WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Damn Dam Not-a-Run

Riley1

Reaction score
A new year is upon us, and thus, it is time to start planning the end of the season (for some) Dam Dam Run.
I had no part in starting this run, and unfortunately missed meeting one of the founders by a year. I had seen pictures and videos of the run from Katherines to Hoover and back since I can remember. The year I finally made the jump into a boat that could make that run was 2016. Unfortunately a year that we lost Carl.
It was and has remained to be one of my most favorite “NON” events of the boating calendar.

Being a Non-event, it is nothing more than a group of boaters who enjoy taking the full tour of Lake Mohave from Davis Dam to Hoover at the end of the summer.

This year we will be making that trip on August 13th. Leaving at 0900. I am looking forward to making new friends and memories made.

I will be trying to make non-event shirts again and planning to BBQ/grill Friday and Saturday in the grass at Katherines.

Katherines Landing has a new manager who so far does not see a benefit to giving us the group rates we got the last 2 years. We will continue to try, but cannot guarantee that she will come around.

P.S. we will not be encouraging any “distancing” or “masking” at this non-event. Quite the opposite, hugging and handshakes are likely. If this contradicts your approach to these times, you should avoid the lake/area while we are there.

Riley1 🤙🏻

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We’ll be there.
Need to plan a stop on the way up at i believe it was mp31 i have it written somewhere but it’s where everyone stopped when Vic was running it as well I’m sure before. Otherwise it just seems like such a short day.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Well be there but hoping for a better fitting shirt.

Riverryder

Reaction score
We’ll be there.
Need to plan a stop on the way up at i believe it was mp31 i have it written somewhere but it’s where everyone stopped when Vic was running it as well I’m sure before. Otherwise it just seems like such a short day.
This where we stopped last year?

Bails

Reaction score
It's a little early for me to say 100% that we will be there however.

Bails +2

Riley1

Reaction score
I’m going to mark gps points where I plan to stop on the way back this year. There are no decent beaches large enough that I have found so far, so a raft up probably works best. I would like to get through the Basin before the wind.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I’m going to mark gps points where I plan to stop on the way back this year. There are no decent beaches large enough that I have found so far, so a raft up probably works best. I would like to get through the Basin before the wind.
Couple stops on the way up is always great !

CoolCruzin + 3
wife and two daughters( no boy friends yet )
Lol

Springfield

Reaction score
Going to Sturgis this year a couple days earlier to get back in time to recoup. The goal is we are in.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@FROGMAN524 so lucky to be able to do a guys trip every time! haha
yeah your always gone! haha
think thats the plan everyone wants to slow it down this year. hope we can be heading back with just enough time to wipe boats down and shower for the tacos!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Like Vic has said before, I want to stop more and get some more footage with the DSLR and Drone. Would be great if we could all go back to the beaches near the Davis Dam where the water isn't Phuking freezing too.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Step dad, step uncle and FIL most likely. Maybe step bro too. I'll slow down this time and hang with the pack. Best cruise is between 55-60 though.
That boat can cruise 40-50 all day.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Like Vic has said before, I want to stop more and get some more footage with the DSLR and Drone. Would be great if we could all go back to the beaches near the Davis Dam where the water isn't Phuking freezing too.
Any more special requests Nancy?!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Here are some suggestions for beaches we could gather at on the way back.

Web capture_4-3-2022_81050_www.google.com.jpeg

Web capture_4-3-2022_81158_www.google.com.jpeg

Web capture_4-3-2022_81311_www.google.com.jpeg

Web capture_4-3-2022_81531_www.google.com.jpeg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Nice. Best water and beaches on the river. Last March May have been the last time I launch at Mead unfortunately if they don’t do something to mitigate the dropping water levels. You’ll launch at cottonwood right?

Riley, can we also change the shirts up this year from cotton to something more fitting like a polyester blend? I’m willing to pay a little more for something that fits right.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Nice. Best water and beaches on the river. Last March May have been the last time I launch at Mead unfortunately if they don’t do something to mitigate the dropping water levels. You’ll launch at cottonwood right?

Riley, can we also change the shirts up this year from cotton to something more fitting like a polyester blend? I’m willing to pay a little more for something that fits right.
Willow beach is closer. Road going down sucks. Just slow going. Cottonwood is a super easy drive for us also.

Riley1

Reaction score
So I hear people talking about a slower speed. More stops, and different beaches. I’m all for that.
But one has to remember that this is a “Non-event”. Nobody is in charge and there are no rules. More of an organic gathering of boaters at the end of the season.
I enjoy meeting and talking with fellow boaters the most, more that the actual boat ride that day. That is why I enjoy bbqing and hanging out after.

We could try to find a beach to the south to fit everyone, but on a Saturday in the summer, those beaches to the south are usually very full with boats. The kind of boats that bring 30 ppl with 1 boat and 10 trips to the marina

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
One of these days Riley, just not this year. My clan keeps going to Mohave for the week the last week of July, after I've done that I'm done with the heat. Last year I ran the 30 up to the dam as part of the time I was out there. It was a great ride up and down, but dang its a long way from Katherines. We stopped on the way up and checked out Cottonwood, then got gas at Willow on the way up. Made it back to Katherines from the dam without fueling, and stopped a few times to swim.

Grew up boating on Mohave and Laughlin and hadn't been back in years. Mohave is the best lake of the lower three (Havasu, Mohave, Mead) in my opinion even though we have a place at Havasu and use the hell out of that lake.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Riley1 everyone knows that it’s a non boating event that’s done every year. But that’s why every races because they want to be with the boats. I stoped every time I saw 2-3 boats stopped. The marina stops are fun because we get to hang out. And talk about the previous 5-10 miles. Last year the basin sucked. But if we just did a couple of stops to jump in and let drives/motors cool and relax before we get to cold water it would be fun. This is the best non Boston/ boating event ever. My kids talk about it it all the time. From @jeepdog bbq, marina stops, beach stops and your taco cooking. You or @Mrs. Riley1 need to throw your venmo, zelle and any other info up so we can all help
Make these a better non event!

Thank you and your awesome family I can’t wait.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
After watching the fun on here the last two years pulled the trigger and we’re going this year. Was on mead in October so I’ll have photos from both side of the Hoover in less than a year.

What is the total mileage damn to damn?

04-24stealth +1-3

Riley1

Reaction score
After watching the fun on here the last two years pulled the trigger and we’re going this year. Was on mead in October so I’ll have photos from both side of the Hoover in less than a year.

What is the total mileage damn to damn?

04-24stealth +1-3
About 130 total. 65 each way. I run a 24 Lavey with 496 and usually burn 50-55 gallons. Cruising at 55 mph or so.

Big Swiss

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing good. We are in for sure. Mark & Julie. May have a few more people with us but wont know until later. Looking forward to it.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing good. We are in for sure. Mark & Julie. May have a few more people with us but wont know until later. Looking forward to it.
If they don’t and you want someone with you guys we can ride with you. Haha Your boat is so nice and you have the room..

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
About 130 total. 65 each way. I run a 24 Lavey with 496 and usually burn 50-55 gallons. Cruising at 55 mph or so.
Cruising haha

@04-24Stealth You’ll make it on one tank. I usually stop on the way back at Willow. Throw a couple gallons in for just in case.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten ahold of Katherines? Was able to book a room online but cannot get anyone to answer regarding a slip for the weekend.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I would really like to do this run again! Always seems to be the hottest week of the year.