WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals

Tom Slick

Reaction score
If any of you gear heads are looking for some entertainment on the boob tube tonight, tune into MAVTV at 8:30 PM Eastern. This is an indoor Midget Car race in Tulsa, OK featuring drivers like Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu and many more. They have been racing since Monday working there way to tonight's feature event. The racing's wild and very entertaining. Check it out!

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
I thought it wasn’t going to be televised this year? Just a web version. Or maybe it was just the shootout I’m thinking of.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I thought it wasn’t going to be televised this year? Just a web version. Or maybe it was just the shootout I’m thinking of.
The Chili Bowl has been broadcast Live all week long on www.floracing.com in fact I'm watching as I type this. The final feature events will be on Live tonight on MAVTV. I believe the Tulsa Shootout will be broadcast on MAVTV tonight before the Chili Bowl.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Son lives by the fairgrounds in Tulsa where the bowl is held. He ran into Rico at dinner last night, looks a lot different with the long hair. 👍
Great racer.

playdeep

Reaction score
Larson did what Larson does...2 in a row.
Shit was about to get real til the curb(cushion) bit Christopher Bell.
That was a nasty flip.
Anyone that loves racing owes it to themselves to do the Chili bowl.
It's an amazing experience...

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The main event was getting good at the end of the race. If C Bell hadn't crashed, I think he would have won on the lat lap.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Made the trek to the Chili Bowl about 12 or so years ago when I was running midgets. Race is nuts to say the least. Last time I'll visit Tulsa, what a fuckin shit hole place.

rrrr

Reaction score
Larson is at another level than everyone else on dirt. He shredded the competition throughout 2020.

I crewed at the Chili Bowl for years for RFMS Racing. It's unlike any other race you'll ever see.

playdeep

Reaction score
Larson is at another level than everyone else on dirt. He shredded the competition throughout 2020.

I crewed at the Chili Bowl for years for RFMS Racing. It's unlike any other race you'll ever see.

Few weeks ago we're in Az for the Copper Classic. 2 day show...60 or so winged sprints,absolutely stacked field.
Larson won both nights.
Watched both features from the infield in turn 1&2.
He was driving in 2/3 car lengths deeper than everyone else.Corner speed was amazing.He was using the wall to turn the car.
Rico hung a slider on him from the 2nd row on a restart.
Larson threw a slider from the next county to retake the lead...
Insanely fun stuff.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Need to give a nod to Tanner Thorson, as he came from 11th to 3rd in the A-Main. His week started out rough when he flipped in his heat earlier in the week and had to work through that nights alphabet soup to come from 20th to 4th in the feature, which gave him a 4th place starting spot in last nights B-Main, which he won.

rrrr

Reaction score
Corner speed was amazing.He was using the wall to turn the car.

Rico hung a slider on him from the 2nd row on a restart.
Larson threw a slider from the next county to retake the lead...
Insanely fun stuff.

Kyle uses the cushion better than any dirt driver in modern times. Same thing in NASCAR, he hugs the wall like it's a rail he's attached to.

I think his driving style has been validated by the fact that now Cup drivers routinely run there. Kyle has made that lane work in a way it never had before.

When almost all of the drivers in the most widely watched professional series in the US copy the racing line of a single individual, you know he's one of a kind. He has also influenced the setup and gearing by the crew chiefs of those cars. I'm eagerly looking forward to the marriage of Larson and Hendrick Motorsports.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Kyle uses the cushion better than any dirt driver in modern times. Same thing in NASCAR, he hugs the wall like it's a rail he's attached to.

I think his driving style has been validated by the fact that now Cup drivers routinely run there. Kyle has made that lane work in a way it never had before.

When almost all of the drivers in the most widely watched professional series in the US copy the racing line of a single individual, you know he's one of a kind. He has also influenced the setup and gearing by the crew chiefs of those cars. I'm eagerly looking forward to the marriage of Larson and Hendrick Motorsports.
It is incredible his awareness of the wall. Heck, I sometimes struggle with it on iracing, let alone real life...haha!