WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Dodger baseball thread!!!!!!!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Winding down Spring Training with the start of the Freeway Series tonight. Be interesting to see what the Angels got....they've putting up some runs in Spring Training.
Now.....will them Doyers repeat??? Lol....the squad looks to be built to still. Looking pretty solid. To me, the only thing in question will be the closer role. We'll see what happens. I'm still not feeling Kenley. Should be a fun season to watch now with the Padres beefed up in the West. I still think we have the edge. Soooooooooo....let's get on with this....Let's gooooooooooo Dooooodgeeeerrrrsss!!!!!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Lucky for me God gave me the politics excuse. I don’t watch mlb anymore [emoji23][emoji23]

It is really sad what used to be a get away from all the BS. Is now all the BS.
Meaning most sports in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
I cut the "Cord" three years ago.....Yes, I pay for $30 for internet but not for any of the sports channels. You can watch most games (all sports) on sportsurge.net. I'll never attend a live game or pay for a service channel to watch sports again. Angel / Doyer game is on right now.

KevinR

Reaction score
Let’s Go Doyers!

I’m a bit concerned about Kershaw and Buehler getting lit up their last start. Need to start off with a good win streak!

KevinR

Reaction score
Not so much faith in me for Kenley. I’ll wait on judgement till late in the season.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Not so much faith in me for Kenley. I’ll wait on judgement till late in the season.
I agree....I have a feeling the Doyers will be shopping for a closer near the All Star break.

badgas

Reaction score
Go Dodgers !!

It will be fun to see if the Padres become a true rival. It will make the west a LOT more fun and will push both teams. SD looks very good on paper but paper is paper. As Dodger fans we know all too well that what you are "supposed" to do does not mean anything.

As for Anaheim, who cares ? An Amercian leauge 2nd fiddle franchise that wears pajamas for uniforms and fisnishes 20+ back every year. Their entire season is the FWY sereies and that is what they live for. Best player in MLB, blah blah blah 20+ back every year.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I hope the 2 tickets for $99 deal through the coupon at 76 gas stations returns.
Every time we do this the seat locations are fantastic, surrounded by solid, dedicated fans.
Then $10 for parking.
It's always worked out good for us.

BTW, no limit.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have drinks a few times a month with a couple retired MLB players.

Yesterday they were talking about the far-reaching effects that losing an endorsement deal goes.
It could effect 50 to 100 people, not just the player. Especially not from something they did, but someone else in the deal that screws up and everyone gets canceled.

One of my MLB friends was with 2 other endorsing ball players walked into KFC in a good paying endorsement commercial. Then in an off field incident one of them gets busted with blow - everyone gets the ax. $$$ cut off.
A real eye opener from their experiences.

Ball players always have stories. Part of the character of the game.

Charlie 'O used to insist minor league teams practice with repaired baseballs. Even duct taped.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Barf...................lol

Just wanted to post here so HS knows I am still alive.

F THE LADS

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Barf...................lol

Just wanted to post here so HS knows I am still alive.

F THE LADS
If you haven't been watching MLB...you ain't missing much, cuz the Giants still suck. 😉😂😂😂😂

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Bauers breaking slider like none other I've ever seen. Science fiction.
Roberts left him in Fridays game because he has a rep for not tiring and was on the verge of a no hitter.
Well,,,, that reputation is shattered,, along with the no hitter.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Tough to pull that off in Colorado....I didn't catch the end of that game. Looks like Kersh blew the opener. Lots of base hits in this series. Need some bombs and Urias to do his thing today and take the first series of the year. Let gooo Doyyyeerrsss...😁

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I would love to watch a good Baseball or Football game again but if they throw their support to the black KKK (BLM) I'm out.
Word is (and I still hear first hand) , that security has been told no mask wearing by fans will be a couple warnings to put it on , then expulsion from the game.
That should be fun to watch

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Urias was flat out lights out. Wow.

On to Oakland. Will be a tough series.
The Bums are still rough around the edges.
Muncie way outta shape on the base path.
Going to be a good season.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Word is (and I still hear first hand) , that security has been told no mask wearing by fans will be a couple warnings to put it on , then expulsion from the game.
It's zero tolerance in the parking lot.
People don't want to park where the attendants guide them - then it's immediate 86'd if they balk.
Tow truck and a motor unit on the spot within the minute and parking traffic keeps flowing with a minor disruption.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I held Club Section Season tickets for years. Excellent parking and access to the stadium club.
Dodgers held the seats next to me for guests comps.
Sports Reporters from the same level nearby press boxes would approach and ask some of the more famous guests questions.

Leo Durocher sat next to me once.
I overheard him tell a reporter teammate Babe Ruth told him he was the "All American Out."

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Padres and dodgers tied at 3-1 after the first series. The games have been great so far.

badgas

Reaction score

I have enjoyed going to Dodger games my entire life. I would NEVER EVER sit thru a baseball game with a face daiper on even if it were game 7 of the world series.

I guess I could just never stop eating and then I would not need it on ?

KevinR

Reaction score
How bout Big Red last night? Nasty!

Need Kershaw to redeem his opening day performance tonight!

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Heeeeere we gooooo suckkkaas!!!
2 best teams in baseball starting a weekend series.....All I know is them Doyers been looking good. Should be a good one folks.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hoots....wish I could fuck with ya in here but I have turned it off. I do respect your fandom though.

F the LADs and MLB....LADs first though :)