% ish
ZM - I lost less than $500, but If I would have held, I would have been up 50-75%... ugggg.....
BYND - I lost less than $250

I am still holding PCG.... and I am negative on that position which is not factored into the above, because I have not sold it yet.

This thread shows alot of the dates that I was buying, and alot the dates that I am selling....

So this shows you how I put my strategy to work for me, with the real time results, reasons why I do what I do...

Stock Investing is not for everyone. If you go down this path and decide to do it, be sure you put in work everyday. Start small, dont focus on the $$$ made, focus on the percentages you are positive. If you invest $1000, and lose $100, its not that big of a deal. However its is 10% loss..

So if you invest $10,000, and lose 10%, its $1000... so start small, focus on the percentages of your wins and loss's. When you strategy is developed, and you have confidence in, then increase your individual stock holdings.

If anyone wants more info on how/why I do what I do, just pm me....

The way I look at it, I learned all my lessons the hard/expensive way, So I dont mind helping some of you guys out, and hopefully prevent you from making the expensive mistakes, that I have made.

I will start by saying I am not a day trader. I made most of my purchases before May. I feel like I got in so cheap there is no reason to sell regardless of what happens. if the market drops below 20K again I will likely double down. I have more than doubled my original investment to date.

Should I begin setting stop losses on my positions? What is my trigger for re-entry if I do? I don't need the money, so I am ok with a short to medium term roller coaster.

Xring01

Reaction score
I will start by saying I am not a day trader. I made most of my purchases before May. I feel like I got in so cheap there is no reason to sell regardless of what happens. if the market drops below 20K again I will likely double down. I have more than doubled my original investment to date.

Should I begin setting stop losses on my positions? What is my trigger for re-entry if I do? I don't need the money, so I am ok with a short to medium term roller coaster.

I have different portfolios....
The one that I am talking about in this thread is my speculative portfolio... Its not my 401K or retirement accounts. Those are treated alot differently than this account.

My Speculative account is focused on 3-6-9 months, with the occasional long term that I truly believe has potential to double or triple... which is PCG. It is an account that I have in an account similar to Etrade or others. I can and have day traded in it, but over the years, learned alot of lessons that developed my strategy, which has been quite successful for me. The goal of this account, is to profit at least $15K-$18K / year, which gets sold off, and re invested in the 401K type accounts, which offsets the capital gains tax’s to a degree. If it gets more successful than that, I will open up Roth account to, hope to fully fund it with the proceeds of the Speculative account.

Now 401k type investments are totally different strategy than... Those big mutual funds, and they are truly long term..I have done quite well with S&P 500 mutual funds for the last 20 years. But thats about 25% of that account on average.

adam909

Reaction score
The market we are in now is a market i dont trust.. With out the feds help it would be ugly. I have sold off on alot due to im happy with my earnings and holding very few.. Two are gun and ammo stocks. Interested in seeing how those stocks work out with the election around the corner. If trumps takes it ill sell.. PCG is another one that is my largest share holding.. Holding 925 shares and thinking of buying more.. I belive pcg is way under valued and a long term investment.

bocco

Reaction score
I read some articles about a couple of mutual funds that sound pretty good. I prefer ETFs but I'm curious what the opinions are on these.

BSGLX
BAILLIE GIFFORD LONG TERM GLOBAL GROWTH MUTUAL FUND CLASS INSTITUTIONAL

ATACX
ATAC ROTATION FUND CL INVESTOR

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Ok whats your pick commercial Banker whats on your hot sheet

I think I put a decent synopsis of what I see in the market above. I’m not touting anything.

I had one of my stocks (ADMP) run from 0.55 to $1.22 last week all because somebody hyped it up on Robin Hood. You could see the ownership quadruple on Robin Track. There’s was no other reason. There may be some good FDA news on the horizon so I’ll probably get back in.

Fortunately I go out at $1.00 and then 1.15 as it’s now below that again.

This market has nothing to do with business fundamentals and all about the Fed pumping money into the system. I’m sparsely in the market although I have taken a large position in TZA right now.

hallett21

Reaction score
Alright so for those that are still in. When do you pull shoot lol? End of September? Balls to the wall until November 1?

Edit: Also, how about that Kodak 🤣

Javajoe

Reaction score
I sold everything last Thursday. Glad I did. Made really good money the last three months. Waiting for another bottom

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Man I have taking a beating was up
Almost 10k on a 19k investment. Now I’m only in the green 2k.
Mostly in Boeing and Norwegian. Which should pick back up in the next few years.
mid covid goes another year I think Norwegian will be in trouble.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Man I have taking a beating was up
Almost 10k on a 19k investment. Now I’m only in the green 2k.
Mostly in Boeing and Norwegian. Which should pick back up in the next few years.
mid covid goes another year I think Norwegian will be in trouble.

I got out of BA yesterday. Wish I would have in mid June when it peaked. I’m waiting to see what it does after they report out this week. Might jump back in after that. Just a little worried about the financials coming out.

Xring01

Reaction score
Earnings this week be careful
Owe yeah... Power house companys are about to report... regardless of the current earnings... the future outlook alone, can tank the market... Especially if they reduce projections/outlook...

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
I am reminded of when I was a Broker with Morgan Stanley in 2000. As soon as every average Joe had stock advice with the balloon results to back it up I knew that disaster was right around the corner. I watched my top client piss away 7M while I pled with her to do the opposite. We are back to irrational exuberance!

hallett21

Reaction score
I am reminded of when I was a Broker with Morgan Stanley in 2000. As soon as every average Joe had stock advice with the balloon results to back it up I knew that disaster was right around the corner. I watched my top client piss away 7M while I pled with her to do the opposite. We are back to irrational exuberance!

Back to? Google Wallstreetbets. You'll have a heart attack lol

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I’ve pulled out of all travel industry.
The Cares Act is coming to an end and airlines are already planning on furloughing up to 30% of staff across the board. Pilots, In-flight, gate, ramp and Ops are all slated for cuts.
You can research what airlines are requesting new routes and which airlines are requesting route reductions or all together out of a destination. Most requests are to reduce or withdraw.
I do think your mainline carries will fair well financially although the stock will always take the same hit as budget carriers.
So, here’s what I’m looking for. A 20-30% drop from today’s price on mainline carriers to buy and go long. A 30-50% drop in budget carriers to go short.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Alright so for those that are still in. When do you pull shoot lol? End of September? Balls to the wall until November 1?

Edit: Also, how about that Kodak [emoji1787]

Kodak!!!! Whoa up 354% crazy!

hallett21

Reaction score
How do we feel about PG&E s earning report this week?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I think I put a decent synopsis of what I see in the market above. I’m not touting anything.

I had one of my stocks (ADMP) run from 0.55 to $1.22 last week all because somebody hyped it up on Robin Hood. You could see the ownership quadruple on Robin Track. There’s was no other reason. There may be some good FDA news on the horizon so I’ll probably get back in.

Fortunately I go out at $1.00 and then 1.15 as it’s now below that again.

This market has nothing to do with business fundamentals and all about the Fed pumping money into the system. I’m sparsely in the market although I have taken a large position in TZA right now.

Well you'd be up 34% on ADMP so far this week.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
PG&E partnering up with Tesla on a project. This could be good. I sold all my holdings. Is this a good time to get back in for long ten?