WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Bought a bit of VTRS in the trade account....Have it in my LT and it is by far my biggest loser at about -13% Usually when I buy my biggest loser it comes back so.....

LET IT RIDE!

Xring01

Reaction score
RKT...
Its my baby today... ohhh my goodness..... small shares, but damn.... you can see my cost was around $33.80, and I still have 50% running
1614711369855.png

And my stop triggered at $40.49... I am out for now...
1614712232258.png

Edited later:
Yep, I played it again off the halt downside...
Watch it find support, got back in around $38.50, rode it up and kept moving my stop up with it..... It broke drown, triggered my stop for another $3 win.... Opened up.... after the halt for two minutes... sky rocketed up.. .Halted for the third time on the way up...

Its open again.. gotta go.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Told my buddy to get RKT 22 days ago at 25, he has been bitching about it for a couple weeks, he isn't bitching today and sold.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
DKNG
For those of you Long DKNG... in full positions...
I know one of you isnt going to listen... But others... Take a look at the below circles on my chart, and look what happens shortly after the RSI hits the 80 arena... The stock typically pulls back....

So I recommend that you take at least 33% or even 50% profits at this $68.50 level....
I expect it to pull back, hopefully below $65, even better would be $62.50... If so, I will reload on DKNG into a full position....

Anyway, thats my opinion..

View attachment 977795

APPLE...
I am now in a full position on APPLE on the pull back today...
Lets hope the markets are green tomorrow...

PLTR...
Uggg It did noting today... Up/down/up/down.... still holding

NVDA...
Bought some more on this pull back... full position.

NIO...
Starter size... but I may stop out, if it tanks, its sketchy at this level... Because if it goes lower than $44... it can drop into the $30's.... just because of how fast it went up in the last 9 months... but if this $44.50 holds, and market gets green... it has huge upside potential.... edited... stopped out of NIO when it broke $44 (it wass extremely small position).... on the sidelines now... it still has huge upside... but the downside risk is also there...

WMT...
It put me to sleep... I still only have 50% position... which is red... but its not giving me any signs of strength, to buy more... Holding for a bit longer... But if $130 level breaks, I will most likely stop out. This stock, should be steadily rising. uggg.

Daytrades..
RKT did well, DKNG... did better, NIO started out as day trade short... and was decent trade... but its hitting this $44.50 wall, which I kinda think will be long term support... So I shifted to starter long swing trade on NIO...

Moved my stop up to today's low on DKNG

Have held it for over a month and am up 23% in the trade. If I get stopped out at that level, I am not going to complain. Reload and look for a new trade to get into :D

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Thoughts on RTP? It’s a company that is developing electric “air taxis”, similar to drones. Definitely a long ways away from being profitable. Could be huge in the future if they pull it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
Thoughts on RTP? It’s a company that is developing electric “air taxis”, similar to drones. Definitely a long ways away from being profitable. Could be huge in the future if they pull it off.

Fundamental Analysis:
RTP is a SPAC, which is a special acquisition company. I highly recommend you fully understand what SPAC's do, and how they make $$$, before you Invest in any of them.

To me... SPAC's are trades, not investments..... because they typically have zero earnings. They are designed to raise money buy creating a publically traded company, which sells shares to create a product/idea. Majority are failures. The bigger issue, how long does the good ones, become profitable. Which means they are highly speculative... and I would only trade them... I would not invest in them, until they get closer to have a product that can be mass produced and approved by regulatory bodys. The better ones position them selves to be bought up or merge with other publically traded company's.

Technical Analysis
Only been on the market since Nov 2020, not much to go on, other than its dropped 70% off its peak, and trading at its opening price. Thats a pretty ugly chart.

But thats my opinion.

1614721724056.png

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Just talked to my buddy who traded some RKT options today. Brass balls on this boy!! He turned $10K into $115K in less than 24 hours.

He bought 100 3/19 $25 calls for $1.03 yesterday and sold them all in staggered amounts today and averaging out to about $11.50 a contract.

attitude

Reaction score
Just talked to my buddy who traded some RKT options today. Brass balls on this boy!! He turned $10K into $115K in less than 24 hours.

He bought 100 3/19 $25 calls for $1.03 yesterday and sold them all in staggered amounts today and averaging out to about $11.50 a contract.
The WSB guys kept saying to buy RTK options yesterday, I don’t know enough about them to dip my toes in. I need to start learning...

boatnam2

Reaction score

Bayliner into a Schiada, nice little play!

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Fundamental Analysis:
RTP is a SPAC, which is a special acquisition company. I highly recommend you fully understand what SPAC's do, and how they make $$$, before you Invest in any of them.

To me... SPAC's are trades, not investments..... because they typically have zero earnings. They are designed to raise money buy creating a publically traded company, which sells shares to create a product/idea. Majority are failures. The bigger issue, how long does the good ones, become profitable. Which means they are highly speculative... and I would only trade them... I would not invest in them, until they get closer to have a product that can be mass produced and approved by regulatory bodys. The better ones position them selves to be bought up or merge with other publically traded company's.

Technical Analysis
Only been on the market since Nov 2020, not much to go on, other than its dropped 70% off its peak, and trading at its opening price. Thats a pretty ugly chart.

But thats my opinion.

View attachment 977893

As always, thank you for your insight and advice. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say it is greatly appreciated.

Xring01

Reaction score
Moved my stop up to today's low on DKNG

Have held it for over a month and am up 23% in the trade. If I get stopped out at that level, I am not going to complain. Reload and look for a new trade to get into :D

There was some great news on DKNG..
Signed a deal with Dish Network... that poppped it 5% pre market.

Market Futures where up nice, but about 25 minutes ago... Feb Jobs report came out, and everything started selling off...
What started out as a very nice green pre market am... is now Red, and getting more Red...

Uggg. Could be an ugly day in the markets.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
There was some great news on DKNG..
Signed a deal with Dish Network... that poppped it 5% pre market.
Was definitely nice to wake up to that [emoji16][emoji16]

Might hit $80 faster than we thought. Going to continue moving my stop up every day using the previous days lows.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
All down in my trade account
FWDG (have order in to double my position because I chase falling knives....lol)
PRTS (waiting for Monday earnings)
VRTS (worth a shot as its the biggest loser in the LT account)

Best ones today for me in the LT account
JPM
VIAC
SYY
CVX

Overall having a decent day up with everything thrown in one pot but it is boring. Not complaining though

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
All down in my trade account
FWDG (have order in to double my position because I chase falling knives....lol)
PRTS (waiting for Monday earnings)
VRTS (worth a shot as its the biggest loser in the LT account)

Best ones today for me in the LT account
JPM
VIAC
SYY
CVX

Overall having a decent day up with everything thrown in one pot but it is boring. Not complaining though
I took the lose on FWDG and moved on . Hopefully it will come back around for you.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Dave Portnoy has an ETF listing tomorrow. $BUZZ. Apparently it uses an AI to analyze stocks.

www.investwithbuzz.com

That is probably a good way to diversify and ride with the reddit crowds-small investors of the world. It rebalances monthly. From what I understand it uses the chatter, AI....whatever you want to call it as the primary reason to buy-sell....not fundamentals.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
I am taking a beating today on my swing trades..
Probably gonna get stopped out on all them...
Its getting pretty hard to be a long term investor, when the market swings are this volatile.

I may just day trade... this is getting nuts... Pre Market up over 200pts, then down 250, then up 100, down 150...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Its getting pretty hard to be a long term investor, when the market swings are this volatile.

I may just day trade... this is getting nuts... Pre Market up over 200pts, then down 250, then up 100, down 150...

I am up another month of retirement today.....I am not sweating any swings in the LT account.

My financial guy says if the market drops we have plenty of money to add to positions and will do well on the way back up. He has done me very well over the last 30 years now.

Isn't volatility the day traders wet dream?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m watching trxc. It already ran up but if it comes back back in to the 4.70 range it might get me to buy.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Why would a long term investor care? They are devoid of the daily stress of a day trader during these daily swings. I literally don't care what happens on a day by day basis from a long term perspective.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
WMT has tanked. I own 40 shares at $148 ( ouch )

Do I hold and wait
Or
Buy more?

hallett21

Reaction score
UWMC is getting pumped on WSB.

Xring01

Reaction score
I am up another month of retirement today.....I am not sweating any swings in the LT account.

My financial guy says if the market drops we have plenty of money to add to positions and will do well on the way back up. He has done me very well over the last 30 years now.

Isn't volatility the day traders wet dream?
I guess I should have clarified... Longer Term being Swing Trades.... for this account.

DKNG... taking a beating after the open... High of $72.16 to $65 and falling fast.... 10% for the day... wow...

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
These days, long term means hodling for overnight. Get with the program.

Honestly... in this account... I dont think I will swing trade stuff for more than over night. Until volatility calms down. I am tired of giving all my day trade profits back to my swing trade negatives... This is starting to get old....

BTW... I doubt its going to happen.... but there is supposed to be another short squeeze on AMC soon.... Dont buy it until you see some serious volume coming in, and it breaks the high of the day.... It may not happen with this red day in NQ.

It worked on SPI, GME, BB, RKT recently,,, so it may work again.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Did OK today...nice recovery from yesterday. I tried to chase SOS a couple days ago from the low $8s...and it kept diving and I kept averaging down until I had about 4 times more shares than I wanted to, but I got my average down to $7.50. Slow start today but it took off and I sold 1000 shares at $8.80 with a plan to scoop them back up at $8.50 in a few minutes...but that never happened. I sold the remaining 200 shares at $9 and watched it proceed to drop down to low 8s.

I'm well in the black again and out for the time being...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Bought another 600,000 shares of FWDG....Now own 1m shares in a public company.....lol

Averaged down quite a bit and now up on that for the day.

I WILL WIN AGAINST THIS PENNY STOCK :)

All the LT stuff is doing pretty well and holding for the day.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I guess I should have clarified... Longer Term being Swing Trades.... for this account.

DKNG... taking a beating after the open... High of $72.16 to $65 and falling fast.... 10% for the day... wow...

Yup, got stopped out at 66.86 on it.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That last 1/2 hour took back about 60% of my gain today......oh well.....Its just a game I watch daily anyhow.

The trading account after that buying more of FWDG was down but the FWDG was up for me today.

Better days tomorrow peeps. I would expect a lot of come back from the NASD stocks. We will see

Tapped out on my trading account until I see what happens Monday with PRTS