WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Xring01

Reaction score
Chwy is rolling nice play!

Fuckk.... since I posted, its now up to $69.28....
Dumb ass me in the past would lock in 10% profit, and sell it all just to watch it run anothe4 5%...

I have paid enough stupid tax..

Sold 33%, letting the remaining run, with a tight stop.... It it runs great, if it drops, I still lock in profits...

Knowledge like that, only comes from paying lots and lots, and lots of stupid tax. Please ask me how I know.l

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
TSLA...
Will get alot of big funds, pouring $$$ into every 1st and 15th of the month.
Why... because of 401Ks... Once TSLA added to S&P 500, opens it up to pretty much all pension funds.

So... As long as they dont have any huge negative press, then its only going to go up, as long as the markets go up.

My recommendation... Buy a small starter position, even just 10%, just keep adding to that position over time. Its very hard to pay 52 week high for anything. Just remember my AMZN story... How I sat back and just watched it double in value... knowing it was a good buy, but didnt buy it...

IF it pulls back, then buy bigger positions.

Other EV Plays are
NIO, XPEV, LI, WKHS, PLUG, BLNK, CBAT and many others. EVs will be the vehicles of the future. Jump on board this train...

Was just having a conversation with a friend a couple weeks ago.. he was considering buying Amazon stock 20 or so years ago... but he bought his kid a really cool treehouse with the money. He still has the really treehouse and had to put a new floor in it. The Amazon stock would have been worth like $36M.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Just let the money sit then buy again and again space out dividend stocks so they pay in different months and your play stocks let it roll and roll till the first quarter of the year

Xring01

Reaction score
Just let the money sit then buy again and again space out dividend stocks so they pay in different months and your play stocks let it roll and roll till the first quarter of the year
High Dividend SP500 stocks, over many years will avg 8-10%/ year over 20 years if history repeats itself. Its a great way to become a millionaire if you contribute 15% of your annual salary every year for 25 years.. Done you will most likely be a millionaire, as long as history repeats itself

The stuff on this thread that I talk about, is from my cash account not a 401k account. My cash account maxs out my 401k account... with the profits from cash be deposited into 401k account to mitagate the over all taxs.

My cash account is not geared for 10% a year. My goal is 10% a month.

tThis is my first month with this goal. I will fall short. Lots of reasons, some I can blame on markets due to election, volatility.. and alot because I made mistakes.

But I am learning from those mistakes. I am getting better. My confidence is getting higher, track record of green to red days is awesome.

I can honestly say Cv19 gave me the time to truly study and learn how to bean investor / trader. I truly started upping my game about 2-3 months ago.

So I am no expert at all, but I am willing to share with you guys my entrys and exits, success and failures.

By doing that it helps me learn more and think about my success and failures. To minimize the failures and fully cash in on the success.

Its all about risk to reward ratios, solid tradings plans. Be willing to pay some stupid tax. No one learns this game with paying some tax.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Fuckk.... since I posted, its now up to $69.28....
Dumb ass me in the past would lock in 10% profit, and sell it all just to watch it run anothe4 5%...

I have paid enough stupid tax..

Sold 33%, letting the remaining run, with a tight stop.... It it runs great, if it drops, I still lock in profits...

Knowledge like that, only comes from paying lots and lots, and lots of stupid tax. Please ask me how I know.l
Played RKT didn't do too much all day, still got it with a tight stop, see what happens monday.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Was just having a conversation with a friend a couple weeks ago.. he was considering buying Amazon stock 20 or so years ago... but he bought his kid a really cool treehouse with the money. He still has the really treehouse and had to put a new floor in it. The Amazon stock would have been worth like $36M.
Kind of how bit coin worked for me. Not that big of an amount but a buddy started using bit coin years ago buying steroids. Would have made me a lot of money had I listened. Oh well I still get to go to work everyday 😊

Xring01

Reaction score
I have sold off 75% of my CHWY, holding 25% for now... see what happens the rest of the day.
RKT... dropping more than I would like, but I did add to my position, 50% in... Hoping it doesn't drop to much further.

I am kicking myself today, Guess who made 15% on BLNK the other day...
Guess who sold BLNK at $18 the other day... guess who watched it climb to $32 and pull back some...
Ohhhh this one stings a bit... wow...

I am completely out of NIO at the moment. It hit its 52 week high, broke above it then started retreating back. I am hoping it pulls back alot, and consolidates, and gives me a good re entry point.

PTON - got 10% on it
CRM - got 10% on it

Be very careful this week guys.
Market is gonna be choppy choppy choppy in my opinion.

Alot of Traders/Investors are taking the entire week off, which means there will not be as much $$$ flowing into the markets, giving the high speed computer algos, the ability to truly make stuff bounce. around... I watched BLNK go up 40% today alone, I saw it drop 10% in 1 minute... yep one candle was a 10% drop. So please set your stops if into anything remotely risky... but always set your stops.

Yep... lines crossed... I think I will sell all of CHWY... right now... out out out....

Lets hope Chwy drops back down 4-5 dollars, or the RSI drops to 20, and find us another entry....

High risk stock... thats a Blockchain/crypto play..
I dont have much in it at all, but its up huge for me already...
RIOT.... if you play this one dont put much in... get in a very small amount.. .if it goes up $2 after your initial entry, then double your position size, and hope this thing goes to $10-$15 bucks. This is a LONG SHOT...

Xring01

Reaction score
UGGGG.... NIO kept climbing... again, I got out to soon... wow... didnt see that coming.. I am not complaining... I got 20% ROI on NIO on my last purchase. but I left a $1/share or more on the table, cause it still going up.

NIO is a beast...
SHIT... BLNK... high of $34.67... (recapping... I had BLNK from $16ish to $18ish, when I sold), why didnt I hold it longer ugggg.

Some days, I feel like I am getting the hang of trading... today... wow... I am green like really reallly green.. but it doesnt feel like a green day.

Looking at NIO and BLNK... omg did I leave some $$$$ on the table... guess we can say I paid more stupid tax... or got greedy...

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Played with FCEL some today, mostly just watching the game.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I have been playing with IDEX for about 2 months. Bought it CHEAP and it hasn't really done much, up a few cents one day, down a few the next. I bought in for .83 a share with a $2k investment. Mostly bought in because I cannot afford TSLA, but know the electric vehicle shit is here to stay. Its been climbing pretty steady for a week, and then today it really paid off.

1606176063157.png

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of what I would call day trading. I know what it takes to stay in the game but there is also a fiscal responsibility with Uncle Sam. What are you doing to stay on top of all the trades, profits and losses. I think that should be an integral part of this discussion so some can look back for good reading.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Bought 25 shares of Apple today. It helped my average buy in come down a bit.

Xring01

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of what I would call day trading. I know what it takes to stay in the game but there is also a fiscal responsibility with Uncle Sam. What are you doing to stay on top of all the trades, profits and losses. I think that should be an integral part of this discussion so some can look back for good reading.
I am trying to do mostly swing trades, but I do day trade.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
So just hand the statements over to your accountant. Got it.
Was just wondering if anyone handled their own taxes.

Turnup

Reaction score
Most accounts will put your buy/sell activities together making it nice for accounting purposes and claiming gains or figuring out a loss to claim against.

I thought for sure we were on the verge of a war w China at the beginning of the year, for shits n grins I opened an UTMA and when the market hit 17k in March I abracadbra'd a large sum on AVAV and got in at 47...my 6 y/o is pretty much flexing at this point 😆

CLdrinker

Reaction score
APPL I’m down 2.39%
BA I’m up 30%
DIS I’m up 46%
NCLH I’m up 22%
V I’m up 31%.

I’m happy with that.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My oil stocks keep moving up. They were looking back very good buys.

i think I have had maybe 3 or 4 red days since the election. I bought back in on Nov 2nd and am amazed at what has transpired. I bet on Trump to win.

i am going to start throwing darts or maybe let a monkey throw them for me. Lol

havent started trading yet though.

getting rebalanced soon before the end of the year.

Xring01

Reaction score
Its most likely going to be a red day for me.
Started off green with daytrading SBE,
Moved over to NKLA and got chopped up, tried again, chopped...

Still green for the day, but couldnt stop myself. Got caught in a false break of NIO... uggg...

OVerall, I minimized my loss's, and took some good risks, that just didnt go my way. Thats probably just part of the trading.

Day is not over and I still see potentials in several things I am watching.

The best news, is that I got out of CHWY are almost perfection, cause she has dropped over $2 since, and I hope it drops another $2..... regardless, it is setting up for another re entry.

RKT is finally showing some signs of strenth.... Lets watch is a bit longer and see if it can hold $21 area.

Edited:
Well my day trades broke even today. I played BLNK from $26.50 to $28.65 to about perfection. I saw the ema lines cross over, got in small, as it rose, bought more shares, when I was up at least a buck/share, it briefly turned down a bit, I sold off half to protect my profits. A moment later, it starting uptrending... broke above VWAP with lots of volume Went up into the $29s, lots of sellers came in I sold have in the high $28,s and the last bit at $28.65 when it broke VWAP in a down trend. An it promptly fell to the $28.20s... One of my better trades.

The only reason I am red, is because RIOT pulled back some today. Dont get me wrong... I was buying RIOT in the $5 area, and its pulled from the $7s to the high $6s... Thats the only reason why I am red. I am not complaining at all. Its a high risk play, I am still up alot, and I am still holding it.

It may be a red day, but I feel good about it, and I dont feel like I got beat up. That happens on green days.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I rebalanced today and added big to dividend paying stocks quantities. I am shooting for a certain yearly percentage in my portfolio and it should be easily obtainable now. Anything more on the upside is just gravy. Have the money now in my trader account for fuckin around with......Gotta look at a few things before I start trading though.

Good luck everybody!

DaBank

Reaction score
I rebalanced today and added big to dividend paying stocks quantities. I am shooting for a certain yearly percentage in my portfolio and it should be easily obtainable now. Anything more on the upside is just gravy. Have the money now in my trader account for fuckin around with......Gotta look at a few things before I start trading though.

Good luck everybody!
What are your favorite dividend stocks?

boatnam2

Reaction score
MPLX,SPG,OKE,JWN ARE DIV Stocks I like, VYN for a div ETF.

C08H18

Reaction score

Good luck everybody!

@DILLIGAF If you don't mind my asking, why go big on dividend stocks and pay taxes now versus growth stock that postpones the tax burden? TIA

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
@DILLIGAF If you don't mind my asking, why go big on dividend stocks and pay taxes now versus growth stock that postpones the tax burden? TIA

Likely because he is retired already, and has limited his tax liabilities already.. but I do not know his specifics.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Tesla just keeps going up. Thinking I need to stop waiting for the pull back

evantwheeler

Reaction score

If he uses DRIP, he does not realize the gains, the dividends are re-invested and you do not pay taxes on them until you sell the shares. The divined stocks are likely less volatile for someone looking for capital preservation/slow steady growth.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
If he uses DRIP, he does not realize the gains, the dividends are re-invested and you do not pay taxes on them until you sell the shares. The divined stocks are likely less volatile for someone looking for capital preservation/slow steady growth.
Bingo 👍

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Tesla just keeps going up. Thinking I need to stop waiting for the pull back

Yeah. I did that when i rode it from 450 to 700 and then waited for the next entry point. Never happened on its way to the moon.

Also did that with LL. It spiked from 5 to 7 and I waited for it to come back down. It's at 30 now.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Yeah. I did that when i rode it from 450 to 700 and then waited for the next entry point. Never happened on its way to the moon.

Also did that with LL. It spiked from 5 to 7 and I waited for it to come back down. It's at 30 now.

I considered buying last week and I kick myself everyday fir not buying the day before.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

I am retired and the dividends will pay for my retirement based on a % I am looking for. They are high quality, slower moving stocks that have years and decades of proven and reliable dividends paid. That does not mean they do not have growth but it is usually just slower growth than the high flyers that come and go. Think of the difference between service on a high performance boat motor and a stock boat motor that was well built. I need reliability instead of go fast.

Everybody has their own goals....or at least they should have. If no plan and how to get there you might as well head to Vegas :) I guess for some the plan is Vegas or the Lotto....haha

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

I don't know all the fancy terms but yes, thats what I am doing.

My goal is to stay completely out of my principal and leave that for my son/grandkids.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Likely because he is retired already, and has limited his tax liabilities already.. but I do not know his specifics.

Thats it....nothing complicated

I did open up another account with XXK dollars in it to trade with for my own to do. You better believe I will be comparing my results to my financial guys performance. To be fair though I will be much more aggressive than the plan we put together but I just can't help but compare the returns % wise. I will be taking chances in this one I would never take in my larger accounts.

boatnam2

Reaction score
TSLA is on fire again, someone is cleaning up, big buy ins right before close by many, may be a epic friday.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Couple dividend stocks I have and one I keep missing.

MO has been a great dividend stock I picked up in 2008. Basically negative growth for past 5 years due to industry, but the dividend keeps paying.

PAA has been good dividend, but not very consistent % wise although remains above 5%. Nice tax shelter stock. But, long term could be iffy if oil business is substantially impacted.

GIS - picked up in recent years. Solid dividend payer.

T - another solid one, although, growth isn’t there in recent years.

CAT - solid, but slightly low dividend. Experienced excellent growth too.

VZ - I keep missing the buy-in, but narrow share price range and solid high dividend.

C08H18

Reaction score
Thats it....nothing complicated

I did open up another account with XXK dollars in it to trade with for my own to do. You better believe I will be comparing my results to my financial guys performance.

i'd did the same for about a year. Had xxK and made 5-10 trades/month. i never could outperform my managed acct and actually did the best when I simply bought some ETF's and forgot about it for 6 months.

C08H18

Reaction score
I am retired and the dividends will pay for my retirement based on a % I am looking for. They are high quality, slower moving stocks that have years and decades of proven and reliable dividends paid. That does not mean they do not have growth but it is usually just slower growth than the high flyers that come and go. Think of the difference between service on a high performance boat motor and a stock boat motor that was well built. I need reliability instead of go fast.

Everybody has their own goals....or at least they should have. If no plan and how to get there you might as well head to Vegas :) I guess for some the plan is Vegas or the Lotto....haha
thanks. similar long term plan here. The minimum IRA distribution has me concerned that i could be in a higher tax bracket after 70. Dividends would increase taxable income and possibly bump up the bracket.

Xring01

Reaction score
Growth Stocks - more volatile, but higher ROI
DKNG
LCA
RKT
NIO
PLTR, once it finds bottom footing
ACB or GRWG - take your pick one or the other on any pull backs

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just bought more of Tesla last 492 should be at 900 in Jan
What’s the deal with Tesla? From what I’m reading the company is way over valued compared to actual profit.
Yet all it does is go up?

I only have enough to buy 4 shares right now but should I say duck it and jump in?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Same here tesla is overpriced but I still bought some at 490 everybody I talk to tells me it’s a 1000 stock I only have 3 shares

Xring01

Reaction score
I hope you still have your chwy!

Nope, I wasnt... Sold in the $69 area, hoping for a pull back, it got down to the $66 area and took off with me sitting on the side lines... I posted many times, I thought it would hit $75. Thats a risk you take when you are Swing trading, you will not capture all the up ticks. But I my swing trading strategy on it, paid me more, than just holding it from $56-75.

The other question regarding TSLA..
My thoughts, Dont value TSLA just a Car manufacturer. You have to look at Semis, Solar Residential, Solar for Commercial, Solar for Utility, Battery Tech for Utilitys and Residential. etc etc etc. All bring in significant cash flow. At this time, its consolidating around the $580ish area, gathering strength for its next run up. The closer it gets to that 50day MA, the better for another 5-10% gain. If you have it, then hold it. If you trying to get in, then hope to get it below $575. It should be in the $625 area before Xmas. As I mentioned before, being added to the SP500 is huge for this stock. Lots of retirement 401K, Pensions, State Retirements all buy SP500 the 1st and 15th of every month. Which means alot of money will be used to buying TSLA stock. Combine that with all the Tech Mutual Funds and ETF's... I can see going to $1000 by the end of 2021. Maybe higher. As long as Biden doesnt mess up the economy, or get us into a war.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well you can only think about it for so long.

Got 4 shares of Tesla at $545

Xring01

Reaction score
Well you can only think about it for so long.

Got 4 shares of Tesla at $545
Damn, Tesla Premarket is already at $596... Thats $50 / share ROI... almost 10%. well done. GS just upgraded it to buy with a PT of $780...
My prediction of $625 by Xmas, seems to be way off, could be $625 by the end of the day. LOL...