WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Damn Dam Run!

Joker

Reaction score
While so many things are uncertain right now, one thing that is certain is that there will be a group of boating enthusiasts making a run from Davis Dam to the Hoover Dam on August 14 of 2021.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone from years past and also meeting new friends and boaters.
BBQ, Shirt, and lodging info to follow.
There’s light at the end of the tunnel. 👍🏻

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Getting on early start on this one. Good job Steve. So bummed we missed it last year. Hopefully we’ll make it this year.

Reactions: DWC

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm interested in tagging along ! Never done that run.
I'm sure it's been asked a million times, do people stop at Cottonwood or Willow for a re-fuel?
Or is this strictly a 'Big Boys Boat' run?

Ladsm

Reaction score
We did it for the first time last year, It was a blast. Looking forward to JeepDogs party this year

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Jeepdog+4
Party Friday night if it makes sense, I'm a little nervous being the 13th and shiat
If ya never been on a dam run and like to boat, it's the best non event of the year

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We will be there and @Racer89 will be there also. Looking forward to our favorite boating trip of the year!

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
I'm interested in tagging along ! Never done that run.
I'm sure it's been asked a million times, do people stop at Cottonwood or Willow for a re-fuel?
Or is this strictly a 'Big Boys Boat' run?
You can stop at either. Most fuel up at Willow.

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Interested..... Almost signed up last year but the dates didn't work.... Looks about 60 miles one way give or take... Is this a run up to Hover and back to Davis same day..???

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Its been 10 years since I have done this run. Each year I put it on the calendar, who knows... maybe this year can work out.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Interested..... Almost signed up last year but the dates didn't work.... Looks about 60 miles one way give or take... Is this a run up to Hover and back to Davis same day..???
We’ve done it the past two years, it’s a blast. We have passed Katherine’s both times and gone to Davis, just to say we truly did dam to dam. It’s an extra 1.5 mole each way.

Andy B.

Reaction score
With my new motor I should be able to keep up with some of you lol. If I'm not out of town working we're in it will be our first.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
I guess I'll be there...lol
wouldn't miss it. One of my favorite days of the year on the water.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Mr Johnson blew by me at a bout the 1:40 mark in the 2015 run.

Yeah . . . that's a bit out of my league to say the least.
I'd have to get a head start a couple hours before daylight . . . and I'd STILL get passed ! 😁
Looks like a BLAST though! 👍

Racer89

Reaction score
Already have our rooms and slip.
DAMN DAM 2020.jpg

Duramax

Reaction score
I think we are going to stay at Cottonwood. I don't think I want to take my 21 across Mohave.
It looks like roughly 50 miles (Google Earth) from Cottonwood to Willow. Willow has fuel, correct?
Then about another 18miles to Hoover, so roughly 68 miles from Cottonwood. Do those numbers sound about right?
What does everyone run speed wise? 40-70? Also, what do you think of my 21 Daytona going? Looks like a decent amount of small boats make it
so I'm sure it will be fine.
Can't wait!

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Thats about the same miles I got off Google as well... What is this pplace peoples are getting room reservations at?? Anyone have a link?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I think we are going to stay at Cottonwood. I don't think I want to take my 21 across Mohave.
It looks like roughly 50 miles (Google Earth) from Cottonwood to Willow. Willow has fuel, correct?
Then about another 18miles to Hoover, so roughly 68 miles from Cottonwood. Do those numbers sound about right?
What does everyone run speed wise? 40-70? Also, what do you think of my 21 Daytona going? Looks like a decent amount of small boats make it
Can't wait!
That's a good call to run out of Cottonwood fo the smaller rigs.
Using google earth, I came up with aprrox. 30 miles to Willow from Cottonwood, and then another 10 to the damn.
I'd really like to do this. . . . got me thinking now !

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Thats about the same miles I got off Google as well... What is this pplace peoples are getting room reservations at?? Anyone have a link?
The hotel at Katherine Landing is where we have a discount if we get at least 10 rooms reserved.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Don't let 17 miles determine you from damn to damn....if it gets bad you got 30 plus boats for help....17 × 2
Understood if you're from Vegas just logistics , if you're with the party at Katherine's to drive to cottonwood its 50 miles
21 ft boats have been doing this for at least 8 years that I know of.....have fun be safe

Riley1

Reaction score
Can't wait!
Quite a few people do the run from cottonwood, some drive there from Vegas and some from bullhead/Laughlin. Run starts out of Katherines at 9 and we all take a break and re-group outside the buoy line at cottonwood until we take off for Willow at 10. The run from Katherines is only 63 miles, from cottonwood it should be between 30-40.
plenty of 21’ and 22’ boats make the whole run, you should have no problem north of cottonwood.
Last year the pace was pretty fast, I typically like to run at 50 or so, but there are no “rules” for this non-event people can travel at whatever speed they like.

Duramax

Reaction score
Quite a few people do the run from cottonwood, some drive there from Vegas and some from bullhead/Laughlin. Run starts out of Katherines at 9 and we all take a break and re-group outside the buoy line at cottonwood until we take off for Willow at 10. The run from Katherines is only 63 miles, from cottonwood it should be between 30-40.
plenty of 21’ and 22’ boats make the whole run, you should have no problem north of cottonwood.
Last year the pace was pretty fast, I typically like to run at 50 or so, but there are no “rules” for this non-event people can travel at whatever speed they like.
Awesome, thank you for the info. I am in for whatever speed the group sets, 45 or 105, I am in. Cannot wait!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Question . . . once everyone gets all the way up there . . . does the group hang-out, float, swim, etc. ?
Or is it a quick turn-around?
Thanks in advance. 🙏

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m going to try to her ahead of everyone this year and make more stops. If I can stay ahead it makes for better pictures and videos. I’ve run it wot there and back before, which is fun, but I think making more stops and cooling off in the water works be free for my crew.

Riley1

Reaction score
Question . . . once everyone gets all the way up there . . . does the group hang-out, float, swim, etc. ?
Or is it a quick turn-around?
Thanks in advance. 🙏
Last year about half the group stopped at a beach just south of the dam. This summer before the run I plan to try and find a few beaches further south in warmer water that can accommodate the whole group.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Last year about half the group stopped at a beach just south of the dam. This summer before the run I plan to try and find a few beaches further south in warmer water that can accommodate the whole group.
The stop are great . Good time to cool down
And enjoy the water

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
This is not a thread jack post just informational accommodation option if some are traveling and want more than a hotel. We have this https://abnb.me/NUrGkGBg0cb available, not just for dam run. Very close to Lake Mohave, upper Colorado River, and Laughlin.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Nice ! I know logistics can be super challenging ... if I go I'll help out anyway I can. 🙏