WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

MSum661

Reaction score
Anyone have any input on commodity plays? Was looking at FCX. Missed opportunity for sure not buying last year. I did pick up some Nucor last year which has done very well for me.

The only standout issue if I were to buy it is the valuations seem kind of high, market cap. PE, etc, and that 1.46 Billion share float.
Its at the top of a 5 year high and its already near a 52 week high so hard to say if there is any real fat left in it, but stand alone Copper is Hot and this is a miner and its already ran pretty hard, IMO. Strong company otherwise so I guess it would boil down to what your time horizon is. JMHO.

MSum661

Reaction score
So we all agree that Elon’s exit of BTC was because he got the heads up right?

“Green” crypto lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, Then on top of that It looks like there we're some "programmed" trades added in the mix. From who or where...anybody's guess.
Look at the bottom of today's low......boom, right on the money. That ain't a coincidence.

20210519_073446.jpg

farmo83

Reaction score
It shouldn't be an excuse to hang on to losers, but even great companies have correction moves.
$AAPL, arguably the greatest growth stock of our generation, had 5 drawdowns (performance off high) of over 50% and many other painful pullbacks in the last 20 years. M2/I don't own any shares currently for various reasons. Stock seems exhausted at $120-125, but few stocks have created as much profit as AAPL in the last 20 years. It also doesn't mean it has to do it going forward.

View attachment 1004180

Agree, how long to hold is where the science is.

I bought into a coal company a while ago at 4 bucks and sold 6 months later for 7 dollars and thought I was coming for Warren Buffett. 1 year later it was trading around 24 dollars a share.

I also bought into a medical marijuana company, made some quick money and decided to let it ride. Now it's basically worthless.

Halvecto

Reaction score
Agree, how long to hold is where the science is.

I bought into a coal company a while ago at 4 bucks and sold 6 months later for 7 dollars and thought I was coming for Warren Buffett. 1 year later it was trading around 24 dollars a share.

I also bought into a medical marijuana company, made some quick money and decided to let it ride. Now it's basically worthless.

A mentor of mine offered this: "Learn from mistakes, both losses and missed opportunity. But don't opine them. You didn't do what you now envision you had done, so don't think it was as obvious decision as it seems now. It's faulty human nature to "I wish I woulda" and calculate all the scenarios that didn't happen, rather than identify the marks of the one that did. It's ironically difficult to vault from mistakes and lucky success, but quite powerful. Make good note, build discipline and move on."

Last edited:

farmo83

Reaction score
Had some solid plays this week. The below 3 led the charge. I took Ford off the table as I bought it looking for a pop off the F150 lighting announcement. COIN continues to anchor my portfolio though.

F
PTON
LMND

C08H18

Reaction score
COIN i'm holding onto this one. I actually think it can rebound in the next year. Bull markets historically come to an end with investor Euphoria. Crypto may ride that Euphoria.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Been in on amc since Jan or feb. hoping to take some profits tomorrow at 50 and let the rest ride till next week

farmo83

Reaction score
COIN i'm holding onto this one. I actually think it can rebound in the next year. Bull markets historically come to an end with investor Euphoria. Crypto may ride that Euphoria.

Same

Xring01

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying AMC a month ago. And I was like no way those dorks hit gold twice.

Well fuck me!
Its a short squeeze, once the shorts cover, it will will back down.
You have to be very careful with the high risk plays... be sure to take profits on the way up if you a
ready own it.

I played it for from $18.71 to 19.72 today, just didnt have time to day trade it.

New job has me humping it now.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Its a short squeeze, once the shorts cover, it will will back down.
You have to be very careful with the high risk plays... be sure to take profits on the way up if you a
ready own it.

I played it for from $18.71 to 19.72 today, just didnt have time to day trade it.

New job has me humping it now.
I kept reading this squeeze was coming. But I figured it hard fir lightning to strike twice.

PLTR is fighting back and my BA is doing well. ARK and Vanguard are turning around barely.

Appl needs to get it together.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
AMC up another 17% or so pre mkt.

I would sell ASAP but suspect as soon as the mkt opens you will see AMC drop quickly.

good luck Vic. Diamond hands for sure.

i bailed on it a long time ago so i missed this squeeze

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
AMC up another 17% or so pre mkt.

I would sell ASAP but suspect as soon as the mkt opens you will see AMC drop quickly.

good luck Vic. Diamond hands for sure.

i bailed on it a long time ago so i missed this squeeze

well....so much for my theory. Lol

AMC up another 30% today

damn if i know

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Now might be a good time to get some LAZR. Heard a blurd today about Tesla going to stop using the radar tech currently used in their cars. LAZR is a different tech and have had communication with Tesla but no disclosure on what.

i am already in and thinking of adding to my position.

if Telsa were to announce they were going to use tech from LAZR it will explode.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve been following amc for a while. It’s just getting started.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Tesla is one I’d be careful with personally 🤷‍♂️ Musk is going to do more bad than good to himself

golakers

Reaction score
Almost gave in and bought AMC @ $35, thinking I was missing the bus. Looks like its starting to pull back!?!?!?!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Dumped my AMC this morning at 32... I'm feeling pretty good right now..Lol

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I sold 35 shrs of AMC @ $31.75 and going to let remaining 20 ride for a bit. Wanted to take profits and also make up for GME and NOK losses.

hallett21

Reaction score
I rode the wave 25 to 31. I got no problem making money off of squeezes etc.

But fact remains that AMC has 12 billion in debt and 10 billion in assets.

That’s a big hole.

June 2nd vote will be interesting.

hallett21

Reaction score
Anyone who’s wives are nurses FIGS went public today. They’re like the Lulu Lemon of scrubs. IPO was yesterday

Got in at 30.50 this morning.

Xring01

Reaction score
As I predicted....
Short Squeeze, what goes up parabolic, comes back down parabolic...
AMC high of the day $36.72, and currently falling off the cliff at $25.61....

These are great stocks for those that can day trade, but for those that cant watch them closely its very high risk.

Its 12:22, I think it has one more run up before close, then drops like a rock.

If it doesnt, then it has pretty high chance of running after market close’s. The final shorts that havent closed there positions will be forced to...

Regardless it should be volatile fucker last half hour of the day. If its not, then the short squeeze has run its course, I would not recommend anyone holding it over the weekend..

But what do I know.. just another idiot trying to make a buck or two when I can.

Again... ALL OF THIS IS MY OPINION....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
it’s far from over. I took profits but held enough to be happy next week. Next week will be a big week. If you follow the amc YouTube channels you know what I’m talking about.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Alright let’s do this. Amc moving a little, nio popped a little. Crypto can’t decide if it wants to to go up or down

Xring01

Reaction score
Possible Swing trade Idea

CGC. - its a weed play, that appears to have bottomed and may be on its way back up. If you take this play, be sure to stage your way in, on pull backs if possible...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Mvis is running too but it’s hard to watch anything other than amc

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve thrown vyne out there before. But I’m throwing it out again because I like what I see on TipRanks. I do own it but I’m really hoping it would dip a little more so I could get more
B8605B4F-83B5-461A-9F75-84A67059E24D.png

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Careful Vic. Take that money
Take a small piece as it goes up. I’m happy you are on the good side of this. Just don’t wait to sell at the crash. It’s not a matter of if. It’s when.

if you have less than a grand in it, I could see rolling the dice to see if it hits the moon. But if you have a large position take profits all the way up.