WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

23 Daytona windshield

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Alright Gents. I got the Daytona home and starting to looks at things it needs. The windshield on it is cracked and no bueno. So ..... here’s the dilemma .

First. I do not like the up right angle , also it’s side profile is too short for my tastes. So. Is there another windshield that has slightly less angle, and is longer on the sides. Possibly adapt a windshield from another Daytona or other boat??? I was looking at a CA decked 23, also a 24 Daytona as Candidates....

second. wonder how it would look with no windshield, or, and very short style shield. What’s the thoughts.

487142B5-7174-418E-85EB-F29CE6E55BBF.jpeg

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Can u take a bunch of pics with it installed then remove it & go to Tap Plastics & explain to them exactly what u want. They have helped our buddy F14 on several windshield projects for various boat & done a great job & very reasonable

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’m open... where is tap plastics? I’ve checked out Finny online and may give them a call this week. There is also a company that makes old eliminator windshields, but they are pretty much what I have already. Good new is, the windshield won’t hold me back from running it. So I do have time.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Screw Finney, their customer service sucks. Call Jay at OC boat windows, he has done a bunch new ones on my daytonas. He has all of the molds for all of the old Eliminators, go to his place in Santa Ana and try them on before he makes one up for you. Jay @ 714-577-0632 Eliminator uses him when they need them for the older boats.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Screw Finney, their customer service sucks. Call Jay at OC boat windows, he has done a bunch new ones on my daytonas. He has all of the molds for all of the old Eliminators, go to his place in Santa Ana and try them on before he makes one up for you. Jay @ 714-577-0632 Eliminator uses him when they need them for the older boats.

That’s awesome info. Thank you. I’ll hit them up

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That’s awesome info. Thank you. I’ll hit them up
I will say he speaks broken english and he does all of them out of his garage in SantaAna as a side gig, so dont expect a shiny showroom, but they are beautifully done, top shelf. He bought the machines and the molds when another place's owner retired several years ago. Forget the name of that place but Jay picked up where they left off. And he usually has them done in two days. He also makes the flip up wind deflectors, I got a set of those for a Daytona 25 I had, lots of them are made for deckboats.

stingray11

Reaction score
I doubt he has molds for the 23'

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I’m in the exact same dilemma with my 23, same deck as yours.

I’ve been quoted $800-$1200 for the stock windshield, and I have the exact same sentiments you about it.

I do like the lines of one of the Halletts, I believe it’s the 30? Anyway, it’s a chiseled look like ours, with longer sides. That priced out at $1100, and I’d still have to modify it.

So, I’m going to get about $200 of 1/2” acrylic and make my own, with more of a Checkmate or Hydrostream look to it. I’ll be working on it soon with details in my build thread.

I know @Duramax is getting one custom built for his 21 right now and it’s not cheap either.
I plan on laying mine back a few degrees, making it a tick taller, adding a lip to the top to keep wind out of my face at higher speeds, and to extend the side panels further back to match the body lines.

I’ll be mocking it up with scrap wood very soon, so you’ll be able to see what I’m trying to describe in a few weeks. If my cover wasn’t just completed and already modified twice, I’d go an entirely different direction, more like a 38 Cigarette.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I will definitely be watching this. In the meantime, I may try my luck at modifying the one I have. It’s cracked anyhow, so I may try to cut it down, epoxy the break and lengthen the side. Then paint it black for now. If it doesn’t work out. ill just pull it off till I can get something else.