WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 wave runners

Taboma

Reaction score

My local dealer is closed and I won't visit him until next week, but I saw a 2021 FX Cruiser SVHO for sale in the window and pwctrader.com has many for sale.

The new [2021] seat is 1.5" narrower than previous years...

What's not to like about the speaker pods?

Why would I want them ? 🤔
There's a multitude of things I do in life that don't require an accompanying sound track --- riding jet skis, is just one example. Not once in almost 50 years of owning and riding jet skis have I thought -- wow, I really need some thumpin bass right now. 😵‍💫

I know for many this is difficult to comprehend, but I prefer the quiet time of sitting on a beach, or my own deck, and not hearing mine or especially, anybody else's music. 😁

Hmmmm, I know not long ago I called on a couple of new PWCs I saw in the PWC Trader and they were a come-on, they wanted deposit money for one they claimed was on order.
Maybe the market demand is swinging back to a buyers rather than sellers market ??

clarence

Reaction score
Why would I want them ? 🤔
There's a multitude of things I do in life that don't require an accompanying sound track --- riding jet skis, is just one example. Not once in almost 50 years of owning and riding jet skis have I thought -- wow, I really need some thumpin bass right now. 😵‍💫

I know for many this is difficult to comprehend, but I prefer the quiet time of sitting on a beach, or my own deck, and not hearing mine or especially, anybody else's music. 😁

No, I get that. But I like having the option.

Hmmmm, I know not long ago I called on a couple of new PWCs I saw in the PWC Trader and they were a come-on, they wanted deposit money for one they claimed was on order.
Maybe the market demand is swinging back to a buyers rather than sellers market ??

Maybe?

clarence

Reaction score
Won't own anybody's ski with that style of seat --- and it seems with Kawasaki now being the exception, they're all have that ridiculous bolstering.

It is only on Yamaha's Cruiser models. I imagine it's significantly more comfortable for a passenger?

Just curious, have you checked with any Yamaha dealers to see when you might be able to get one ? One dealership told me if I order now, maybe two years. :eek:

Not yet, I will next week.

Yikes.

I think the 2022 improvements are really significant, but maybe I'll end up with the 2021 they (seemingly) have available if it'll otherwise be two years.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
It is only on Yamaha's Cruiser models. I imagine it's significantly more comfortable for a passenger?

Not yet, I will next week.

Yikes.

I think the 2022 improvements are really significant, but maybe I'll end up with the 2021 they (seemingly) have available if it'll otherwise be two years.

I really want to sit on a new 22' FX HO or SVHO, just to see how the seat feels. I was thinking an HO for my wife and the kid who lives within, keeps reminding me they'll be those moments when I'd still appreciate a good blast the supercharged one offers.
My problem is, I think the light blue top FX HO is the only FX I like the color of.

I'd be interested in hearing what you learn 👍

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I bought the 2021 Superjet. My first Yamaha. It is nice.

clarence

Reaction score
...they'll be those moments when I'd still appreciate a good blast the supercharged one offers.
My problem is, I think the light blue top FX HO is the only FX I like the color of.

Yeah.

Just so those unfamiliar with understand the dilemma. The FX SVHO:

Attachments

• yamaha fx svho.jpg
    yamaha fx svho.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 30

clarence

Reaction score
I bought the 2021 Superjet. My first Yamaha. It is nice.

Beautiful too (white/black).

Looking forward to asking the dealer what the reaction to the 2022 color combos has been.

Reactions: SJP

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I owned two non-turbo Hondas, and they would hit just over 60 on a good day. The hull of the Aquatrax provides a good ride, and they handle well. Dunno why Honda bailed out of the market, their skis were really nice. Mine ran like a typical Honda product, put gas in it, haul ass, and no worries about breakdowns.

We had two of the Honda Aquatrax turbo versions (FX-12's?), and a friend of ours had two of his own. Absolutely awesome rides, I outran quite a few boats on them that had the drivers wanting to know what I was riding. What did Honda in was their refusal to let anyone work on them outside of a small set of approved dealers. When you cant get your toys fixed simply because the manufacturer does something stupid like that, you suffer the negative consequences - no one buys your toys and people that have them bail to find something supported by more shops.

Dont get me wrong, I still see them around and I'm sure they are still great. I just dont know if Honda ever relented, or when they exited, that requirement went with them and now anyone can work on them.

Taboma

Reaction score
Beautiful too (white/black).

Looking forward to asking the dealer what the reaction to the 2022 color combos has been.

I think the 22 FX HO looks great, the FX Cruiser HO even better, but that SVHO is butt ugly. :(

clarence

Reaction score
A ~$1,500 Riva Stage 1 HO kit (tune, filter, impeller) would really narrow the SVHO gap.

Will never compare to a modified SVHO though.

Taboma

Reaction score
A ~$1,500 Riva Stage 1 HO kit (tune, filter, impeller) would really narrow the SVHO gap.

Will never compare to a modified SVHO though.
More like $ 1,900 and how good is your warranty after re-mapping the ECU ?
I think for another $ 600 over the cost of the HO with the Riva kit, I'd just buy the SVHO, get a nice long warranty and call it a day.

clarence

Reaction score
I deducted the ride plate cost (which wouldn't need with the 2022), but sure, the SVHO is a better deal if care about performance.

Just the colors, man.

Girls might like it though? Remind them of Barbie?

Taboma

Reaction score
I deducted the ride plate cost (which wouldn't need with the 2022), but sure, the SVHO is a better deal if care about performance.

Just the colors, man.

Girls might like it though? Remind them of Barbie?

I was disappointed to read on the Riva site that top speed on the 19+ FX HO is 58 ? I thought I'd read in most tests they were clocking over 60-62 ?
Going from 2 strokes that push 70 on a good cool day to not even 60 would be disappointing when the "Need for Speed" takes hold, 😁

I wish I could get this HO color combo with the SVHO, but whoever chose the SVHO colors should be hung.
2022 Yam FX HO.JPG

Taboma

Reaction score
If I were to choose now and they were available. I'd probably get the HO for my wife, then I'd go with the FX Cruiser SVHO in this color combo and pay to have a new seat built or modified.

22 Cruiser FX SVHO.JPG

Reactions: DLC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
There’s more rumors in a Honda showroom than holes on a horse traders mule.
Like Sony, they feel they can deliver less for more money on their name alone.

clarence

Reaction score
I was disappointed to read on the Riva site that top speed on the 19+ FX HO is 58 ? I thought I'd read in most tests they were clocking over 60-62 ?
Going from 2 strokes that push 70 on a good cool day to not even 60 would be disappointing when the "Need for Speed" takes hold, 😁

58 maybe the 2019s? Under unfavorably conditions?

62 seems the number for the 2021s and 2 more for the 2022s, so 64?

I absolutely love the changes Yamaha made with the FX line up. Going to the SMC fiberglass hull adds about 40 lbs of weight to the [SVHO, the HO gains only 4 lbs] ski, but it's a much needed weight gain. It now handles rough water much more comfortably and predictably. Combined with the new ride plate design, moving the sponsons 50mm further forward, handling has been greatly improved. As Greg mentioned, the FX HO gets a redesigned 5 degree ride plate that adds 2 mph to the HO platform. The FX SVHO has a redesigned 3 degree plate which totally transforms the handling and rough water ability of this ski.

Of course I haven't personally tested this yet, but I predict the HO's 5 degree plate is going to be a performance enhancement for the SVHO skis. I know some will ask, why didn't Yamaha just put the 5 degree HO plate on the SVHO? The reason is simple, they already have to electronically speed limit the SVHO skis. I can't wait to get the new FX SVHO in my hands so that I can test the HO plate on it. It should be interesting.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=294573 (post #8)

I wish I could get this HO color combo with the SVHO, but whoever chose the SVHO colors should be hung.
View attachment 1070048

Yes, please.

boatnam2

Reaction score

View attachment 1070048
I like that combo also.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They need more white SVHO options. I have had 3 black skis and cleaning them sucks. My white SVHO is so much easier to clean. Parker Yamaha sold so not sure if I am still on the list for a new Super jet the white black combo was perfect colors imo.

clarence

Reaction score
The thing is, all the FX skis are the same but for engine and seat.

They could easily offer all color combos with any model.

And could still sticker HO, SVHO, or Limited.

clarence

Reaction score
Visited the Austin dealer yesterday: they've no 2022 allocations left.

Put me on a wait list and encouraged me to look around since they couldn't help.

Just found a dealer in Webster, TX (Houston) this morning that can, so put a deposit down.

Expected to arrive sometime around April.

Feeling pretty lucky.

The Austin dealer did wince a bit when I asked how the 2022 colors, but they obviously haven't hurt their sales.

Taboma

Reaction score
Visited the Austin dealer yesterday: they've no 2022 allocations left.

Put me on a wait list and encouraged me to look around since they couldn't help.

Just found a dealer in Webster, TX (Houston) this morning that can, so put a deposit down.

Expected to arrive sometime around April.

Feeling pretty lucky.

The Austin dealer did wince a bit when I asked how the 2022 colors, but they obviously haven't hurt their sales.
Thanks for the update -- :oops: Did the dealer happen to mention WHY ? Huge number of buyers all of a sudden want PWCs, or limited quantities being built ?
Up until this COVID crap, you could drive by most dealers in late spring, even early to mid summer in some cases and see crates of new PWCs stacked up in their back lots just waiting to find a buyer. This can't all be free GOV $$$ or lucrative unemployment bennies --- and with so much other inflation, it can't be $ 15 hr wage earners --- can it ???????????

clarence

Reaction score
Didn't think to ask. I assume it's like all other things these days.

Though I did read somewhere that manufacturers have been surprised by the increasing interest in PWCs.

boatnam2

Reaction score
PWC prices are crazy with mark ups, but may be the only option with the shitty over priced used boats for sale for a family to get on the water.

clarence

Reaction score
Yeah, could substitute for a boat depending on how you use it.

For a performance boat, obviously. Possibly for a tow boat?

Fishing:

From Virginia to New York, Florida to California, Australia to South Africa, a movement is afoot to forgo the Bertram, Boston Whaler or Grady-White in favor of a WaveRunner, Jet Ski or Sea-Doo. The reasons are many. For some, it’s an issue of cost. The modern four-stroke personal watercraft is a bargain compared to the majority of its mainstream boating alternatives; it’s inexpensive to buy, simple to trailer and easy to store. PWCs also tend to be more fuel-efficient than the alternative, enabling anglers to stretch their gas budgets. And then there’s the simple fun and thrill factor of balancing atop a small boat while battling a fish that could actually take you for a ride.

But not so much for a family cruising boat.

Taboma

Reaction score
Seems like the LTCWl-TX (torsion axel) Triton trailer is the one to get?

From what I've read ( But have no yet owned) a Torsion Axle trailer is preferred for salt water use as they tend to hold up much longer than springs.
I've read that galvanized torsion axle is really the hot ticket for longevity.

But my question is --- Aren't you buying TWO new skis, my wife and I have rarely used our boat in 10 years because we prefer taking out and cruising or exploring on our skis. If we had only one, I doubt I'd use it that often.

clarence

Reaction score
You're lucky to have a riding partner.

Single, I really expect to use this mostly for solo exploring (just as I did when motorcycle riding).

But if in a couple years decide to stay with PWCs rather than a boat, I'd keep this for the girlfriend and get a new SVHO for myself.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
I am going back an forth on either a couple of new super jets or the Kawasaki's

Taboma

Reaction score
You're lucky to have a riding partner.

Single, I really expect to use this mostly for solo exploring (just as I did when motorcycle riding).

But if in a couple years decide to stay with PWCs rather than a boat, I'd keep this for the girlfriend and get a new SVHO for myself.

On my 3rd riding partner 🤣
Had to burn through two to figure out what makes a great riding partner and I'd recommend avoiding that educational path, whenever possible. :oops:
38 years on my 3rd now, 🥰 I think I finally got it right 👍

Although Truth --- shortly after selling the ocean boat and moving our recreation to Havasu, I came close to ruining what has amounted to a beautiful relationship by purchasing ONE Waverunner 700 and expecting us both to ride it tandem and not fight like honey badgers. 😈

That lasted ONE trip to Havasu, the week we returned home, I drove to the shop and came home with a 95' Yamaha 1200, to go with the new 700 that was now her very own. 😁 SO yup, you got the right idea with upgrading to a SVHO if and when the need arises 👍👍👍

Taboma

Reaction score
350hp, 86mph 👍👍👍

Jeebers.

You go young man, I'm to old to be flopping around on water that at those speeds might as well be concrete. 🤣
I've enjoyed enough ND's ---- Negligent Dismounts, I try to avoid that shit now. At those speeds, it's going to hurt, A LOT, if you get ejected. :oops:

DLC

Reaction score
Don't jump wakes, may land on a boats prop.
Xvwo7WO.jpg
Chicks dig it!

or
important safety notice!

or
that might hurt in the morning!

or
my favorite
what would you do with a Brain if you had one ….

Reactions: TPC

clarence

Reaction score
Thought to revisit this thread after an afternoon on the water.

I do expect I'll add a boat next year (for company), but for now the Waverunner is perfect for solo exploring the lake.

Did stop by the local dealer for accessories a while back and was told their 2022 allocations had been cut in half.

So feeling pretty lucky I managed to score one.

boatnam2

Reaction score
One thing for sure, there is no deals on new to be had, guess its another year on the old FZR.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thought to revisit this thread after an afternoon on the water.

I do expect I'll add a boat next year (for company), but for now the Waverunner is perfect for solo exploring the lake.

Did stop by the local dealer for accessories a while back and was told their 2022 allocations had been cut in half.

So feeling pretty lucky I managed to score one.
I’m on a waiting list at three dealers for a svho 1800. I stopped at the local sea Doo dealer because they had units parked out front, turns out they are missing parts. Sea Doo has so many stockpiled that they are now shipping them to dealers and they don’t run. You buy it and wait for the parts, some have been sitting for a year.

I scored this 2020 300 RXT-X with 48 hours for $15k on a trailer last week, most used ones are $20,000 since the new ones can’t be found.

96646C71-4D29-449B-909B-94BF8F103E34.jpeg

boatnam2

Reaction score
I’m on a waiting list at three dealers for a svho 1800. I stopped at the local sea Doo dealer because they had units parked out front, turns out they are missing parts. Sea Doo has so many stockpiled that they are now shipping them to dealers and they don’t run. You buy it and wait for the parts, some have been sitting for a year.

I scored this 2020 300 RXT-X with 48 hours for $15k on a trailer last week, most used ones are $20,000 since the new ones can’t be found.

View attachment 1124227
Friend has that ski, dropped a box in it and it runs over 80mph.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I only rode the 300 a few times so not an expert, i would say they are comparable in speed, you sit down in more on the 300 and with the knee area recessed, allows a more comfy feel, but i stand up all the time so that isn't a plus for me. I like the Yamaha, the 1800 is nimble and will throw you in he weeds if your not paying attention.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They are blowing out the 23s. I picked up a HO and still have my SVHO. Now I can let others ride 1 and not worry about them killing themselves. Saw the all white Memorial weekend and tried to buy it. But no deal. Now they are $11,500 plus fees.

Thanks to @boatnam2 Jim for hooking me up with a trailer for it.
20231021_083400.jpg

boatnam2

Reaction score
They are blowing out the 23s. I picked up a HO and still have my SVHO. Now I can let others ride 1 and not worry about them killing themselves. Saw the all white Memorial weekend and tried to buy it. But no deal. Now they are $11,500 plus fees.

Thanks to @boatnam2 Jim for hooking me up with a trailer for it. View attachment 1311273
Hopefully we get a few rides come summer, sweet ride!

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score

Thanks to @boatnam2 Jim for hooking me up with a trailer for it. View attachment 1311273
All white looks good!

yz450mm

Reaction score

Twins!
1000003480.jpg

mbrown2

Reaction score

The HO is the 1.9 non supercharged? Those are 11.5? Mind asking where you picked it up?

Last edited: