WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2023 Ford Raptor gets a HUFFER V-8

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
150k for a truck seems like insanity to me. So may more exotics I would step into at that price.

I would go buy a built luxury prerunner for that. Or buy a regular Raptor and a Corvette, or a regular F150, Corvette and a SXS.

If you just want a fast street truck, buy any regular v8 truck and supercharge it.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Whos your GM Buddy? If he works at KGF I probably know him. And if we are talking about the same place, Yup Ken will definitely own the first.
I stopped by KGF and all their Raptors had $17,000 of wheels and tires added to them in addition to a $25,000 mark up. No thanks.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has friends that own Ford dealerships. He said the wait is 2 years!

“Wait is 2 years” 😂😂😂

I have customers come to me telling me their suppliers are giving them leadtimes of 26 to 52 weeks. I told them those aren’t leadtimes those are, “go away we don’t want your business messages”

gqchris

Reaction score
I would go buy a built luxury prerunner for that. Or buy a regular Raptor and a Corvette, or a regular F150, Corvette and a SXS.

If you just want a fast street truck, buy any regular v8 truck and supercharge it.
Exactly, Brother. my buddy just sold a multiple race winning Class 10 buggy for 60k that could walk any off the lot production truck in the rough stuff. I almost bought it, then realized I have a baby still! LOL

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Exactly, Brother. my buddy just sold a multiple race winning Class 10 buggy for 60k that could walk any off the lot production truck in the rough stuff. I almost bought it, then realized I have a baby still! LOL

Buy another gently used covid SXS in a year. The baby will be ready by then, or sooner :).

I think the dude that moved into the 3 car + RV garage house on the next street over might be moving soon. Word on the street is that his pregnant and expecting wife was cheating on him and dude is a ginger.

LAPII

Reaction score
Galpin said 25K ADM.... I'm thinking might be better off godzilla 7.3 motor in F250 with a Whipple for less money?

attitude

Reaction score
Galpin said 25K ADM.... I'm thinking might be better off godzilla 7.3 motor in F250 with a Whipple for less money?
At that point just buy the diesel. If speed is what you are after a whippled 5.0 f150 will destroy a Raptor R for half the price

counterpart7

Reaction score
For $150k I’m getting a comfortable daily driver for $75k and building a “budget” caged and linked prerunner with 400hp(700 is useless) and walking on every TRX and Raptor.

manxman

Reaction score
I'm byass and happy with my Gen 2. I keep thinking about selling it, but it's kind of hard to replace for what I have invested!
20220419_191432.jpg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
An original Raptor with the 6.2 and a Whipple is the way to go if you can find a clean example with lower mileage. They look bad ass on 37’s as well.

Roosky01

Reaction score
I hope all this additional market adjustment pricing bullshit causes the public to demand the dealership model finally dead. It's been a long time coming and I would happily piss on it's warm grave. There are a few "decent" dealers, but most of them rank one step below a W. Virginia trailer house strip joint operator...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
For me:
Less motor, more suspension.

I’m money ahead putting long travel / bedcage on my Silverado that’s paid for.

Mostly because I‘m a cheap ass and can’t believe how quickly $100k vehicles became the norm.

gqchris

Reaction score
For me:
Less motor, more suspension.

I’m money ahead putting long travel / bedcage on my Silverado that’s paid for.

Mostly because I‘m a cheap ass and can’t believe how quickly $100k vehicles became the norm.
Yup, and you are in the industry as well and can see the craziness of it all. !

gqchris

Reaction score
I hope all this additional market adjustment pricing bullshit causes the public to demand the dealership model finally dead. It's been a long time coming and I would happily piss on it's warm grave. There are a few "decent" dealers, but most of them rank one step below a W. Virginia trailer house strip joint operator...
Me too. Working at a dealership years back was eye opening. The business model is garbage. I met the most shadiest people I have ever known during my 5 years at one.

I know there are good people as well, but it is something that needs to go to the history books.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Here’s the challenge with changing the dealer model:
Dealers are Crown Jewels for any city/location due to the massive tax revenue they generate, not to mention a significant number of local jobs.

So they have an incredible strong lobby/voice.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Here’s the challenge with changing the dealer model:
Dealers are Crown Jewels for any city/location due to the massive tax revenue they generate, not to mention a significant number of local jobs.

So they have an incredible strong lobby/voice.
Agreed, I don't see it happening. These brands still need service centers, etc. as well. Maybe they will go online order and give a kickback to the dealer per car sold or something but that entire model is hard to get away from.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the trx is better than the raptor? Suspension only?

attitude

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the trx is better than the raptor? Suspension only?
Simply value.

I haven’t seen any side by side comparisons but if I had to bet what one has better suspension it would be the raptor. Ford has had a lot more time to R&D their suspension.

99% of owners won’t find the limits of either trucks suspension so I doubt it’s that big of a deal.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Simply value.

I haven’t seen any side by side comparisons but if I had to bet what one has better suspension it would be the raptor. Ford has had a lot more time to R&D their suspension.

99% of owners won’t find the limits of either trucks suspension so I doubt it’s that big of a deal.
Raptor is like 700lbs lighter.

Raptor has been around for quite a while and i think they have a slight advantage suspension wise.

Honestly i would trust the hellcat powertrain and that 8 speed all day long in the trx they have been around a long time.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
The Raptor R is aids. Ford fucking sucks. Not even the same power level as the TRX that's been out for years. Ford ALWAYS comes up short which is why I am no longer a fan.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
The article states the Raptor R has 760HP, ....edit. (700). and the TRX has 702hp.

edit. Opps. Mis read article

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The Raptor R is aids. Ford fucking sucks. Not even the same power level as the TRX that's been out for years. Ford ALWAYS comes up short which is why I am no longer a fan.

So you think the Raptor R competes well with the TRX? 😂😂😂

This is all benchracing; 95% of the owners won’t be able to tell you anything about their trucks other than what the test results are

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So you think the Raptor R competes well with the TRX? 😂😂😂

This is all benchracing; 95% of the owners won’t be able to tell you anything about their trucks other than what the test results are
The Raptor R is going to be fast as shit. The standard raptors run good.

The crazy part is they speed govern these trucks to like 112 mph. Pretty sure they are being shut down before they even hit the 1/4 mile.

Like mentioned buy a 2nd/3rd gen regular raptor and then buy a regular cab short bed f-150 4x4 and throw on a hellion turbo kit and go kill some super cars on the freeway.

I never really understood the desire to try and race diesels or offroad trucks.

Englewood

Reaction score
I don’t understand the Raptor appeal. $110k plus $25k markup for a truck that is kinda fast on the road and kinda capable off road, but not particularly good at either?