WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 King of The Hammers

NoOtherWay

Reaction score
T- minus 30 days ( Jan 28-Feb 6) Who’s going?!

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Not going, but One of My IBEW #1245 Union brothers Marcos Gomez from GBR almost won KOH last year Taking 2nd. His other brothers Raul took 6th place and JP placed 20 something? I think his nephew placed in UTV,
A month ago they had a pile of 40” Nitto Tires delivered to their Mountain Enterprises Yard that I swear looked like it would fill an entire house.
Good luck boys.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Let’s than 2 weeks till we’re there. Anyone else going this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Was thinking of taking my boys out there for a day trip. If so, I'd be in my crew cab 4x4.

I'm assuming you can walk freely through the pits and I'm guessing a few of the big obstacles are not too hard to get too in a Crew Cab 4x4?

hawgty55

Reaction score
Was thinking of taking my boys out there for a day trip. If so, I'd be in my crew cab 4x4.

I'm assuming you can walk freely through the pits and I'm guessing a few of the big obstacles are not too hard to get too in a Crew Cab 4x4?
No on the pits. Its pretty segregated as far as where people camp and where the big race camps are. And as 4x4 you can go darn near to any of the spectator areas in 2wd.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score

You will be fine you probably won’t even need to throw it in 4 wheel drive

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Possibly in 2022 we should do a get together there. I have been interested for a few years now but know nothing about where and how. I would love to take the RV down and then roll the truck out to the action. My 5 yr old would love it, My inner 5 yr old would also.........

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about going. But the rules and restrictions they have listed on the website are kind of hard to understand. Not sure how restrictive they will be for spectators. I’ve been so many times I could care less about going into Hammertown, but not sure how they will enforce Covid regulations out in the desert. Might just skip this year.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I know someone that is racing and they have already said big sponsors have pulled out that it’s going to be a shit show this time around and that some of the big names that usually come out will not be there this year

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about going. But the rules and restrictions they have listed on the website are kind of hard to understand. Not sure how restrictive they will be for spectators. I’ve been so many times I could care less about going into Hammertown, but not sure how they will enforce Covid regulations out in the desert. Might just skip this year.

From what I’ve been reading on Race-Dezert you only need a negative covid test to get through the hammertown gates. All that is required at the front gate in Boone road is a temp check. I’m not sure I’ll venture into hammertown but I paid the 30$ for the at hone test so I’ll get a wrist band all week. We’re staying across the highway so if it’s a s show I’ll just enjoy the thousands of other trails not being used by Koh for racing.

I’d be interested in a big group outing in 2022

SOD

Reaction score
From what I’ve been reading on Race-Dezert you only need a negative covid test to get through the hammertown gates. All that is required at the front gate in Boone road is a temp check. I’m not sure I’ll venture into hammertown but I paid the 30$ for the at hone test so I’ll get a wrist band all week. We’re staying across the highway so if it’s a s show I’ll just enjoy the thousands of other trails not being used by Koh for racing.

I’d be interested in a big group outing in 2022

How did you get the $30 at home test? I haven't been able to find it on the ticket menu. Maybe I waited too long.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
How did you get the $30 at home test? I haven't been able to find it on the ticket menu. Maybe I waited too long.

I ordered mine about a week ago and then I saw I was right before the at hone cut off date. The press release on ultra 4 website says you can get them at the lake bed if you want to get into the fenced hammertown.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Me and three buddies are going. I have not, nor have my buddies ever been. We will be taking my motorhome along with my buddie's 69 blazer. We all plan on getting tests so that we are good to go wherever I hope. I am heading up Wednesday and coming back Saturday. Just plan on camping off Boone wherever we can find space.

SOD

Reaction score
I ordered mine about a week ago and then I saw I was right before the at hone cut off date. The press release on ultra 4 website says you can get them at the lake bed if you want to get into the fenced hammertown.

Procrastinated too long. I'll just do the one there. Thanks

chvynhra

Reaction score
Does anyone have a qualifying map for the trophy trucks on Sat?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Take a neg cv test from anyone. Photoshop it.
The results are not on a specific form. They all look different

mobldj

Reaction score
Take a neg cv test from anyone. Photoshop it.
The results are not on a specific form. They all look different
really,and if you are positive you spread that shit everywhere.lame

riverroyal

Reaction score
I'm not saying I would do it, there are more people in close contact in glamis, ocotillo, havasu, on and on. I'm pretty sure KOH will not be the super spreader event

Reactions: DWC

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Going Wed to Sunday. You can take the test there, I won't go into Hammer town. The main race is on Saturday this year.

riverroyal

Reaction score
you can rapid test there but if you go somewhere on your own it cost $175? Are they charging for these test at the event?

duck660

Reaction score
KOH got to big, to fast. Became more restrictive following the MDR mishap in 2010. .... then throw in the COVID BS. Stay away from Hammertown and major spectator areas. There are some good remote sights to observe, depending on course layout.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Do the trophy trucks run the rock climb sections like the buggies, or do they have two separate courses? Well.. answered that one myself by simply watching. Now I get whey this thing is all week long 😂

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Wife and I are interested in going next year as well, so if a group gets together please post up. A lot going on in our lives right now so checking in here is spotty. We would pull toy hauler to camp then take off in the RZR to go see the sights. If the vendors etc are in Hammertown why avoid it? Crowds or what? We don't want to camp in the epicenter of crazy, if someone has some property down there would be interested in that option as well.
We could spend 7 days or so if warranted.
This could be a lot of fun.