WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 better???

guest hs

Reaction score
I don’t see how there can be optimism in the coming year. Sorry to be a downer but it’s off to a bad start already.
1. Covid is at its worst
2. Presidency will be at its all time worse
3. Unemployment is running out for most
4. Jobs are not there
5. Home prices are at an all time high
If you wanted to be in a good business this time around it would be a Bankruptcy Attorney. The $600 stimulus is only going to benefit grocery stores and gas stations. Definitely not off to a good start!

4Waters

Reaction score
I don’t see how there can be optimism in the coming year. Sorry to be a downer but it’s off to a bad start already.
1. Covid is at its worst
4. Jobs are not there
If you wanted to be in a good business this time around it would be a Bankruptcy Attorney. The $600 stimulus is only going to benefit grocery stores and gas stations. Definitely not off to a good start!
I agree with what you are saying except for the jobs. The jobs are there, the government won't let the people work.

DMF

Reaction score
Well, my business is off to a good start. We have several contracts starting on Monday. My wife's parents both just had covid and survived. In 2020 my business definitely suffered due to covid, but my wife has been working from home since it started. This has allowed us to spend a lot of time at the Havasu house. My dog made it thru the night with the neighborhood bombs / fireworks in celebration of New Years.

Even though it is hard at times to be positive, I feel like things can always be worse! I am gonna charge hard in 2021 to try and make up for the short comings of 2020.

Singleton

Reaction score
I don’t know my wife has been looking for a job since May with no luck.

What is she looking for?
I know my company is on a hiring freeze for back office folks until the economy opens back up. Hiring sales staff left and right

guest hs

Reaction score
What is she looking for?
I know my company is on a hiring freeze for back office folks until the economy opens back up. Hiring sales staff left and right
At this point she would take anything.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
1. Covid is at its worst
4. Jobs are not there

Unfortunately I agree, with #2 being the worst. I think we will see drastic measures implemented very quickly. They will waste no time taking advantage of their power. Once they pack the supreme court they can decimate the constitution and after that, all is lost. :(

4Waters

Reaction score
At this point she would take anything.
Has she looked into Medical Transcribing, it's something that she can do at home and I'm sure that is or will be booming.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am far from an optimist. As could be proven by stock piles of stuff. I think there's a lot to be said about the prism we look through.
If you have a home, things are good. If you have food, things are good. Even those not making the money they were, or want to, at least they have the chance to worry about it.
Life sure as hell isn't filet mignon and champagne all the time. For the most part, it can be ramen or potatoes...beats the hell out of starving though. Look at what you have, not what you don't. There are more important reasons to stress.

guest hs

Reaction score
@namba860
What does Mrs namba do?

Can she operate a crane? Several of my customers are looking.

But seriously, what does she do?
She has been in Human Resources her whole life. Benefits Coordinator, Pay Roll, Employment Law, Recruiting ETC. She recently just got her Real Estate License here in Arizona. With only 165 homes for sale In Havasu she doesn’t have much going on there being new to the business. She is getting an opportunity in Real Estate later in the year but we really need something to tide her over until then.

charred1

Reaction score
Trying to navigate through all this Covid and political bs has been challenging. However, there have been some positives for my family that we hope to carry into 2021 and the years to come.
1. I see and love on my kids more than ever. Didn’t realize how fast time flew by and how quickly they grow up,. Now trying to cherish what little time we have with them still at home.
2. Thankful that both the wife and I have decent jobs, making it possible to support family and as many of the struggling small businesses that are staying open regardless of Newsome’s mandate.
3. Made new friendships and reinforced those we already had.
4. Just got funded on a 30 year refi at 2.25%. Lol

Regardless of the president elect and the vp, we are going to hit the road running, work hard, stay positive and cherish what we have. Happy New Year, folks!

dribble

Reaction score
I woke up this morning. I’m 65 this year and healthy. I’m still waterskiing, still riding dirt bikes. I’m in a great relationship with the love of my life. Everything else is secondary to that.

Oh and I also got laid this morning. It’s going to be a great year.

dribble

Reaction score
Unfortunately I agree, with #2 being the worst. I think we will see drastic measures implemented very quickly. They will waste no time taking advantage of their power. Once they pack the supreme court they can decimate the constitution and after that, all is lost. :(

Won’t happen. Even if we lose both seats in Georgia, West Virginia democrat senator Joe Manchen has already stated that he will cross party lines and vote against packing the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
I think 2021 will be the reality year and the economy will feel the true effects of the covid shut downs, putting folks on the nipple and wildly printing money. Not to mention what the Dems will do to the economy by their crushing policies.

Just like 2007, too many things do'nt compute right now. Like 2007, I dont know what exactly is going to pull the rug out but I’m prepared for it. lf you have a niche making good income right now I wouldnt be spending it all like a drunken sailor.