WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Escalade

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The 2021 Escalade showcases Cadillac’s OLED, the industry’s first curved OLED with more than 38" of total diagonal display. This one-of-a-kind customizable display has twice the pixel density of a 4K TV.

im-152143

707dog

Reaction score
like the floor shifter but looks expensive 😁

TOBTEK

Reaction score
They LOOK amazing. Wife and F.I.L have been watching and waiting for a long time for the new Laid.
I personally wouldn’t touch Any new GM for at least two years of production to work out some of the issues. The last THREE EscalPiles we had were all Lemon Law’d. Two 2016’s and a 2017.
With all this new tech, I wouldn’t pay 100k to be GM Bata testing Guinea pig !
Been there, done that.

The new interior does look very nice. Maybe they have finally figured out how to secure the carpet after all these years. And keep the dash illuminated as you drive. The rear IRS is long over due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
what did they totally steal the whole BMW center console, and ripped of the Benz S class dash?? I only hope it works half as well as the idive setup, it does look great though!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I sense a ton of TSB's and pissed off people when the shit doesn't work and I'm a GM guy.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Unbelievable, I love it [emoji106]

But yeah, I’d be afraid of being a year 1 beta tester.

I’ll shop 3rd-year of production CPO models [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cdog

Reaction score
Finally! Looks awesome! I just read a document on the 2021 3/4 -1 ton trucks saying they're stick with the same shit as 2020 and same power rating. Christ they are fugly!!
I thought I could deal with the interior provided they upped the power to match Ford but now I'm loosing interest.

I'm not thrilled with the push button drive select I have seen in some designs for the SUV's. They already have those stereo controls on the back of the steering wheel. Just make them paddle shifters.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
we test drove a 20 escalade platinum with all the suede, etc... it was nice but it still said "I'm just a GM..."

It'll be interesting to see how the 21 stacks up against the navigator, etc... wonder how that lm2 diesel is gonna do real world vs the 6.2 v8. Only 277 hp compared to 400 and a similar tq. Why even bother? mpg only?

TOBTEK

Reaction score
we test drove a 20 escalade platinum with all the suede, etc... it was nice but it still said "I'm just a GM..."

It'll be interesting to see how the 21 stacks up against the navigator, etc... wonder how that lm2 diesel is gonna do real world vs the 6.2 v8. Only 277 hp compared to 400 and a similar tq. Why even bother? mpg only?

a lot of people including myself became disenchanted with the current Escalpile. With their "new" ultra stiff frame, Rock hard seats and head rest. Paper thin sheet metal body and flexing roof sheet metal, and Ultra low profile tires. The ride quality went out the widow... the days of "rides like a Caddy" were gone. This LONG over due IRS in the back should help the ride. I spent WAY too much time driving around with GM engineers with Pico scopes trying to resolve the sound and vibration issues. I heard from the GM engineers on more then one occasion that GM was trying to make the Escalade like a Euro SUV, wanted to make it more sporty/better handling, Etc. Made it a Sherman Tank is all they did. I told them, If that's the case. Have an OPTIONAL SPORT Pkg like BMW offers. Not everyone wants their daily to drive like a Lambo!
Have to honestly say that the Platinum Expedition I bought her is WAY more comfortable then the three current bodied GM SUV's that we had Lemon Law'd. The Laid's look cool, but how cool do you look in the dealers loaner car as your new 100K laid is Back at the dealers service dept??

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
The Laid's look cool, but how cool do you look in the dealers loaner car as your new 100K laid is Back at the dealers service dept??

the escalade is gonna be in the shop WAY less than any ford ecoboost junk motor and transmission. im done with ford gas engines. not to mention dismal real world mpg . only thing they have right now worth a damn is the coyote and that took years even to get right.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Unbelievable, I love it [emoji106]

But yeah, I’d be afraid of being a year 1 beta tester.

I’ll shop 3rd-year of production CPO models [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^^^ THIS is exactly what I told the Misses. "IF" they nail it this time, which I'm very doubtful. We can pick up a off lease CPO next time around. They sell for about 50% of the MSRP in 36 mo's. Getting tired of the giant price tags of these SUV's. Rather spent the money on Sand toys :)

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It's really too bad that GM puts the same crappy interior in the high end Denali and High Country pickups, they should be using the Yukon/Suburban interior in those trim packages for what they are charging for them.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I think the new exterior styling is a big mistake...

Taboma

Reaction score
It's really too bad that GM puts the same crappy interior in the high end Denali and High Country pickups, they should be using the Yukon/Suburban interior in those trim packages for what they are charging for them.

That's certainly true, especially noticeable with the comfort level of the seats. Jumping from a Yukon Denali to a Sierra Denali was a true WTF moment.
The Yukon seats being extremely comfortable and the Sierra seats being hard as rocks. I even mentioned it to the GM sales rep "Q & A" gal wandering about. I'm sure you can imagine the blank stare response that told me " I really don't know shit, I'm just here to look sexy" 😁