WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

C08H18

Reaction score
I was rounding.haha. Back in my day a keg was $99-110.

I have 140 shares. To me that’s a good chunk of money.
i was in college in '76. i think we were buying kegs for $35. i've lost a few brain cells since then, so don't hold me to that $ figure.

MSum661

Reaction score
I have an order in for 2, I’ve never jumped in a IPO before so I’m just dipping my toes lol.

Just to be clear, COIN bypassed the normal IPO method of going public which would include the typical 90 day lock-up period restricting insider selling. Instead Insiders went with a "Direct Listing" with no limitations of selling their shares outstanding to the public investors doing the buying. Its Kinda "Wild West" anything goes unregulated. The only issue there is when do the insiders stop selling? My guess would be somewhere around fair value based on Price to Earnings or Price to Sales ratios given what they believed was fair value before trading started which was +/- $250.00

There is no hurry buying this....but eventually you have to if you like big wins. The implied shares outstanding is a microscopic 185 million.
Easy Money to be made with entry at around $250, JMO.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Just to be clear, COIN bypassed the normal IPO method of going public which would include the typical 90 day lock-up period restricting insider selling. Instead Insiders went with a "Direct Listing" with no limitations of selling their shares outstanding to the public investors doing the buying. Its Kinda "Wild West" anything goes unregulated. The only issue there is when do the insiders stop selling? My guess would be somewhere around fair value based on Price to Earnings or Price to Sales ratios given what they believed was fair value before trading started which was +/- $250.00

There is no hurry buying this....but eventually you have to if you like big wins. The implied shares outstanding is a microscopic 185 million.
BOOM!! And.......this......is......why......you......research......shit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

farmo83

Reaction score

Well see where it goes. I like COIN up to about 500. I bought at 325.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
1618522042080.png

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Kevin Durant bought his shares in 2017.....has made a 53X return based on yesterday. Wonder how much he threw in? If he threw in 1m that is now 53m.......The rich get richer.

I made a months retirement today so I am happy.....lol (not in the coin stuff)

CLdrinker

Reaction score
There is a video on you tube about Palantir being free??? Wtf?

in a meeting can’t listen to it.

xring have you heard anything?

Xring01

Reaction score
There is a video on you tube about Palantir being free??? Wtf?

in a meeting can’t listen to it.

xring have you heard anything?
I havent heard that, but PLTR is starting to tick me off....

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I havent heard that, but PLTR is starting to tick me off....
I just watched the video.
From what I understand is. Palantir is offering to extract and organize companies data for free.
Once these companies see how much data they have Palantir will then offer to pull info from the data to improve profits.
But you have to pay for that.

Also the ceo said they are willing to do this even during a dramatic increase in customers. Which hints that they are very busy. Maybe they are starting to turn the profit corner.

I bough another 5 shares.🤪

Xring01

Reaction score
I just watched the video.
From what I understand is. Palantir is offering to extract and organize companies data for free.
Once these companies see how much data they have Palantir will then offer to pull info from the data to improve profits.
But you have to pay for that.

Also the ceo said they are willing to do this even during a dramatic increase in customers. Which hints that they are very busy. Maybe they are starting to turn the profit corner.

I bough another 5 shares.🤪

I truly believe this is a buy an hold stock... I am not calling it the next AAPLE, AMZN or TSLA, but I feel the data analytics business model, will be a growing market for years to come. Due to the cost savings that PLTR can provide to there customers on the supply side, and the customer side, they pay for themselves by working with there customers. Making both companys more profitable. Which is a win/win... The moment that happens, profits normally come in nicely...

Bryan

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I truly believe this is a buy an hold stock... I am not calling it the next AAPLE, AMZN or TSLA, but I feel the data analytics business model, will be a growing market for years to come. Due to the cost savings that PLTR can provide to there customers on the supply side, and the customer side, they pay for themselves by working with there customers. Making both companys more profitable. Which is a win/win... The moment that happens, profits normally come in nicely...

Bryan
I completely agree. I don’t think it will be the next trillion dollar company. But I sure as hell think this company as tremendous potential. Look how PayPal has stayed relevant and useful for a very long time. The same guy is involved with this company.
Toss in government contracts, possible deal with Amazon and they saved airbus I think 50 million.

It’s a matter of time before Palantir starts raking it in.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Buy on Red days right?
In an effort to diversify I’m moving money into
Some ETF’s

I added to ARKK and ARKQ.
Bought VUG.

So now I’m currently with, and my plan.
APPL -will reduce it slowly move to VOO, VUG
ARKK -leave it alone
ARKQ -leave it alone
ARKX -leave it alone
BA -leaving it alone
PLTR -stop fucking adding to it asshole
V -leaving it alone for a long while
VOO -add to it
VUG -add to it
WMT -will look to reduce and move to VOO, VUG

2Driver

Reaction score
Picked up Altria this morning on it’s down news. In the mean time it pays 7% dividend.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
BA 🤢. Apparently everyone really liked that CFO that has been there forever and is retiring.

extending retirement for the brand new ceo is no biggie
And got an order for 15
737’s

Wish I had some money to buy this dip.

2Driver

Reaction score
BA 🤢. Apparently everyone really liked that CFO that has been there forever and is retiring.

extending retirement for the brand new ceo is no biggie
And got an order for 15
737’s

Wish I had some money to buy this dip.

Just picked up some BA. we’ll see.

My IBM at 119 is doing well and pays 5% div.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Buy on Red days right?
In an effort to diversify I’m moving money into
Some ETF’s

I added to ARKK and ARKQ.
Bought VUG.

So now I’m currently with, and my plan.
APPL -will reduce it slowly move to VOO, VUG
ARKK -leave it alone
ARKQ -leave it alone
ARKX -leave it alone
BA -leaving it alone
PLTR -stop fucking adding to it asshole
V -leaving it alone for a long while
VOO -add to it
VUG -add to it
WMT -will look to reduce and move to VOO, VUG
Do you like BND? I’ve been mean to sit down and write out a post with all my thoughts but I need at least an hour and I’ve been so freaking busy lately. Turn around trip tomorrow to grab that trailer and be back for work.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Do you like BND? I’ve been mean to sit down and write out a post with all my thoughts but I need at least an hour and I’ve been so freaking busy lately. Turn around trip tomorrow to grab that trailer and be back for work.
Just looked at the 5yr chart. No thanks.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ouch I have lost 2k since the 13th.

Green Day’s are much more fun.

Xring01

Reaction score
Quick Update....
Well, you guys will be seeing alot less of me in the future...
I am about to accept a new position with a new company, that will take up all my time for awhile....and it will require a bit of traveling...

Therefore I probably limit day trades, when I have the time, in the early am (market open), on my office days...
So I will get back into my long term and swing trades strategy's alot more.

Honeslty, I think I am more profitable in those. Day trading is tough... no doubt.

My current holdings are:
VIAC, PLTR, DKNG & CHPT.... adding to my positions the more they fell... Today is a good day after buying more yesterday...

I am overloaded in a couple of them, I will reduce my position to normal size by the end of the day, and collect some profits... Have more cash on the sidelines in order to pick up a good deal when it presents itself....

The reason why I have the above portfolio, is due to a swing trading strategy... As these get into profitability, and get over bought, I will reduce the position size and go back to my longer term strategy of 4 Best of Breed stocks in the Sectors that I feel have the best chance of success...

But at this moment... I am pretty sure, both PLTR and DKNG will be long long term holds for me.... CHPT and VIAC I bought because swing trading and they where oversold in my opinion..... hopefully I am correct.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Quick Update....
I am about to accept a new position with a new company, that will take up all my time for awhile....and it will require a bit of traveling...

Therefore I probably limit day trades, when I have the time, in the early am (market open), on my office days...

Honeslty, I think I am more profitable in those. Day trading is tough... no doubt.

My current holdings are:
VIAC, PLTR, DKNG & CHPT.... adding to my positions the more they fell... Today is a good day after buying more yesterday...

I am overloaded in a couple of them, I will reduce my position to normal size by the end of the day, and collect some profits... Have more cash on the sidelines in order to pick up a good deal when it presents itself....

The reason why I have the above portfolio, is due to a swing trading strategy... As these get into profitability, and get over bought, I will reduce the position size and go back to my longer term strategy of 4 Best of Breed stocks in the Sectors that I feel have the best chance of success...

But at this moment... I am pretty sure, both PLTR and DKNG will be long long term holds for me.... CHPT and VIAC I bought because swing trading and they where oversold in my opinion..... hopefully I am correct.
Good luck on your new venture

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Quick Update....

My current holdings are:

Good luck in the new gig.

Xring01

Reaction score
DKNG Update...
Overall, I think I have played DKNG pretty damn good lately... been swing trading and day trading it... Sometimes doubling my normal position, and sometimes I am down to 1/4 of a normal position.... buying the dips, and selling the highs (doing my best to) on daily basis for the most part as time permits...

Today will be kinda important for DKNG....

This chart does concern me on a few levels... Ugggg that RSI is showing overbought, hit the 200 day MA, and retreated... not good for short term...

We need DKNG to get above the 200MA, and start using it for support.... thats the yellow line on the chart...

So my advice.... I am still long term bullish on the position, however it will most likely be a seasaw ride before it breaks the 200MA.... If you position is buy/hold... then hold... If your swing trading it, and trade frequently, you might want to take 50% profits at these levels. If the NQ pulls back on friday, DKNG could get back down into the $57s or lower, and which gives you the opportunity to buy back in...

Again, I feel this stock will be back at $75 in the next 4-5 months....

Expect the markets to slow way down when we hit May 1st... the market term is "Sell in May and go Away", historically May starts a correction cycle... so by the end of the month (Apr), you really need to get your investment position sizes in order, with $$$ on the sidelines to buy stuff that will be oversold... I will most likely reduce all my positions to 25-50% by May 1st.... I will have exposure, but I will expect market to pull back... which I see as a buying opportunity....

DKNG Chart..
1619101488638.png

Xring01

Reaction score
PLTR Update
Wow... sad part, is my analysis for PLTR is very similar to DKNG...
For those that bought the dips, well you got paid.... For the buy/hold guys... well....
I hate to say it, but I think it will retreat a bit before it breaks the 200MA,,, but when it breaks that 200MA, then it will be a very bullish sign for a bullish stock thats been consolidating at these levels for a long time now. Which means to me... its due for a pop....

I am reducing my position to a Full Position, because, I bought the dips, I had 2x a normal position and higher at some points recently. Which dollar cost averaged me down, and now I am selling some for profits....

PLTR is the stock that I have the highest confidence in for the LONG TERM HOLD position... I will most likely keep as a full position, when I sell off the others coming into May.... A few good news articles... it can pop... Think about it this way... it has the potential for a 100% ROI... yes... from $23, all the way to $46..... By the end of the year or sooner... Regardless, huge upside....

Swing traders..... well RSI is above 80, meaning its due for slight pull back... uggg... which is why I am selling off to a full position.

1619103496136.png

Xring01

Reaction score
CHPT....
I literally just sold 100% of that position.... It was a great little swing trade for me...

Here is a Swing Trade Set Up/ trade that I just took advantage of...

My Support line that I drew at $19.87 cents, comined with all the chart technical analysis of RSI below 20, being over sold of trading well below the 200MA, gave me the confidence to pick it up at the $20 area.... I just sold at $22.69.... for a very successful swing trade.... why am I selling here... I made $$$ time to take profits, but as day trader, I see the NQ trending downwards, I see volume of CHPT slowing, so it will most likely pull back before noon today....

Combining this with my Day trading capabilitys, I am hoping that CHPT pulls back today to $22. teens.... area... if so, I will reload it for a day trade.

1619104121419.png

uggg
edited... fucking CHPT... I sold to soon... 20 minutes later... its at $22.95... Please pull back again.... please... let me reload on you.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
VIAC update:
Uggg... ditto on PLTR and DKNG...
hitting 200MA resistance, appears to be over bought for a swing trade... Therefore I am reducing my position and taking profits.... hoping this bitch pulls back to reload...

ugggg, only selling 25%, holding 75%.... I have to take some profits, because when it pulls back, I will feel stupid for not taking profits when everything Tech Analysis of the chart is telling me its due for a pull back... at that same time... this bitch is way way way oversold.... and could easily pop back to $50 area...

This one has me scratching my head... but I am selling 25% now.... I will probably regret it... uggg... I cant complain... seriously... its been a stress free swing trade that is doing exactly as I wanted, but please dont turn into a CHWY on me... when I sell then it pops like a mofo... What to doo....

Selling 25%... fuck.

1619104691425.png

Xring01

Reaction score
Damn...
Wow.... my prediction are bang on..... Wow.... Called those bastards... Told when I sold CHPT, and when I wanted to get back in....

Guess who bought more CHPT... at that bottom dip... owe yeah... gonna double dip that bastard today... NICE....

I think I like this combo of Swing/Day trading aspects...
Why, because I am only focusing on stocks that I feel are heading towards an up trend....
By managing my position size thru out the day, give me alot of flexibility and profitability, based on the daily (day traders) technical analysis of the chart and the fundamentals of the broader markets/competition etc, gives me a pretty good idea of when to buy more, and when to take profits...

I could get used this, but seriously, you have to be watching the stocks real time, and you cant be multi tasking... So as I mentioned, as I assume my new roll, I will not be able to utilize this strategy... Just swing trades...

But damn, I think I am on to something here... focus on the key stocks with the best chance of success on an upward trend, mix/match the swing/day trading strategys of managing the position size.... by adding to the position on the dips,,, selling off position on the peaks.... rinse/repeat, rinse/repeat...

I made some $$$ this week... loving it...

But honestly, its all about position size and reading the charts and getting a better understanding.. .this is not for novices at all... It took me about 6 months to get where I am at today... but its kinda coming together finally.... wow... Seriously, this is going to be very hard to teach someone how to do... gotta think on this a bit...

Regardless, its a good day for me...

VIAC...
I sold begrudgingly,,, and what did it do... pulled way back... it might be time to add more to the position..... rinse/repeat.... rinse/repeat...

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Damn wth happened? An hour ago everything was green for the day and doing well.
I just checked and a few things all dropped like bricks.

MSum661

Reaction score

Street news says its Biden's Climate Change Summit dribble and talk about higher taxes.
COIN is trading at a new low at $298.20

Edit: COIN $293.00 and dropping like a chainsaw.

Xring01

Reaction score

Well, my day trader instincts.... Based on many things, but I felt the NQ wasnt going to stay green, (and other things SPY, DOW, Futures, key stocks) it fought hard to get green, and couldnt hold, meaning people will protect there positions, meaning the market sell off....

I am glad I took the profits when I did, now I slowly reloading... bit by bit,,, but I have a Dr. Appt, and I cant sit here and watch all day, limiting me... Uggg..

Because if CHPT drops and much more... it may become a short.... yes, I would go in a third time today as a short if it breaks low of the day. Like it jsut did...

Be right back... gotta scalp this fucker..

OK,,,, I am back... that was a nice .20 cent / share scalp.... all out of CHPT.... for now Shit... markets are melting at the moment... whats getting oversold.... damn... to much shit to buy ....

Picking up some nibbles here... for future swings... Dollar cost average, hoping markets are done with this sell off...

SHIT... look at DKNG... who called it... its now $56.55.... owe baby.... its gonna give me chance to get more.... do it,,, drop bitch drop.....

Why do I have a Dr. Appt... shit.

Any daytraders out there...
CHPT.... Long - Key level will be to hold $22.... If markets go on an upswing, and CHPT is holding $22 or above, it has good potential for a day trade long.....
CHPT.... Short - Key level... low of the day... $21.30... if NQ is selling off and CHPT is heading downwards towards $21.30... enter at about $21.50, with a stop at $21.65, and take 50% off at $21.25, read the NQ.... if it continues to sell hold, and close another 25% at $21, let the rest run... If NQ turns around and starts an uptrend... then close and take your money and run...

Thats how I would DAY TRADE IT for the 4th time, if I had the time... shit.

If the markets remain at the same level... CHPT will pretty much follow the NQ... up/down/sideways for the rest of the day... again, thats all my opinion.

Edited...
I am on point today....
Called CHPT again.... wow... closing CHPT.... I am done with it today....

But DKNG.... its my baby.... owe so nice.... down to 50% position in DKNG right now..

Gotta run... good luck guys.

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Uncle Joe proposed what’s going to amount to a 43% capital gains tax.😡

Come on man, you got a pay your fair share.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I went from up almost $400 on the day to negative almost $300.

farmo83

Reaction score
If this goes through I predict a huge sell off and a run to real estate. Thoughts ?

2Driver

Reaction score
If this goes through I predict a huge sell off and a run to real estate. Thoughts ?

LOL I think that run has occurred. Cap gains is same for real estate as stocks, unless you are writing something off or taking the primary residence 250/500k exception.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Bought me some LAZR today......Lets see how this one does

PRTS hanging tough with some good runups the last few days.....earnings May 10th.....

VTRS.....Boring, boring, boring.....lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If you have DOGE its up about 16% premarket.....go get that money....

Thinking of moving out of VTRS and dumping that into PRTS or LAZR

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis is fun, hoping clov does something. Waiting on ayro. Nio might dip after earnings. I’d like to buy more anyways. Stpk merger that’s a long on term though. X stee moves up and down mp needs a little life but that’s another long term. I’m giving the become an etherium millionaire deal a try. See how that goes in a few years

CLdrinker

Reaction score
BA shit the bed on earnings. So I’m down.

Hoping PLTR has a good earning announcement next month.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Elon pumped it again. It is starting to fall back down. Also, being crypto there is no pre-market. 24/7 trading.

I did not know that on the pre-post market. I have never bought any though. I do watch it like GME a while back.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If you have DOGE its up about 16% premarket.....go get that money....

Thinking of moving out of VTRS and dumping that into PRTS or LAZR

Funny...last week I said fuck it and took my Vegas blackjack money for this weekend and bought in. I am not taking anything out, I am just going to sit on it. F it!!

3,307 Dogecoin at $0.272304

Well...at least that’s what I told my wife. I am still going to grind at the blackjack table this weekend. Lol

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
@OldSchoolBoats what does this mean in English?

A 1031 exchange lets you sell one investment property and buy another, deferring your capital gains. Under the proposed plan, they will only let you defer up to $500K of those gains and that means that investors will opt to invest heavily in Single Family residences, thus making the supply issue even worse.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
A 1031 exchange lets you sell one investment property and buy another, deferring your capital gains. Under the proposed plan, they will only let you defer up to $500K of those gains and that means that investors will opt to invest heavily in Single Family residences, thus making the supply issue even worse.
Gotcha. I was having a hard time understanding what single family residence was but in i got it now. I was over (or under) thinking it