WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Damn Dam Run!

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Reviving this thread. I plan on making the run this year. Boated every other lake on the Colorado but never been on Mohave so this will be a 1st. Got an end slip for my friend's 36' Concept. Keep me posted with a head count as it gets closer and we'll donate a bottle of product for each boat.

-Zack

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’m double checking our schedule right now. Hoping to make this trip! Never done it with this crew.

DomesticDrifter

Reaction score
We’re thinking about it, would love to do this since I’ve never been past Blythe really on the river, and only been to Havasu twice

DomesticDrifter

Reaction score
If you’re worried about boat size, launch from Cottonwood
Thanks for the tip, I should’ve clarified, back in the day I’ve only boated Blythe but on a different boat. We’re not worried with our current boat.

LC925

Reaction score
Same weekend of my daughters 2nd bday... The wife is not opposed, but not 100% convinced either. Trying to tell her it’s what Madison would want 🤷🏻‍♂️

@SoCal_BT open to this?!

Hallett285

Reaction score
Would like to do it again, however sold the boat and just have the skis now.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Same weekend of my daughters 2nd bday... The wife is not opposed, but not 100% convinced either. Trying to tell her it’s what Madison would want 🤷🏻‍♂️

@SoCal_BT open to this?!
As long as you have plenty of shade, it’s a long day with one beach stop only. Not to sway away, but with a 2 year old it’s a little long. But on the bright side, her not knowing how
To read the calendar, and the excitement can always party the weekend before for her birthday then tell her she’s also getting a boat party the next weekend for a two weekend birthday.

LC925

Reaction score
As long as you have plenty of shade, it’s a long day with one beach stop only. Not to sway away, but with a 2 year old it’s a little long. But on the bright side, her not knowing how
To read the calendar, and the excitement can always party the weekend before for her birthday then tell her she’s also getting a boat party the next weekend for a two weekend birthday.

Thanks for the heads up. I think we might be in now. Going to make calls this week to check on reservations. Luckily we have a cuddy so there is plenty of shade for her. Trained her last season that it’s her spot and she loves it lol. The only thing she is not fond of is cold water, although she was very young last season. How are water temps up on that lake? Haven’t been in about 20 years. More so like Lake Havasu on the lake or up river where it’s cooler?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I think we might be in now. Going to make calls this week to check on reservations. Luckily we have a cuddy so there is plenty of shade for her. Trained her last season that it’s her spot and she loves it lol. The only thing she is not fond of is cold water, although she was very young last season. How are water temps up on that lake? Haven’t been in about 20 years. More so like Lake Havasu on the lake or up river where it’s cooler?

Mohave has warm water in the basin and south. Up towards the Hoover dam it gets freaking cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Mohave has warm water in the basin and south. Up towards the Hoover dam it gets freaking cold.

Up past Willow no thanks, below Willow is like the gorge to Havasu and basin to Katherine’s is warmer than Havasu

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
This was one of my favorite runs last year and the first time meeting other inmates. The food was great and the conversation even better. Sadly won’t make it this year as we’ll be at Powell.

We ran with the group (mostly behind) there and back until Willow. Stopped for some ice cream then started exploring the bays on the way down to the upper basin. Between Arizona Cove and Owl Point was one of our favorite areas. Water was perfect, scenery was nice and you could tuck yourself in for some privacy. My bimini is pretty small so we were always hunting down shade and there’s plenty of it out there in the afternoon.

DF84711B-BCC1-4384-8421-044D4EC43E2C.jpeg

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
There’s a motel at Katherine Landing. If we can get 10 rooms booked we get 25% off like last year. Use the code “Riley Group” when booking. You may need to do it over the phone.

LC925

Reaction score
There’s a motel at Katherine Landing. If we can get 10 rooms booked we get 25% off like last year. Use the code “Riley Group” when booking. You may need to do it over the phone.

Looking at the adjacent rooms with a kitchen. Are the “2 double” rooms actually 2 rooms with 2 beds each? I’ll find out tomorrow when I get a hold of them but maybe the brain trust here knows the answer. Talked another boat into it, just trying to coordinate rooms. If so hopefully that counts for 2 rooms towards the group.

2D1B075B-227F-4679-8F6B-3E6590C4C274.jpeg

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Looking at the adjacent rooms with a kitchen. Are the “2 double” rooms actually 2 rooms with 2 beds each? I’ll find out tomorrow when I get a hold of them but maybe the brain trust here knows the answer. Talked another boat into it, just trying to coordinate rooms. If so hopefully that counts for 2 rooms towards the group.

View attachment 1000827
I believe it’s one room with two beds and a kitchen. We have a bungalow reserved and that’s how it’s set up.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I’m gonna miss this one for sure. New boat won’t be ready. I sure miss these trips. They have always been fun!

Riverryder

Reaction score
I got my room a while ago. I can’t wait. Thought we were gonna do stops this time in coves? Since last year seemed like a race to the dam and back.

@Boat Bling ill Be there! Would love to pick your brain about your product.

Hallett285

Reaction score
Would like to do it again, however sold the boat and just have the skis now.

Maybe do it on the skis if we're out there at the house in Laughlin that weekend.

LC925

Reaction score
They can be hard to reach. They are only open like 9-4 and then they still don’t always answer.
Thanks. I’ll keep trying. Hoped there are still wide docks available.

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll keep trying. Hoped there are still wide docks available.
How long do you need? When I checked last week they were sold out of the 13x30 but still have 13x24. They also have 45’ end tie spots available still.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
Is there a post for short order In this thread? White t-shirts or ? I would like to add
1-2x
2-xl
2-l

Riley1

Reaction score
Is there a post for short order In this thread? White t-shirts or ? I would like to add
1-2x
2-xl
2-l
Danny, you have to put it in the shirt order thread. Link at the 1st post. 👍

Shirts are red this year.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
Danny, you have to put it in the shirt order thread. Link at the 1st post. 👍

Shirts are red this year.
🤓 thanks I missed it lol blame it on the allllllccchhoooohalllllllll

LC925

Reaction score
How long do you need? When I checked last week they were sold out of the 13x30 but still have 13x24. They also have 45’ end tie spots available still.
Was looking for a 30. Think it would be a big deal squeezing a 26 in a 24 spot?

edit: finally booked my room and a 13x24 slip as all others were book d. They had 10x25 available but figured what the heck, rather have the width. They said as long as I don’t hang out past 2’ I should be good... we’ll see 😬

Last edited:

Big Swiss

Reaction score
Hope everyone is well. I have done this run a couple times on my own in my last boat 21 Ultra. 2 failed attempts also from good ole mother nature blowing her winds. You know how Mojave can get. Going to try and make it in August. Ordering shirts now.

AHQVegas

Reaction score
We are in, Not sure how many people stopped for fuel but we did it using 1/4 tank preside "Twin Outboards" I know its cheating but we were running pretty hard a few times . and the water isnt that cold above willow ... @02HoWaRd26 ...🤣

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We are in, Not sure how many people stopped for fuel but we did it using 1/4 tank preside "Twin Outboards" I know its cheating but we were running pretty hard a few times . and the water isnt that cold above willow ... @02HoWaRd26 ...🤣
Fuck you polar bear, let’s see skinny mini jump in up there, her glass cutters will definitely tell you different. And stop bragging about your fuel mileage, dammit.

Riley1

Reaction score
1 week left to order shirts. See link to shirt thread in first post.

Riley1

Reaction score
Fallowed up with Katherines today. We currently have 9 rooms booked through Riley Group. Need just 1 more for a 25% Discount. Please let me know if you book a room so we can confirm discounts

Bails

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm on your room list, I booked a room.
Joe

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Have fun and post pics! Like I mentioned in the shirt thread this is a bucket list item for me, and I'll be trying it one of the days of the last week of July while I'm at Mohave.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Have fun and post pics! Like I mentioned in the shirt thread this is a bucket list item for me, and I'll be trying it one of the days of the last week of July while I'm at Mohave.

Which boat are you using?