WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 College Football Season

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Bump.....time to see if SC is the real deal or not. Fight on boys! Get this win today... The top 10 is cleaning out and making room for us. Lol...
Buh bye ND....upset by Marshall. Buh bye A&M...App St. Doing it again. Focking almost a Texas upset over Bama. Early season stirrups...good times. 😁
Good times indeed. Love the underdog. Don’t know much about Stanford this year but hopefully they can pull out another upset. Still not sure how sc is a top ten ranked team. But we will see

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Bump.....time to see if SC is the real deal or not. Fight on boys! Get this win today... The top 10 is cleaning out and making room for us. Lol...
Buh bye ND....upset by Marshall. Buh bye A&M...App St. Doing it again. Focking almost a Texas upset over Bama. Early season stirrups...good times. 😁
Okay. I tried. For the little woman. Her two favorite schools. I just cannot watch SC. Moving to another game. 🙄😜

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Good times indeed. Love the underdog. Don’t know much about Stanford this year but hopefully they can pull out another upset. Still not sure how sc is a top ten ranked team. But we will see
I know huh...they look horrible..😂
I believe they started the season at 17....smashed Rice and jumped to 10. Get ready for them to jump more with ND and A&M losing. And they are off to a good start with Stanford so far. ✌✌

HBCraig

Reaction score
Okay. I tried. For the little woman. Her two favorite schools. I just cannot watch SC. Moving to another game. 🙄😜
Well, don't go to the Auburn game. I can barely watch it and I went there. We gave 4 QBs and not 1 of them can figure it out

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I know huh...they look horrible..😂
I believe they started the season at 17....smashed Rice and jumped to 10. Get ready for them to jump more with ND and A&M losing. And they are off to a good start with Stanford so far. ✌✌
Yes they are.
BUT
The nut swinging. No different than the Alabama announcers is just a killer. Let alone some officiating calls. I just shake my head like you are that blatant at missing or calling some.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
My Hawkeyes suck ass this year. Season is over before it really starts, I expect 3-5 wins. Petras is awful. I should have taken sundays off instead of Saturdays. Because this team is awful to watch. For the love of god. Time to wake up and embrace the new age of CFB.

Roosky01

Reaction score
My Hawkeyes suck ass this year. Season is over before it really starts, I expect 3-5 wins. Petras is awful. I should have taken sundays off instead of Saturdays. Because this team is awful to watch. For the love of god. Time to wake up and embrace the new age of CFB.
I have the same feelings as you do with my Badgers. It will be one of us us in the West and then on to get our ass kicked by OSU once again...

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have the same feelings as you do with my Badgers. It will be one of us us in the West and then on to get our ass kicked by OSU once again...
Eh, ur badgers will probably recover, they are usually pretty solid. There is no hope for my Hawkeyes. If they are smart they will dump Petras for Padilla- but I’m not sure how much of an improvement that will be. Hawkeye football is usually a tough watch, but this year will be even worse. I like Ferentz, but it’s time for a change, at the minimum- Bryan fired as OC, or, both can go. It’s time.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Eh, ur badgers will probably recover, they are usually pretty solid. There is no hope for my Hawkeyes. If they are smart they will dump Petras for Padilla- but I’m not sure how much of an improvement that will be. Hawkeye football is usually a tough watch, but this year will be even worse. I like Ferentz, but it’s time for a change, at the minimum- Bryan fired as OC, or, both can go. It’s time.
Iowa and Wisconsin are content to make it to a mid-level bowl game every damn year. I realize it pays the bills, but it sure sucks being a fan.

Unless the bowl game is in a really warm locale in January, I guess...🤪

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Iowa and Wisconsin are content to make it to a mid-level bowl game every damn year. I realize it pays the bills, but it sure sucks being a fan.

Unless the bowl game is in a really warm locale in January, I guess...🤪
Both teams hang in the balance. Happy to be mediocre, but could spend what it takes to be top level- especially in the new NIL environment. It’s sad really, both would be above average most years even in the almighty SEC. B10 West is a fickle conference- especially in the current environment. Nebraska is a wannabe. And what will USC and UCLA do? They should be top level- but can they be competitive with the travel required?

Roosky01

Reaction score
Both teams hang in the balance. Happy to be mediocre, but could spend what it takes to be top level- especially in the new NIL environment. It’s sad really, both would be above average most years even in the almighty SEC. B10 West is a fickle conference- especially in the current environment. Nebraska is a wannabe. And what will USC and UCLA do? They should be top level- but can they be competitive with the travel required?
I welcome both of Pac-10 teams in and they are due for a run. I'd sure like someone to kick the shit out of Ohio State in a Big 10 championship game for once. Just wish it would be one of the teams already in the West.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Saw this elsewhere...Texas A&M
2022 recruiting class 32M.
Jimbo Fisher $75m.
Paying Appalachian State ...priceless.
ESPN just said that next weeks Game Day show will be at App State vs Troy.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Looking for BYU to bump Baylor....SC jumps to #7. They shouldn't have taken the foot off the pedal.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I welcome both of Pac-10 teams in and they are due for a run. I'd sure like someone to kick the shit out of Ohio State in a Big 10 championship game for once. Just wish it would be one of the teams already in the West.
Absolutely. E vs W Is very uneaven. Maybe the influx of USC and UCLA will help. I’m just looking forward to a game within travelling distance every 2 years. Lol.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
2 Pac 12 teams aren't ready for the physicality of the Big 10 in my opinion. It's just different.
I said the same thing about Texas and Oklahoma when they get introduced to Smashmouth football in SEC. But it was Bama who got the black eye against Texas on Saturday…..

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Both texas and Oklahoma are praying they don't get stuck in the SEC West.
Right! IMO I think they are hoping to end up in the West and bumping Bama & Auburn to the East. Many think the SEC will realign the schools into old SouthWest & SouthEast geographic divisions to capitalize on the old BIG 12 rivalries. The East will be the stronger dominate division but this will give the weaker former SouthWest/Big 12 schools a chance to play in the SEC Championship game.

9FF5181F-B953-4272-A8E2-0EA19440D7D0.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
2 Pac 12 teams aren't ready for the physicality of the Big 10 in my opinion. It's just different.
I said the same thing about Texas and Oklahoma when they get introduced to Smashmouth football in SEC. But it was Bama who got the black eye against Texas on Saturday…..
I would have agreed that they would have been in for a bit if a shock, but this SC team is WAY different this year. They just look MUCH more like a South East school with the way they are playing. The way Valeb Williams can just drop dimes at will in crazy impressive.

Their defense though...... that's a concern for me.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I would have agreed that they would have been in for a bit if a shock, but this SC team is WAY different this year. They just look MUCH more like a South East school with the way they are playing. The way Valeb Williams can just drop dimes at will in crazy impressive.

Their defense though...... that's a concern for me.
I agree with the offense but the defense needs to get better. The good thing is they intercepted / recovered 19 turnovers last year and already have 8 in 2 games.

Pelon

Reaction score
SC up to #7! Notre Dame drops out of the top 25 with their loss. So USC has only one top 25 team left in their schedule!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
SC up to #7! Notre Dame drops out of the top 25 with their loss. So USC has only one top 25 team left in their schedule!
Can you imagine if Fresno St. comes out with a win this week. :D One can hope!

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
For the most part...crappy games this week. Looks like it will be games on the garage TV for background noise while getting chores done vs. sitting on the couch not moving with a full slate of good match-up's.

Oh well...

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Isn't an SEC Auburn supposed to be a tough spot on a PSU schedule? Just sayin...😁

DWC

Reaction score
Kansas St / Oklahoma is a pretty damn good game. OK can’t stop their own offensive penalty’s. K st is making a great game of it.