WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anyone looking at NeuroOne Medical Technology NMTC?
From what I have found it is the same tech Elon Musk is working on but they have recently got some FDA approval and actually had team members join them from Elon’s group.
The CEO was previously involved in bringing another small medical company up to a 250m value.

The stock is in the $3 dollar range. I’m thinking of putting a couple hundred in it and crossing my fingers it takes off in the years to come.

Thoughts?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I sold my ctrm too soon I suck. Oh well it’s money I didn’t have Before, can’t be greedy

Earlier this week I decided I'd be happy with $300-400 per day, regardless of the potential. If I see it and I can take it, I'll do that. I sold CTRM this morning and took an $840 profit after buying yesterday. Could have been $2500+ (at current prices), but it also could have been a loss if I hadn't taken it. $840 is better than a loss, and it's more money than I'll make at work today. It's a good day.

Xring01

Reaction score
updated SNDL chart...
See what happens... It followed my trend line almost perfectly, yes I did extend it downward...
What happened when it broke $2.95..... incoming....... dropped bomb.......

Those key levels are where alot of day traders are looking to go long or short.... because it was downtrending... also known as a bear flag, and broke that key level, I figured it would drop like a rock.... But I didnt short it at that level because its Short Sell restricted.

But I was also smart enough not to take it long... I was looking to,,, but it would have had to break my trend line in a upwards direction for a few candles with lots of green volume.... Its in a sea of red volume.

Edited a few moments later...
Holy shit.... 25M shares/minute.... wow..... wtf is going on.... that kind of volume.... means pure speculators are jumping in long to defend it from dropping.... Seriously volatile mufker.... wow.... I am probably not touching this one today.... Because someon with a bigger account than mine can manipulate the shit out of it.... honesly this makes no sense what so ever.

1613060703216.png

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ll admit I bought 4 more contracts on SNDL lol. Everything is pointing to it dying. but the volume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anyone thinking about getting on TLRY? How far will it crash until it levels out?
Same fir CGC

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Transit here... i agree with this.
Granted, METRO's fleet is significantly larger than ours, its a drop in the bucket. Most agencies are already repowering to full ev or hydrogen.
That being said, i love me some SPAC's........specifically $NGAC
This one might be a better long play if youre trying to get into the "renewable energy or ev market"
I can see this being successful in the long run with hyliion and workhorse

What we know:

- $NGAC rumored to merge with EV truck company Xos Trucks........
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/exc...-deal-talks-to-go-public-sources-2021-02-08-0

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ice-jumps-deal-ev-truck-xos-2021-2-1030056863

- Xos Trucks has two young founders and former Tesla Founder Rob Ferber (huge) at the helm https://xostrucks.com/ (scroll down and click on those little circles by the faces)

- XOS builds and delivers electric trucks Class 6 (deals with Loomis, UPS) through Class 8 (deal with Hino)

- Xos Trucks raised $20M in August 2020https://www.globenewswire.com/fr/ne...-with-Tier-1-Automotive-Supplier-Metalsa.html

- Xos trucks has a deal with Hino https://www.freightwaves.com/news/xos-gets-first-class-8-electric-truck-deal-from-hino

- Xos trucks is a leader in armored trucks, already has a deal with Loomis https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...019-Announces-Exclusive-Loomis-Agreement.html

- UPS tested some trucks around 3 years ago, and they met again in January 2021 https://www.pressroom.ups.com/pressroom/ContentDetailsViewer.pageConceptType=PressReleases&id=1532964104882-384

- ORDER FROM DICKINSON FLEET https://www.freightwaves.com/news/e...rce=twitter&hss_channel=tw-831603050817138688

- Major income from battery packs, proprietary design

With the Biden Buy American Green Energy subsidy, I expect Xos Trucks (www.xostrucks.com) to be leader in the armored truck and heavy utility sector while eventually replacing Hino's worldwide Class 8 transport fleet with electric vehicles. These batteries improve year after year and with Rob Ferber behind the engineering, I really see Xos Trucks having some true staying power in the EV market
Another PO lined up

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis is going nuts. I’m not selling till 100 but seems like a ton of day trading going on

Xring01

Reaction score
Anyone thinking about getting on TLRY? How far will it crash until it levels out?
Same fir CGC

No one in the world knows the answer to that question. No one knows how long the "HYPE" will stay on them. Remember GME/AMC... hyped the fuck up.... went to the moon... and crashed back down.

Most, if not all of the Weed stocks are 3-4x overvalued. None of them have earnings any where near where they should be valued. Just know these are Speculative plays only. They are Trades, Not investments. If you truly believe that I am wrong, and looking for a safer way to play Weed sector. Then I higly recommend a ETF called MJ... Weed stocks have alot more than just Hype, they do have future US Regulations in there favor, but thats doesnt mean they are at a good value price.

Having said all that, I feel the say way about AMZN, and TSLA... who are trading at 4 years into the futures sales #'s/value. Thats why they are so expensive. But Investers have consistantly been willing to pay for high P/E Ratios for HUGE GROWTH Potential.... Thats why NIO/XPEV/LI have all went of 4X... Hell look at PLUG/BLNK/FCEL... all the same... not trading at todays value... they are all trading at long term future value. The moment they slip up.... drop like a rock.... Thats why I never hold companys like these thru earnings... .I sell before and get back in after. Just not worth the risk.

IMHO, the average person who plays these, thinks the weed stocks have the same Long Term Growth opportunitys as a AMZN and TSLA... thats where they are wrong. Because the competion in the weed market is just getting started, therefore the margins will not be as good as they should be. When they report earnings, it will be a huge dissappointment and they will drop like a rock after earnings.

Again, thats just my opinion... I day trade the shit out of them... I would like to get into MJ on a major pullback. But even that is risky....

Key note:
Investments: are for long term strategys, which means you looking for company's that are most likely going to be more profitable in the future. Not based on Speculation.... (AMD, BA, WMT, AAPL)... Those are key investment type stocks that have a P/E Ratio.... Meaning, they make $$$... Companys that have a N/A for a P/E are telling you they are not profitable and are really speculative.

Trades: can be based on speculation... Identify the key levels of the huge volume spikes, and risk 50 cents to make 2 dollars types...

Know what your buying when you buy it.
Know what the trading plan is when you buy it.
If you dont, you will regret it in the long term.

But again, thats just all my opinion.

Last edited:

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
I'm sick to my stomach..... Canopy down -$11, should of sold it at $52. #storyofmylife

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I bought TLRY at $52.50 today. The WSB guys are going to push this up as much as possible. I'm not going to fight the trend.

However, all of this nonsense can't last too long. The rug will be pulled when the MM want their money back and it will be a huge correction and a lot of novice investors will lose money. Right now, they are letting everyone put money in the market and when they are ready, they will start unloading all their shares. Of course, they will be short all the stocks as well. It will be ugly. Just my opinion. For now, set tight stops, unless you're in the high flying stocks.

I'm just going to quote myself from yesterday. 😆

CLdrinker

Reaction score
No one in the world knows the answer to that question. No one knows how long the "HYPE" will stay on them. Remember GME/AMC... hyped the fuck up.... went to the moon... and crashed back down.

Most, if not all of the Weed stocks are 3-4x overvalued. None of them have earnings any where near where they should be valued. Just know these are Speculative plays only. They are Trades, Not investments. If you truly believe that I am wrong, and looking for a safer way to play Weed sector. Then I higly recommend a ETF called MJ... Weed stocks have alot more than just Hype, they do have future US Regulations in there favor, but thats doesnt mean they are at a good value price.

Having said all that, I feel the say way about AMZN, and TSLA... who are trading at 4 years into the futures sales #'s/value. Thats why they are so expensive. But Investers have consistantly been willing to pay for high P/E Ratios for HUGE GROWTH Potential.... Thats why NIO/XPEV/LI have all went of 4X... Hell look at PLUG/BLNK/FCEL... all the same... not trading at todays value... they are all trading at long term future value. The moment they slip up.... drop like a rock.... Thats why I never hold companys like these thru earnings... .I sell before and get back in after. Just not worth the risk.

IMHO, the average person who plays these, thinks the weed stocks have the same Long Term Growth opportunitys as a AMZN and TSLA... thats where they are wrong. Because the competion in the weed market is just getting started, therefore the margins will not be as good as they should be. When they report earnings, it will be a huge dissappointment and they will drop like a rock after earnings.

Again, thats just my opinion... I day trade the shit out of them... I would like to get into MJ on a major pullback. But even that is risky....

Key note:
Investments: are for long term strategys, which means you looking for company's that are most likely going to be more profitable in the future. Not based on Speculation.... (AMD, BA, WMT, AAPL)... Those are key investment type stocks that have a P/E Ratio.... Meaning, they make $$$... Companys that have a N/A for a P/E are telling you they are not profitable and are really speculative.

Trades: can be based on speculation... Identify the key levels of the huge volume spikes, and risk 50 cents to make 2 dollars types...

Know what your buying when you buy it.
Know what the trading plan is when you buy it.
If you dont, you will regret it in the long term.

But again, thats just all my opinion.
I hold BA,APPL and WMT.
I know the marijuana stocks are gambles. I was just wondering if anyone had an educated guess when an entry point might be.
I won’t be putting anything in marijuana unless I have a Dan good reason lol.

I am gambling $170 on NMTC though. Which I know is exactly that a gamble.

Xring01

Reaction score
I hold BA,APPL and WMT.
I know the marijuana stocks are gambles. I was just wondering if anyone had an educated guess when an entry point might be.
I won’t be putting anything in marijuana unless I have a Dan good reason lol.

I am gambling $170 on NMTC though. Which I know is exactly that a gamble.

Lets say you have a $20K account... allow yourself 10% of that, for the speculative plays, as long as you have time to trade those trades. Sometimes speculative can be a 2-3 day play, sometimes it can be intra day.... But know the strategy before...

So now you have your "fun" money, Establish the plan on that fun $$$...
So you have $2K for Spec Portfolio... maybe divide that in half... So your largest purchase of Spec will be $1K.... set a fair Stop, based on your plan...
As you get better at specs, and are consistantly profitable, then up your Spec Play Portfolio to $2500...
THe more you learn, the better you get, compounds on itself.
But always re invest proceeds from the speculative portion, back into the long term portions....
What I am saying if you start out with $2K spec, and it grows to $20K, dont have 50% of your account in Spec, and %50 in Investments... Take profits from the Spec side, and put it back into the Investment side..

As your overall account grows... keep spec at 10-15%, as long as you are profitable and having fun.

Again, thats just my advice.

hallett21

Reaction score
HYLN finally got some momentum. Exited my 6 April calls for a nice profit

Sitting here looking at SNDL may buy a few shares right before close

Edit: 2.6 Billion in volume according to Schwab. Robin Hood is not showing the daily volume. Wondering if it’s a glitch or them trying to hide the numbers. They show volume at 0.0

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

FUCK. I was tempted to go in with some 2022 LEAPS calls on hyln this morning....

Xring01

Reaction score

Edit: 2.6 Billion in volume according to Schwab. Robin Hood is not showing the daily volume. Wondering if it’s a glitch or them trying to hide the numbers. They show volume at 0.0

Volume... I think SNDL overloaded the RH system... thats why it say 0.0....
RH - IT Engineers are all WTF is happening... I quit....

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Lets say you have a $20K account... allow yourself 10% of that, for the speculative plays, as long as you have time to trade those trades. Sometimes speculative can be a 2-3 day play, sometimes it can be intra day.... But know the strategy before...

So now you have your "fun" money, Establish the plan on that fun $$$...
So you have $2K for Spec Portfolio... maybe divide that in half... So your largest purchase of Spec will be $1K.... set a fair Stop, based on your plan...
As you get better at specs, and are consistantly profitable, then up your Spec Play Portfolio to $2500...
THe more you learn, the better you get, compounds on itself.
But always re invest proceeds from the speculative portion, back into the long term portions....
What I am saying if you start out with $2K spec, and it grows to $20K, dont have 50% of your account in Spec, and %50 in Investments... Take profits from the Spec side, and put it back into the Investment side..

As your overall account grows... keep spec at 10-15%, as long as you are profitable and having fun.

Again, thats just my advice.
Great advice. I will never be much of a speculative investor. I hate big risk. What’s up with Apple?

Xring01

Reaction score
HYLN Chart
A few things to like... it is above the 200MA which is great news...

However Its been on a down trend for 6 months... which is bad news...

I think if it can get above $20 and hold for a bit, It may have some legs to go higher.... Especially in this sector...
Just to clarify... This would be a Spec Play for me, not an investment...

1613071791213.png

Xring01

Reaction score
Great advice. I will never be much of a speculative investor. I hate big risk. What’s up with Apple?

AAPL is pissing me the fuck off.... I got in at almost perfect enty, it went to close to $137, I am looking good... Then two days of sideways markets and it dropped... pooofffff... most of my profits have gone ppppooooofffff... I am holding for now, but I will not turn a Green Investment into a Red Investment... That bitch better do what its supposed to do, or I will be forced to sell and get back in later... Cause I am not happy with it at the moment.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
AAPL is pissing me the fuck off.... I got in at almost perfect enty, it went to close to $137, I am looking good... Then two days of sideways markets and it dropped... pooofffff... most of my profits have gone ppppooooofffff... I am holding for now, but I will not turn a Green Investment into a Red Investment... That bitch better do what its supposed to do, or I will be forced to sell and get back in later... Cause I am not happy with it at the moment.
It’s pissing me off to. I wonder if uncertainty about the chip shortage is causing the issue.
Or
Tesla bought a shit load of Bitcoin then the stock ranked. Apple is rumored to be buying 5b of Bitcoin. So maybe investors are getting nervous that Apple stock may mirror Tesla after the Bitcoin purchase?
It’s making me nervous I have 20% of my money in Apple

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It’s pissing me off to. I wonder if uncertainty about the chip shortage is causing the issue.
Or
Tesla bought a shit load of Bitcoin then the stock ranked. Apple is rumored to be buying 5b of Bitcoin. So maybe investors are getting nervous that Apple stock may mirror Tesla after the Bitcoin purchase?

you will be fine but diversified is usually best

Xring01

Reaction score
Or

20% - If you have 4-5 positions... all in different sectors... I dont have a problem with that at all... I have used that strategy to build the account that I am trading now.

But if you have 8-10 positions, and AAPL is 20%, then you might have to many eggs in that basket... for that strategy... you may need to reduce your exposure a bit in AAPL... BTW I prefer the 4-5 strategy, especially when I combine Swing Trading with it...

PLTR...
Holy shit... it has pulled back 20% in the last couple of days.... It may be semi spec play... hummm... I love the sector, love the business model, buts is a volatile bastard.... hummmm maybe pickup a 25% postion later today, hope it gaps up tomorrow am... But thats risky with the markets acting all kinds of funny lately... Or Risk trying to pick it up tomorrow after is gapped up 3%..... Anyway, these are the thoughts that go thru my head... What to do?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
you will be fine but diversified is usually best
I’m working on that. Trying to creep my way into Ford and back into Norwegian.
Had to sell my Norwegian to buy down my fuck up with BA. Now that I’m somewhat back in BA at a decent price point. I’m ready to try to spread it around a bit more.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
20% - If you have 4-5 positions... all in different sectors... I dont have a problem with that at all... I have used that strategy to build the account that I am trading now.

But if you have 8-10 positions, and AAPL is 20%, then you might have to many eggs in that basket... for that strategy... you may need to reduce your exposure a bit in AAPL... BTW I prefer the 4-5 strategy, especially when I combine Swing Trading with it...

PLTR...
Holy shit... it has pulled back 20% in the last couple of days.... It may be semi spec play... hummm... I love the sector, love the business model, buts is a volatile bastard.... hummmm maybe pickup a 25% postion later today, hope it gaps up tomorrow am... But thats risky with the markets acting all kinds of funny lately... Or Risk trying to pick it up tomorrow after is gapped up 3%..... Anyway, these are the thoughts that go thru my head... What to do?

This is what I am in currently. Most is in BA and Appl. I am selling off BA each time it hits 212-214 to reduce my position.
23EF7D6F-964E-4845-80A4-E97A663CAE02.jpeg

Xring01

Reaction score
My PLTR Chart - Daily.
Look at that Volume spike... Right at the Key Level of $33.24, which means to me thats a Key Level of Support...
Gonna watch it a bit... If it holds that level, it might be worth a small overnight risk for a 2-3% tomorrow AM gap up...

1613073304926.png

Here is my Weekly PLTR Chart.... This is how I established the Key Level of $33.24... Key Level means its a key area of support or resistance... Those are the keys to finding profitability... Why because thats typically where the volume comes in... When the volume comes in... The stock moves... If you are on the right side (Long or Short), then you have a higher chance of success in that position. So when you see me say Key Level... now you know why and what I am looking for... That $33.24 area... is key.... right now on PLTR... But thats doesnt mean buy long now, or sell short now.... it means sit back and see how its reacting to that level... Look for confirmation of Up/Down (volume and direction in that confirmation), and then make your trade according (Using the Key level and a bit more as your stop, you have to give them a bit of room or you will just stop out before the trades takes off) Which means you will not sit back and hope it comes back to profitability, while watching your account go lower and lower... This is a key aspect of developing your trading plan. (Entry, Stop and Proft targets, which may be the next Key level in the chain, and how fast it approachs it and the volume it takes to get there. If it gets there in a hurry, dont sell anything... If its taking its sweet ass time, then you might want to start taking profits on the way up. This will make you focus on the Candles... more speficially the tails of the candles. Does it have a long top tail or a long bottom tail, that tells you alot of whats happening in the price action. Is it making higher highs and higher lows, meaning its trending up, or is it making lower highs and lower lowers.. trending down... Is the volume steady and high, or is the volume going lower, all are key aspects of momentum trading.

1613074322916.png

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
New 52 week high on $HZNP today. Been holding for about a month now and earnings on the 24th of Feb.........what to do...what to do.....

Xring01

Reaction score
This is what I am in currently. Most is in BA and Appl. I am selling off BA each time it hits 212-214 to reduce my position. View attachment 971925

F - I liked it alot, prior to the news about Chip Shortages, may impact the ability of Auto Manufacters to build as many cars as they originally planned... So F my be a long term future EV play, but realize they will have to report earnings a many times before the EV Sales kick into there profitability. So what I am saying is... for now, until the Chip thing gets resolved... I am bearish all F, GM, CHryserl, Toyota etc.... But thats because I do not have faith that sector will do well in the next 6-9 months..... Thats how I look at it...

Here is a question that I have for you... Take all the stock symbols out of your head...
What sectors, have the best chance of success over the next 6-9months under the Biden/Global Market Economy?
Now what are the top 4 sectors... find the best in breed of those 4 sectors... When I say best in breed... ones that not only have a great fundamental analysis, but also a technical analysis... Like how I mark up my charts...

The above has been a huge portion of my success over the last 4-5 years.

Identify the sector first, then find the stock in that sector that has a high chance of success... Jump in at a good entry... Where my strategy wasn't great in the past... I used to hold them way to long... Now I do my best to ride them on the way up to a profit target... get out 75% at that target, let the other 25% ride... If that same stock drops back down and pulls back, and everything looks good, then I will re enter it for the ride back up. If not, then I move on to a new one.....

What Sectors do you think will do well. Lets as a group identify them, then lets see if we can get some good stocks in those sectors and discuss it all together, see if we can come to a consensus...

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
F - I liked it alot, prior to the news about Chip Shortages, may impact the ability of Auto Manufacters to build as many cars as they originally planned... So F my be a long term future EV play, but realize they will have to report earnings a many times before the EV Sales kick into there profitability. So what I am saying is... for now, until the Chip thing gets resolved... I am bearish all F, GM, CHryserl, Toyota etc.... But thats because I do not have faith that sector will do well in the next 6-9 months..... Thats how I look at it...

Here is a question that I have for you... Take all the stock symbols out of your head...
What sectors, have the best chance of success over the next 6-9months under the Biden/Global Market Economy?
Now what are the top 4 sectors... find the best in breed of those 4 sectors... When I say best in breed... ones that not only have a great fundamental analysis, but also a technical analysis... Like how I mark up my charts...

The above has been a huge portion of my success over the last 4-5 years.

Identify the sector first, then find the stock in that sector that has a high chance of success... Jump in at a good entry... Where my strategy was great in the past... I used to hold them way to long... Now I do my best to ride them on the way up to a profit target... get out 75% at that target, let the other 25% ride... If that same stock drops back down and pulls back, and everything looks good, then I will re enter it for the ride back up. If not, then I move on to a new one.....

What Sectors do you think will do well. Lets as a group identify them, then lets see if we can get some good stocks in those sectors and discuss it all together, see if we can come to a consensus...
Clean energy
Solar.

I know my company SCE wants to be carbon neutral by 2045

Xring01

Reaction score
Clean energy
Solar.

I know my company SCE wants to be carbon neutral by 2045

OK., great, Are you looking at the developers? Or the solar panel manufacturer???? or ??? What portion of that industry... Because I do agree that Biden is pushing Green all the way... I would like to find somethign thats not overbought right now....

CLdrinker

Reaction score
OK., great, Are you looking at the developers? Or the solar panel manufacturer???? or ??? What portion of that industry... Because I do agree that Biden is pushing Green all the way... I would like to find somethign thats not overbought right now....
Haven’t looked. Just popped into my head when you made the post.

hallett21

Reaction score
Houston we have a problem