WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

Xring01

Reaction score
I bought back in for the most part,
Some I got back in cheaper, some I had to pay a bit more for..

But storming Capital Hill is no choke, so I sold... I will do it again in the future...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I bought back in for the most part,
Some I got back in cheaper, some I had to pay a bit more for..

But storming Capital Hill is no choke, so I sold... I will do it again in the future...
I’d rather leave $1000 on the table than loose the 10k I have made.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I did get back into BA at $212. Still need to buy another 40 shares. I wanted to buy back in slow. But it jumped up on me. So I’m trying to be patient. Got back in WMT at $146 which is what I sold it for.

HCP3

Reaction score
With Dem control, any thoughts on marijuana stocks? $MJ specifically.

Xring01

Reaction score

Honestly, when it comes to these stocks... Biden is already priced in. If anything they are over bought... meaning they should pull back for the most part.

There is one that I have been playing as a Day Trade... which works well..
SNDL... which is considered a Penny stock, but it has a huge float... therefore is a safer penny stock if there is such a thing.

Buy it on the dips intra day, sell on the peaks intra day....

Warning... its volatile fucker... looks like its doing nothing for hours, and boom up/down 10% in 15-25 minutes...

Ha, you made me look at it, and its currently on a upswing...

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score

How does everyone feel about solar? Besides Tesla, which are the stronger companies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about solar? Besides Tesla, which are the stronger companies?

Like Weed stocks... Solar stocks are all up, due to the potential Biden Agenda...
The hard part is finding one that not about to pull back, because its overbought...

FSLR - one that I have been trying to get into for awhile now. but in my opinion. It has more downside than upside at its current price level, which is quite close to the 6 month high... Its over extended above both the 50/200MAs,,, knowing me, I will not buy it at this level, I will jsut sit on the side lines, and watch it go higher and higher with out me.

Again, I am doing my best to be a better investor/trader, and not overpay.

But if you are looking to get into something that you feel is overbought, then stage your way in over time... Say 4 25% purchases over 3-4 months, somethign to that effect. Some stocks just never pull back... look at AMZN and TSLA over the years, buying the dips is quite hard, when a dip is still 5% lower than the 52 week high....

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Like Weed stocks... Solar stocks are all up, due to the potential Biden Agenda...
The hard part is finding one that not about to pull back, because its overbought...

FSLR - one that I have been trying to get into for awhile now. but in my opinion. It has more downside than upside at its current price level, which is quite close to the 6 month high... Its over extended above both the 50/200MAs,,, knowing me, I will not buy it at this level, I will jsut sit on the side lines, and watch it go higher and higher with out me.

Again, I am doing my best to be a better investor/trader, and not overpay.

But if you are looking to get into something that you feel is overbought, then stage your way in over time... Say 4 25% purchases over 3-4 months, somethign to that effect. Some stocks just never pull back... look at AMZN and TSLA over the years, buying the dips is quite hard, when a dip is still 5% lower than the 52 week high....

Good insight. The Biden admin will no doubt push the green agenda. I guess my idea of getting in “early” is still late. Haha.

It will be interesting to watch though.

C08H18

Reaction score
i mentioned FDIS ETF where i 'park' cash periodically. my last buy was 12/31. [i'm holding ~96 different equities also]
One week later it's up 2.77%.

Glad i was at Glamis this week and missed all the turmoil.

Xring01

Reaction score
RKT - Swing Trade Idea

My idea... The financial sectors have been doing quite well lately... I expect the Mortgage sector to remain green, due to current economic outlook. The fact that RKT is online mortgages, makes it even better play in a CV19 world.

RKT is trading in a channel between $18-23 over the last 3 months... Its on a small upswing just crossed over the 50MA line, head upwards towards the 200MVA, and could go to $22.50 or above in the next 30-45 days. As you can see in the chart.. dropped from 22 ish, down to 19, consolidated a bit, and it now on a upswing...
Entry at below $19.50 ish area...
Stop at $19.
Take 75% profit around 21.50 and let 25% run higher... pending on how fast it runs...

We are risking 50-60cents to win 1.50 for higher....

Weakness at this point... the RSI is a bit higher than I link... at 57ish... but it can run...

Do you guys see any red flags...

1610373262115.png

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well I got bought back in to BA to where I was before I sold off because of the drama on Wednesday.
I wake up to a Boeing crash in Indonesia 🤢. Now I have to make the decision. To hold what I got. Or sell at a loss and hope to buy back in if it tanks further.

Good times.

Sandlord

Reaction score
I parked all my holdings, BA included in a stable fund last week.
Got to let the dust settle in the political world.

Xring01

Reaction score
Well I got bought back in to BA to where I was before I sold off because of the drama on Wednesday.
I wake up to a Boeing crash in Indonesia 🤢. Now I have to make the decision. To hold what I got. Or sell at a loss and hope to buy back in if it tanks further.

Good times.

You are a long term investor... over the long term, BA should do well... So I would hold...

But if you have the time, to become a swing trader... then you may want to sell, and try to get in lower... But Swing/Day Trading requires alot of your time.
IF you dont have that time, then just buy and hold... at least thats my advice..

I dont know if this is true or not... I saw it on a Financial News show... but there are reports of a parts of a destroyed chinese drone where also in the wrechage of the BA Plane... I cant prove this... just over heard it... but if thats true... a drone downed that plane... thats not BA fault, the stock will rebound...

Thats what I am looking for... any hint of a consollidation... I am watching it like a hawk... then I am looking for confirmation of the uptrend... I will be long BA for a Swing trade.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Wow...
This may be my best trading day....

RKT... doing exactly as I predicted... nice.
NIO... what else can I say... ohhh myy... I was going to name my next dog CHWY... Well that bitch may be called NIO after today.
KMX..
SNDL... nice...
I scalpled MARA for a bottom bounce, in/out in less than 8 minutes for a quick $101.
Nailed DKNG for a VWAP reclaim for quick $76...

One small red trade today on FUBO... recapping... I entered the stock correctly based on the chart, and it went the wrong way that I expected. This happens. But I cut my loss's and I didnt revenge trade it, trying to turn it green... I made that stupid mistake last week, and I got bit in the ass big time... Maybe I have learned my lesson...

BTW.... MU just got a nice upgrade by an analyst... Price target to $105... and Semi Conductor sector has been on fire... lately,.. So MU could pop....

RIght now, the market is Red on the day....
My cash account portfolio is up 2%.today... Thats a damn good day for me...
The more I do this, the more I learn.. the more I learn, the fewer mistakes I make....

Last edited:

84miller

Reaction score
Thanks for contributing... my quick opinion...
Apple, great buy and hold stock... I wouldnt buy it at this point, but I would hold it, if I owned it. Reason I wouldnt buy it is because its way over extended 200MA. It is a bit below the 50MA... so it should consolidate a bit more in this area, before its next uptrend. Should give an easy 25% ROI for 2021.

IRM - I know nothing about them... quick look at the chart. Short term I see more down side than upside, but it could be setting up for a swing trade in a a week or so.

PRPL - I like that chart... I need to do more research on it. Again is a bit extended over the 50 and 200MAs so consolidation/and potential short term downside, but appears to be a good long term buy and hold chart. Again I need to do more research on it.

RKT--- I love RKT... I made some $$$ on this one, I have high expectation for it in 2021... If it shows me any strength what so ever, I am in it, because its been going sideways for way to long... I think it could be a $40 stock by the end of 2021

Again, this is my opinion..... I may be right, may be wrong...

I have IRM (Iron Mountain) for quite a while. For me it has been very stable and pays a good dividend. Keeper for me, plus I know their business.

Xring01

Reaction score
I have IRM (Iron Mountain) for quite a while. For me it has been very stable and pays a good dividend. Keeper for me, plus I know their business.

For those of you looking for a nice buy and hold REIT....
I see alot of positives in IRM... first and foremost... over 8% Dividend... thats a mighty find return... (NOTE you have to own it 1 year to get that entire 8%).
Ad to that. look at this chart...

Setting up very nice for a swing trade...
Its currently below the 200MA below the 50 MA... The RSI is at 20....
Which means is getting very close to reversing upwards....
There are alot of Pros to this chart...

But the Con..
Its still on a down trend...
I am waiting for a bit of consolidation... some up trending... I will most likely jump into this as a swing trade...

Its not going to pay off much... hoping 10%, but it will be very nice low stress trade, and we may even catch a dividend payoff before we sell.. Please note... Stocks like these drop after the dividend date... thats becasue they "Spent" the "Cash" they had, to pay the dividend...

So know what your chasing when you chase it... are you looking for the Stock Price Return, or the Dividend return, on the time period you plan to hold it. These are different animals... should be traded/invested differently/ pending your goals...

If you own IRM... I would hold it... I wouldnt sell it at this point...
If you looking for a nice solid safe REIT/Dividend payer... I like this one alot.

Am I missing anything... do you guys have anything to ad, or see red flags..???

1610389606486.png

Xring01

Reaction score
BOOT just keeps on running :p
Damn, thats a nice chart... slow and steady uptrend, with a nice 12% pop today....
If you have it, might want to secure some profits... take some off the table.. .and let the rest run... (say sell 75%, let 25% ride out).

Because its pretty over extended, and will most likely pull back a bit after this run...

But thats my opinion.....

caribbean20

Reaction score

We’ve owned TAN for a few months, Invesco solar ETF. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Figured it was a good hedge in case the Dems swept. It’s pretty much gone straight up since we’ve owned it, so don’t know about valuation now. Going to be a long term hold.

Just dumb luck.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
We’ve owned TAN for a few months, Invesco solar ETF. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Figured it was a good hedge in case the Dems swept. It’s pretty much gone straight up since we’ve owned it, so don’t know about valuation now. Going to be a long term hold.

Just dumb luck.

Thanks for the tip. Hope it keeps the upward trend. [emoji1303]

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've been riding high on NIO, BC, HZO, GNRC, CZR and of course AAPL. and doing quite well.

farmo83

Reaction score
I struggle with to buy back into the EV space. The valuations make no sense to me. TSLA's PE is around 1500/1 and the amount of cars NIO has sold is just depressing. I rode the wave on TSLA to about 1800 and punched out feeling like a rockstar, now not so much.

Betting on infastructure for this year, DER, VMI, USCR, and CAT.

Thoughts ?

Xring01

Reaction score
I struggle with to buy back into the EV space. The valuations make no sense to me. TSLA's PE is around 1500/1 and the amount of cars NIO has sold is just depressing. I rode the wave on TSLA to about 1800 and punched out feeling like a rockstar, now not so much.

Betting on infastructure for this year, DER, VMI, USCR, and CAT.

Thoughts ?
EV Sector is hot, due to the incoming Biden administration. Like all sectors that get over heated, they eventually come back down to reality. Which is a key reason why I day trade those names, and I do not hold them overnight. Unless a overnight swing trade.

CAT - DE - those will do well, as long as the overall global economy does well. I am not to familiar with the others.

When it comes to TLSA, its alot more than just a Car company... Yes it is way to high, but you cant consider it just a car company.
It has a major play in Utility Scale Power - with its battery division... Utility sector is quite popular right now.
It has a major play in Solar Systems, Eighteen Wheelers, and has the best EV Charging Network in the US.
So therefore it has many streams of revenue, beside EV Cars. Which is a key reason why its a CULT stock.

I would buy it on on major major pull back for a long position... but for now. Its just a day trade to me. Even then I dont trade it as much as I should.

One of my strategys in teh past for long term buy and hold was quite simple..
Do you think the market will be Bullish in the next 3-6-9 months.... If the answer is yes.
Then what sectors of the market, have the best chance of success, under the current economic forecast.
Identify the top 4-5 Sectors, find the best of breed of each of those sectors, and ride them.

That was the key to my success in Mar 19, thru Oct 19. I did quite well thru that period. But that strategy also help me prior to that.

Lets get roll call going... What sectors do you think have the best chance of success under the first 9 months of Biden Admin... factoring in that EV sector my already be over priced, and not worth risk.

Tech?
Online Retail?
Cloud Storage?
Banks?
Energy?
Defense?
Cyber Security?
Software?
Weed?
Online Gamling?
Streaming Sector (NFLX/DIS types)
Or fill in some blanks...

Lets identify the sectors first, then try to pick some stocks that could do well....

Share your thoughts.

nowski

Reaction score
Xring, what do you think of this penny stock, OZOP ticker OZSC? It's been pretty hot over the last couple of days...

Xring01

Reaction score
Xring, what do you think of this penny stock, OZOP ticker OZSC? It's been pretty hot over the last couple of days...
Honestl, I avoid penny stocks, primarily because they are prone to dilution of shares, or splits, which loses you $$$.

Javajoe

Reaction score
My SIL who owns a distribution and cultivating operation who is now the 4th largest in the state said that market is going to do very well this year. He always told me not to invest in them in the past. He quit his job as a Mechanical Eng. to start his company a few years ago. Very smart young guy. Doesn’t even smoke, just loves money

Xring01

Reaction score
I know of a major weed facility in Ca, thats growing astronomically, with the entire goal of going public in the future.
One of my friends works with them, which is how I know their growth numbers.

Trust me... This is probably the No 1. (weed/cbd/edibles/vapes producers) in Ca.... who cant hire / train people fast enough. Literally growing way to fast, beating all of there own internal estimates.

If they do go public,,, I will share the info with you guys. For now they are private.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My SIL who owns a distribution and cultivating operation who is now the 4th largest in the state said that market is going to do very well this year. He always told me not to invest in them in the past. He quit his job as a Mechanical Eng. to start his company a few years ago. Very smart young guy. Doesn’t even smoke, just loves money
I know of a major weed facility in Ca, thats growing astronomically, with the entire goal of going public in the future.
One of my friends works with them, which is how I know their growth numbers.

Trust me... This is probably the No 1. (weed/cbd/edibles/vapes producers) in Ca.... who cant hire / train people fast enough. Literally growing way to fast, beating all of there own internal estimates.

If they do go public,,, I will share the info with you guys. For now they are private.

We are currently working with an operation to somewhat automate their outdoor grow from the harvests to the truck so it can moved to the warehouse to dry then to the trim room with out touching it once it’s loaded on the truck until it’s trimmed.

It’s new for us, but we can move things, just don’t know the that industry 100% so we are learning.

Xring01

Reaction score
IRM
Just got into this as a swing trade...

In at $28.415
I will watch it closely, and stop out at the blue line... It has to stay above that line for a day or two, then I will relax... The reason I am concerned, is I may be in a bit early, because it just crossed over...

I am thinking we can get to 30.50 in 3-4 weeks.... so thats a 10% ROI.

1610553334789.png

1610553334789.png

RKT Swing trade it working out pretty good... Its up 2% at the moment, can pull back some, But I am happy...

KMX Swing trade - good, still holding

Speculative Swing Trade... that 100% has to do with SPAC investments... no real technical analysis at all, just pure fundamentals... CCAC... got in at $10.62 with a low downside, because the lowest it can go is $10 from what I know about SPACs... but this one can pop and get me 30-40% ... So I do not have a full position on this one.... just because I dont know as much as I should... I have 2/3 position on this...

I jumped into a quicky AMD Swing trade... for some stupid reason.. it dropped 4% today, because Intel hired a new CEO... which to me means that its at a 4% discount... So I jumped in... again.. this will be a quicky.. probably sell it around $95-96 area,, hoping to do that today, but it could take a week or more.

Day trades..
Lost $10 on MARA, Made $37 on BLNK, Lost $75 on OPTT, Made $$$ on GM...
Overall flat on my day trades, hummm but the day it not over....

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Got into CAKE yesterday at $39

Stop at $36.69 and Target at $43 +

Have a feeling it is going to breakout. We shall see.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
EV Sector is hot, due to the incoming Biden administration. Like all sectors that get over heated, they eventually come back down to reality. Which is a key reason why I day trade those names, and I do not hold them overnight. Unless a overnight swing trade.

CAT - DE - those will do well, as long as the overall global economy does well. I am not to familiar with the others.

When it comes to TLSA, its alot more than just a Car company... Yes it is way to high, but you cant consider it just a car company.
It has a major play in Utility Scale Power - with its battery division... Utility sector is quite popular right now.
It has a major play in Solar Systems, Eighteen Wheelers, and has the best EV Charging Network in the US.
So therefore it has many streams of revenue, beside EV Cars. Which is a key reason why its a CULT stock.

I would buy it on on major major pull back for a long position... but for now. Its just a day trade to me. Even then I dont trade it as much as I should.

One of my strategys in teh past for long term buy and hold was quite simple..
Do you think the market will be Bullish in the next 3-6-9 months.... If the answer is yes.
Then what sectors of the market, have the best chance of success, under the current economic forecast.
Identify the top 4-5 Sectors, find the best of breed of each of those sectors, and ride them.

That was the key to my success in Mar 19, thru Oct 19. I did quite well thru that period. But that strategy also help me prior to that.

Lets get roll call going... What sectors do you think have the best chance of success under the first 9 months of Biden Admin... factoring in that EV sector my already be over priced, and not worth risk.

Tech?
Online Retail?
Cloud Storage?
Banks?
Energy?
Defense?
Cyber Security?
Software?
Weed?
Online Gamling?
Streaming Sector (NFLX/DIS types)
Or fill in some blanks...

Lets identify the sectors first, then try to pick some stocks that could do well....

Share your thoughts.

People will be looking at the cloud storage and wondering if the risk is too much to have some company put you out of business. Quite possibly there will be a big swing back to on site components for security purposes. I have been involved in this industry for a very long time concerning on site vs hosted services. Its a big circle and sales people gotta sale something new....a different angle. I guarantee you there are salesman out there right now trying to sale on site products against what has happened with Parler and using that as leverage.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I put in a buy order for today only on GIS at 53.75....It isn't going to get filled today. I go for a 10% profit and am not greedy.

Basically I look at my worst performing stocks in my long term portfolio and look at them. I did do this with PRTS (not in LT account) recently and took my 10%. I also did it with CVX but when it hit an 8% gain I went ahead and cashed out. Could have had my 10% on CVX if I just waited another day

I gotta stick with my plan on these damn trade stocks.....lol

I want to out perform my Long Term stocks this year on a % basis and tease my financial guy with the results. So far so good but we will see at the end of the year :)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I want to out perform my Long Term stocks this year on a % basis and tease my financial guy with the results. So far so good but we will see at the end of the year :)

LOL 13 days in!

Xring01

Reaction score
Swing Trades
IRM - I added to my initial purchase this am. I am now all in, full position on IRM. I like what I see.
AMD- uggg stopped me out... I was hoping for a short term swing... and lost 2.5%... ugggg.. I was hoping to make 4-5% on it, quickly, so when it lost 2.5%... I had to stop out... If I can get in lower, while its on an up swing, then I might go into a smaller position, and see.. its showing weakness...
RKT- moving slowly, but moving in the right direction.
KMX - pretty flat... today... I am up 3% overall trade... but moving slowly...
CACC- doing very well...
SUPN - sold the final 1/3 position for a nice win....

Future Swing Trade
BA - wow... looking like its ready for a Upswing.. lots of things to like about that chart. IF we can get CV19 a bit more under control, BA could pop... Its trading right at the 200MA... so I am watching it closely... Does it pop thru 200 MA showing me strength, or does it reject the 200MA showing me weakness... thats why I am not in BA right now... I may be in later today, if it pops thru... but if it retreats, then it can retreat alot... so I am on the sidelines watching for now.

BA Chart
1610639189805.png

Day Trading..
PRTS - sold off 2/3 of an overnight position for 5% gain....
CGC- lost $14
GME- lost $18
PLUG- lost $50
F - Made $50...

So far today... I have to say Day trading is doing better than my swing trading... due to AMD (that fucker)...

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
GUSH up $3 today to $56.

My exit position is set at $45 currently.

Question for @Xring01 -

How do you set your exit positions?

Simple stops? trailing stops?

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
TLRY...... Got back in a week or so back.... Its rocking

GUSH- I have been in/out on this so many times my head hurts. All for the good with the exception of yesterday, it cost me $50 to get back in.

ACB- I'm not a big volume share holder at 100, but its making me $

OGI- Much like above, 100 shares isn't making me rich, but its easy money.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Can anyone explain what’s going on with FCAU. I listen to Cramer and he was all about buying this stock 2 days ago and I was considering it. Boy did it take a shit this morning. Dodged that bullet.

Xring01

Reaction score
Wow, IRM.... for a REIT... it took off, far faster than I expected up 4.6%...
Patting myself on the back.

THanks 84Miller, for bringing this to my attention.. I wouldnt have those profits, if you didnt... I owe you a beer or two..

Thats what I intended for this thread to become... sharing ideas, and making $$$...

Cheers.

Xring01

Reaction score
GUSH up $3 today to $56.

My exit position is set at $45 currently.

Question for @Xring01 -

How do you set your exit positions?

Simple stops? trailing stops?

Wow, this will take forever to answer..
It depends on the trade, the risk factor, the sector, the price action...

However... What I am trying... I do say trying to do... especially with swing trades, When a stock hits my profit targets, I start pulling profits off the table. So sell 50% or 75%, and let the rest run, with a pretty tight stop on it. But I am looking at how fast it did what it did, how over bought is it, what the RSI looks like.

But this can cost me money, because I am the asshole on the other thread to sell CHWY $69, expecting it to pull back. It did pull back to $67 ish... but I wanted it to pull back more... then that bitch bounced all the way to $110 and higher... with out me..

So, sometimes buy and hold is the best strategy, and sometimes taking profits is the best strategy. I dont have a crystal ball, but am I doing my best to do better every day.

Anyone that tells you one answer is always right... dont trust there advice.

Here is a perfect example... of when I should sell, and follow guidelines...
IRM Chart Look at that RSI of this Stupid High right now, which means it should pull back...
??? Do we take money off the table, expect a pull back and get back in... Or stick with the original plan... and ride it all the way to 30.50....???? Note... I am up almost 5% on this... in two days ish.

IRM C
1610648987974.png
hart

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Got my GIS under 55 today. Looking for that 10% gain.

In my LT account some continuing standouts are: VIAC, RIO and INTC.

Xring01

Reaction score
OK,
My IRM Saga....

I own 250 Shares.... (currently at $29.85ish) I am up 5%ish ... which is great... but I think/predict, it can hit $30.50... I dont want to leave $$$ on the table.

But from the chart above the RSI indicator is freaking pegging off the charts high. when that happens, just look back in the past... what happens which stocks get over extended... They NORMALLY pull back.. Look at the past RSI peaks, then look above at the chart... what does it do?

One key thing about that RSI... Its not 100% accurate. Stocks can stay at the level... for a period of time, and the RSI will go lower... And that stock can still run higher.... Remember the CHWY story..

So, my reasoning... is this... how do I protect my profits that I have now, and how do I also not miss the future profits...

I might the right, I might be wrong,
But I just put a Stop order for 150 shares of IRM at $29.65... My reasoning is simple, if it pulls back from $29.85, to $29.65, it will most likely continue to fall lower... Note... I have 250 shares...

So if it does drop and trigger the stop order, I have locked in some good profits, and I still have 100 shares running, will evaluate there. If it does drop awhole lot, I either sell that 100, or buy back the 150 (that I sold) at a lower value, and ride it back up again...

Anyway... I am not telling you guys what to do... I am telling you my TRADING PLAN... Because I dont have a crystal ball, I have learned the hardway by not selling and watching profits erode... selling, and watching from the sidelines...

Let me know if you like my Trading Plan, or if you would do something different..

BTW... I wouldnt be in this position, if IRM hadnt bounced up this fast.... which I didnt expect at all.. Glad it did, but this one surprised me.

Edited @ 11:52
IRM continued to climb, broke $30 and eventually peaked at $30.07 and started pulling back...

As It went up, I watching the volume, and the pricing action of the candles, I moved the stop up to $29.85, as the stock went over $30... Then up to $29.92.... when it hit $30.07... My thought process is it doesnt get above $30, and Hold above $30, If it gets below $29.92, then it will most likely drop down further.... My Stop order on 2/3 ish 150 shares of my 250 share position, triggered... It sold off... Its now hovering at the $29.90 area... If it gets above $30.07, then I will most likely buy the 150 shares back..... But I hope it retreats back down into the $29.50s or lower... then I will buy back the 150 shares... It will most likely be hover here for the remainder of the day... I will be happy locking in my profits when I did, and still holding 100 shares, to reevaluate tomorrow..

This is the mental mind fuck of trading... versus buy and hold.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
TLRY...... Got back in a week or so back.... Its rocking

GUSH- I have been in/out on this so many times my head hurts. All for the good with the exception of yesterday, it cost me $50 to get back in.

ACB- I'm not a big volume share holder at 100, but its making me $

OGI- Much like above, 100 shares isn't making me rich, but its easy money.

The biggest problem with ACB....
They lose money consistantly... how do they keep operations going... But issueing more stock, diluting the shares, which drops the price of that stock.
I lost $$$ with ACB due to this... To me... Until they stop that shit... I will not trade them...

Basically this is what happens...
See the stock on an uptrend... you buy in at $11, it quickly moves up to $12.50, your all smiles, feeling like the greatest investor of all time...

That evening, they announce issueing millions of shares at $8.50... You wake up the next morning... DOWN 30 plus percent.... ASK ME HOW I KNOW...

Thats a key thing about stocks that do not have a PE Ratio... Take a hard look at there total market cap, the amount of shares outstanding, and if they have ever posted positive earnings... Not all stocks are NFLX, AMZN... When you play those ACB's of the world, keep in mind what can happen overnight. Note they can screw you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

The new CEO at ACB may not do this... but you still have to research the stocks you are trading, before you trade them. I use Yahoo finance... its a pretty good tool... Finviz is another that has alot of great info.

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The biggest problem with ACB....
They lose money consistantly... how do they keep operations going... But issueing more stock, diluting the shares, which drops the price of that stock.
I lost $$$ with ACB due to this... To me... Until they stop that shit... I will not trade them...

Basically this is what happens...
See the stock on an uptrend... you buy in at $11, it quickly moves up to $12.50, your all smiles, feeling like the greatest investor of all time...

That evening, they announce issueing millions of shares at $8.50... You wake up the next morning... DOWN 30 plus percent.... ASK ME HOW I KNOW...

Thats a key think about stocks that do not have a PE Ratio... Take a hard look at there total market cap, the amount of shares outstanding, and if they have ever posted positive earnings... Not all stocks are NFLX, AMZN... When you play those ACB's of the world, keep in mind what can happen overnight. Note they can screw you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

The new CEO at ACB may not do this... but you still have to research the stocks you are trading, before you trade them. I use Yahoo finance... its a pretty good tool... Finviz is another that has alot of great info.

ACB, and OGI are more of a "whats the weed market doing" look for me, than anything. I day-week trade them when weed is hot. Typically in about the same time as TLRY. TLRY pushed WAY past where I have been selling it at the last few days, but it seems to have met its next hurdle in the $20 range. I sold all of my OGI and ACB (both day trades today) and my TLRY at about noon for a decent profit across the board on all 3, obviously the leader was TLRY. Today was an 8.75% gain on my "play" account. I read mostly everything you write. Some I understand, some I don't, but I appreciate it. I have learned a lot, and having a good time.

Xring01

Reaction score
ACB, and OGI are more of a "whats the weed market doing" look for me, than anything. I day-week trade them when weed is hot. Typically in about the same time as TLRY. TLRY pushed WAY past where I have been selling it at the last few days, but it seems to have met its next hurdle in the $20 range. I sold all of my OGI and ACB (both day trades today) and my TLRY at about noon for a decent profit across the board on all 3, obviously the leader was TLRY. Today was an 8.75% gain on my "play" account. I read mostly everything you write. Some I understand, some I don't, but I appreciate it. I have learned a lot, and having a good time.

Nice... Making $$$ is the goal... Glad you cashed in on that TLRY move...
My BIL and I discussed TLRY yesterday about lunch time....My dumb ass, saw how over extended it was over the MAs, and decided nope nope nope...
Just to watch that bitch jump 25% today... at its peak.

Thats why I tell people to never follow me blindly... do your own research, and follow your plan...
I have probably sat on the sidelines more than any one here... watching shit run higher higher and higher..
The moment I dont do that... That bitch drops like a rock, just eats up all the profits...
Sometimes you just cant win... Which is why I say no one has a crystal ball.

BTW... My BIL has a big position in TLRY.... doubled that position yesterday... and caught todays run... So I will never hear the end of it... lol.

Last edited:

C08H18

Reaction score
Got my GIS under 55 today. Looking for that 10% gain.

In my LT account some continuing standouts are: VIAC, RIO and INTC.
If you like RIO, look at FCX. I hold both, 44% Return on RIO and 74% return on FCX thus far.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Oil and weed, oil and weed....... will probably drop, but that’s what I’m looking at.

Xring01

Reaction score
Honestly I think the market already has Joe priced in. But thats my opinion, and can diffently be wrong.

The market will react to un employment numbers, or manufacturing data, China/Iran/Russia rattling there sabers, just to see what he does. Inflation should start rearing its head soon, if so, interest rates could go up, which can bring this record bull market to an end.

To me, the impacts that could happen, would be if Biden lifts sanctions on China.. that could send the markets higher in the short term, but the political ramifications of that could drop the market in the long term.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So....a decent early start tomorrow. For those of you trading probably a good idea to sell in early AM and buy in early/late afternoon.