WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
My strategy right now is hyper growth. I’m taking a little more risk than I would like but I’m trying to get an established amount to invest. I have around 5k in the market and my goal is to double it over the year. Once I have what I consider enough I’ll invest more long term. The spacs I’m in currently I’d say are long term. I don’t mind posting my Robinhood portfolio. It’s not doing well but I’m not too worried yet. I don’t think my SoFi or webull portfolios are doing great either but those are more long term and I don’t even look daily. Most the ones on my watch list I have positions in SoFi or webull. For some reason I just really like using Robin Hood. If I should post these pics let me know, I’m just trying to learn as much as I can. View attachment 978742 View attachment 978743 View attachment 978744 View attachment 978745 View attachment 978746
your phone is going to die.

Xring01

Reaction score
My strategy right now is hyper growth. I’m taking a little more risk than I would like but I’m trying to get an established amount to invest. I have around 5k in the market and my goal is to double it over the year. Once I have what I consider enough I’ll invest more long term. The spacs I’m in currently I’d say are long term. I don’t mind posting my Robinhood portfolio. It’s not doing well but I’m not too worried yet. I don’t think my SoFi or webull portfolios are doing great either but those are more long term and I don’t even look daily. Most the ones on my watch list I have positions in SoFi or webull. For some reason I just really like using Robin Hood. If I should post these pics let me know, I’m just trying to learn as much as I can. View attachment 978742 View attachment 978743 View attachment 978744 View attachment 978745 View attachment 978746
Dude
$5000 spread out into how many investments?...
We need to talkabout your strategy...

On this thread,I would recommend that if you share a trade idea with the group.. then classify it as an investment, spec, swing, or a trade...

Because if a novice, reads this, mistakes a spec, as an investment, then they can lose money...

I do my best to list what my swing trades are, why I am risking my $$$, what my entry is, what my stop is, and my profit targets...literally my trade plan.

I never tell you guys my daytrades in advance, because thats impossible for the most part, because thats all about the price action, MACD, volume, vwap indicators that happen when they happen or they may not happen that day.

Anyway, I share my thoughts on high chance of success, based on analysis, lately I have been wrong, but who can predict whipsaw markets since Biden took over. Which is why I havent held anything overnight the last few days...until the market volitily comes down from Mars.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Dude

On this thread,I would recommend that if you share a trade idea with the group.. then classify it as an investment, spec, swing, or a trade...

Because if a novice, reads this, mistakes a spec, as an investment, then they can lose money...

I do my best to list what my swing trades are, why I am risking my $$$, what my entry is, what my stop is, and my profit targets...literally my trade plan.

I never tell you guys my daytrades in advance, because thats impossible for the most part, because thats all about the price action, MACD, volume, vwap indicators that happen when they happen or they may not happen that day.

Anyway, I share my thoughts on high chance of success, based on analysis, lately I have been wrong, but who can predict whipsaw markets since Biden took over. Which is why I havent held anything overnight the last few days...until the market volitily comes down from Mars.
5k probably around 15 stocks. I’d say all of them would be investments. I believe everyone of those companies will do well including amc. Some I’ll hold long. Cciv nio stpk clov cpsh 5 years plus maybe? Ayro trxc sftw ipoe Ghiv bngo mvis at least a year or two. Sens cxtr crnt vyne those I’m going to watch close, I guess could potentially be swing trades. Sens earning report wasn’t the beat but I’m not ready to cut it loose yet. There’s no stock I own that Ive thought I wish I wouldn’t have bought that.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
5k probably around 15 stocks. I’d say all of them would be investments. I believe everyone of those companies will do well including amc. Some I’ll hold long. Cciv nio stpk clov cpsh 5 years plus maybe? Ayro trxc sftw ipoe Ghiv bngo mvis at least a year or two. Sens cxtr crnt vyne those I’m going to watch close, I guess could potentially be swing trades. Sens earning report wasn’t the beat but I’m not ready to cut it loose yet. There’s no stock I own that Ive thought I wish I wouldn’t have bought that.

vic.....only concern yourself with % regardless

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
vic.....only concern yourself with % regardless
That’s a tough one. If I stuck to percent I would have sold everything already. Right now I’m going with research I’ve done and whether or not anything has a changed. If I believed in these companies enough to buy at the top and nothings changed I don’t think I should lose faith yet. That’s why I said I’ve reached my comfort level. If my portfolios go to zero it’s ok. I have targets set at where I plan to take profits or sell but I’m kind of letting them run as far as what percent loss I’ll tolerate. The nasdaq is down 9ish percent. I’m hoping for a v shape recovery and to be sitting pretty in a few months. If I’m wrong we’ll I guess I’ll be working more over time 😂😂 honestly I’m learning, and I’m having fun. I really appreciate all the advice and don’t think I’m not reading and listening. I promise I am

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This whole correction has taught me a lot. Theres almost an annual correction. Now that I know that I will be a lot more careful. Honestly I should have just been watching the last two months. I’m impatient, that’s my bad. I had no idea we were already on a very bullish run. I didn’t know anything about the market, other than people were making money and I wanted a piece. Had I have been patient I could have picked up all these stocks at the bottom, instead of trying to average down. 5k dollar learning experience isn’t the worst thing in life. But I don’t think I’ll lose 5k. I’m still pretty young imo so even if I decide to let somebody else handle my investments from here on out at least I know a little about how it works now. It’s got me way more involved in my 401k and annuity so it’s been good.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That’s a tough one. If I stuck to percent I would have sold everything already. Right now I’m going with research I’ve done and whether or not anything has a changed. If I believed in these companies enough to buy at the top and nothings changed I don’t think I should lose faith yet. That’s why I said I’ve reached my comfort level. If my portfolios go to zero it’s ok. I have targets set at where I plan to take profits or sell but I’m kind of letting them run as far as what percent loss I’ll tolerate. The nasdaq is down 9ish percent. I’m hoping for a v shape recovery and to be sitting pretty in a few months. If I’m wrong we’ll I guess I’ll be working more over time 😂😂 honestly I’m learning, and I’m having fun. I really appreciate all the advice and don’t think I’m not reading and listening. I promise I am

% is what is the most important thing. Doesnt matter how much someone has in the market. Never forget that.

What weighs more...pound of feathers or a pound of gold ;)

you are on your way. Good luck

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
% is what is the most important thing. Doesnt matter how much someone has in the market. Never forget that.

What weighs more...pound of feathers or a pound of gold ;)

you are on your way. Good luck
A lot of my picks have something to do with deadnsyde. And a lot of that has to do with chamath, and cathie woods. This video makes me feel better about things. That’s basically my goal right now, just be deadnsyde and wait it out.

zhandfull

Reaction score
I bought some MRO few weeks ago as a long hold investment on a tip from another member in different thread. Not a rocket but is moving up nicely. 😁

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I will admit the first week I lost a couple hundred bucks on amc and gme which were nothing but straight gambles. Somehow I ended up making money on gme but I’m still down on amc. I could have averaged down but I think I’m at 12 or so average

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Seemed to be a decent recovery while I was sleeping
33E22CFA-5FAD-40F2-ABF4-1CEA53D942A0.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Dude

You don’t consider a spec an investment? I’d like to talk strategy whenever you get a chance. I’ve re read a lot of your posts and I’m not sure I get your strategy? Seems like you’ve changed it recently? As far as losing money I was actually doing pretty well until the correction started a few weeks ago. I don’t have to share trade ideas as I don’t want anyone to lose money on my account but I will post how I’m doing. How much money do you have in the markets and how much on the sides? If you had 5k in, how many stocks would you spread that around? I still another 10k I can throw in but my goal was to take the 5k and grow it and i still think it’s going to happen.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This is another guy i like to follow. I take classes through penn state and he teaches there and his daughter attends there. I follow a lot of his spacs. His portfolios are taking a beating right now though

Xring01

Reaction score
You don’t consider a spec an investment? I’d like to talk strategy whenever you get a chance. I’ve re read a lot of your posts and I’m not sure I get your strategy? Seems like you’ve changed it recently? As far as losing money I was actually doing pretty well until the correction started a few weeks ago. I don’t have to share trade ideas as I don’t want anyone to lose money on my account but I will post how I’m doing. How much money do you have in the markets and how much on the sides? If you had 5k in, how many stocks would you spread that around? I still another 10k I can throw in but my goal was to take the 5k and grow it and i still think it’s going to happen.
BHC....
Give a some time... because to address your questions, its going to be a long post....
Therefore I will not have the time this am...
But I will get to it...
Quick synopsis of $5 K portfolio or a $50k portfolio
4 - $1K Swing trade type or long term type of investments in higher quality companys
1- $1K Speculative play.....
Thats how have grown my account to the size that it is... over the many years it took to get it to this level...
Again, I will come back to this later, and edit this post... with alot more details...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
BHC....
Give a some time... because to address your questions, its going to be a long post....
Therefore I will not have the time this am...
But I will get to it...
Quick synopsis of $5 K portfolio or a $50k portfolio
4 - $1K Swing trade type or long term type of investments in higher quality companys
1- $1K Speculative play.....
Thats how have grown my account to the size that it is... over the many years it took to get it to this level...
Again, I will come back to this later, and edit this post... with alot more details...
Thank you I appreciate it. I know the way I’m doing it is a little more risky but I’m hoping I can grow it faster. Again that’s me being impatient. Definitely interested to read your thoughts though. I wouldn’t mind tweaking my strategy or finding a better one. Don’t really want to move anything around right now so maybe after the market start to rebound I can make some changes. I don’t believe anything I have right now to be losers though. Maybe sens. Vyne has potential but that reverse split deal didn’t help and I’m not really even sure I understand what happened there. Only a couple hundred bucks though. That’s why I like having more stocks. Even if they don’t do well I don’t mind losing 200 or 300 because other stocks are making that up. I’m off today so I’ll be researching things and studying for my test in august. I get m the vaccine today and hopefully I don’t feel shitty all weekend

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
And we are off!! Let’s see how Friday goes
B48345DB-D7A8-4D77-8458-42E6AE43F888.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Pre market is super green let’s see if it can hold. I already got back 300 pre market

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That didn’t last long. Put in a few limit orders, I’m going outside to take care of the animals.

Xring01

Reaction score
OMG.... Look at this CHWY sell off...
An alert that I had from way back, just went off and I took a look at CHWY...

When the market quits selling off... this is a BUY BUY BUY.... wow.... there is 50% upsside on CHWY... which is the AMZN for Pets.... I love this stock and have made $$$ with it... Damn, this is a discount...
I am not buying it yet.... but I will when the markets become rational again.

1614955274869.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Seems like we are lacking major volume today

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What do the crazy wicks mean? How does It fluctuate so much in the 5 or 10 minute candle? Like this one for example
E3BA2089-EC0B-43D7-8E57-7FB9A5FFCF5C.png

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Leading my green day in the LT:
CSCO
CVX
ADM
SJM
T
VIAC.......AGAIN! UP WELL OVER 100% ON THIS ONE

Losers today (Each down less than 1%):
RTX
AAPL
BLK
JPM

Trade stocks: All down again :(

PRTS (really counting on their earnings Monday to exceed)
FWDG (Being way more patient than I want to)
VTRS (Very small position....)

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
PRTS is getting an ass beating today. Yesterday wasn't good either. This is all before earnings come Monday.

Either peeps are afraid to hold it thru earnings or maybe earnings are going to disappoint??????

Me......diamond hands.....lol

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Picked up some more NIO and Chewy at a pretty good price- Well assuming they don't tank even more. Added more apple yesterday. Tesla is the one really killing me but it swings big and I am holding. Waiting to see if Disney comes on sale, I've done very very well with it.

Wish I would have got out of Rocket when it was up. Really didn't plan to have that one LT- oh well

Xring01

Reaction score
Pretty much all the former High Flyers...
Are at about 50% discounts...
But I am not sure this is the bottom.....

Again, I am sitting on cash in this account... Shorting stuff, and SQQQ a bit...

When things Calm down... there could be some great buys....
PLTR, CHWY, DKNG, TSLA, NIO, and alot more...

But I wouldnt buy anything today... wait for monday to see how it opens... because Monday could open down 200 points... and the stuff that we thought was at bottom,,,, finds a new bottom... Especially NIO... I thought for sure that $35 would hold.... ha... dropped right thru...
Thought $600 for TSLA was bottom... I tried a bounce play on in it at that level... lost $$$ cause it dropped right thru it...uggg.

When I do think we are closer to the bottom...and Crazy Market Volatility goes away... My swing trades, I will still only buy in at 25% positions .... stage my way in..

Until then... I am just day trading.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Pretty much all the former High Flyers...
Are at about 50% discounts...
But I am not sure this is the bottom.....

Again, I am sitting on cash in this account... Shorting stuff, and SQQQ a bit...

When things Calm down... there could be some great buys....
PLTR, CHWY, DKNG, TSLA, NIO, and alot more...

But I wouldnt buy anything today... wait for monday to see how it opens... because Monday could open down 200 points... and the stuff that we thought was at bottom,,,, finds a new bottom... Especially NIO... I thought for sure that $35 would hold.... ha... dropped right thru...
Thought $600 for TSLA was bottom... I tried a bounce play on in it at that level... lost $$$ cause it dropped right thru it...uggg.

When I do think we are closer to the bottom...and Crazy Market Volatility goes away... My swing trades, I will still only buy in at 25% positions .... stage my way in..

Until then... I am just day trading.
Petsmart owns Chwy right? I think my wife has said that. I think she said they are going to sell them because they need the money and Petsmart is going public again?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Petsmart owns Chwy right? I think my wife has said that. I think she said they are going to sell them because they need the money and Petsmart is going public again?

Correct that Petsmart owns Chwy.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If earnings have been "leaked" out and they will better than expected.....I would expect PRTS to do well later today and Monday. Its already come back today from the low of 13.85 to currently 15.26

You can do this PRTS.....come on fucker.....lol

FWDG.....at 0% change today right now. It was down about 16%

VRTS is now pushing up......

LT account gaining more steam upwards......one and a 1/2 more months of retirement gained today so far.

2Driver

Reaction score
OMG.... Look at this CHWY sell off...
An alert that I had from way back, just went off and I took a look at CHWY...

When the market quits selling off... this is a BUY BUY BUY.... wow.... there is 50% upsside on CHWY... which is the AMZN for Pets.... I love this stock and have made $$$ with it... Damn, this is a discount...
I am not buying it yet.... but I will when the markets become rational again.

View attachment 979022

Purple line on your chart is?

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
need the NASD to make a run up and hold it. Its getting played today and weak hands are bailing out.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If you are diversified in your portfolio you should all be in the green today UNLESS you are betting against the market.

Individual stocks and trade stocks may be down.

This is why you need a diversified portfolio and a clear strategy.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If you are diversified in your portfolio you should all be in the green today UNLESS you are betting against the market.

Individual stocks and trade stocks may be down.

This is why you need a diversified portfolio and a clear strategy.
Im green today but not by a lot. A few orders did fill at the bottom and those are doing good right now. Got the windows tinted on the volt. Probably went way too dark 😂

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I only have two stocks down from all the stocks I own.....

JPM....LT holding down .02%
PRTS.....Trade stock but holding for Monday earnings down about 5.5% but was down 16% at one point

edit to add FWDG.....down 16%

East Wood

Reaction score
jumping in way late and not to ask such a rudimentary question, but what trading platform do you all use? i used to use cap 1 360, but had to sell everything in my divorce. Gotta start from scratch now, what is the opinion on best trading platform?