WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

22 Daytona On The Beach

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Doesn’t look good. I was sent the pic. I know who used to own it, hopefully all who do now and around are ok.
A2653DA2-BEF9-4AC2-BDAF-EEB217043638.jpeg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That blows

sintax

Reaction score
What, is this not a reasonable place to park?

Bad way to end a weekend

TexasJet

Reaction score
Saturday that boat come flying by us at the I10 bridge in Blythe.

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Makes me sad. That boat demands attention, extremely fun with brutal acceleration, 40 to 120 in seconds, but it’s trying to kill you most of the time. You need to be on top of your game if you’re going to run it hard or it will bite you in the ass.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Looking at the marks in the red portion of the gel and it sitting past the rocks I have a feeling it got away from him. Bummer for sure but gel and lower units can be replaced

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My brother read on Facebook one of the outdrives broke and it made a hard right.

Unless they broke and locked up, I find this hard to believe. I’ve lost 2 gear cases at full tilt in my 25 and neither time was it uncontrollable. I can see MAYBE if it locked up, but on a free spin break it sure seems odd.

CSmith

Reaction score
I was inquiring about purchasing this boat before this. Thankfully he said nobody was injured. He sent me a picture of one of the hydraulic steering lines that blew. Said he had no steering.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605_054538_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605_054538_Messages.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 699

ChrisV

Reaction score
Damn, was looking at my power steering lines last night and telling myself to change them.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Several people that are very familiar with this area have stated it is littered with jet skis and boat was likely cut off and had to make a hard right to avoid them. That's all speculation, but could be what happened.

Could have turned out a lot worse if people were in the water or on the beach.

69hondo

Reaction score
Accidents, that is what insurance is for. Glad everyone was ok.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I was inquiring about purchasing this boat before this. Thankfully he said nobody was injured. He sent me a picture of one of the hydraulic steering lines that blew. Said he had no steering.
Wrong place to use that fitting. Not a lot strength and a lot of stress right there. Especially being an aluminum fitting.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That explains a lot although that boat had rams on both sides, the other with the tie bar would have kept it straight, that’s why it was built with duals.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Several people that are very familiar with this area have stated it is littered with jet skis and boat was likely cut off and had to make a hard right to avoid them. That's all speculation, but could be what happened.

Could have turned out a lot worse if people were in the water or on the beach.

This accident was likely caused by what the vast majority of boat accidents are caused by out there. Too fast for conditions or impairment.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That explains a lot although that boat had rams on both sides, the other with the tie bar would have kept it straight, that’s why it was built with duals.

Because that probably broke on impact.

You owned the boat, and have pretty much debunked every possible excuse aside from the driver admitting he screwed up.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
With hydraulic steering, which I assume this has...if a line blows do you have zero steering control?

Nordie

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect an AN fitting like that to be used for hydraulic. Not sure if that's what really caused the accident, just something I wouldn't do personally.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
With hydraulic steering, which I assume this has...if a line blows do you have zero steering control?

You’d have zero steering.

I can’t figure out from the pic how a hard line would even work there. That makes no sense to me.

I’ve lost steering on a couple of different full hydraulic boats, not from a line blown, but from needing to be bled. When you’re turning the steering wheel and the boat isn’t changing directions, it’s a scary feeling. My little outboard will do that after it sits for long periods. First thing I do now is cycle it lock to lock 10 times before I drive it to make sure it’s bled.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Because that probably broke on impact.

You owned the boat, and have pretty much debunked every possible excuse aside from the driver admitting he screwed up.
It’s a boat that basically won’t go slow with all the weight on the transom, and you can’t see over the bow for quite a bit of time when coming out of the hole. It won’t plane until about 40 and falls off plane if you drop below that. One of my favorite boats of the Daytonas I owned but it’s not the best for a crowded area. And it will spin if held in a turn too whe one of the engines starts to cavitate from the prop wash of the other. I’ll shut up at this point. I just believe in That boat and the guy who rigged it, a mechanical engineer in Washington state who I bought it from. My best was 14 minutes from the Thompson bay buoy line to the springs at 530 am :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Fukn-A you guys!🤪 It's like listening to msnbc or something with all the speculative guesses.
I'm just glad to hear nobody was hurt.

On RDP when it is a crappy boat involved in an incident it’s always the drivers fault.

When it’s a cool boat, it’s always something broke, something failed, a jet ski got in the way, a rogue wave 😂

stonehenge

Reaction score
Wait a tic, those aren't 300's, they are 330's. Must have been the mislabeling of the stickers that caused this accident.

I hear some utv's have sticker issues also. Too soon?

Bajastu

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect an AN fitting like that to be used for hydraulic. Not sure if that's what really caused the accident, just something I wouldn't do personally.
I'd use steel JIC / AN vs the aluminum AN. When I repowered my Hallett 19SS with a new 200HP Evinrude, I used factory Seastar hose with brass JIC fittings designed for power steering pressure.

Earls Hose only recommends steel fittings that are rated for +1500 PSI in power steering. Aluminum is never recommended in a power steering application. Too bad that a $25 dollar part put him on the beach. It’s a good thing that no one was hurt. Insurance might have an issue with the use of aluminum fittings used in a power steering application. I hope for the best in this guys situation.

jesco

Reaction score
I see this boat just about every weekend Im at the river... He has a house in the park next-door, I have never met the him, but I can say from what I have seen he knows how to drive and is not reckless, and he knows the river. Where this happened is the busiest section of the lower river BY FAR (theres been talk of turning it into a 5mph stretch like Devils Elbow). The beach he ended up on was PACKED last weekend. Very lucky this didn't happen over Memorial. Glad everybody is OK and nobody got injured, boats can be fixed...

Duramax

Reaction score
cable.JPG

This is why I don't use hydraulic..... I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!!!!!

I am glad everyone is ok. The big weekends seem insane lately.

Good place to come up on shore too, looked soft at least.

77charger

Reaction score
Wrong place to use that fitting. Not a lot strength and a lot of stress right there. Especially being an aluminum fitting.
I just saw pic and thought an type fittings are a no on hydraulic ?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
View attachment 1238479

This is why I don't use hydraulic..... I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!!!!!

I am glad everyone is ok. The big weekends seem insane lately.

Good place to come up on shore too, looked soft at least.
That's the old school way of doing it. The first Twin Eliminators that Dave was rigging had those types of setups. The Diggler was like that the first time I sold it for the original owner.

Englewood

Reaction score
Damn...I had 2 clients trying to buy that boat too.

Glad everyone was ok.

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wait a tic, those aren't 300's, they are 330's. Must have been the mislabeling of the stickers that caused this accident.

I hear some utv's have sticker issues also. Too soon?
Actually I put 330 ECU's in the engines, so your theory has merit, good catch :)