WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 GMC’s

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
We can finally sell (order) any new Sierra Pickup for MSRP. I’m sorry for the wait…

If interested please text or call my GMC Truck Manager Rudy @ 951-743-0390 or send your desired build to [email protected] . We do have excellent shipping options also. Unfortunately at this point, We are still limited on Yukons and Escalade’s.

Dave
Dutton Buick/GMC/ Cadillac

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
What worries me is this. I have an HD Denali ordered. 23. it showed some exclusions. Rear seat heat, some other items i forget now. Like rear back up alarm. Just what does it take to add this chip later? a complete dash tear down? and when will the chip come. and how long will the dealers be booked out to install all these chips. My 22 ZL1 just came with a few missing options. The Switches are in place. They are saying December at the earliest. So I get to drive the vehicle without the option and then schedule my car for dash destruction. This is deceptive sales IMO. I dont want the 50 dollar credit it came with. I want what I bought when you said you could make it. If you cant deliver, fine - dont take the order. I will wait or buy something else. Buyer beware i guess.

to Clarify the HD order I am only first in line at my dealer. the initial allocations for the nation are scheduled to be released mid June and factory scheduled to start building 2023's mid July...

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What about a new Yukon Denali XL? If things continue the way that they have this year we might be looking into updating our 2019 with new larger vehicle.

Thanks!!!!

What worries me is this. I have an HD Denali ordered. 23. it showed some exclusions. Rear seat heat, some other items i forget now. Like rear back up alarm. Just what does it take to add this chip later? a complete dash tear down? and when will the chip come. and how long will the dealers be booked out to install all these chips. My 22 ZL1 just came with a few missing options. The Switches are in place. They are saying December at the earliest. So I get to drive the vehicle without the option and then schedule my car for dash destruction. This is deceptive sales IMO. I dont want the 50 dollar credit it came with. I want what I bought when you said you could make it. If you cant deliver, fine - dont take the order. I will wait or buy something else. Buyer beware i guess.

to Clarify the HD order I am only first in line at my dealer. the initial allocations for the nation are scheduled to be released mid June and factory scheduled to start building 2023's mid July...
That is why we picked up a 2021 in January. I have all of the same concerns tha tyou have about having a dash pulled apart by an hourly tech in a Dealership forces to make the change. I cant imagine how many of the clips/fasteners are going to missing or broken only have have a nice dash install with creaks on ever bump you go over after you paid $100k for it. No thank you!!!!

yz450mm

Reaction score
We're interested in the 2023 Dmax DRW Denali.
Post when they are available for order.
I read that the major changes for the HD trucks that were supposed to be coming in 23 have been delayed until the 24 models, FYI.

2024 GMC Sierra HD​

The 2024 GMC Sierra Heavy-Duty models are set to receive a major refresh for 2024, including new front and rear end designs, a new interior, along with potential powertrain updates.
It’s worth noting that this refresh was originally scheduled for the 2023 model year, however, the product cycle is behind due to complications brought on by COVID-19 and a shortage of superconductor chips. Additionally, the fourth-generation Sierra HD pickups are currently performing extremely well in the market place.

DuttonDave

Reaction score
What about a new Yukon Denali XL? If things continue the way that they have this year we might be looking into updating our 2019 with new larger vehicle.

Thanks!!!!

That is why we picked up a 2021 in January. I have all of the same concerns tha tyou have about having a dash pulled apart by an hourly tech in a Dealership forces to make the change. I cant imagine how many of the clips/fasteners are going to missing or broken only have have a nice dash install with creaks on ever bump you go over after you paid $100k for it. No thank you!!!!
Hopefully. Yukon production will increase soon, please reach out to Rudy👍🏼 for some help.

DaveH

Reaction score
As soon as the availability of inventory increases, you will see discounts, along with incentives (Rates/Rebates).
why would we ever see this again?

too many benefits to the OEM's not having a ton of trucks sitting around......just build to order and get premium $$ for them.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

too many benefits to the OEM's not having a ton of trucks sitting around......just build to order and get premium $$ for them.
I agree. I think they have proven people will pay top $$ if the supply is limited, now that they have made this course change, why go back? Less work for the same money......

DaveH

Reaction score
I agree. I think they have proven people will pay top $$ if the supply is limited, now that they have made this course change, why go back? Less work for MORE money......
fixed it for you.

530RL

Reaction score

The factory does not get a premium, the dealer does. The factory doesn't pay for inventory on the dealer lot, that is what dealer flooring loans are for.

The factory wants to move as much volume as possible to spread those fixed costs over more units and raise margins.

Some dealers may like this limited inventory, but not the factory. They want more volume.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
As soon as the availability of inventory increases, you will see discounts, along with incentives (Rates/Rebates).
Looks like I’ll be holding off on getting another truck this year. Over $80k for a ½ ton truck after fees is just too hard to swallow for me. That’s just a standard bed Denali with the 6.2 engine and tech package and no sunroof. Or an AT4 with the 6.2 engine, premium and tech packs. No special goodies or wheel packages. Just a decently equipped truck.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I agree. I think they have proven people will pay top $$ if the supply is limited, now that they have made this course change, why go back? Less work for the same money......
That only works if ALL manufacturers follow suit. 1 of them increases production to allow for lot inventory, that manufacturer's sales will soar above everybody else. Why wait for a truck that is equally matched to one sitting on a lot by a different manufacturer?

Englewood

Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be holding off on getting another truck this year. Over $80k for a ½ ton truck after fees is just too hard to swallow for me. That’s just a standard bed Denali with the 6.2 engine and tech package and no sunroof. Or an AT4 with the 6.2 engine, premium and tech packs. No special goodies or wheel packages. Just a decently equipped truck.
1/2 tons are ridiculously expensive now. My 22 Denali w 3.0 diesel 4x4 and black 22’s is 72k!

DaveH

Reaction score
That only works if ALL manufacturers follow suit. 1 of them increases production to allow for lot inventory, that manufacturer's sales will soar above everybody else. Why wait for a truck that is equally matched to one sitting on a lot by a different manufacturer?
and that is exactly what they are doing.

dont cry ship shortage either. industry talk is the reason we are having a "chip shortage" is no different then when toilet paper dissapeared off shelves at the start of covid.....deep pocket companies, including auto makers...bought up several years worth of supply so as not to impact their production. but in the process figured out how much we will really pay for a vehicle.

you can still get a new Iphone, TV or computer cant you?

DaveH

Reaction score
The factory does not get a premium, the dealer does. The factory doesn't pay for inventory on the dealer lot, that is what dealer flooring loans are for.

The factory wants to move as much volume as possible to spread those fixed costs over more units and raise margins.

Some dealers may like this limited inventory, but not the factory. They want more volume.
if the factories have no control over the sleazy sales tactics of their dealers.......they should stop selling to the dealers. having HAD to buy a new car during this shit show...i can say the way the dealers are gouging people, myslef included, will remeber and not do business with a brand ever again. short sited and stupid on the OEM's part to let dealers run wild. buying a new car is now just as sleazy as buying a used car.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
if the factories have no control over the sleazy sales tactics of their dealers.......they should stop selling to the dealers. having HAD to buy a new car during this shit show...i can say the way the dealers are gouging people, myslef included, will remeber and not do business with a brand ever again. short sited and stupid on the OEM's part to let dealers run wild. buying a new car is now just as sleazy as buying a used car.
I wonder if the manufactures will say F this, we’ll go straight to the consumer like Tesla. No middle man.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
and that is exactly what they are doing.

dont cry ship shortage either. industry talk is the reason we are having a "chip shortage" is no different then when toilet paper dissapeared off shelves at the start of covid.....deep pocket companies, including auto makers...bought up several years worth of supply so as not to impact their production. but in the process figured out how much we will really pay for a vehicle.

you can still get a new Iphone, TV or computer cant you?
Some. There definitely aren't as many on the shelf now though. Also, very different chips.

BTW, there are several construction products that have been on back order since the end of last year due to the lack of chips. Finding duct mounted smoke detectors right now in So Cal is impossible. I found a few for a project that I need that are coming from New Mexico. Other vendors are straight up do not have ANY nationally. Same with a couple brands of thermostats.

530RL

Reaction score
Just as we all want a big discount back of invoice when the dealer has 50 units on their lot, the dealer wants a premium when they have zero on the lot. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I wonder if the manufactures will say F this, we’ll go straight to the consumer like Tesla. No middle man.
Most states have laws that would prevent this. Unless it is a brand new car company that has never had dealers.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Just as we all want a big discount back of invoice when the dealer has 50 units on their lot, the dealer wants a premium when they have zero on the lot. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Discount pricing is provided/supported through incentives by the manufacturer to both the customer and the dealer. How much of the above MSRP (actually, incentive adjusted invoice) pricing shenanigans do you think the dealers have shared back to the manufacturer? I believe that number is a big fat ZERO. Above MSRP pricing is frowned upon by the manufacturers and I have a feeling that chicken will come home to roost with a vengeance once things straighten out.

I have a couple of friends that sell Ford and their dealership has allowed orders to be $500 or $1000 under MSRP and haven't sold any of their dealer stock over MSRP and most times a little under as well. They know they could've raked it in the past couple of years, but the dealership decided to play the long game and it's worked out splendidly for them as their customer volume has increased dramatically. This dealer is owned by a young group of guys and I'm happy to do business with them since they appear to have their heads on straight and actually seem to care about their customers now and in the future.

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
We can finally sell (order) any new Sierra Pickup for MSRP. I’m sorry for the wait…

If interested please text or call my GMC Truck Manager Rudy @ 951-743-0390 or send your desired build to [email protected] . We do have excellent shipping options also. Unfortunately at this point, We are still limited on Yukons and Escalade’s.

Dave
Dave
Do you have any CT5's?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I think on the Dealer Side of the House this is true. Now for the Manufacturer Side they would go bankrupt in a few years with the sales volume they’ve had since the Plandemic started. They aren’t marking up pricing like the Stealerships have been the last 18 months!!

Personally I have held off buying any new vehicle over MSRP. The people who have purchased at MSRP + $5K or more are going to be in for a rude awakening in a few years when they go to trade in their vehicles and find out they are way upside down 😱

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I think on the Dealer Side of the House this is true. Now for the Manufacturer Side they would go bankrupt in a few years with the sales volume they’ve had since the Plandemic started. They aren’t marking up pricing like the Stealerships have been the last 18 months!!
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one - last year when I decided to get a "refreshed" 2022 AT4 or Denali 1500 both were retailed a little over $60k now for the same equipped vehicles they are both over $71k. That's a $10,000 increase in only one model year. The manufacturers are taking advantage on their more popular vehicles.

boatpi

Reaction score
I drove the Denali before I bought my ram 1500 Limited. Really nice truck and the interiors fabulous but I couldn’t give up going after that diesel on the ram. And it’s a suspension on the limited can’t be beat a fully adjustable four airbag . There’s some limited ram 1500s out there with hemis and diesels if you look around through about 70,000 window sticker.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Dave
What’s the program now for cars?

Possibly looking for a Escalade (need to see one first) what’s the build time if ordering? Would be looking for this years sec 179

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Discount pricing is provided/supported through incentives by the manufacturer to both the customer and the dealer. How much of the above MSRP (actually, incentive adjusted invoice) pricing shenanigans do you think the dealers have shared back to the manufacturer? I believe that number is a big fat ZERO. Above MSRP pricing is frowned upon by the manufacturers and I have a feeling that chicken will come home to roost with a vengeance once things straighten out.

I have a couple of friends that sell Ford and their dealership has allowed orders to be $500 or $1000 under MSRP and haven't sold any of their dealer stock over MSRP and most times a little under as well. They know they could've raked it in the past couple of years, but the dealership decided to play the long game and it's worked out splendidly for them as their customer volume has increased dramatically. This dealer is owned by a young group of guys and I'm happy to do business with them since they appear to have their heads on straight and actually seem to care about their customers now and in the future.
I’ll bet they are still adding the requisite $10k-$25k on their Raptors. If not, PM me, I’m in the market.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
GMC told me to pound sand on my 22 ultimate order and said too bad. And here is 3000 cash for any 23. So I will use it on my HD duramax next month when it comes in. For some dumb reason they are pumping out HD models . I think it's because Ford can't right now I heard.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
GMC told me to pou d sand on my 22 ultimate order and said too bad. And here is 3000 cash for any 23. So I will use it on my HD duramax next month when it comes in. For some dumb reason they are pumping out HD models . I think it's because Ford can't right now I heard.
Just the diesel HD's. My boss ordered a gasser 2500 back in January and he just got word that it is finally in production.

sintax

Reaction score
GMC told me to pound sand on my 22 ultimate order and said too bad. And here is 3000 cash for any 23. So I will use it on my HD duramax next month when it comes in. For some dumb reason they are pumping out HD models . I think it's because Ford can't right now I heard.

The 23’s are coming with the revamped interior right? Tesla style large LCD + LCD dash?

attitude

Reaction score
The 23’s are coming with the revamped interior right? Tesla style large LCD + LCD dash?
From what I have seen GM pushed the HD revamp back to the 2024 model year.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
2023 DMAX's have more power and a stronger Driveline.
When can we order a 3500 DRW?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
From what I’ve read the Dmax’s will get an HP bump to over 500 and torque over 1000 ft/lbs. - I know Ford and Cummins have already done the 1000 ft/lbs torque breakthrough a few years ago.

Reactions: DWC

DuttonDave

Reaction score
2023 DMAX's have more power and a stronger Driveline.
When can we order a 3500 DRW?
Let me get with Rudy tomorrow… I’ll update you then.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Long shot question too Dave.
Any word on the Sierra EV?
We want one of those too.