WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022-2023 Ram 3500 with the Aisin Transmission - Failure

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Call and see if Englewood transmission works on that transmission and see if the can do the warranty work I had them do that on mine paid the extra for the stage four in the Allison. Worth the call.
Englewood is definitely the best! I'm just trying to get through this and hoping for a lemon law. I'm at 1 week currently. 23 days to go!

hallett21

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Less than are Still getting fucked by Izusu, Cummings and Aisan?

🤷‍♂️😜🤣
It can’t be that they all want their equipment to fail though?

I imagine building a stout reliable vehicle that lasts 500k miles would be in any of the big 3s best interest. It would take 2-3 years to take over the entire market share.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It can’t be that they all want their equipment to fail though?

I imagine building a stout reliable vehicle that lasts 500k miles would be in any of the big 3s best interest. It would take 2-3 years to take over the entire market share.

Such a great question...

I spent decades working at dealerships for many different manufactures.

I can't tell you how many times I uttered...

Who the fuck designed THIS SHIT!?!? 😡😡😡

Planned obsolescence? Maybe?

I truly don't have that answer, and I agree with you completely. 💯

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Such a great question...

Attempting to save $1 per car.

hallett21

Reaction score
Such a great question...

It really doesn’t make any sense. Go grab your best techs in the field. Sit them down with engineers. Maybe let the marketing guy tell you what they want to achieve.

And then just do it!

My guess is that there’s just too many people involved in a vehicle today. A lot of 3rd-4th generation family Corporate Officers. Probably good businessmen but have no vision.

I’m the least from a car guy, but it seems like the peak of that era was when one person had a vision and told everyone else what to do.

hallett21

Reaction score
Attempting to save $1 per car.
Which I guess is the point. They can’t see past a few bucks to make millions because business 101 says lower costs and increase revenue.

It doesn’t mention just take over the whole market.

No one is that brand loyal today. Build a good & reliable product and it’ll sell

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It really doesn’t make any sense. Go grab your best techs in the field. Sit them down with engineers. Maybe let the marketing guy tell you what they want to achieve.

And then just do it!

My guess is that there’s just too many people involved in a vehicle today. A lot of 3rd-4th generation family Corporate Officers. Probably good businessmen but have no vision.

I’m the least from a car guy, but it seems like the peak of that era was when one person had a vision and told everyone else what to do.

Yes. Cars are simply bean countered to death and designed by committee. Certainly some of it is planned as people are keeping cars longer. Honestly I still think cars are on the whole more reliable than they used to be... aside from certain models that seemed to be bulletproof here and there throughout the years.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

And then just do it!

Right??? That would be heaven if they would do that!!!

Truth is though??

The bean counters HATE the service department. We are all just a waste of oxygen to them.

Why??

Service departments COST the manufacturer money!!!

The manufacturer would be SO happy to just build cars and sell them. No service department required.

So they would NEVER lower themselves to speak with us lower life forms, much less take our advice.

Toyota was the only manufacturer I worked for that 100 percent understood the service department was that heart and soul of the company.

As shop forman I had a direct connection to the tech support guys, and they actually listened to what we said!!!

Toyota/Lexus used what they referred to as "just in time manufacturing".

They only kept parts in stock for a few days of building cars. This way, if something needed to be changed, it could be changed in a matter of days.

As opposed to other manufacturers that would just say fuck it, we will get that shit next year, put out a TSB, and pay us scum bags to fix it.

Example...

When I worked for Lincoln-Mercury, we had a full notebook of TSB's to sort through maybe every month or two. That's a shit ton of paperwork for a tech to deal with/remember, yeah? There was a whole room just for TSB's and shop manuals.

My first day at Lexus I asked where all the TSB's were stored...

Oh, I have em right here...

He points to Maybe one and a half notebooks for a two full years of model production. I was like...

No fuckin way. That's it?!?!? 😱

Wanna know how many TSB's we had at BMW?? No, trust me. You don't.
But, they would fill a a fucking library.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Disagree with that one why more people took it In The shorts on the 6.0 and 6.4..
Back in 2004-2007 The Original Hot Boat forum was just filled with 6.0 ad 6.4 slaughter threads.

Ford didn't seem to care about the mass killing of dollars one bit.

The Capt

Capt. SF fireboat, St. Francis
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Mustang 5.0 loved it but I could not let go of the steering wheel. Car would instantly veer left. I brought in in to the shop 4 different times. New tires, front end alignment chassis alignment. Nothing they did helped. When the regional manager sent me a letter saying “ Ford advises you to not let go of the steering wheel while driving” I got a lemon law lawyer. He said he has done like 3200 cases. 800 bucks an hour he charges. To Ford. It’s a templat, he just puts my name and car collects approximately 5000 from Ford. I got all my money back plus registration. I asked him what happens to the car? He said another dealer will buy it and sell as a used vehicle. No mention of it being a lemon.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Since my shit bucket is stuck a dealer again,
rented a ford to test drive and use while dodge pulling their head out of their asses. figured if and when Ill likely go that direction. 2023 lariat ( only has 10k miles ) after this weekend, idk
ford while the motor torque is impressive, the stability towing is straight fucking trash.
Friday morning. Towed my empty dump trailer, that my dodge cclb and a chevy 1500 w 4ft bed can pull at any speed w zero concern. Ford ccsb it was wondering all over the road and tracking in groves Iv never even known existed on roads
Friday afternoon connect my car trailer and head out to glamis. It weighs around 18k lbs bumper pull. loaded as it always is, typically even tongue heavy. My ram when its trans works can pull it at any speed any road condition w zero problems no weight distribution or sway controls needed
The ford was white knuckle holy shit all over the road. Kia SUV’s would make the trailer swerve 2ft in either direction. Now yes it is factory tires and no airbags but holy crap sketch. It felt like trailer was ass heavy. Nope. maybe all 4 tires on truck are at zero psi? Nope at 80. Maybe settings in the trailer set up, nope i entered it all. So unless I’m missing something in set up for the new fords, no fukin thanks. Few buddies have idk if lift and big tires eliminates all that or they just think that shits normal when towing? Lol

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
rented a ford to test drive and use while dodge pulling their head out of their asses. figured if and when Ill likely go that direction. 2023 lariat ( only has 10k miles ) after this weekend, idk
ford while the motor torque is impressive, the stability towing is straight fucking trash.
Friday morning. Towed my empty dump trailer, that my dodge cclb and a chevy 1500 w 4ft bed can pull at any speed w zero concern. Ford ccsb it was wondering all over the road and tracking in groves Iv never even known existed on roads
Friday afternoon connect my car trailer and head out to glamis. It weighs around 18k lbs bumper pull. loaded as it always is, typically even tongue heavy. My ram when its trans works can pull it at any speed any road condition w zero problems no weight distribution or sway controls needed
The ford was white knuckle holy shit all over the road. Kia SUV’s would make the trailer swerve 2ft in either direction. Now yes it is factory tires and no airbags but holy crap sketch. It felt like trailer was ass heavy. Nope. maybe all 4 tires on truck are at zero psi? Nope at 80. Maybe settings in the trailer set up, nope i entered it all. So unless I’m missing something in set up for the new fords, no fukin thanks. Few buddies have idk if lift and big tires eliminates all that or they just think that shits normal when towing? Lol
Buddy has a 21 CCLB F350 SRW. Rode to Glamis towing a 45’ WW 5th wheel, and it handled it great. Before the trip I would have said it was too much trailer for a SRW, it was around 20k. Truck rarely downshifted. Pulled it just fine up I17 to Flagstaff too. Gets 1-3 mpg better mileage than my Aisin Ram empty and loaded.

Truck has a level and 35s with rear bags added.

That being said, I’m not a Ford guy, and I’ll take my Ram. But the 10 speed super duties are really nice trucks.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Buddy has a 21 CCLB F350 SRW. Rode to Glamis towing a 45’ WW 5th wheel, and it handled it great. Before the trip I would have said it was too much trailer for a SRW, it was around 20k. Truck rarely downshifted. Pulled it just fine up I17 to Flagstaff too. Gets 1-3 mpg better mileage than my Aisin Ram empty and loaded.

Truck has a level and 35s with rear bags added.

That being said, I’m not a Ford guy, and I’ll take my Ram. But the 10 speed super duties are really nice trucks.
My buddy tows a behemoth toy hauler 5th wheel with his too, same srw 35s and level. Not sure if it’s just bumper pull they suck at or stock truck problem.
The mileage towing about same as my 22, 12mpg range and down to single digits up grades. Not towing better mileage then ram for sure w the 10 speed. The one I’m driving is stock.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My buddy tows a behemoth toy hauler 5th wheel with his too, same srw 35s and level. Not sure if it’s just bumper pull they suck at or stock truck problem.
The mileage towing about same as my 22, 12mpg range and down to single digits up grades. Not towing better mileage then ram for sure w the 10 speed. The one I’m driving is stock.
I have a stock srw crew long bed but it’s a 17’ and tow a decent size 5er. I would say the steering is very smooth/easy when first getting it and it took some adjustment.

I added bags once we got the trailer a few years later as towing without it made the steering felt like it was floating on air. Once bags were added it got ride of the rake and all better.

Wouldn’t trade the truck for nothing, unless for a new F-450. Lol

bonesfab

Reaction score
I saw a newer Ford f250 pass me at the 101-23 interchange. That thing was death wobblin on down the high way. Must have been a common occurence as they didn't seem phased by it. Stock height and wheels.

gqchris

Reaction score
The Ford/GM 10 speed transmission is also a shit show
My 2020 Explorer is in right now for a complete tranny. Its a confirmed shit show. I finally reached FordCare yesterday, they are now going to cover my rental and give me an extended warranty. I am working on payment reductions also. My car has been at dealer 2 months now!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My 2020 Explorer is in right now for a complete tranny. Its a confirmed shit show. I finally reached FordCare yesterday, they are now going to cover my rental and give me an extended warranty. I am working on payment reductions also. My car has been at dealer 2 months now!!!

That really is a shit show.

gqchris

Reaction score
That really is a shit show.
Of course my Bronco Order which has been in the works now for 12 months got executed yesterday since the order window opened literally only for 12 hours. And I forgot, and guess what tranny it has?! I been driving around a Kia Electric car. Cant say Im mad at the no gas bill. :D First world problems I guess!

1680029608147.png

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Call to Chrysler customer care and open a case.
I did and they said they can't do a thing because they said I didn't have the extended warranty....I replied that the extended warranty only gives me 5 days for a rental...they said, yup! Absolute BS.

If it wasn't for my son's motocross, I wouldn't need a truck at all...I'd just get a diesel pusher and call it a day. Thinking about dumping it and getting another Lexus GX460 and towing a trailer. Not as convenient, but I never had an issue at all.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I did and they said they can't do a thing because they said I didn't have the extended warranty....I replied that the extended warranty only gives me 5 days for a rental...they said, yup! Absolute BS.

If it wasn't for my son's motocross, I wouldn't need a truck at all...I'd just get a diesel pusher and call it a day. Thinking about dumping it and getting another Lexus GX460 and towing a trailer. Not as convenient, but I never had an issue at all.
Ramcare is a fukin joke, I’ll about bet money you won’t get lemon law for this issue only w single visit. Look at the bright side, at least there’s a fix now.
This is my 2nd round of this BS.
Only way you’ll likely get LL is after fix, if you have time to go back to dealer a few more times complaining of noises or shift issues etc..

Icky

Reaction score
Ramcare is a fukin joke, I’ll about bet money you won’t get lemon law for this issue only w single visit. Look at the bright side, at least there’s a fix now.
Only way you’ll likely get LL is after fix, if you have time to go back to dealer a few more times complaining of noises or shift issues etc..
I told them last month to order me a trans now, so when mine goes I don't have to wait 😁. Too bad it doesn't work that way

riverroyal

Reaction score
30 days is not a slam dunk lemon law. Document every calls, times, names. EXACT conversation. Like 'no parts' if it comes up.
I'm not 100% certain but if they start working on it before 30 days it can go beyond and not be a lemon.
Don't ask for a loaner if you are going to attempt a lemon. If it's offered decline but ask/demand your truck back.
Call for updates. Make the effort.
If you just stop communicating for 30 days you will not have a easy time doing the lemon deal.
It's 3 times fixing the exact same problem or xxx days out of service for that exact problem. On repair 4 is when lemon can go in effect.

'Transmission' is not the failed part. The parts inside are. If piece ABC breaks then piece xyz breaks its not the same.

It's a absolute pain in the ass. Easier to trade it in once it's fixed

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
You're probably right, but I want to believe the attorney. He's literally LL'ed 20 peoples cars that I know of. The tranny has always curplunked into gear so I will probably complain about that afterwards.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The ford was white knuckle holy shit all over the road. Kia SUV’s would make the trailer swerve 2ft in either direction. Now yes it is factory tires and no airbags but holy crap sketch. It felt like trailer was ass heavy. Nope. maybe all 4 tires on truck are at zero psi? Nope at 80. Maybe settings in the trailer set up, nope i entered it all. So unless I’m missing something in set up for the new fords, no fukin thanks. Few buddies have idk if lift and big tires eliminates all that or they just think that shits normal when towing?
I know several new Fords. This is not normal. Something is probably wrong with the alignment. I rent cars for work frequently, alignment is a very common issue on all of them. People are fearless in them and the company's never worried about it.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I know several new Fords. This is not normal. Something is probably wrong with the alignment. I rent cars for work frequently, alignment is a very common issue on all of them. People are fearless in them and the company's never worried about it.
I’m sure it’s something, no way ford owners are that clueless, lol

This is virtually new truck w only 10k miles, drives fine not towing.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Honestly, I prefer Ford but all three make good driving vehicles that are more than capable. There are differences in how they feel and drive but they are minor and in reality are personal preference. If it was another brand I might have opened with a joke about it and then said the same thing. Something was wrong with the truck. Rentals are always a mixed bag.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Update:

I am well into week 6 without a truck now. They just put it on the rack, removed the transmission and ordered the parts. I'm guessing 2 more weeks minimum.

However, Ram Care reached out and have started the buy back process. It will be interesting to see how this part plays out, but if I can get what I paid I will let this truck go in a heartbeat. I got a good deal on it because I ordered it from Mark Dodge so I can definitely see they may give me what I have vested. I need a truck, but with the impending recession may go cheap and just get something to get my son to the motocross track and back. Anyone have a decent bulletproofed Excursion for sale?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Update:

I am well into week 6 without a truck now. They just put it on the rack, removed the transmission and ordered the parts. I'm guessing 2 more weeks minimum.

However, Ram Care reached out and have started the buy back process. It will be interesting to see how this part plays out, but if I can get what I paid I will let this truck go in a heartbeat. I got a good deal on it because I ordered it from Mark Dodge so I can definitely see they may give me what I have vested. I need a truck, but with the impending recession may go cheap and just get something to get my son to the motocross track and back. Anyone have a decent bulletproofed Excursion for sale?
Good, now take that money and go get yourself a nice 2002 Chevy 2500 with a 8.1L or a 6.0L. You might not tow as fast, but you'll get there. The spark plugs won't get stuck or come out on their own, injectors won't cost you $5000, and a trans rebuild on a 4L80 is the same as a nice dinner for 2 families. Put tires on it and change the oil....and fix the lights in the radio buttons.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Good, now take that money and go get yourself a nice 2002 Chevy 2500 with a 8.1L or a 6.0L. You might not tow as fast, but you'll get there. The spark plugs won't get stuck or come out on their own, injectors won't cost you $5000, and a trans rebuild on a 4L80 is the same as a nice dinner for 2 families. Put tires on it and change the oil....and fix the lights in the radio buttons.

That is an unacceptable solution for those trying to be rich, here on RDP.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Update:

Not mine, but looks super clean.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have an 03 3500 with a 8.1 and an allison I might be willing to part with I really only need a 1/2 ton now.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Update:

Same, they’re doing repurchase on mine too, supposed to cover all rental costs, Just shy of of 10k. Lift rims tires tint etc just shy of 18k.
Truck will be based off your purchase contract minus mileage.