WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

23 deck shockwave or tahiti

riverrockstar

Reaction score
hearing terrible things about the tahitis falling apart up front at the seam saw some pics it was ugly. concerned on shockwave lead time also. nothing good used

any input

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Trip on over to Horizon Motorsports. They've got a nice selection of used 21r's that might suit your fancy

LC925

Reaction score
hearing terrible things about the tahitis falling apart up front at the seam saw some pics it was ugly. concerned on shockwave lead time also. nothing good used

any input

No dog in the fight, but I do recall a Tahiti coming apart at the front because the owner came in too hot onto the trailer after a few 🍻.... I’m sure if you post said pictures @Goodtime$ can clarify the situation.

Both are nice looking boats. I had discussed building what would have been the first 26’ cat w/twin 300R’s with Tahiti but timing didn’t work out and came across a perfect 26’ Shockwave Cat 600SCI that I pulled the trigger on.

Good luck in your search.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Don’t think you can go wrong with either, Todd does awesome work, and as stated above I’m sure he can explain what happened and why on the one falling apart. However it seems like what used to be the weekly Magic regattas is almost to the point of being turned into the weekly Shockwave regatta!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

any input

If a Tahiti fell apart it wasn’t from usage.. it’s from hitting something. Lol.

Thst all said you aren’t gonna go wrong with either. The shockwave is gonna cost more but you are gonna get better resale at the end as well.

Rivermonster619

Reaction score

any input

I haven't heard/seen anything about them falling apart, but if your concerned about lead times I would run. Look at some of the build times on this forum. Especially the 287, 277, and the 266 models. Average build time is approximately two years.... I inquired on a boat a while back with Todd. Todd was quick to get me a quote, but the model I was interested in was just sitting, and rarely got touched/worked on. This really concerned me and it is still not finished to this day. I also heard Todd robs Peter to pay Paul from multiple people so I decided to look for a used boat. Another concern is that Todd really doesn't have his own shop. The Hemet/fiberglass shop belongs to Joel, the Perris shop belongs to Cesar who runs West Coast Marine Interior, and the San Diego shop is Inmar Marine Group USA. Word of advice to anyone looking to getting a new boat built, do not pay in full. It will really put you in a bad situation if the build goes sideways.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Thank you for the review.
The only boat we are behind on is the 266 force as we had to:
Fix an old mold
Spray the bottom
Re spray the deck due to repairs
Re design the interior w side pods
Cap the hull
Flow the floor for gator step
Get the 565 to turn key ready - parts missing Work on an extreme budget

So for sure yes we are behind schedule
Just dropped the motor in tonight

Steal from Peter to Pay Paul ?
I will adjust the 266 invoice if that is your purpose as I have put my $20k into the project to keep it custom and nice.

I don’t have a problem doing a change order but that is not my plan

Yes I work 2 jobs to keep prices low
Sorry to dissapoint you

CobraDave

Reaction score
I haven't heard/seen anything about them falling apart, but if your concerned about lead times I would run. Look at some of the build times on this forum. Especially the 287, 277, and the 266 models. Average build time is approximately two years.... I inquired on a boat a while back with Todd. Todd was quick to get me a quote, but the model I was interested in was just sitting, and rarely got touched/worked on. This really concerned me and it is still not finished to this day. I also heard Todd robs Peter to pay Paul from multiple people so I decided to look for a used boat. Another concern is that Todd really doesn't have his own shop. The Hemet/fiberglass shop belongs to Joel, the Perris shop belongs to Cesar who runs West Coast Marine Interior, and the San Diego shop is Inmar Marine Group USA. Word of advice to anyone looking to getting a new boat built, do not pay in full. It will really put you in a bad situation if the build goes sideways.

Have you ever done business with Tahiti? So you have HEARD of certain things but no first hand experience? By robbing Peter to pay Paul do you mean he used profits from a build to fund another build? Your whole post seems uniformed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Here is my warning to society and the cancel culture storm.
People like me love to fight, scrap and dig our way out. We hate liberals and the ideology that surrounds it.

Modern companies when faced with this stop interacting with the public.
I delete all my builds from in the mold.
Then I go a step further and stop producing havasu boats.
I build river jet boats for my friends and go back to 9-5 and actually surf and golf more.

Problem ? Shit then all you see are awesome builds from Nordic and dcb on here. Eliminator too. All 3 boats that I can not afford. Plus blythe bros.

Most of the industry is pretty beat up from covid complaints.

Never will hide from my faults
First 277 deck a shit show , glass shop fell behind, couldn’t get a force 29 canopy made, had to buy the 277 mold to use it. Returned $20k cash back to customer and kept his build alive.

This 26. Well shit my love for force offshore clouded my best judgment on getting this mold from rusty. Nothing leaves half ass so we keep pushing.

23 decks keep selling and we are using 2 trailer vendors and 5 engine suppliers to feed the animal.

21 skiers 2 to go

277 / 2800 decks 3 to go

I live in San Diego. I prefer to scrap in person and then have a beer over anything having to do with internet message boards.

I’m always available

Goodtime$

Reaction score
My dad would always say:
You dumb ass I told you to buy a boat, not a boat company.

Dad: I bought old molds and started a company

Smack head
Nice shit only
8251976C-AAB8-477C-9AEA-91350286C759.jpeg

Rivermonster619

Reaction score
Thank you for the review.
The only boat we are behind on is the 266 force as we had to:
Fix an old mold
Spray the bottom
Re spray the deck due to repairs
Re design the interior w side pods
Cap the hull
Flow the floor for gator step
Get the 565 to turn key ready - parts missing Work on an extreme budget

So for sure yes we are behind schedule
Just dropped the motor in tonight

Steal from Peter to Pay Paul ?
I will adjust the 266 invoice if that is your purpose as I have put my $20k into the project to keep it custom and nice.

I don’t have a problem doing a change order but that is not my plan

Yes I work 2 jobs to keep prices low
Sorry to dissapoint you

No problem... Very nice of you to threaten/add $20k into the project, mostly when I'm calling you out as an outsider, and not the customer. You lost me as a customer and I think we are both better off that way. Yes, rob Peter to pay Paul. You know exaclty what I'm talking about...

Have you ever done business with Tahiti? So you have HEARD of certain things but no first hand experience? By robbing Peter to pay Paul do you mean he used profits from a build to fund another build? Your whole post seems uniformed.

I attempted to do business as I stated before... Have you done any business with him? If so, what did you get done? How was the timeline? Was it completed in or close to the time quoted? My post isn't uniformed... Check out the build threads on here and reach out to some people that have done business in the past with Todd like I have done. The boating world is a small community. It's worth doing your homework when you're about to spend a good amount of money on anything.

Here is my warning to society and the cancel culture storm.
People like me love to fight, scrap and dig our way out. We hate liberals and the ideology that surrounds it.

Modern companies when faced with this stop interacting with the public.
I delete all my builds from in the mold.
Then I go a step further and stop producing havasu boats.
I build river jet boats for my friends and go back to 9-5 and actually surf and golf more.

Problem ? Shit then all you see are awesome builds from Nordic and dcb on here. Eliminator too. All 3 boats that I can not afford. Plus blythe bros.

Most of the industry is pretty beat up from covid complaints.

Never will hide from my faults
First 277 deck a shit show , glass shop fell behind, couldn’t get a force 29 canopy made, had to buy the 277 mold to use it. Returned $20k cash back to customer and kept his build alive.

This 26. Well shit my love for force offshore clouded my best judgment on getting this mold from rusty. Nothing leaves half ass so we keep pushing.

23 decks keep selling and we are using 2 trailer vendors and 5 engine suppliers to feed the animal.

21 skiers 2 to go

277 / 2800 decks 3 to go

I live in San Diego. I prefer to scrap in person and then have a beer over anything having to do with internet message boards.

I’m always available

Todd, just like the liberals and their ideologies that you and I both hate, it's about accountably. One of the many issues our country has is accountably and passing the blame on someone/something else. I think you would have a kick ass business if you would hold yourself accountable, charge a little more, and be upfront about timelines. I think what saves you is after the customers get their boats they are happy with it so they don't come forward publicly with issues they had during the build process. I also live in San Diego, frequent Blythe, and Parker so I'm sure we will have a chat in the future. I wish you and your customers the best of luck in the future. Aloha.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
No problem... Very nice of you to threaten/add $20k into the project, mostly when I'm calling you out as an outsider, and not the customer. You lost me as a customer and I think we are both better off that way. Yes, rob Peter to pay Paul. You know exaclty what I'm talking about...

I attempted to do business as I stated before... Have you done any business with him? If so, what did you get done? How was the timeline? Was it completed in or close to the time quoted? My post isn't uniformed... Check out the build threads on here and reach out to some people that have done business in the past with Todd like I have done. The boating world is a small community. It's worth doing your homework when you're about to spend a good amount of money on anything.

Todd, just like the liberals and their ideologies that you and I both hate, it's about accountably. One of the many issues our country has is accountably and passing the blame on someone/something else. I think you would have a kick ass business if you would hold yourself accountable, charge a little more, and be upfront about timelines. I think what saves you is after the customers get their boats they are happy with it so they don't come forward publicly with issues they had during the build process. I also live in San Diego, frequent Blythe, and Parker so I'm sure we will have a chat in the future. I wish you and your customers the best of luck in the future. Aloha.
His post seems pretty up front to me. I own a cobra butt it I like Tahiti’s. For the record my boat delivery was a little delayed as well. Ha d to go back to get some finishing touches because I didn’t want to miss the dam run. Life went on.

Goodtime$

Reaction score

Why not just come to my shop to talk to me about my shitty business practices vs using online forum to bash on me.

I will be at Inmar later today in otay Mesa working on a ultra mini boat for a friend and a 23 deck jet

Sunday I will also be down there working

Monday Perris shop

Again. I’m asking you to come and talk to me

My customers are all eager to get boats and we never stop working for them.

Loo Dog

Reaction score

Charge a little more? Tahiti is filling a hole in the market that I and obviously a lot of others appreciate. If that means waiting a little longer so be it. Seems to me you expected champagne on a beer budget. If that first 266 is yours, I hope you enjoy it. And thanks for being the guinea pig for others who will undoubtedly want one in the future.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Mini boat action for a buddy who has an ultra on order.....................
42318C04-F9B5-44B8-95E2-5ECAEC6E65F5.jpeg

Shop door was open - no visitors
Will try again tomorrow

Rivermonster619

Reaction score
Why not just come to my shop to talk to me about my shitty business practices vs using online forum to bash on me.

I will be at Inmar later today in otay Mesa working on a ultra mini boat for a friend and a 23 deck jet

Sunday I will also be down there working

Monday Perris shop

Again. I’m asking you to come and talk to me

My customers are all eager to get boats and we never stop working for them.

Shit, the truth pushing some buttons.

Charge a little more? Tahiti is filling a hole in the market that I and obviously a lot of others appreciate. If that means waiting a little longer so be it. Seems to me you expected champagne on a beer budget. If that first 266 is yours, I hope you enjoy it. And thanks for being the guinea pig for others who will undoubtedly want one in the future.

Yeah, that’s what I said. Charge more. Most would pay that little extra to keep things on track. Thank god that 266 isn’t mine and I will never have a boat built by him. How am I expecting champagne on a beer budget when I’m saying to charge more? Elaborate on that one.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Yeah, that’s what I said. Charge more. Most would pay that little extra to keep things on track. Thank god that 266 isn’t mine and I will never have a boat built by him. How am I expecting champagne on a beer budget when I’m saying to charge more? Elaborate on that one.

You’re a fucking douche! Crawl back under the rock you cane from!

Loo Dog

Reaction score

If you’ve never had a boat built by him, where are you basing your allegations from? You have no legitimate frame of reference, so you just join a forum to start trashing people?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Look guys everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I ain’t perfect but I won’t back down from cancel culture storm. I like fighting too much.

I would be stoked if dude stops by and we can have a real conservation on business tips and opinions can be ironed out together.

Working today til 5pm solo no kids
F55C1795-1B8C-4CB2-BFD7-BAA5F5CBC6D8.jpeg

Your ad here

Reaction score
What's the story on the boat that fell apart up front at the seam?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I’m waiting just like you. We haven’t made a 100 boats. I’ll report when I get any info obviously

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Look guys everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I ain’t perfect but I won’t back down from cancel culture storm. I like fighting too much.

I would be stoked if dude stops by and we can have a real conservation on business tips and opinions can be ironed out together.

Working today til 5pm solo no kids
View attachment 986821

I think you handled this exceptionally well.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Compare this thread with the one Namba860 posted. Dealing with the general public is a crap shoot every day