WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

24 Hour Fitness closing locations

PlanB

Reaction score
I am hearing this from a longtime employee. Four in North San Diego County. Someone on here had a connection to 24, just wondering if this is true.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The 24 Hour Fitness gym chain recently laid off workers over the phone as it grappled with the coronavirus crisis. In a statement, 24 Hour Fitness said it made the cuts as it evaluates “staffing needs and the overall company’s club footprint.” The layoffs were announced in one-on-one and group calls with the affected employees’ supervisors rather than one mass call, according to the company.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
More fallout to come I'm sure. All those collecting unemployment and bonus money may be in for a rude awakening. When the time comes, fewer jobs and more applicants. Never good.

Singleton

Reaction score
I am hearing this from a longtime employee. Four in North San Diego County. Someone on here had a connection to 24, just wondering if this is true.

that is me!
Wife works for them.

clubs are closing and some are being sold off. Can’t speak to specifics at this time. What I can is those clubs that are not profitable are at risk. Should be able to talk more by end of week.

Singleton

Reaction score
The 24 Hour Fitness gym chain recently laid off workers over the phone as it grappled with the coronavirus crisis. In a statement, 24 Hour Fitness said it made the cuts as it evaluates “staffing needs and the overall company’s club footprint.” The layoffs were announced in one-on-one and group calls with the affected employees’ supervisors rather than one mass call, according to the company.

This is accurate. One-on-One calls for all corporate staff let go and group calls when club location and club employees notified.

Singleton

Reaction score
They were on the verge of bankruptcy even pre-Covid.

inaccurate. They had positive cash flow, but huge debt payment due June 1.

Debt reorganization has been finalized and club closures and sales were part of that deal.

PlanB

Reaction score
that is me!
Wife works for them.

clubs are closing and some are being sold off. Can’t speak to specifics at this time. What I can is those clubs that are not profitable are at risk. Should be able to talk more by end of week.

Thanks...

PlanB

Reaction score
I will get details and share.
right now those clubs open, targeted to open and those permanently closing are posted on the 24hr website.

Just looked and my location is not even listed on their site anymore. I suppose the rumors I heard about it’s closure is probably true. Have to find a new gym.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I'm sure there are many like me that cancelled their memberships after 24 Hour closed their stores for 2 months and continued to pull money out of my checking account for monthly dues. Still waiting for a refund, which I will likely never see.

Singleton

Reaction score
Just looked and my location is not even listed on their site anymore. I suppose the rumors I heard about it’s closure is probably true. Have to find a new gym.

it’s a bug on the website. If not listed chance of closure/sale is high.
just walked into that conference call and IT was getting drilled about that data not being available.
you will be transferred to another club if one is within an appropriate distance.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm sure there are many like me that cancelled their memberships after 24 Hour closed their stores for 2 months and continued to pull money out of my checking account for monthly dues. Still waiting for a refund, which I will likely never see.

go Online and look at your options, you had options about how it was going to work, if you cancelled your membership between March 17 (club closure day) and April 14 (last day anyone was charged).

PlanB

Reaction score
No other clubs I would go to. Too many hood rats at the next closest one. I hope it gets sold instead of closed.

Thanks for the info.

Singleton

Reaction score
Bk in the works will not open till sept

stop posting fake news!
clubs are opening in stages and debt reorganization is in process.
most CA clubs are opening over the next 3 weeks. Takes time to reconfigure the clubs

Reactions: DWC

D19

Reaction score
I went to 24 Super Sport in Costa Mesa then Yorba Linda for years. When they increased the prices and took away the towel service I got a bad taste in my mouth. It made no sense to get rid of the towel service!

The Regular Sport that's nearest to my house is garbage so I canceled mine and my wife's memberships. We made a home gym but I still miss playing basketball and just getting out of the house so I might join LA when they re open. Depends on what new rules are implemented. If I have to wait for the sanitize to dry on a machine like I do at a restaurant table forget it.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
More fallout to come I'm sure. All those collecting unemployment and bonus money may be in for a rude awakening. When the time comes, fewer jobs and more applicants. Never good.
Uh ya, 40 million unemployed is a number we’ve never seen.

Ugh.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The only 24 Hour Fitness in Santa Clarita on Via Princessa is slated to reopen on 22 June according to the website.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
All the LA Fitness locations in Temecula/Murrieta have recently changed their signage to Esporta Fitness. Did they get bought out or something?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
wife just confirmed, Vista and San Marcos locations are closing.
Sorta had a feeling at least Vista would be history with the big new gym at the Carlsbad Mall...bummer for those members' convenience.
All the LA Fitness locations in Temecula/Murrieta have recently changed their signage to Esporta Fitness. Did they get bought out or something?

Just scheduled workouts with my trainer at my Vista LA Fitness.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I think Planet Fitness has made a dent in their membership, $10 a month, no drama, no sleazy sales guys, all brand new equipment, the one in Havasu is spotless.

4Waters

Reaction score
I think Planet Fitness has made a dent in their membership, $10 a month, no drama, no sleazy sales guys, all brand new equipment, the one in Havasu is spotless.
We're supposedly getting one here in Simi two blocks from my house. My current gym is Fitness 19 on the other side of town same price as Planet Fitness, I will be changing.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Esporta Fitness model, which will operate under the LA Fitness umbrella of clubs. ... As of January 1, 2020, we are rebranding 17 of our LA Fitness locations in the greater Phoenix market to Esporta Fitness .

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Esporta Fitness model, which will operate under the LA Fitness umbrella of clubs. ... As of January 1, 2020, we are rebranding 17 of our LA Fitness locations in the greater Phoenix market to Esporta Fitness .

Catering to the Hispanic fitness buff?

Andy B.

Reaction score
that is me!
Wife works for them.

What about Vegas can't get any info all clubs still closed.

gqchris

Reaction score
Uh ya, 40 million unemployed is a number we’ve never seen.

Ugh.

What I am not understanding is how people are spending money like it never happened! Boat Builders have 1 year build dates, used boat lots cant keep stock in them, and Havasu is JAM PACKED daily. Is this just the stimulus money getting spent or did anyone really get affected by this?!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
What I am not understanding is how people are spending money like it never happened! Boat Builders have 1 year build dates, used boat lots cant keep stock in them, and Havasu is JAM PACKED daily. Is this just the stimulus money getting spent or did anyone really get affected by this?!
It was like this in 1928 I believe. There was a big recession and then a joy and then a depression.

I really hope all 40 mil get back to work before thanksgiving.

Singleton

Reaction score
What about Vegas can't get any info all clubs still closed.

still closed, Target is late June
C304138D-12D6-4BDC-91CB-4ED5E2F56BB9.png

Singleton

Reaction score
Thanks Bobby when I go to call the phone just rings no answer that was last week I'll try again now thank you sir!

calling the club direct will result in frustration.
closed clubs only have 1 or 2 employees working at them.
best data is online.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Toyota did not sign for corporate accoun . State of California cancelled there corporate acc with the club