WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

Backlash

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that AMC is supposed to take off....but I've been hearing that same optimism all week. So, take it for what it's worth. Hahaaa!!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Bought back in CLOV in the 14's this morning. Looks like that's the bottom for today.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Apple just made a very interesting hire....

I’m buying more.

Meaney77

Reaction score
This thread has been really interesting to follow. I don't day trade but I've been following along with you guys.

So the million dollar question– how do you guys come across all these random companies that you follow? What are you looking for that makes them appealing to follow and potentially invest in?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This thread has been really interesting to follow. I don't day trade but I've been following along with you guys.

So the million dollar question– how do you guys come across all these random companies that you follow? What are you looking for that makes them appealing to follow and potentially invest in?
YouTube, Reddit, TipRanks, apprentices that come into my classes, friends, family, rdp.

Xring01

Reaction score

yahoo finance… download the app… create a watchlist of stocks your interested in. Then read the news articles on them, which can lead you down some interesting rabbit holes.

The next thing you know, you have a better view of global market place. What sectors have the best chance of improving in the next 3/6/9/12 months, Which sectors you might want to avoid.

combine that with stock analysis, technical and fundamental. Learn what all the terms mean when you look at a stock.

Its not easy, its time consuming, its work, but I do it for my future, and more importantly my family's future.

My goal is to fully fund my 401k, with the profits from this account. Any left over, continues to used in this account.

Biggest thing of all, fully understand the risks your taking prior to purchasing any stock, etf, bond, mutual fund etc. They all come with risk. Then establish your risk tolerance, how much are you will to lose before you sell and cut you loss’s. Always have a trading plan before you buy. Entry position, Stop, time period, profit targets.

Pm me if you want more of my thoughts on the subject

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score

I stay away from the meme stocks. Sure there is lots of money to be made, but there is a lot of money to be lost as well.
I’m sticking with larger companies that have been around the block a time or 2. I do have a stock that has been associated with the meme stocks.

Palantir, but look who started it. Peter Theil, he is a guy that started a company called Pay
Pal. He might know a bit about something lol. Palantir is a data mining company with huge government contracts. They may be a bust, but if they continue on the path they are on they will be huge.

Apple who don’t own something made by Apple? Now they might be getting into the EV game. If they end up making a car, who knows how high they can go.

Visa, what debit card don’t have the visa logo? Nuff said.

VOO
VUG
ARKK

long term set and forget it.

i don’t day trade, I only move things around from time to time.

hallett21

Reaction score
CLNE looks to have found it’s floor at 10.62-10.65. It’s hit it 3 times today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
My latest DOCU swing trade...
OK... The day that DOCU reported earnings. (A weekish ago) I picked it up after hours, because I thought It would bounce based on what I was hearing. Literally I bought 25% Position. The next day or so I picked up another 25%... I was hoping to get more but it bounced before I could. Anyway you can see my avg cost was $203....

And I sold some in the $220, I just sold some at $250, I got 5 shares left ( to me I call them runner shares in case it runs higher) I am hoping it bounces higher, but I will most likely stop out to protect my profits... Probably set my stop at $243 area... to give it a chance bounce to $270's... It might, it might not. either way, I am good to go. Cause I cashed in on the way up.

I hope this bitch drops below $220, and I rinse and repeat this cycle.

For the newbies.. This is how I swing trade. A key reason why I am selling... I think will most likely pull back,. The reason is see how high above its currently trading above the yellow line... Thats the 200 day Moving Avg... If you look back on this chart its rarely this high above, therefore it due for a pull back. I cant predict the future. But I can control my position size, I can take profits on the way up, and can plan for it to drop and stop out. That my friends is the trading plan... Got it!.... Now find me another stock to swing trade.. cause I love these types of plays.
1623432529987.png

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
Anyone else riding the WOOF wave lol

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Anyone else riding the WOOF wave lol

Yes, I got in and out of that today. The short interest isn’t that high so I didn’t want to hold overnight.
I’m in CRSR and holding for tomorrow. Going to pick up some BGS tomorrow as well. Looks like the next one to run.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
GOEV up 18% going into the close. Tomorrow is investor day, they rented out Texas Motor Speedway for the show.

Xring01

Reaction score
I didnt make one trade today, it was a red day for me. But I am not all that concerned. NQ made record highs recently, so slight pull backs should be expected.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Bought some (MAPS) at $17.40 this morning and some (TRIP) at $40.40

farmo83

Reaction score
Not really an equity fund but bought into DRIP. Believe oil will end the year lower then where we are at, time will tell the tale.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What’s up with AMC.
is it going to make another push or is this about it?

Not that I have skin in the game, just curious.

farmo83

Reaction score
I think hedgies went in on the call side. I think the gamma squeeze is over. That having been said I've been wrong on about every meme stock play I've made so full disclosure.

gqchris

Reaction score
What’s up with AMC.
is it going to make another push or is this about it?

Not that I have skin in the game, just curious.
I am about to bail on it but its been treading water a bit this week so keeping an eye on it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Hope everyone is going well this morning ARKK is doing good. Hope it stays on this track.
Apple is heading in the right direction

I’m up a bit over 25% since march 2020

hallett21

Reaction score
CLNE ceo on Cramer today. Lots of rumors of a UPS deal. Amazon has a 20% stake in CLNE and is going to use them to fuel their trucks.

Take it for what it’s worth

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
CLNE ceo on Cramer today. Lots of rumors of a UPS deal. Amazon has a 20% stake in CLNE and is going to use them to fuel their trucks.

Take it for what it’s worth

With meme stocks it’s hard to tell what’s really a catalyst and what’s just meme momentum.

hallett21

Reaction score
With meme stocks it’s hard to tell what’s really a catalyst and what’s just meme momentum.

I know WSB has made CLNE a meme but they actually have a solid business.

Amazon has locked in 53 million shares at $13.50 so they see growth in the company.

Can’t argue that a lot of stocks are out earning them 2-10x in the short term but I see CLNE as a 12-24 month play.

Natural gas is a realistic green energy that can be used today vs EV that requires trillions in infrastructure improvement.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
after closing today I’m up 44% since starting. Hope to keep it going. It was tough waiting out the correction but I’m glad I did

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
So far for me, only ones still looking good through this week is AGEN, SUNOCO, TTNDY(Milwaukee tools), and doge/safemoon surprisingly 🍻 hoping for a rally soon!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Wtrh
Any of you guys holding it?
I’ve had it on my watchlist I’m thinking about throwing 500 at it.
235FFD97-1F18-4F8F-97D2-09B9FA259B17.png
DA0BA19E-6975-4869-B715-59FF39B44288.png

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Got into weedmaps when they went public the other day.