WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 LONG BEACH SPRINT BOAT NATIONALS!!

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I will be there Friday afternoon putting up banners and stuff then there almost all weekend.... I will bring stickers and shirts, the shirts go fast so if you see me ask!
So I should come get my T-shirt today🤷🏻‍♂️Lol

AZLineman

Reaction score
What time does the street party dealio start? Legends correct?

caribbean20

Reaction score
Let’s get a roll call. C-20 in attendance in the beer tent, front row.

Pattle

Reaction score
We’re at the beer garden front row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZLineman

Reaction score

Pattle

Reaction score

We left around 2:30, so depending on when you filmed that we may already have been gone, but if not we are somewhere in the background behind the lady with the black top on.

Was a fun day, but needed to get back home and let the dogs out of the house. Too many hours alone and who knows what might happen.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If anyone is coming tomorrow...

In order to get into the pits you need closed toed shoes. The pits start at the launch ramp....so you can't come in the gate near the pits if you're wearing flip flops.

A few folks who got good parking right near the pit gate had to schlep all their shit 1/2 mile down the road to the other entrance, and then all the way back up to get to their spot on the beach.

Show up in a set of shoes to get in at pit gate, then switch to flip flops once you get to your spot. Pretty good turnout, today was fun, tomorrow will be fun.

We didn't break the #11 boat yet...so I'm having a good time.

ScottyP363

Reaction score
If anyone is coming tomorrow...

In order to get into the pits you need closed toed shoes. The pits start at the launch ramp....so you can't come in the gate near the pits if you're wearing flip flops.

A few folks who got good parking right near the pit gate had to schlep all their shit 1/2 mile down the road to the other entrance, and then all the way back up to get to their spot on the beach.

Show up in a set of shoes to get in at pit gate, then switch to flip flops once you get to your spot. Pretty good turnout, today was fun, tomorrow will be fun.

We didn't break the #11 boat yet...so I'm having a good time.
Boat looked good out there, Pat!!

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Boat looked good out there, Pat!!
Thanks!

….and it still runs, that’s the best part.

We’ll be back next year with a bit more fine tuning (we were running the ski prop) if Ross can pull it off…which might be a good trick after what happened yesterday.

SOD

Reaction score
We’ll be back next year with a bit more fine tuning (we were running the ski prop) if Ross can pull it off…which might be a good trick after what happened yesterday.

Just read an article in the OC Register that said the city manager is the one who shut the event down yesterday, and the council lady for that area said somehing along the lines of "we need to reevaluate if this function is appropriate for the venue". Ross has his work cut out again.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Just read an article in the OC Register that said the city manager is the one who shut the event down yesterday, and the council lady for that area said somehing along the lines of "we need to reevaluate if this function is appropriate for the venue". Ross has his work cut out again.
Yeah, he's a piece of shit just like our mayor...the councilwoman for that district has historically been a problem as well.....that's a topic for another thread though.

DUN

Reaction score

It's upsetting for multiple reasons, for sure.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Thanks!

….and it still runs, that’s the best part.

Had no idea you were racing. Looked good. John Soares blew my mind. There was no boat in the water, he was running on just the engine it seemed.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Had no idea you were racing. Looked good. John Soares blew my mind. There was no boat in the water, he was running on just the engine it seemed.

I was the “team owner” and crew….I bribed my driver with beer to get behind the wheel. He’s been at it since the ‘80s.

Soares knows his boat very well…it took him one heat to figure out what my boat can’t do and adjust to make his boat do what mine couldn’t.

We’ll try and fix that next year…we were running the same prop I ski with…I think the boat has more in it, just gotta find it.