WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Cadillac Escalade revealed - Are you buying?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2020-02-04-at-2.42.32-PM-610x411.png

OFFICIAL REVEAL is TOMORROW

While the next-generation Cadillac Escalade debuts on Tuesday, the cover was pulled off early by automotive photographer Wilco Blok. The model has seen leaks before, helping to validate Blok’s image as authentic. That said, this is probably the best-quality photo we’re likely to see of the model before its official premiere just hours from now.

Visually, the 2021 Escalade maintains its familial resemblance to SUVs from GMC and Chevrolet sharing the same GMT1XX platform and has dramatically scaled back its reliance on bling. However, the de-chromed grille arguably makes it more difficult to tell apart from the Tahoe/Suburban and Yukon, which hardly seems like a wise marketing decision.

Key differences are subtle. Escalade has blacked-out pillars, its own wheels, and premium branding, though it would be hard to positively identify at any distance until you’ve gotten a glimpse of the back end (as the model is presumed to retain its signature elongated vertical tail lamps). The front features tight, horizontally oriented headlights and a raised emblem — tapping into the brand’s evolving styling language.

It’s a more contemporary design overall but it doesn’t do much to make the model feel truly special. This is no more attractive than the Tahoe and Suburban General Motors revealed in December, both of which lean into the boxy design a little more comfortably. So then, what exactly is the point of the new Escalade?

Well, Cadillac has already teased its gargantuan interior screen. The 38-inch curved OLED unit spans the entire dashboard and is aimed squarely at luxury shoppers who now prioritize tech over other elements and Clifford the Big Red Dog. Technological touches should abound in the Escalade. Jalopnik, which originally shared the Wilco Blok photos, noticed the leaked images appear to show deployable running boards. While those are almost guaranteed to be part of a lengthy options list, it would represent a higher level of customization and more available features than you’ll find at GMC or Chevy.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/02/2021-cadillac-escalade-exterior-leaked-hours-before-debut/

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Definitely up there with luxury interior looks. Hope the materials feel and sound as good as it looks. Guessing 100k starting at the rate things things are getting to with all the tech!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Definitely up there with luxury interior looks. Hope the materials feel and sound as good as it looks. Guessing 100k starting at the rate things things are getting to with all the tech!!

when I purchased my 2012, I remember the sale rep stating by 2020, the starting price for the entry level Escalade is targeted at 100k.

traded that 12 on a 15 Yukon and could not be happier.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I have a 2013. I won’t need a replacement for another 7-10 years. Bought CPO, so I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I like the fact that it has less chrome, the big screen, which reminds me of the E class, and I think it’ll have super cruise. If I could afford it, I’d definitely run it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
GM finally starting to get serious with dashboards.
Our Z06 had a 1966 impala station wagon style dash.
Our 2020 3500 Denali will have the same dash as our 2015.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Thank god they finally got rid of the freaking column shift lever.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Man I'd kill for that. bought mine new in 07 but unfortunately, You could buy a house with whatever they are getting for that.:confused:

stolen

Reaction score
I like it, but I'm not completely sold on it. I had a '13 Escalade and now I have '17 Denali. I might go with the Denali again, I really like the look of the '21 Denali. And it will be $20K less than the Escalade.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
The more I'm researching this the more I like it. Hands free steering, 36 speakers with studio quality 360 degree sound, kick ass dash and rear monitors.....screw it, you only live once!:D

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I like it, but I'm not completely sold on it. I had a '13 Escalade and now I have '17 Denali. I might go with the Denali again, I really like the look of the '21 Denali. And it will be $20K less than the Escalade.

When I come off my high horse :D the Denali is a great vehicle...been looking at those in Bullhead recently.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
IMO Lincoln passed GMC a few years back on the interiors etc.. be interesting to see if they finally caught back up or maybe pulled ahead again?

Tank0088

Reaction score
Damn that Escalade is really nice. I’ll have to wait to buy mine in 2030 with all of the other section 8 welfare people Jk. I hope Cadi is putting in some nice tracking systems or making them more difficult to steal.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That Escalade is dope.
The interior is out of this world.

I’m in...in like 4 years when I can get it CPO for 1/2 price or less.

$100k for a new vehicle?
Notgonnahappen.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sirbob

Reaction score
Caddy exterior - uggg, Interior - nice update

1 year in however im very happy with our new Navigator

Last edited:

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I was not sure on the exterior styling, a lady went by yesterday in one all blacked out and it was a knockout...
Interiors are beautiful.
I think the the 2017ish CPO is the way to go, I love the look of those still anyway.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My ex paid $110k for her 19’ Escalade, has to have dropped in value fast with the new body style out.

Mrs. LR2 is getting a High Country Tahoe in the $80’s sometime soon.
We’ll use the extra $20k for trips and slum it out in the high country, lol

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was not sure on the exterior styling, a lady went by yesterday in one all blacked out and it was a knockout...
Interiors are beautiful.
I think the the 2017ish CPO is the way to go, I love the look of those still anyway.

I went and checked them out the other day. I like them and makes me want another one. They made some welcome changes that my 2019 didn’t have. Like an integrated brake controller. The dash is pretty bad ass.

They now have a factory black trim option as well.

Wife keeps going back and for the on wanting another suv. She likes her car so we also checked out the ct5
We have our dually and I’m getting larger work truck so most likely we will lean towards the sedan.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
My ex paid $110k for her 19’ Escalade, has to have dropped in value fast with the new body style out.

Mrs. LR2 is getting a High Country Tahoe in the $80’s sometime soon.
We’ll use the extra $20k for trips and slum it out in the high country, lol

Yah I’m seeing quite a few of the older body style flooding the market. Now that the new body is out. There are some deals out there and then you can see who’s looking for a payoff value.

Now that GM is offering the 6.2 in the Chevy lineup it definitely makes the jump less appealing.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yah I’m seeing quite a few of the older body style flooding the market. Now that the new body is out. There are some deals out there and then you can see who’s looking for a payoff value.

Now that GM is offering the 6.2 in the Chevy lineup it definitely makes the jump less appealing.
My wife liked the 6.2 with the 10 speed trans. The acceleration is impressive and the mpg is allegedly 3-4 less than the 5.3.
I liked the Z71 better but it’s her car so High Country it is.
It will probably take a hit resale wise (6.2-mpg), but she keeps her cars 10 years or more so won’t really matter at that point.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Change that grill a tad, and you’d have yourself a Lexus! :D

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I'm sure it is a nice vehicle but I couldn't imagine spending $100K+ on it. :oops:

Granted, I'm an old school old fart and look at things differently than most but think about how many hours you'd have to work to pay that much money. Most people finance too so all the interest gets added on. Then how much money you lose when selling or worse, trading in on another. Just seems crazy to me.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I'm sure it is a nice vehicle but I couldn't imagine spending $100K+ on it. :oops:

Granted, I'm an old school old fart and look at things differently than most but think about how many hours you'd have to work to pay that much money. Most people finance too so all the interest gets added on. Then how much money you lose when selling or worse, trading in on another. Just seems crazy to me.
I’m the same way, no way am I paying $100k for a vehicle. We bought a 2001 Lexus GS 430 brand new for $55k OTD and I thought that was pretty damn expensive. In 2011 I bought my current Silverado 2500 HD with the Dmax for $52k OTD which I thought was ridiculous (and that was the good guy price) for a pick-up. Now we’re here in 2020 and people are paying around $100k for trucks and SUVs. If they lasted it might be worth it, but all they seem to have issues and in a couple of years they get sold or traded in at a little over $0.50 on the dollar. I was at the GMC dealer to look at a USED truck and saw a new 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 SLT, not even a Denali, with a lift and 37” tires for $99,998! No f’n way! Those are house prices outside of SoCal. Used or CPO cars for me now. My paycheck hasn’t kept up with new car pricing.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Agreed, any vehicle we buy is within our means.
Wife will put $40k down and finance $40. She makes three times more than what the Tahoe costs annually plus she gets stipends for work trips so it fits easily in her budget.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They are definitely badass...... but I can pay for a LOT of gas and repairs to our '09 for that price difference...... about $84k worth of difference.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
Bitchin vehicle, but going with a new Burb for the wife. She gets a new vehicle every 4 years because of how much she drives. Hopefully working more from home will change that, but for now 100k is out of our price range for e vehicle that will get quickly driven into the ground.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Four men went golfing together one day; three headed to the first tee and one went into the club house to take care of the bill.

The three men started talking, bragging about their sons.

The first man told the others, "My son is a home builder and he's so successful that he gave a friend a new home - for free."

The second man said, "My son was a car salesman and now he owns a multi-line dealership. He's so successful that he gave a friend two Cadillacs."

The third man, not wanting to be outdone bragged, "My son is a stock broker and he's doing so well that he gave his friend an entire stock portfolio."

The fourth man joined them on the tee after a few minutes of taking care of business.The first man mentioned, "We were just talking about our sons. How is yours doing?"

The fourth man replied, "Well, my son is gay. I'm not totally thrilled about it, but he must be good. His last three boyfriends gave him a house, two cars, and a stock portfolio."

I got this from the comments in Blackwing link.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
My wife liked the 6.2 with the 10 speed trans. The acceleration is impressive and the mpg is allegedly 3-4 less than the 5.3.
I liked the Z71 better but it’s her car so High Country it is.
It will probably take a hit resale wise (6.2-mpg), but she keeps her cars 10 years or more so won’t really matter at that point.
The 6.2 in my experience does better than the 5.3. My 17 Silverado 4wd 6.2 lifetime average is 17.3. I usually average between 19-20 on trips. Leveled on 33's also. This is with the 8 speed. I'm guessing the 10 should muster another 1 mpg.