WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2024 RAM -Dodge EV products, 500 mile range pick up info

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL Manufactures love to lay claim to game changers that are 3 years away to gain spot light.

The CEO says we must have “x” !
The marketing team announces “x” is coming soon.
Engineering reads the press releases and says WTF?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Stellantis stock dropped after this announcement.

More amusing than the "launch" of the new Hummer thats still 3 years out.

Electric is looking pretty good for cars and SUV's, but trucks are going to take a lot longer as there is to date ZERO pull through charging architecture requiring you to unhitch to charge.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
No thanks.

Meanwhile, my 21 Limited Ecodiesel is getting OVER 30 mpg and 1000+/- miles to its 33gal tank. Also pulls my Daytona and car trailer easily.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Stellantis stock dropped after this announcement.

More amusing than the "launch" of the new Hummer thats still 3 years out.

Electric is looking pretty good for cars and SUV's, but trucks are going to take a lot longer as there is to date ZERO pull through charging architecture requiring you to unhitch to charge.
Somebody needs to invent and sell an EV charging extension cord.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
500 Miles on 1 Charge that I can drive to the river non-stop? Sign me up!!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
.., Just finished Neil Young’s book …Wage Heavy Peace…amongst other things there is quite a bit about his 59 Lincoln continental convertible that has been converted to EV but it also has a generator that automatically cycles when the battery is getting low…has some sort of small I think Ford engine/generator that will run on E85 or regular to keep the battery charged…
…Saw him driving it one Sunday night up on Mulholland above Malibu…We were the only two vehicles up there… beautifully redone car…It had previously been destroyed in a fire…somebody left an untested charging system plugged in overnight…
…He actually was able to drive the car cross country at some point…
…An EV vehicle with a back up generator so you don’t have to worry about finding a place to plug it in and then sitting there and waiting for it to charge …makes way more sense to me then just a straight EV vehicle???…
…It really does look like electrical vehicles are going to play a pretty big part in motoring in the US in the future???…
97767866-5A43-4883-856E-8A20FEB7B774.png

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The environmentalists have moved beyond the mindset of simply lowering carbon emissions to any carbon emissions is bad for the environment.

Hybrids and other modes of transportation that burn anything are now verboten.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Gelcoater

Reaction score
The environmentalists have moved beyond the mindset of simply lowering carbon emissions to any carbon emissions is bad for the environment.

They don’t seem to have a problem with the diesel generators on the trains that distribute these clean electric cars all over the country.🤷‍♂️

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Screenshot_20230806_093113_Google.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Beware customers report the Stelantis EV products charging receptacles are melting.
Shame and a shame they didn't release that concept Ram Rev truck.

So far the Silverado EV testers are getting more than the claimed range.
More than 450 in the work truck.
More than 400 in Denali/Silverado. 260 miles towing its rated load.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Beware customers report the Stelantis EV products charging receptacles are melting.
Shame and a shame they didn't release that concept Ram Rev truck.

So far the Silverado EV testers are getting more than the claimed range.
More than 450 in the work truck.
More than 400 in Denali/Silverado. 260 miles towing its rated load.

Huh? Silverado EV is rated to 10000 lbs towing. Chevy admits range is cut in HALF towing just 5000 lbs (HALF its tow rating). Which is probably livable if you tow around 5000 lbs. It goes without saying you could go buy a Chevy Colorado for half the price to tow 5000 lbs, but whatever.

What happens when you tow 7000 lbs? Or 10,000?

We both know what happens.. the range gets cut in half again.

What is this “rated load” you speak of?

Last edited:

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Google being what it is, I've been fed a couple of articles this morning touting the future of sail for freighters.

Welcome to the 18th century.
I can see it… AI, solar, wind, a gps navigation system with (XM weather). 😜

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

What is this “rated load” you speak of?

You just hear what you want to hear.
Your mind is made up against EVs and they'll be no reasoning with you. You'll attack no matter what.
I get huge range losses towing with my ICE vehicles, ya get losses towing with EVs.

They aren't for everyone but they fit my needs.
Split the towing range difference between my take and your take:

I digress.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your mind is made up against EVs and they'll be no reasoning with you:

Your mind is made up against EVs and they'll be no reasoning with you.
I get range losses towing with my ICE vehicles, ya get losses towing with EVs.

You realize they said the same thing I just did. A little over 200 miles towing best case, and that could be impacted another 30% based on weather. 🤣 Now add a box trailer.. that’s another range hit. Now load it close to its tow limit… another range hit.

The towing losses for an EV are more than an ICE vehicle and are unpredictable. Then you have to wait around to charge it up.

And it’s damn near double the cost of a ICE work truck.

Those are the realities. It’s fine if you don’t want to accept them.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think the hot ticket for towing is either an APU in the trailer or a trailer mounted battery with an umbilical to the tow vehicle.

There is going to come a point when adding more battery to the trailer produces negative returns, but there should be a sweet spot where the weight is more than offset by the added range.

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
.., Just finished Neil Young’s book …Wage Heavy Peace…amongst other things there is quite a bit about his 59 Lincoln continental convertible that has been converted to EV but it also has a generator that automatically cycles when the battery is getting low…has some sort of small I think Ford engine/generator that will run on E85 or regular to keep the battery charged…
…Saw him driving it one Sunday night up on Mulholland above Malibu…We were the only two vehicles up there… beautifully redone car…It had previously been destroyed in a fire…somebody left an untested charging system plugged in overnight…
…He actually was able to drive the car cross country at some point…
…An EV vehicle with a back up generator so you don’t have to worry about finding a place to plug it in and then sitting there and waiting for it to charge …makes way more sense to me then just a straight EV vehicle???…
…It really does look like electrical vehicles are going to play a pretty big part in motoring in the US in the future???…
View attachment 1023646
interesting....

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Does Mopar anticipate making as much profit with their EVs as Ford is reporting?.....lol

how can Ford stock holders possibly can be pleased with their reports????

What am I missing?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Here’s the future !!

So a gas powered engine to run an electric car. Oh boy.

Anyone ever heard of a Chebby Volt? 😜

Cool project though. Dude definitely has skilz. Probably should have a bigger jet in the carb though. It's running just a little bit lean! 🤣