WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21rc setup questions

motormonkey

Reaction score
Who wants to share cav plate length for over 1000hp and discuss outboard steering setups. Strut is forward and 7 degrees right now. Also would like to know how your figuring the turn fins location. Looks like just rear of v drive coupler.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Who wants to share cav plate length for over 1000hp and discuss outboard steering setups. Strut is forward and 7 degrees right now. Also would like to know how your figuring the turn fins location. Looks like just rear of v drive coupler.

IMG_0107.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lenmann

Reaction score
And there you have it, asked and answered.

This place never fails to amaze me.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Mike did those cad drawings off measurements he took from Justified, which is a full on 2 seat race boat with 1600 plus hp. Those plates might be bigger than what you need, I would ask Stan or Lee for a recommendation on length. That being said, Justified is probably one of the most dialed and set-up Schiadas period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motormonkey

Reaction score
My boat will be strictly a hot rod/fun boat.
From my understanding was the longer the plates = moving strut foreward and the balance of the boat. Where my strut barrel is and initial power will probably put me at 15 inch plates I'm thinking. My numbers aren't to far off from those above. My strut is foreward a little more.
I'm doing outboard steering. I'm going to use a hydro rudder setup for a few reasons. Any thoughts on this, please share. Thanks

vstdispatch

Reaction score
My boat will be strictly a hot rod/fun boat.
From my understanding was the longer the plates = moving strut foreward and the balance of the boat. Where my strut barrel is and initial power will probably put me at 15 inch plates I'm thinking. My numbers aren't to far off from those above. My strut is foreward a little more.
I'm doing outboard steering. I'm going to use a hydro rudder setup for a few reasons. Any thoughts on this, please share. Thanks

@overpriced hallet had one with outboard steering and said it did not turn good. Maybe he will chime in

FrznJim

Reaction score
I had a 21 with the rudder mounted off the transom(I think that’s what you are describing) and it would slide in the turn if you lifted the throttle at all. Basically put the boat in the turn and don’t lift.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
And there you have it, asked and answered.

This place never fails to amaze me.

BTW...where are you on "The Boss" ? ...Last I had seen you were replacing stringers and so forth.

lenmann

Reaction score
BTW...where are you on "The Boss" ? ...Last I had seen you were replacing stringers and so forth.

I have been back on it after a bit of a lay-off. Need to spend a little time updating the thread, stay tuned.