WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

Xring01

Reaction score
Now thats a trading Plan, executed.... NICE...
1628175867871.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Now thats a trading Plan, executed.... NICE...
View attachment 1033952
What kind of profits are you seeing on plays like this. I’m thinking about trying some different strategies but only if they make sense. I’m still not sure how the taxes are going to effect my profits from day trading or swing trading. Might make it not worth it.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
36% on astra today. I threw that one out a week or two ago. I’m long on that one but I loaded the boat in the low 8’s so I’m going to take some profits on that and then keep holding till 2025-2030

Xring01

Reaction score
What kind of profits are you seeing on plays like this. I’m thinking about trying some different strategies but only if they make sense. I’m still not sure how the taxes are going to effect my profits from day trading or swing trading. Might make it not worth it.

This one was 50cents a share average on the entire postition. If I had more time, and not multitasking... I could have gotten more....
Taxs... short term capital gains. on quick trades.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Another member here made a ton on ZY this morning. I am just making back my losses from CLNE. Thinking some of my doomsday thinking friends may be right that we are moving toward a more downward trending market. Still plenty of great ways to make money on the downturn, but I think day trading may be a better bet than swing trading.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Another member here made a ton on ZY this morning. I am just making back my losses from CLNE. Thinking some of my doomsday thinking friends may be right that we are moving toward a more downward trending market. Still plenty of great ways to make money on the downturn, but I think day trading may be a better bet than swing trading.

We are entering the traditionally bearish time of year anyway.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Just watched some commentators talk about how well the market is doing. Everything is up and breaking through highs. Every sector of the market. It’s not just the mega cap companies driving the market up. Looking at credit card defaults/ debt, they are at really low levels. There is no crash coming in the near future. If you liquidate, you are missing on profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
Swing Trade for the big money players.

AMZN... Damn, its very difficult to purchase AMZN at a 10% discount. We are at a 10% discount right now. I am not saying to go all in,

If you get in now, stage your way in, and pay close attention to the $3300 level. as long as it stays above that you are good to go. If it drops below $3300 then it could drop another $100 pretty quick. Thats the bad news.... The good news, getting in hear with a 52 week high of $3750, $400/share ROI... over 10%.

This will not be a quick win, I expect it to take a a month or two. but as we get closer to the holidays, add in another CV19 lock down and AMZN can easily get back to its high if not higher.

BTW... I do not own any shares right now. I am planning to "bottom pick it today on the Nasdaq down day..... buying this dip. I have key level of $345ish and hoping it gets to it and bounces up. If so, I will get in 25% ish.... cause this fucker is exxpenssssive....
1628259170578.png

Xring01

Reaction score
Damn....
I have a buy order in at $3345.50... missed it by 66cents.... fuck... I tried.... may have to pay a higher price....
Showing you that I have a trading plan and do my best to make it happen....
Showing my key levels, my charts, most importantly why I believe the plan has a chance of success, and a good place to stop out.

One thing to note... that that key level of $3345 ish.... why I want to buy at that level....

For home work... those that want to learn. I highly recommend you go on to youtube... watch some videos on what is a key level and how to identify them. Why they are important.

1628260374235.png

Got filled. lets see if it keeps this, or drops to the next Key Level..... I will buy again at $3300....

Last edited:

DoughBallin14

Reaction score

AMZN... Damn, its very difficult to purchase AMZN at a 10% discount. We are at a 10% discount right now. I am not saying to go all in,

If you get in now, stage your way in, and pay close attention to the $3300 level. as long as it stays above that you are good to go. If it drops below $3300 then it could drop another $100 pretty quick. Thats the bad news.... The good news, getting in hear with a 52 week high of $3750, $400/share ROI... over 10%.

This will not be a quick win, I expect it to take a a month or two. but as we get closer to the holidays, add in another CV19 lock down and AMZN can easily get back to its high if not higher.

BTW... I do not own any shares right now. I am planning to "bottom pick it today on the Nasdaq down day..... buying this dip. I have key level of $345ish and hoping it gets to it and bounces up. If so, I will get in 25% ish.... cause this fucker is exxpenssssive.... View attachment 1034408
I am always reading and trying to learn! Small timer over here haha. This is cool to see and read peoples perspective on certain stocks.
I feel pretty comfortable for the future on AMZN I purchased $500 worth at $3015 back in march or April. Shoulda done more haha 👍🏽

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
I’ve been throwing a couple hundred a week at it. My 6k dollar vacation check went to etherium at 1780. I’m loving it right now

Looks like a nice etherium rally this morning. Portfolio should be looking good today 👍🏽🍻

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Looks like a nice etherium rally this morning. Portfolio should be looking good today 👍🏽🍻
even my doge is coming back to life. I hold doge Bitcoin etherium Shiba safemoon ADA and matic. Crypto is coming back to life.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
even my doge is coming back to life. I hold doge Bitcoin etherium Shiba safemoon ADA and matic. Crypto is coming back to life.
Good video thanks!
I am in ether, ether classic(just cashed out this morning), staked in ether 2.0, safemoon, doge, bit, icp, and xlm(stellar).

This week i spent excessive amounts of time in traffic so i caught up on some podcast and i heard the armchair expert interview with ashton Kutcher and mila kunis and they got me looking more into the flexibility and growth of etherium and possibilities of it beating out bitcoin for the future. Also got to listen to Tom Bilyeus interview with Ramit Sethi, pretty damn good perspective since i am still younger and have some good amount of time on how to build up the retirement and not get wrapped up in the quick flips and to trust the s&p growth!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Good video thanks!
I am in ether, ether classic(just cashed out this morning), staked in ether 2.0, safemoon, doge, bit, icp, and xlm(stellar).

This week i spent excessive amounts of time in traffic so i caught up on some podcast and i heard the armchair expert interview with ashton Kutcher and mila kunis and they got me looking more into the flexibility and growth of etherium and possibilities of it beating out bitcoin for the future. Also got to listen to Tom Bilyeus interview with Ramit Sethi, pretty damn good perspective since i am still younger and have some good amount of time on how to build up the retirement and not get wrapped up in the quick flips and to trust the s&p growth!
Stock moe has some really good videos on why eth will pass Bitcoin. All I got from Ashton and mila is that they don’t shower everyday which I think is pretty gross 😂😂

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Stock moe has some really good videos on why eth will pass Bitcoin. All I got from Ashton and mila is that they don’t shower everyday which I think is pretty gross 😂😂
Ah ya i will catch up on some of his vids
Haha that one got me also!! Makes me think a bit different. Still just hot enough for me lol just try and not think about the fishy possibility 😎

boatnam2

Reaction score
Itys funny when crypto is in the toilet you don't here shit( past 3 months), soon as its moves every tom, dick and harry explains to you how one is going to be worth way more than the other one depending on what they have a boat load of.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Itys funny when crypto is in the toilet you don't here shit( past 3 months), soon as its moves every tom, dick and harry explains to you how one is going to be worth way more than the other one depending on what they have a boat load of.
Stock moe has never stopped talking about eth. Neither has Kevin or stock up w Larry Jones either. If anything they just gave me more reasons to buy the dip and I scored etherium at that July 18 low by listening to them so I can’t really complain. Of course it could always go crashing right back down but I’m really hoping to see eth hit that 7k then 10k

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Had some good ups today for sure especially after hours and it got me to break even on my all time investment 👍🏽

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I watch a lot of stock up with Larry jones. I’m in on some of the infrastructure plays. And of course everyone knows I love me some crypto now.

Xring01

Reaction score
BLNK is setting up for a swing trade...
Hoping it drops to $34.50 area... If so I may take 25% position.... That would put it right on the 200MA line, and a low RSI, would be technical indicators for a bounce back up. To ar $37.50 area or higher...

Not the best ROI. but I do like that its been trending up consistantly since Jul... If it continues that trend and we buy the dips, it could be a fairly safe swing trade.

1628691794795.png

Xring01

Reaction score

BTW... I do not own any shares right now. I am planning to "bottom pick it today on the Nasdaq down day..... buying this dip. I have key level of $345ish and hoping it gets to it and bounces up. If so, I will get in 25% ish.... cause this fucker is exxpenssssive.... View attachment 1034408

Watch AMZN today... its right at that $3300 level... now...

Xring01

Reaction score
BLNK is setting up for a swing trade...
Hoping it drops to $34.50 area... If so I may take 25% position.... That would put it right on the 200MA line, and a low RSI, would be technical indicators for a bounce back up. To ar $37.50 area or higher...

Not the best ROI. but I do like that its been trending up consistantly since Jul... If it continues that trend and we buy the dips, it could be a fairly safe swing trade.

View attachment 1036500

Good News: My prediction was it would drop to $34.50 was spot on.
Bad News: Its earnings day, which is a key reason for this sell off.

So I would not recommend buying at this point. Because if they mess up the earnings report it could drop alot, or if the knock it out of the park, it could go up significantly. Which means this is more of a long shot earnings play, not a true swing trade....

So hold off if you long term player... see what earning report brings....

Short Term players... well you know what your getting into....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

So I would not recommend buying at this point. Because if they mess up the earnings report it could drop alot, or if the knock it out of the park, it could go up significantly. Which means this is more of a long shot earnings play, not a true swing trade....

Earnings reports have been weird lately. Almost like a delayed effect

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If you like crypto keep an eye on xrp. It’s ran a bunch already but I think it’s setting up to pop. I’m long on xrp ada eth and matic

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
If you like crypto keep an eye on xrp. It’s ran a bunch already but I think it’s setting up to pop. I’m long on xrp ada eth and matic
Wasn’t XRP involved in a lawsuit which was holding the price down? Has it cleared the suit yet?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Didn’t go too well

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Xrp I have 3 weeks as a date written down in my notebook

Xring01

Reaction score
PLTR let’s go!!!!

I have a feeling PLTR is my next AMZN, NFLX $$$ Maker.... 10 years from now when its at $250, we will be laughing our ass's off.... Thats only assuming less than 10% growth... What happens if they are at 30% growth????

Its a good day, cause I have been upside down on it in my long term accounts. Good to getting back to green.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I have a feeling PLTR is my next AMZN, NFLX $$$ Maker.... 10 years from now when its at $250, we will be laughing our ass's off.... Thats only assuming less than 10% growth... What happens if they are at 30% growth????

Its a good day, cause I have been upside down on it in my long term accounts. Good to getting back to green.

i think the more time goes by the bigger the profits for them. I bet in 10yrs everyone will have heard of Palantir

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
pltr stem astra all long term plays I feel will do very very well. I’m afraid pltr might go meme stock though and I’m not sure that’s going to be good. It gets a ton of attention on YouTube

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Analyst still don’t like it but maybe it’s still too early.
5DB839E2-62BC-4DF3-97C8-8EF10DB36434.png

Xring01

Reaction score
Analyst still don’t like it but maybe it’s still too early.
View attachment 1036921

Yep, and did the analyst call TSLA, AMZN, NFLX, Paypal, etc etc etc right... Nope not fucking one of them. Being ahead of the analysts, is where the true money can be made. Once they get on board and tell the world about it, the price moves imediately. If you didnt own it before. You cant buy it now.

Thats why I like swing trading. Takes alot of the analysts aspects out of the equation. Breaks stuff down to the fundamentals of markets and emotions. Thats one key thing that most people do not understand about the markets. ITS ALL ABOUT EMOTIONS..... Which drives the ups/downs.

PLTR is not a swing trade for me at all. Its a very very long term investment. One that I have very high confidence in. No I dont have all my eggs in one basket. I have them spread around. But I do have sufficient eggs in the PLTR basket.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yep, and did the analyst call TSLA, AMZN, NFLX, Paypal, etc etc etc right... Nope not fucking one of them. Being ahead of the analysts, is where the true money can be made. Once they get on board and tell the world about it, the price moves imediately. If you didnt own it before. You cant buy it now.

Thats why I like swing trading. Takes alot of the analysts aspects out of the equation. Breaks stuff down to the fundamentals of markets and emotions.

PLTR is not a swing trade for me at all. Its a very very long term hold. One that I have very high confidence in. No I dont have all my eggs in one basket. I have them spread around. But I do have sufficient eggs in the PLTR basket.

Stem... I think its tanked today, down 10% right?
More than 10% earnings didn’t go well at all but it’s a minimum 5 year hold. I actually just picked up some more and have 3 more stacks of cash I’m going to use when I feel like we’ve hit some points. Pltr I just looked at and I actually hold more than I thought. I don’t remember picking up 20 shares at 23.00 but I guess I did. The analyst are professionals so I like getting their take on things. No one is ever going to be right 100% of the time.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m not much of a day trader but I made a little quick money on stem just because it felt right today

Xring01

Reaction score
BLNK - here is a pretty good article that I recommend to anyone who is looking into the EV Charging....

Why am I looking at it... well the Biden admin wants to expand EV Chargers across the U.S. Therefore there will be alot of money to be made in that sector, buy getting those contracts.

Combine that with one hell of a market correction. BLNK looks like a pretty good 3-6month play to me.

So I am watching it very closely, and hoping to jump in on the next sign of strength. If they report the same type of earnings next QTR then it could go up alot.

But thats my opinion. https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/08/12/why-blink-charging-stock-plunging-177-growth-sales/

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
BLNK - here is a pretty good article that I recommend to anyone who is looking into the EV Charging....

Why am I looking at it... well the Biden admin wants to expand EV Chargers across the U.S. Therefore there will be alot of money to be made in that sector, buy getting those contracts.

Combine that with one hell of a market correction. BLNK looks like a pretty good 3-6month play to me.

So I am watching it very closely, and hoping to jump in on the next sign of strength. If they report the same type of earnings next QTR then it could go up alot.

But thats my opinion. https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/08/12/why-blink-charging-stock-plunging-177-growth-sales/
I don’t hold any blink but I have it on my watch list. I hold chargepoint and plug. Might pick up some blink but I’m watching it.

Xring01

Reaction score
I don’t hold any blink but I have it on my watch list. I hold chargepoint and plug. Might pick up some blink but I’m watching it.

Shit.... looks like today was the day to buy BLNK...
Low of $31.68 and trading near $34.5 right now... $3 dollar move on $31 stock... thats close to 10% ROI in a da. But work got in the way for me to buy that dip...

I am tempted to buy at this level. But I think I will hold off and see what tomorrow brings...

Saying all of this. When I buy longer term positions, I buy in stages.... 4- 25% buys or 3-33% buys... Dollar cost average in, dollar cost average out..... and I prefer to buy the dips when I can.....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Shit.... looks like today was the day to buy BLNK...
Low of $31.68 and trading near $34.5 right now... $3 dollar move on $31 stock... thats close to 10% ROI in a da. But work got in the way for me to buy that dip...

I am tempted to buy at this level. But I think I will hold off and see what tomorrow brings...

Saying all of this. When I buy longer term positions, I buy in stages.... 4- 25% buys or 3-33% buys... Dollar cost average in, dollar cost average out..... and I prefer to buy the dips when I can.....
I thought hard about buying at the low today but for some reason I think it might dip again tomorrow being Friday. No biggie either way. Stem was moving like that as well today and that’s the play I made

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What are everyone’s thoughts on Tik Tol. Ipo first quarter 2022 but on the Hong Kong exchange