WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 LONG BEACH SPRINT BOAT NATIONALS!!

Zeke27G

Reaction score
Can't even begin to tell you how stoked I am to see boat racing return to my backyard at THE BEACH! šŸ–

LET'S GO RACING!! šŸ

LongBeachSprintBoatNats2021.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We will be there to watch the race action.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Is there any RV places to stay and watch from?

Reaction score
That's all we need, LB MotoRats roaming the pits...

Hey Zeke, Wear a CZ jersey so you'll stick out šŸ¤£

I should be there.

SS60, All Fired up Racing.

We were supposed to be in Burley, but just couldnt over come part shortages in time.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
We need to all meet up somewhere for beers

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
i haven't been to a race there in decades and would like to cruise w/ my Pops.
How early would you guys recommend us getting there to hopefully avoid walking several blocks if possible ??? šŸ™

lbhsbz

Reaction score
i haven't been to a race there in decades and would like to cruise w/ my Pops.
How early would you guys recommend us getting there to hopefully avoid walking several blocks if possible ??? šŸ™

Even at 7AM, youā€™re walking. Weā€™re setting up a spot on the beach on Fridayā€¦not sure where yet, but bring a chairā€¦all are welcome to our shade. Will post location on Friday

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Even at 7AM, youā€™re walking. Weā€™re setting up a spot on the beach on Fridayā€¦not sure where yet, but bring a chairā€¦all are welcome to our shade. Will post location on Friday
Cool, thanks for the heads-up. My Pops is in good shape, but double knee replacement so I wanted to limit his mileage, LOL.
Might have to Uber it or something, we're in HB so not too bad.
Thanks again , hope to see you there. šŸ™

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the heads-up. My Pops is in good shape, but double knee replacement so I wanted to limit his mileage, LOL.
Drop him off at the gate by the bridge/pits, then you go find a place to park. Thatā€™s what I do with the wife and kid, not because they have trouble but because I donā€™t wanna listen to it.

wzuber

Reaction score
If your early risers you can pay to ($25.00 +/-) to park inside the event. You will want to get in line by 5:30- 6am. Gates open @ 7am I believe. If early enough, first-ish in line you can park on the front row and watch races from your vehicle if you like. You can set up chairs, ez up etc. On the sidewalk @ your car. You can also bring your own food/bevs etc. To enjoy and save $. Note: put beers etc. Under top layer of water/soda etc. In case they check ice chests. Might bring some cups too for further concealment. Officials do walk around looking for stuff so best to be incognito.

sintax

Reaction score
If your early risers you can pay to ($25.00 +/-) to park inside the event. You will want to get in line by 5:30- 6am. Gates open @ 7am I believe. If early enough, first-ish in line you can park on the front row and watch races from your vehicle if you like. You can set up chairs, ez up etc. On the sidewalk @ your car. You can also bring your own food/bevs etc. To enjoy and save $. Note: put beers etc. Under top layer of water/soda etc. In case they check ice chests. Might bring some cups too for further concealment. Officials do walk around looking for stuff so best to be incognito.

Ya, you need cups for sure.

If you leave the ice chest out of sight you should be ok from the decoy beverages. I usually leave my ice chest in the cab or trunk if I take my car.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic šŸ˜¢šŸš¤
Reaction score
Couple years back, well the last race there, we did the drive in and it worked great. Are they going to have the same set-up with the gate to get in way down on the closed end, pit side???

oldschool

Reaction score
Couple years back, well the last race there, we did the drive in and it worked great. Are they going to have the same set-up with the gate to get in way down on the closed end, pit side???
I hope so, Iā€™m going with my Dad whoā€™s 85 and has a bit of a hitch in his getalong. He hasnā€™t been to the Long Beach race in 40 years.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic šŸ˜¢šŸš¤
Reaction score
I hope so, Iā€™m going with my Dad whoā€™s 85 and has a bit of a hitch in his getalong. He hasnā€™t been to the Long Beach race in 40 years.
Wish my Dad was with us as he wouldn't miss a boat race in SoCal in the late 50's and all through the 60's. Passed at fricken 59 years old. We had a Patterson flatty he put together in the early 60's. Wish I could find it. I tagged along to many a boat race with him when I was a little guy.

oldschool

Reaction score
Wish my Dad was with us as he wouldn't miss a boat race in SoCal in the late 50's and all through the 60's. Passed at fricken 59 years old. We had a Patterson flatty he put together in the early 60's. Wish I could find it. I tagged along to many a boat race with him when I was a little guy.
He never did back in those days either. Great to get him back there. He still has his 63 Hallett flat(one of the first boats Nick Barron built) with a Holman Moody med riser 427. My Mom bought it for him for his birthday back in the Stone Age.
E48EA070-F1E4-4296-88E7-AD2B92D7A2D2.jpeg

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Iā€™m going to try and make it out on Sunday, but Iā€™ve never been there. Iā€™m assuming you go into the gate at the top end of the bay, the address listed. Assuming that parking lot gets full, do you just park in the local neighborhood or is there another parking lot we should park in?
Where are the pits at? And I assume, we pack in on the beach to watch?
Just tying to plan on how to pack and prepare myself to deal with crowds. šŸ˜
1627865965747.png

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Iā€™m going to try and make it out on Sunday, but Iā€™ve never been there. Iā€™m assuming you go into the gate at the top end of the bay, the address listed. Assuming that parking lot gets full, do you just park in the local neighborhood or is there another parking lot we should park in?
Where are the pits at? And I assume, we pack in on the beach to watch?
Just tying to plan on how to pack and prepare myself to deal with crowds. šŸ˜
View attachment 1032612
You can enter either at your orange dot or down near the pits right before the bridge. The parking lot will be full unless you get there real early. I usually park in the neighborhood or on Appian and take a nice walk. We have a wagon with all our shit in it typically.

Pattle

Reaction score
The wife and I are looking forward to this. We had a great time at the last one.

rivergames

Reaction score
These are our mini pits circled in red. Its' fun cramming a bunch of race boats in there o_O šŸ˜¬

This race is going to be HUGE this year. Lot's of fast boats coming out and tons of fans spectating.

1627865965747.png

timstoy

Reaction score
We will be there supporting Heath and Kaylee GN369 and GN18. Itā€™s our hometown race and we always have a great time with family and friends! Please come down to the pits and talk to the drivers and crew. It should be a great time, I canā€™t wait!

RaceTec

Reaction score
I will be there Friday afternoon putting up banners and stuff then there almost all weekend.... I will bring stickers and shirts, the shirts go fast so if you see me ask!

DUN

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea on the number of K's that'll be there?

cakemoto

Reaction score
We will have an ez up down there Friday. I will have cold ones too

AZLineman

Reaction score
Iā€™m going to recon the area on a scooter today. Is anyone here yet today or tomorrow to drink some beer?

AZLineman

Reaction score
Iā€™m going to recon the area on a scooter today. Is anyone here yet today or tomorrow to drink some beer?
Two beers with breakfast and Iā€™m ready to hit the thumb throttle

AZLineman

Reaction score
Proof. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3355.MOV
    7.8 MB

lbhsbz

Reaction score
EFI Bridgeport

Yeahā€¦theyā€™re trying to keep it in the 80mph range, since the class originally ran 2.0Lsā€¦.us broke fucks canā€™t keep up with the big boy motors.

ScottyP363

Reaction score
Yeahā€¦theyā€™re trying to keep it in the 80mph range, since the class originally ran 2.0Lsā€¦.us broke fucks canā€™t keep up with the big boy motors.
I didn't realize a Bridgeport was a big boy motor LOL Do you still have the Lavey I sold you?