WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Bought some more Cardano around a dollar. If it hits 250 in 2025 like some believe it going to be pretty stoked

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Bought some more Cardano around a dollar. If it hits 250 in 2025 like some believe it going to be pretty stoked

You seem to like the stocks that have huge potential.
What are your thoughts on PLTR?
It’s at $25 right now and more than 1 person is calling for $500 within the next 3-5yrs.

If it shits the bed and only gets to $100 that’s still a huge gain.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
You seem to like the stocks that have huge potential.
What are your thoughts on PLTR?
It’s at $25 right now and more than 1 person is calling for $500 within the next 3-5yrs.

If it shits the bed and only gets to $100 that’s still a huge gain.
I think it’s going to do well over the next 5 years but I do think it’s a little over hyped. I think I have like 15 shares just to kind of see what happens. I have a few plays like that right now that I just plan on holding till 2025.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I think it’s going to do well over the next 5 years but I do think it’s a little over hyped. I think I have like 15 shares just to kind of see what happens. I have a few plays like that right now that I just plan on holding till 2025.

Would you think the ability to track and access crypto currency accounts is useful?

They have a unique ability to manage air traffic and increase efficiencies, so much so they invested in an air traffic taxi start up.

The chances of success seem much greater than failure.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Would you think the ability to track and access crypto currency accounts is useful?

They have a unique ability to manage air traffic and increase efficiencies, so much so they invested in an air traffic taxi start up.

The chances of success seem much greater than failure.
Yea honestly i might roll some more of my amc profits into pltr. I’ve been looking at a couple to figure out what might give me my best return.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Yea honestly i might roll some more of my amc profits into pltr. I’ve been looking at a couple to figure out what might give me my best return.
Definitely take your gains from amc and put it in something less risky. Something that is more consistent.
I like Apple and visa. Long term less risk.

Seriously kicking myself in the ass for reducing my visa shares.

PLTR is my Hail Mary stock. I have 160 shares so if it does well I’m gonna have a big come up.

But if it shits the bed it will sting.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
@hallett21 forgot to post a picture of the class setup.
1332AF3A-A2F3-4888-95B4-03731734428A.jpeg

C08H18

Reaction score
Definitely take your gains from amc and put it in something less risky. Something that is more consistent.
I like Apple and visa. Long term less risk.
Seriously kicking myself in the ass for reducing my visa shares.
PLTR is my Hail Mary stock. I have 160 shares so if it does well I’m gonna have a big come up.
But if it shits the bed it will sting.

Before the last qtr announcement i bought 100 shares of PLTR and rode the cycle down and back up. Data Analytics goes hand in hand with AI/ML technology. I can envision a few scenarios where it could pop. I plan to hold and watch.

hallett21

Reaction score
At least one screen has teaching material 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

C08H18

Reaction score
I like to forget about the market during the summer while off drinking and boating, so i placed several buys order in early June that may do well in the last phase of this bull market with inflationary headwinds aheads. my strategy is to place a buy order at roughly the 5 day low point and hope that market turbulence hits (which it has!).

Here are the excuted buys that have done well the past 3 weeks: ADBE, ASML, BSX, COST, CSCO, JPM, LLY, MDT, ORCL, PPRUY, PYPL, SBUX, TMO, XOM.

I've had some of those buys loose money the past few weeks: CAT, COF, LRCX, TOELY, TSM, UNP.
And my unfilled and outstanding orders are for AAPL, AMD, V, MA, EW, TCEHY.

Overall 3 week performance on these have been +1.25%. IMHO, good enough to continue my boating and drinking vices.

hallett21

Reaction score
Lol CLOV getting bumped again. I mean do you really want to bet against the Clintons?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Day traded pollo loco this morning. News about drone delivery

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m doing well
ARKK
V
BA
PLTR

These are all doing well.

Xring01

Reaction score
My latest DOCU swing trade...
OK... The day that DOCU reported earnings. (A weekish ago) I picked it up after hours, because I thought It would bounce based on what I was hearing. Literally I bought 25% Position. The next day or so I picked up another 25%... I was hoping to get more but it bounced before I could. Anyway you can see my avg cost was $203....

And I sold some in the $220, I just sold some at $250, I got 5 shares left ( to me I call them runner shares in case it runs higher) I am hoping it bounces higher, but I will most likely stop out to protect my profits... Probably set my stop at $243 area... to give it a chance bounce to $270's... It might, it might not. either way, I am good to go. Cause I cashed in on the way up.

I hope this bitch drops below $220, and I rinse and repeat this cycle.

For the newbies.. This is how I swing trade. A key reason why I am selling... I think will most likely pull back,. The reason is see how high above its currently trading above the yellow line... Thats the 200 day Moving Avg... If you look back on this chart its rarely this high above, therefore it due for a pull back. I cant predict the future. But I can control my position size, I can take profits on the way up, and can plan for it to drop and stop out. That my friends is the trading plan... Got it!.... Now find me another stock to swing trade.. cause I love these types of plays.
View attachment 1012419

Damn.... well fucking played... I am now 100% out of DOCU... Nailed that bitch.
Made a trading plan, stuck with it, Why cant all my swing trades go like this one... It sure feels good when one goes to plan, they rarely do, but when they do.. NICE...
1624546189324.png

Out my final 5 shares above $280.... Reason... Look at how high DOCU is abobe the 200MA... I think its due for a pull back... If it pulls back hard enough.. Then I will rinse and repeat that bit.... Just like DKNG, and many others I like...

Another stock that I have been playing recently is CGC... I just took some serious profits on it a few moments ago. But I still have a significant portion. Take alook at that chart, if you interested, stage your way in and get 25% position on any pullbacks...

Another key thing... the NQ is pretty extended and could pull back, therefore if it does, the tech sector could also pull back... Which means, make sure you have money one the side lines to buy the dips.... And manage your position sizes.

Overall I do not have alot of exposure in the overall market right now in this account. I have a few smaller positions. I am hoping for a nice pull back. If I get it, then I will buy those dips....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My ev plays are doing nice. Nio, fisker, and chargepoint. I bought an etherium coin at around 1800 so hopefully that holds. Things seem to be moving in the right direction. Stem is doing well pltr. I need holicity vyne and ayro to get on track.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If it wasn’t for the bad news in the 777x I would be ok.
not sure why everyone panicked BA was expecting certification in 2023 anyways.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Dumped my PRTS today.....I lost patience. Made about 9% but held it longer than I wanted. Watch it shoot up to $25. over the next week now.....lol

VTRS....Have a sell order in for 14.50. Time to move on from this one as well. About a 9.5% gain for me.

LAZR.....Waiting for more of a drop and then I think I may go all in on it......

Hope everybody is making their way thru the mind fields safely out there.....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My ev plays are doing nice. Nio, fisker, and chargepoint. I bought an etherium coin at around 1800 so hopefully that holds. Things seem to be moving in the right direction. Stem is doing well pltr. I need holicity vyne and ayro to get on track.
Hol is finally moving a little bit. Ticker symbol changes tomorrow. Nio and eth are doing nice

Xring01

Reaction score
Market is doing as I expected coming into a long weekend/ and wrapping up the 2Q...

A couple of swing trades you guys can consider that all have 10% in them...
GM, DKNG, CGC, QS.... you know my rules by now. buy on pull backs, stage your way in if you take them...

I would advise with smaller position sizes due to the fact that NQ, SP500 etc are all trading at all time highs. Therefore the market could pull back if it does, I would expect a 10% pullback would be a healthy for this bull market to continue.

So, Its still a bull market, but be cautious, have some $$$ on the sidelines to buy the dips that should be coming. If a couple of the big boys miss earnings, then the market will pull back.

Right now I have about 1/3 of this account exposed, with 2/3 waiting for a great opportunity to present it self.

Anyway thats my thoughts/opinions and I wish you guys luck heading into the 3rd QTR.

C08H18

Reaction score
Market is doing as I expected coming into a long weekend/ and wrapping up the 2Q...

A couple of swing trades you guys can consider that all have 10% in them...
GM, DKNG, CGC, QS.... you know my rules by now. buy on pull backs, stage your way in if you take them...

Hey @Xring01 Would like to understand what you see in GM to indicate 10% opportunity. Market didn't move after their +40% Q2 sales report. Investors likely expected this and drove the run up this year as the supply chain remedies apply. i actually see an opportunity to short GM right now.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Been saying it for a while and now analysts are saying the same thing. High growth stocks and spacs are back. I mentioned HOL ticker changed today and I’ve made a nice gain on the shares I picked up last week and this morning

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Saw 15 but I’m sure there’s some profit taking

C741F8A3-D9BF-4BB1-B218-F3A7FAECA65B.jpeg

Long hold for me. 2025 it should explode

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I mentioned my ev plays nio chpt fisker and cciv. Keep your eyes on them for a pull back. Still a lot of room to run imo these are long hold though. 2025 Ish.

farmo83

Reaction score
I swear a guy I went to grad school with has a crystal ball. Last month he mentioned he took a flyer position on EDIT. Up almost 50%.

Xring01

Reaction score
Hey @Xring01 Would like to understand what you see in GM to indicate 10% opportunity. Market didn't move after their +40% Q2 sales report. Investors likely expected this and drove the run up this year as the supply chain remedies apply. i actually see an opportunity to short GM right now.
IN MY OPINION....
This Chart speaks for itself.....
GM has been on a bulllish upward trend for many many months.....
Look at my red lines... see how it gets close to the 200 MA yellow line, what happens shortly after.... It makes a new high.... Where is it now, where is is likely headed. Why do I say that, because patterns tend to repeat themselves. Not always, but frequently enough. Bad news changes everything. As long as there is no bad news, I believe it will get back to $65.
Its in a hot sector EV.... They will be talking up the EV Sierra in the next month or so... Buy on rumor, sell on news...

Those are my reasons, and I have a 50% position now, hoping it drops to $58even today, if it does, I might pick up another 25%....
This would be a swing trade, not a buy and hold for me.

1625238464347.png

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Went ahead and moved all my PRTS and VTRS funds into additional shares of LAZR at 20.85.

Lets start rolling LAZR....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The Feds meeting minutes come out at 11am west coast time.

That’s it. I knew it was something. Hopefully see some recovery in the afternoon

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Makes me happy I was tagged a pattern day trader last week after I made my money and dumped everything…now I can’t lose money for a while. Lol

that clock and all??? Lol

Xring01

Reaction score
Swing Trade.... DKNG.... I am liking this pull back.... below the 200 and 50 MA, and very very low RSI.... Need to do a bit more research...

If it gets to below $47..... I might take a tester 25% position.... I will try to post my chart later today....
Wow is looks way over sold... could pop on Monday... I just hope I have time to look into it further today...

Look what GM did this AM.... owe yeah.... thats why we buy the dips..... buy the fucking dips...

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm going with the very volatile SQQQ. Told a friend about it and he's already made a bit, but I'm thinking we will be seeing red for a bit longer.