WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

22' Eliminator Daytona Vs. 22' DCB?

RCDave

Reaction score
Thinking my next boat will be a 21-22' tunnel hull with outboard for power. So far I like the 22' Cougar MTR the best of the three but they are very hard to find.

Whats' the difference between the Eliminator and DCB? Is the bottom the same? Performance? Inside layout/floor, etc?

sdmikey

Reaction score
Im gonna say the DCB is the best :D Want to go for a ride?

ROZ

Reaction score
Mikey, you going out labor day weekend?

Sent using yaba daba Tapatalk

mbrown2

Reaction score
Thinking my next boat will be a 21-22' tunnel hull with outboard for power. So far I like the 22' Cougar MTR the best of the three but they are very hard to find.

Whats' the difference between the Eliminator and DCB? Is the bottom the same? Performance? Inside layout/floor, etc?

If you are looking at new....I would say the new 22 Daytona is going to outperform the DCB in bigger water as it is a shortended 25 Daytona...basically deeper bigger overall boat.

If used and on older Daytona 22....I think it comes down to preference of styling...think they are both going to perform similar...I like the DCB a little better than the Daytona 22...between the 3...I would rank the Cougar last as for styling......I think for single ob power, DCB has done the most 22's and probably dialed it in the best....Most 22 Daytona's have twins or I/O and there have not been a lot of 22 Cougars with single power....my lean would be to the DCB..

On the new 22 Daytona...single OB power would not be enough.

RCDave

Reaction score
Thanks MB.

New is not in the cards so the new 22 Daytona is out.

Single outboard power is what I'm thinking.

I like the styling better on the DCB versus the Daytona. But the resale prices on DCB's seem pretty high in this market. For that reason, I'd probably opt for a Daytona.

Anyone ride in similarly powered DCB versus Eliminator? I assume the ride is similar as the DCB is probably a copy of the Eliminator bottom?

The one thing I like about the Cougar is this hull has just a bit more freeboard than the DCB or Eliminator and would probably do a little better in rougher water. Most of the 22 MTR Cougars I've seen for sale are single outboard powered but are really hard to find for sale.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Early on DCB used the eliminator molds and then rigged them as a DCB so they should perform the same.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Early on DCB used the eliminator molds and then rigged them as a DCB so they should perform the same.

Early on DCB rigged eliminators and sold them as rigged eliminators or rigged eliminators on request. Those eliminator 21/22's that were rigged by DCB were not registered or sold as DCB's...the DCB Mach 22 was Dave's mold and tooled for Dave, early Mach 22's were never based on Eliminator molds that I am aware of. Back at the time Dave was rigging and you could buy Skater's from him. Same time when I contacted him he sent me early pics of the 22 Mach being tooled...still wish I had that price sheet for the Skater and those early pictures he mailed. Long time ago now.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Thanks MB.

New is not in the cards so the new 22 Daytona is out.

Single outboard power is what I'm thinking.

I like the styling better on the DCB versus the Daytona. But the resale prices on DCB's seem pretty high in this market. For that reason, I'd probably opt for a Daytona.

Anyone ride in similarly powered DCB versus Eliminator? I assume the ride is similar as the DCB is probably a copy of the Eliminator bottom?

The one thing I like about the Cougar is this hull has just a bit more freeboard than the DCB or Eliminator and would probably do a little better in rougher water. Most of the 22 MTR Cougars I've seen for sale are single outboard powered but are really hard to find for sale.

I too like the Cougar 22...they were also rigged nice when done up in the Northwest. However, if I were buying used, and just limiting to these 3... I would go with the DCB Mach....like the one in Tx or here on the boards and try to get the price more in line...They hold their value a little more for a reason...well built, rigged great, and they are dialed in...

Likely the cheaper Daytona you will find may be dated as far as colors and interior go and if you do find one the same year range as the DCB it will likely be closer in price which should make the decision a little more apples to apples...

convincor

Reaction score
I have an '03 22 Mach with a 300x I would sell. If you are interested I will sent ya some pix.

Fltplan

Reaction score
You should go sit in and ride in the Daytona 21' and the DCB Mach 22. They are two different boats. I like the 21' Daytona myself and they are a little cheaper. Dave did get started and buy the 21 Daytonas from Eliminator then personalize them with his touch and sell them from his shop. Nice boats if you can find one that hasn't been destroyed over the years.

You can get away with less power on the 21 Daytona than the Mach 22 I'm pretty sure. A 200hp will push the Daytona no prob but I don't think I've seen one on a Mach 22 (there's other reasons for this I'm sure). I also think a Mach 22 is a smoother riding hull and if rough water is a concern the Mach 22 is the way to go. I use my Daytona on the lower river and have no complaints on anything from handling to ride.

As far as an older 22 Daytona, I wouldn't even consider it compared to the Mach 22. The Mach 22 is a great looking and riding boat once you go 22'

dschifan

Reaction score
i had a 1996 22 daytona with a 300 promax and loved it. rode very nice in rough water and sat higher than the mach 22's which i liked. My boat was rigged by dave at the time, boat was very nice. Sold it to a buddy and he still has it and loves the thing, i miss that boat.

Joe mama

Reaction score
I have an '03 22 Mach with a 300x I would sell. If you are interested I will sent ya some pix.

Can you post them here? I have a buddy that really likes the dcb 22 and might be interested.

hiline

Hi Line Motorsports inc. HWY 18, Apple Valley, CA
Reaction score
Had both,loved both, the DCB is heavier so it rides a little better in the rough..

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I really love the DCB F-series cats, they are amazing, However, 22 vs 22, I really like what Eliminator has done on the 22 Daytona, its not really an ICC, they aren't canopies, its more of a half windshield.. I think it looks very, very clean, and keeps the wind out of your face... Otherwise, when it comes to style, interior, and gelcoat, nothing beats dcbracing...;)