WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

boatnam2

Reaction score
Another $80 billion for aapl, maybe it will go up 2 bucks this quarter.

Last edited:

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
AAPL up $6 after hours now settled to + $3.xx up after hours.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Rumors flying around about doge and Amazon. Could get interesting

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
AAPL....been saying it for 9 years now on this board.

HCP3

Reaction score
Not really a link. Money maker mentioned it in his video today and it’s always being talked about on the Reddit sub forum.

You think Musk is helping $DOGE with his Tweets only for Bezos to capitalize? Their rocket "feud" over the years tells me no way.

FishSniper

Reaction score
CTYX name change to CUBT tommorow should start a nice run from this level.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Should be a very good start to the day today. Hopefully it builds into a great end of day as well.

Good luck everybody

MSum661

Reaction score
AAPL it is doing what it has lately, nothing!

Amazing Company.
The sticking points for APPL, depending on your strategy, is that it trades at 36 times earnings and the float is now at a monsterous 16.7 Billion shares. The 4 for 1 stock split took a ton of tail wind out of it.
I like the company, just not the shares.

Xring01

Reaction score
No shit. Great earnings and still nothing.

any more rumors about Apple car?

Well thats the problem with alot of stocks now... With the PE Ratios being so high....

If they dont blow away ER and have huge forward looking income generation, then they are flat, and can even drop if they say one negative word on the forecast...

Short term traders have a saying...
Buy on Rumors, sell before ER...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Nice start to the day.....again I ask....lets see how it builds or holds onto these early gains.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Amazing Company.
The sticking points for APPL, depending on your strategy, is that it trades at 36 times earnings and the float is now at a monsterous 16.7 Billion shares. The 4 for 1 stock split took a ton of tail wind out of it.
I like the company, just not the shares.
Exactly!

Xring01

Reaction score
Where would you recommend moving Apple money too?

Do you own any AMZN?
If not, then you might want to consider it...
My theory... is the new CEO will do a stock split... if they do, and the cost of AMZN stock drops, it could do what TSLA, AAPL and many others have done.

There last earnings... was huge, They could be ready for a pop... regardless, they will be a steadily rising in my opinion.

If AMZN doesnt interest you, then consider a nice REIT, that has a big dividend... I looked at IRM awhile back... Stock price is a bit volatile, but the dividend it very nice. I think 8% if my memory is correct.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Do you own any AMZN?
If not, then you might want to consider it...
My theory... is the new CEO will do a stock split... if they do, and the cost of AMZN stock drops, it could do what TSLA, AAPL and many others have done.

There last earnings... was huge, They could be ready for a pop... regardless, they will be a steadily rising in my opinion.

If AMZN doesnt interest you, then consider a nice REIT, that has a big dividend... I looked at IRM awhile back... Stock price is a bit volatile, but the dividend it very nice. I think 8% if my memory is correct.
I do not have any Amazon.
I like your think though.

HitIt

Reaction score
Regarding AMZN and other retailers, I realize they are on fire with all of the free money and COVID reopening but I wonder how the chip shortages, price increases, and inventory shortages (due to shipping issues and material shortages) are going to impact them over the next 6 months. Thoughts?

Xring01

Reaction score
Regarding AMZN and other retailers, I realize they are on fire with all of the free money and COVID reopening but I wonder how the chip shortages, price increases, and inventory shortages (due to shipping issues and material shortages) are going to impact them over the next 6 months. Thoughts?

Chip Shortage, I doubt that will impact AMZN very much. Maybe in there Data Storage business unit, but not much from retail sales. There growth rate, will absorb the Chip Shortage like its was nothing. Again, thats my opinion...

To me... The big factors that make AMZN stock go up...
Stock Split...
If they ever get into home delivery of prescription drugs... Not sure if its possible, but if they do... there revenue would go thru the roof... and the stock price would follow. If anyone can figure that out, AMZN can.... partner up with Walgreens, CVS, etc etc .... damn, thats alot of money.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Chip Shortage, I doubt that will impact AMZN very much. Maybe in there Data Storage business unit, but not much from retail sales. There growth rate, will absorb the Chip Shortage like its was nothing. Again, thats my opinion...

To me... The big factors that make AMZN stock go up...
Stock Split...
If they ever get into home delivery of prescription drugs... Not sure if its possible, but if they do... there revenue would go thru the roof... and the stock price would follow. If anyone can figure that out, AMZN can.... partner up with Walgreens, CVS, etc etc .... damn, thats alot of money.

AWS is Amazon's primary profit center. It is 10% of its profit and 52% of its operating income.. and those AWS data centers are full of chips. If it hinders their ability to expand AWS, they won't absorb the chip storage like it was nothing.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis halted. Might get interesting. I’m still packed for the moon so that’s good 😂😂

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
WOW.....What the heck happened the last 30 minutes or so. I walked away doing a few things after being down all day and just chalked it up as a loss. When I came back in I had a pretty good green day at the close.

Anybody else notice that?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
WOW.....What the heck happened the last 30 minutes or so. I walked away doing a few things after being down all day and just chalked it up as a loss. When I came back in I had a pretty good green day at the close.

Anybody else notice that?

Yep. Decided to sell my position in ADMP for 0.90 and an hour later it was at $1.07.

Somehow I was in on COCP. Can't even recall why I bought it last year. Too bad I didn't sell it up 160% today.

MSum661

Reaction score
Anybody catch that COINBASE selloff early this morning?
The RSI plummeted to 2.65 the first half hour after the market opened which set up a new all-time low for the stock at $275.61
In 24 years of trading I've never seen a RSI hit a level of 2.65. That dump was Bigly....daamn.

Staying with my target of $250.00

C08H18

Reaction score

INTC won't impact AMZN's chip supply (i worked for INTC for 32 yrs, and the big guys always got what they needed. I would assume the supply chain behaves the same). Too much riding on that business.

The Federal Reserve is aligned with Biden to keep interest low even though supply can't keep up with demand. The resulting price inflation will favor Amazon.

I think that the AWS business is hard to beat and the marketplace will be growing because they have their own distribution system. Trucking industry is short 1M driving - Amazon will benefit.

I'm holding a bunch of AMZN i bought at $800 and expecting another 15% run up by Christmas.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Anybody catch that COINBASE selloff early this morning?
The RSI plummeted to 2.65 the first half hour after the market opened which set up a new all-time low for the stock at $275.61
In 24 years of trading I've never seen a RSI hit a level of 2.65. That dump was Bigly....daamn.

Staying with my target of $250.00
I was wondering were I saw that target. I was ready to buy this morning and thought about that number.

farmo83

Reaction score
Bought PTON on the bad news. In at 90 bucks, we'll see how it goes.

I like them in the long run as they bought Precor which I'm assuming is there in with Hotels, gym chains, etc.

MSum661

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a hedge or just wants to add a re-opening trade to your mix, check out the XLE.
Recently started to make a move with a lot of room to run.
Open up your technical charts with the 10 MDA and 15 minute frequency to look it over.
Not investment advice...just a JFYI for those looking for some potential steady growth.

Edit: Better trend views at 2Y and 5Y set at Daily frequency.

Last edited:

farmo83

Reaction score
Bought PTON on the bad news. In at 90 bucks, we'll see how it goes.

I like them in the long run as they bought Precor which I'm assuming is there in with Hotels, gym chains, etc.

Update: I left a limit in at 85 which triggered. Good on Peloton for a while.

MSum661

Reaction score
Update: I left a limit in at 85 which triggered. Good on Peloton for a while.

It could bounce back today. I have no position, just on a watch list.
Buy Rating maintained 15 minutes ago...

Research Alert: CFRA Maintains Buy Opinion On Shares Of Peloton Interactive, Inc
12:00 PM EDT, 05/05/2021 (MT Newswires) -- CFRA, an independent research provider, has provided MT Newswires with the following research alert. Analysts at CFRA have summarized their opinion as follows:

This morning, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and PTON announced they have come to an agreement where PTON will immediately stop selling and distributing the Peloton Tread+ and Tread in the U.S. and fully refund consumers who wish to return their treadmills. While from a PR perspective we think the voluntary recall is a few weeks late, we don't see it materially impacting PTON's growth story. (A majority of PTON's hardware sales are Bike and we see multiple ways to enhance safety to Tread, like a bar under the machine.) PTON will report Q3 earnings tomorrow after the close, and we maintain Buy with a 12-month price target of $170, 8.8x our FY 22 (Jun.) sales estimate of $5.7B (lifted from $5.4B), above the 3-year average comp of peers, reasonable given significantly higher revenues, appealing unit economics model, improving operating leverage profile, and economic moat due to integration of hardware, software, and content. We keep our FY 21 EPS estimate at $0.46 and lift FY 22's to $0.95 from $0.74.

C08H18

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a hedge or just wants to add a re-opening trade to your mix, check out the XLE.
Recently started to make a move with a lot of room to run.
Open up your technical charts with the 10 MDA and 15 minute frequency to look it over.
Not investment advice...just a JFYI for those looking for some potential steady growth.

Edit: Better trend views at 2Y and 5Y set at Daily frequency.
similar move by IXC today (3%) hoping it rebounds a little this year so i can break even.

MSum661

Reaction score
similar move by IXC today (3%) hoping it rebounds a little this year so i can break even.

You should be good at getting back to break even. Might even cash in the register with some gains. G.L.

GRADS

Reaction score
Here are my top 10 holdings in no order. Not saying they're right just throwing them out there.

AAPL, RBLX, CWH, POOL, BLMN, LUV, LEVI, NBEV, AMCR, CZR

badgas

Reaction score
I Don't see Apple being a bad buy/hold unless you are looking to be a trader or get quick gains. The only place I own apple is in my IRA that I can't touch for 7 years ( not that i'm counting ) so i'm not sweating it.

#getrichslowly

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Finally checked my portfolio from today and was really surprised to see the gains I had. I was expecting a break even day and somehow scratched out another 1.5 months of retirement :). Its just a game I play to see how I am doing but its been very nice lately for me.

Now if I could get these 3 rolling I would be even happier: PRTS, VTRS and LAZR

GRADS

Reaction score
I Don't see Apple being a bad buy/hold unless you are looking to be a trader or get quick gains. The only place I own apple is in my IRA that I can't touch for 7 years ( not that i'm counting ) so i'm not sweating it.

#getrichslowly
Exactly. If you're trying to get rich overnight stay away from AAPL but if you've got a few years from when you retire you can't lose with it.

JRS1939

Reaction score
We'll see how true it is....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-073033_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-073033_Gallery.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 59

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’m getting hammered. I have AFRM at 40 percent loss. I believe in the company and I’m trying to hold but I’m considering just being done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk