WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21'- 23' Bowrider Jets

mwgundert

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm looking to purchase a used jet. Preferably 1995 and newer with a price range of 25K and under. So far I've seen models from Ultra, Shockwave, Advantage, Eliminator, Cheetah, and Renegade. How does the build/ride quality compare between brands? Are there other brands and models I should be looking at? I see price ranges all over the place, trying to determine when I see a good value.

J 2

Reaction score
Add Cobra to your list. Boat value is in the eyes of the beholder, all over the place and in my opinion a bit high the last couple of years. I've seen a few good value jets out there, be patient and go look at as many boats as you can. As far as the ride goes the deeper the hull the smoother the ride. These will be a bit slower than the shallower hull, these boats really are not about going fast. My Cobra was a very smooth ride.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Don't forget to take a good hard look at the jet itself, especially if you think you'll be wanting upgrades. Some manufacturers used jets that are either made by companies where there aren't a lot of performance parts available for them, or used models that aren't exactly good starting platforms for upgrading. Make sure you take a look at the intake (bottom of the boat) to make sure there are no issues there or any look of bad repairs done. Make sure the bottom is straight.

I prefer v-bottom jets but you can find lots of mod-v or daytona type hulls with jets. All are fun, some handle rough water better than others. So if you boat where its rough, keep that in mind for the bottom you want to handle that.

floatn turd

Reaction score
What are you looking to do with it?

Reliability and family business?
Or
Speed and bad assness?