WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21rc BBF 8-71 Holley Dominator EFI conversion

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Been looking at fuel injecting my Schiada 460 871 Mooneyham.
What ive seen so far is Fast XFI Sportsman, Dual Holley Dominators or?
Any input is appreciated
e4Untwt.jpg

FOUNTAIN333

Reaction score
Rootz kit is pretty badass. The fella that came up with it is a stand up guy. Its also made by good people.... Cant go wrong

BamBam

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of this set-up. A friend has set several up on roots blown small block and big blocks. Plus it looks cool...

http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/store/800hp-8nozzle-bugcatcher-kitpolished-p-653.html

That is just the mechanicals and would need electronics to support the system. thats where you can spend lots of money. I have a Holley EFI on my 548 BBC. It's naturally aspirated but I found tuning through the Holley system is user friendly and another friend has put the Holley systems on a dozen or so turbo sand cars.

Boat looks great, don't see too many set up with BBF power though. Too bad you can't just whip some EFI parts out of the new CNC.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Stay with the carbs or go Whipple EFI. They have the air bypass valve that makes it idle.

Zhammy3

Reaction score
So the old man surprised me today, has been talking to Holley. And they steered him in the direction of an injector hat with 85lb injectors, 2x 4barrel throttle bodies with a dominator ECU. This method will work well as i can see but its definitely a $$$ setup form the original TBI systems i was looking at.
Now im thinking with an injector hat/plate. Couldn't i build a intake with a large flat blade throttle body?
Also debating on converting over to E85. Ive never dabbled in the E85 world, Will E85 offer a cooler intake temp? I do run a intercooler with a raw water setup and coolish Mississippi water. I dont currently have a intake temp gauge

Last edited:

BUSTI

Reaction score
So the old man surprised me today, has been talking to Holley. And they steered him in the direction of an injector hat with 85lb injectors, 2x 4barrel throttle bodies with a dominator ECU. This method will work well as i can see but its definitely a $$$ setup form the original TBI systems i was looking at.
Now im thinking with an injector hat/plate. Couldn't i build a intake with a large flat blade throttle body?
Also debating on converting over to E85. Ive never dabbled in the E85 world, Will E85 offer a cooler intake temp? I do run a intercooler with a raw water setup and coolish Mississippi water. I dont currently have a intake temp gauge

Any updates on the install? I'd like to do something similar.

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Went with a Holley Dominator ecu. 160lb injectors above the blower. Two 1000cfm throttle bodies. Feeding e85 with holleys brushless vr2 pump. Ditched the distributer, went with a Holley cam sync. 58x crank trigger. Holley smart coils.
57852575885__AB2E28EE-059B-4421-A59E-AA11E2EEADE8.jpg
IMG_3656.jpg
IMG_3425.jpg

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Still in the middle of wiring and plumbing. Hiding the ecu and leash relay board under the floor via a access hatch/door. Everything electrical is ran through a relay, blower, bilge, pre Oiler, etc. Mounted the pre filters to the v-drive bracing. Also hid the pump under the floor also. So the only thing in the engine bay is a battery. Also added a Tilton oil pump for pre oiling which will run automatically before every fire up. Which is tucked away under the headers on the prop brace. View attachment 750856
IMG_3710.jpg
IMG_3711.jpg
IMG_3712.jpg

BUSTI

Reaction score
Went with a Holley Dominator ecu. 160lb injectors above the blower. Two 1000cfm throttle bodies. Feeding e85 with holleys brushless vr2 pump. Ditched the distributer, went with a Holley cam sync. 58x crank trigger. Holley smart coils. View attachment 750848 View attachment 750849 View attachment 750850
Looks great. Really looks good. I'm looking at the Holley set up too. I'm thinking of going with the HP computer, universal harness and using two of the 950 Terminator throttle bodies with the injectors in the throttle body.

I'm only at 460" with an 8-71 non intercooled 6psi. Just a little cruiser motor. Keep my MSD

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Looks great. Really looks good. I'm looking at the Holley set up too. I'm thinking of going with the HP computer, universal harness and using two of the 950 Terminator throttle bodies with the injectors in the throttle body.

I'm only at 460" with an 8-71 non intercooled 6psi. Just a little cruiser motor. Keep my MSD
They just came out with this.

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Been making some parts on the cnc we recently purchased. This efi conversion has been a little more expensive than first planned. Wanted to share some of the parts we made for the conversion. Made a throttle body adaptor plate and a crank trigger sensor mount
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_3376.jpg
IMG_3423.jpg
IMG_3425.jpg

Zhammy3

Reaction score
First outing. And first learn table. Blurry pic but readable
IMG_3862.jpg