WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

23 Daytona on S&F

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Anyone know this Daytona for sale on scream and fly. I’m interested in it. Right now I’m trying to join so I can contact the seller, but still waiting on approval.

838C8DCC-3FD0-42CF-8E9E-35A4F356653A.jpeg
D14A0065-FCD8-4BFC-85C9-9E9CEBEE2FC9.jpeg
9F096E97-A4FA-4E2A-B0CF-75CB888D02F2.jpeg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I should ask, are there any S&F members here that could relay my number???

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I'm a member but haven't been on in quite a while...... What do you need?

Its in the market place over 20 ft section. But he doesn’t have a number to contact. Wonder if it’s possible to PM on that site, relaying my info?

HST4ME

Reaction score
I can....Greg is busy with some serious family issues ao if you want me to forward your contact info I will. I've been a member there since the beginning.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I can....Greg is busy with some serious family issues ao if you want me to forward your contact info I will. I've been a member there since the beginning.

Thank you. The boat looks like a fun little project. Not too much to do , but enough to be fun. Please forward. I’ll PM ya.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Well hopefully something comes out of this. I think a 23 would make a really fun river/ lake boat.

BlowMe

Reaction score
I was looking that boat on there as well and i agree. Looks like a good and fun boat for the price. Good luck. Hope you get it!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Well Gents. Looks like I’ll be taking a road trip soon to pick up the Daytona. Paul seems like a real straight shooter and we made a deal. I already have a whole bunch of ideas on how I am going to set it up. Should make a real fun river and lake ride. Thank to those who posted my info on S&F. I really appreciate it.

lenmann

Reaction score
Congrats!

If you haven't already seen it, this thread is mandatory reading and @HydroSkreamin knows a thing or two about that hull.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Cool! I’m certainly enjoying mine.

My buddy just bought the other white one that was for sale on S&F and just got it home.
Unfortunately the transom is wet and rotten in it and he took it for transom replacement last weekend, not wanting to tackle it himself after seeing how much work I put in mine.

What isyour plan for power?

HST4ME

Reaction score
Well Gents. Looks like I’ll be taking a road trip soon to pick up the Daytona. Paul seems like a real straight shooter and we made a deal. I already have a whole bunch of ideas on how I am going to set it up. Should make a real fun river and lake ride. Thank to those who posted my info on S&F. I really appreciate it.

Paul is a good guy. He has been around on SnF for a while.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I have been glued to Hydroscreamin’s thread for sure. And Paul has been great to deal with. Sent a bunch of videos and pics and very honest as to the condition. It’s actually in good shape with solid stringers and transom. Can’t wait to pick it up.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Congrats. Looks like it will a blast!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
You never said what your plans for power were...will you be keeping the power that's on there, or do you have something else in mind?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Send the powerheads off to DBR :p

My first goal is to make it mechanically and cosmetically perfect. Get the interior dialed in and anything else that’s needed. I’ve got some great ideas ! Most likely enjoy for the summer as is. But in the fall I’ll be ready to get er done! So what type of performance upgrade could DBR do on those motors? I’m actually not real familiar with them at all. in fact, I dont personally know anyone who has run them.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
WOW! That’s seriously impress! I can imagine what this boat would be like with a couple of very reliable 350 hp motors on it. I guess the next question would be, how much hp could the drives handle reliably. I had seen on S&F where people stated they should be thru bolted if fully surfaced. Will have to look into that as well. N

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
You never said what your plans for power were...will you be keeping the power that's on there, or do you have something else in mind?

keep as is for now. But as HST4ME said. May be able to send out for more HP !!!!!!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Cool. Well, keep us up to date. My buddy Nick bought the white one from MN and it's now getting a transom. We're going to have a few of these on the water this summer.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Hell yea. I’m really stoked. It’s going to be a blast for sure. I’ll be sure to post up everything I do. And NO! It won’t be anywhere near what you have done. Big props to you brother !,

Duramax

Reaction score
Hey, hey!!! Congrats buddy!!! Can you make the Lower River Run this June?

HST4ME

Reaction score
Do the sporty conversions and send it.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Do the sporty conversions and send it.

So it has the lightning lowers. Are these considered sports. Or, are they not really designed for higher speeds. I’ve got a lot of learning to do on these Johnson motors for sure.

stingray11

Reaction score
The standard lower will be fine but the counter will be the one you will need to baby if running on the surface. Do you know if they have nose cone kits added to the gearcases or are they running them stock? I have a 89 23 as well with 2.6 XP crossflows evinrude's. Both motors are std. gearcases with nosecones I have added. And have lasted since new 84,with only having to replace prop shaft carriers once. Of course I don't beat the boat so it is like new. They are great boats with little to no hop at least with my light crossflows. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The standard lower will be fine but the counter will be the one you will need to baby if running on the surface. Do you know if they have nose cone kits added to the gearcases or are they running them stock? I have a 89 23 as well with 2.6 crossflows evinrude's. Both motors are std. gearcases with nosecones I have added. And have lasted since new 84,with only having to replace prop shaft carriers once. Of course I don't beat the boat so it is like new. They are great boats with little to no hop at least with my light crossflows. Have fun.

Cool piece you have there. Can I ask what kind of speed that thing runs?

HST4ME

Reaction score
Highly recommend this in OMC lowers that take a beating.

1619041481418.png

stingray11

Reaction score
Cool piece you have there. Can I ask what kind of speed that thing runs?
It will run low 90's, There not stock And I used to run exhaust snouts But after riding around for 30 years I decided turn into a trolling boat took the exhaust snouts off and put on motor mounted trolling motors so I could troll deep water lakes for stripers trout and walleye. So I would think it's high eighties now. After working on outboard motors for a living for 40 years last thing I want to do is work on my own boats so we pretty much take it easy. Plus I've 6 boats so none of them get out on a regular basis.
2013-07-08 07.22.09.jpg

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
It will run low 90's, There not stock And I used to run exhaust snouts But after riding around for 30 years I decided turn into a trolling boat took the exhaust snouts off and put on motor mounted trolling motors so I could troll deep water lakes for stripers trout and walleye. So I would think it's high eighties now. After working on outboard motors for a living for 40 years last thing I want to do is work on my own boats so we pretty much take it easy. Plus I've 6 boats so none of them get out on a regular basis. View attachment 995220

Thanks for answering my question.

I totally understand your current usage. Cool boat!

Would you mind posting a picture of your winch post/bow stop? Mine is a cluster, and needs re-engineering especially after dropping my bunks, but I had the current POS come unhooked today and almost set it on the street leaving a stop sign going to refuel. Yours looks clean and simple, and I’m all about that.

Thanks!

stingray11

Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question.

I totally understand your current usage. Cool boat!

Would you mind posting a picture of your winch post/bow stop? Mine is a cluster, and needs re-engineering especially after dropping my bunks, but I had the current POS come unhooked today and almost set it on the street leaving a stop sign going to refuel. Yours looks clean and simple, and I’m all about that.

Thanks!
Sure I will try to get a picture of that tomorrow and posted up for you. If I remember it is a open book style bow stop and I use a transom tie down to strap it down tight so it don't bounce.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
The standard lower will be fine but the counter will be the one you will need to baby if running on the surface. Do you know if they have nose cone kits added to the gearcases or are they running them stock? I have a 89 23 as well with 2.6 XP crossflows evinrude's. Both motors are std. gearcases with nosecones I have added. And have lasted since new 84,with only having to replace prop shaft carriers once. Of course I don't beat the boat so it is like new. They are great boats with little to no hop at least with my light crossflows. Have fun.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn’t look like they have nose cones on them, but they do appear from the pics to running pretty high. So I’ll have to check them out closer when I pick it up. I’m pretty excited. Just got back from Desert Storm and now a buddy and myself are-road trippin to go pick up the Daytona !! It’s been a great week!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Just a quick ask. I’m on my way to get the Daytona. Wondering if the guys that shared my info on S&F could just edit their posts to take my number off. Thanks in advance guys.