WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Well....that end of day fucked me up :(

Yeah pretty shitty day for sure, down 6.2% overall. Got into GM at $56.85 and rode it up. Moved my stop up to $60 and got stopped out of it today.

Holding all these currently -

$FLGT has been super volatile lately. Big swings up and down. Should have sold yesterday.
$COG
$PHM
$ALGM

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
TipRanks I downloaded the app and like it a lot for analyst ratings.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mp had good earnings but I don’t think I’m going to jump in. Also want to jump into nnox but i haven’t decided yet

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I got no feel for today.....I bet it goes up or maybe down :)

PRTS was up good pre-market and now only up slightly.

Looked at about 10 stocks pre-mkt and there really isn't a strong sense either way on what is going to unfold today.

Good luck everybody

Last edited:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I have been day trading WKEY and TKAT. It’s been great so far.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Looks like TKAT has been a monster recently. Nice play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trey trades was making a lot of money on that during his live video. I’m too scared

I traded mostly WKEY. Made about $1,500 yesterday afterhours trading and about $2K today. I'm out as of now. Don't want to press my luck.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I should have bought some mp yesterday. Had a good run this morning. Oh well

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Vyne is down pretty good today. Tip ranks has it doubling. I already have a position but I think I’ll be adding to it today.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What is everyone thinking about Palantir.

Lots of hype out there.

Xring01

Reaction score
What is everyone thinking about Palantir.

Lots of hype out there.

I have it as a long term hold, and I am red, but I am not selling...
This will be a $50 stock in a year, and probably a $100 stock in 3 years...
But thats my opinion...
Why do I feel that way about... look at its customers...
The U.S. Governement..... Silicon Valley..... Wallstreet.....

Yep, thats a shit load of money that can pour into this stock, over a long period of time... That will drive Revenue, which drives profits, which drives the price of the stock up....

Again, thats opinion... I do own it for a reason.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have palantir as a two year hold minimum. I bought some sklz and nio today and probably will hold those a while too.

Xring01

Reaction score
Possible Swing Trade...
MU
WTF - I cant find any info on why its sold off so hard...
Chip Manufacturing is in short supply, therefore MU should be able to raise prices on there products, and still meet profit targets. Currently trading in the $85, with a $95 recent peak... so it has 10% ROI...
I am confused as to why this is so discounted in this market... I guess I need to look at AMD and see what they are up to... They have been oversold also... So it may be a sector thing...
But that RSI of about 15... wow... thats over sold.... there should be a couple of dollars upside for a short term bounce regardless of the swing trade... I do not have a position yet... but damn I am watching it closely... any signs of strength, I might buy 25% position.

1616517817928.png

Edited... PE Ratio of 32

Last edited:

HitIt

Reaction score
Possible Swing Trade...
MU
Chip Manufacturing is in short supply, therefore MU should be able to raise prices on there products, and still meet profit targets.

Other side of the coin... due to the chip shortage, there will be less demand for Micron parts because products that include Micron parts but also rely on chips that are in short supply will not be able to be made.

Xring01

Reaction score
AMD
Trading at $79ish... recent high of $93.50 ish...
Also has a 10% ROI, maybe higher... RSI is decent, but not as attractive as MU for a swing trade.
Its slightly below the 50/200MA, as to MU is alot more below... showing that MU is more oversold than AMD...

At this time, both are buy if you think the Chip sector will recover over the next 3-6months... if so, MU and AMD has 10% upsides, but IMHO.... MU is a better buy at these levels as of today...

1616518166891.png

Edited... PE Ratio of 38

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I have it as a long term hold, and I am red, but I am not selling...
This will be a $50 stock in a year, and probably a $100 stock in 3 years...
But thats my opinion...
Why do I feel that way about... look at its customers...
The U.S. Governement..... Silicon Valley..... Wallstreet.....

Yep, thats a shit load of money that can pour into this stock, over a long period of time... That will drive Revenue, which drives profits, which drives the price of the stock up....

Again, thats opinion... I do own it for a reason.
I am in the red as well. Considering buying more. Cathie Woods is all about this stock. I’m tempted to double my position of 75 shares. Staggered in of course.
Cant win big if you don’t risk much. Thinking the may be a good one to take a risk on.

Xring01

Reaction score
Other side of the coin... due to the chip shortage, there will be less demand for Micron parts because products that include Micron parts but also rely on chips that are in short supply will not be able to be made.

Chip shortage.... means the demand is higher than the supply... if not, there wouldnt be a shortage... The moment an imbalance occurs in the supply demand equation, the price changes.... shortages normally means price goes up.... overages, means prices go down.

Saying all that AMD is also down... so it appears to me that the Chip sector was probably overheated a few months ago, which has created what appears to be a discount at these levels.

I do not have a position in either at the moment... But I am thinking of a very short term swing trade on MU, just to pick up a a couple of dollars per share. It appears to be way oversold in my opinion. ....d

Edited..
Looking at the PE Ratios... AMD at 38, and MU at 32....
AMD is still a bit high for considering the average S&P500 PE Ratios...
MU is closer to being inline with S&P500, but it does appear to be oversold for the over sector....

If I am correct... and the PE Ratio of MU should be sloser to 35 - 36 area... furthers my analysis that it can bounce $2-$3 in the short term....
But is the risk worth the reward....

Meaning if you take this trade/investement... you would have to get in at $86.50 area, with a stop at $85.50 area, and take profits at $88.50 or higher, to make the risk/reward ratio work out in your favor...

So I am still on the sidelines... but this shows you guys how I look at swing trades, and how I do my best to determine whats a good buy, versus, over bought, oversold, or priced just right.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
I am in the red as well. Considering buying more. Cathie Woods is all about this stock. I’m tempted to double my position of 75 shares. Staggered in of course.
Cant win big if you don’t risk much. Thinking the may be a good one to take a risk on.

ARK bought in huge at $25/share... anything below that, means you are getting a better price than the best in the business.
I have been daytrading the shit out of PLTR last couple of weeks, didnt day trade it today though... Looks pretty stagnant...
Which means the daytraders are now leaving it alone, and the investors will take over, and it should slowly start to recover.

HitIt

Reaction score
Chip shortage.... means the demand is higher than the supply... if not, there wouldnt be a shortage... The moment an imbalance occurs in the supply demand equation, the price changes.... shortages normally means price goes up.... overages, means prices go down.
I will try again with an example...

Micron makes a lot of memory and image sensors. If the products that the memory and image sensors go into rely on processors (say from Renesas which just had a huge factory fire) that are not available, they wont sell memory and image sensors because those products wont be made. Micron cant' just start making processors to fill the gap.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
B7795E3E-E639-4E1D-9BD6-715402A726F6.png

If I had a significant amount of dry powder I would jump in, but I don’t. Not enough to make any money anyways

HitIt

Reaction score
BTW: I am not saying that MU or AMD are bad trades. Just giving you a reason that they could see downward pressure.

Xring01

Reaction score
BTW: I am not saying that MU or AMD are bad trades. Just giving you a reason that they could see downward pressure.
Exactly, if I had a crystal ball, this wouldnt be as much work.
LOL

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
In all honesty I should have sold Mvis yesterday. I’m still up but I’m beginning to lose faith in the company. Afraid it’s all smoke and mirrors. Didn’t really do any dd, that was one of my very first stocks.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Possible Swing Trade...
MU
Chip Manufacturing is in short supply, therefore MU should be able to raise prices on there products, and still meet profit targets. Currently trading in the $85, with a $95 recent peak... so it has 10% ROI...
I am confused as to why this is so discounted in this market... I guess I need to look at AMD and see what they are up to... They have been oversold also... So it may be a sector thing...
But that RSI of about 15... wow... thats over sold.... there should be a couple of dollars upside for a short term bounce regardless of the swing trade... I do not have a position yet... but damn I am watching it closely... any signs of strength, I might buy 25% position.

View attachment 984775

Edited... PE Ratio of 32
I haven’t watched the whole thing but think This touches on it. Fire in Japan or something. I’ll finish it in about an hour and report back

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Going to try to day trade HOFV in the pre market tomorrow. Wish me luck

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
didn’t like what I saw. Going to just double down on nio after I see what that’s doing.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Man.....Selling the rest of my VIAC was a good move. Down over 15% today

A pretty green day today.....

Biggest losers:
GIS
SJM

Gainers:
VLO
LYB
DOW
RTX
CVX

Last edited:

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Looking at the PE Ratios... AMD at 38, and MU at 32....
AMD is still a bit high for considering the average S&P500 PE Ratios...
MU is closer to being inline with S&P500, but it does appear to be oversold for the over sector....
I am very long AMD, short MU. AMD has returned (unrealized-bought 2015) LT gain of >85% annualized and MU returned >37% (unrealized-bought feb 2021) annualized.
Grain of salt with MU...very short holding time skews the annualized calculation ...the gain since purchase is only 3.84%
PE ratio analysis is classic but may not reflect the investor timelines that are utilized in more modern analysis. PE ratio classically used under assumptions in classic Schiller modeling are less and less reflexive of modern market valuations.
ST impacts for each are likely from moves in advance of earnings season...and don't forget AMD just voted on the Xilinx merger, so there are likely moves by institutions (and within each company's ESOP/C-suite/buyback program) in advance of the vote announcement at the 4/7/ special meeting

CLdrinker

Reaction score
ARK bought in huge at $25/share... anything below that, means you are getting a better price than the best in the business.
I have been daytrading the shit out of PLTR last couple of weeks, didnt day trade it today though... Looks pretty stagnant...
Which means the daytraders are now leaving it alone, and the investors will take over, and it should slowly start to recover.
I’m buying the dip but the dip keeps dipping!!!

Xring01

Reaction score
I’m buying the dip but the dip keeps dipping!!!

I am pretty freaking sure I have found the problem...

All the stocks you like... DROP.... like imediatly after you buy them...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but you have bad luck....

So please stop buying the stuff I own... PLEASE....

As a matter of fact... I need you to Short PLTR, DKNG.... even just 1 share.... lets see what happens...

Fuck... I am cracking myself up... LIke my choices have been much better....

THese are some strange markets.... which is a key reason why I have been mostly daytrading....

I was all ready to jump into MU, the moment it showed me it was on an uptrend yesterday... Just watch that bitch drop $3 more dollars today...

I am still watching it.... Its way oversold in my opinion now. But I am not buying it until it shows me that the drop part is over, and it consolidates a bit, levels the fuck out.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I am pretty freaking sure I have found the problem...

All the stocks you like... DROP.... like imediatly after you buy them...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but you have bad luck....

So please stop buying the stuff I own... PLEASE....

As a matter of fact... I need you to Short PLTR, DKNG.... even just 1 share.... lets see what happens...

Fuck... I am cracking myself up... LIke my choices have been much better....

THese are some strange markets.... which is a key reason why I have been mostly daytrading....

I was all ready to jump into MU, the moment it showed me it was on an uptrend yesterday... Just watch that bitch drop $3 more dollars today...

I am still watching it.... Its way oversold in my opinion now. But I am not buying it until it shows me that the drop part is over, and it consolidates a bit, levels the fuck out.

No shit!My account has been hovering around 40k for months. When Apple went up BA took a shit. When Apple tanked BA went to the moon. Then my Visa started gaining traction and I thought I was on my way then everything went to shit.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I killed it with WKEY and TKAT today. I bought WKEY yesterday at $10. Sold some at 14.50, some at 17.50, and some in the 19's.

I just picked up some GME. Looking for a quick flip.

Xring01

Reaction score
I killed it with WKEY and TKAT today. I bought WKEY yesterday at $10. Sold some at 14.50, some at 17.50, and some in the 19's.

I just picked up some GME. Looking for a quick flip.
GME....
I may day trade it if gets back to the $125....
Trading Plan if there is enough volume... uhhhh oohhh its there... be back in a minute

Well that didnt work...
Tried to play the $125 break.... and I stopped out for a loss... uggg.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
GME....
I may day trade it if gets back to the $125....
Trading Plan if there is enough volume... uhhhh oohhh its there... be back in a minute

Well that didnt work...
Tried to play the $125 break.... and I stopped out for a loss... uggg.
Looks like it’s at $132 now