WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

24 Schiada twin 300R’s! First water test

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
970CEDA6-6E4C-4E3A-B2FA-3B18E8FBD602.jpeg

They finally received the new lower unit (first one had a warranty issue) and got a chance to run the boat. They ran a 15x30 five blade and the boat ran right up to 8ph.

F1E0FF62-B77C-4DAF-8CD4-DBDF3EFD0499.jpeg

Lee believes with some prop trials the boat should run in the low 90’s pretty handily and possibly a lot more depending on how the boat responds to CNC cleavers.

63D0D468-173B-4925-B87E-60ECCD365B51.jpeg

In this particular case top speed isn’t the goal, but rather an all around usable and well balanced boat.

19EA52E8-A523-4D95-B3C1-7FB28616D638.jpeg

The 24 Schiada is a notorious wave crusher and with the outboards should end up being a great boat to run not only in inland water ways but out in the ocean as well!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Is there something to stop the props for hitting those big trim tabs in a sharp turn?

Joker

Reaction score
Boat looks like it sits real nice in the water. Very clean looking as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is there something to stop the props for hitting those big trim tabs in a sharp turn?

Lol the outboards don’t turn that sharp, they don’t hit the tabs. In previous IO installations where that could be a problem they cut the inside of the tab to clearance them.

Boat211

Reaction score
Bitchen. Respectable number right off the trailer for a brand new combo.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Were you in the boat to personally verify these numbers any if they were going with the current or against?

I wasn’t present at the time l but being that Lee has never given a shit about top speed numbers, he doesn’t exactly have any motivation to lie to me about it.

When they get it dialed if it’s around I’ll go rip it for a low 90’s pass. I doubt Lee is even interested enough to try the cleavers. The boat was built to be usable and with those knives hanging off the back it wouldn’t be real friendly to get in and out of. Lol

Taboma

Reaction score
Wondering if this twin OB will turn any differently than a single I/O -- as in altering the turn dynamics ? Seriously cool setup !! Would a 24 carry twin 400's ?

Tank

Reaction score
That thing is bad ass. The pic of it from the side sitting in the water is a great pic. I'd like to see like a 3/4 shot of it sitting still in the water.

Awesome ride. Looks like it was running nice and smooth.

hallett21

Reaction score
I want it even more now!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverryder

Reaction score
Boat looks like it sits real nice in the water. Very clean looking as well.

What does this mean exactly? Boat is in the water so it’s not clean? And can you show an example of a boat that doesn’t sit nice in the water?

fmo24

Reaction score
What does this mean exactly? Boat is in the water so it’s not clean? And can you show an example of a boat that doesn’t sit nice in the water?

Earlier discussions were about how the weight of the outboards would affect this boat. They are a little low in the ass end with a single outdrive so I think everyone was just wondering about the final stance at rest in the water

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Beautiful. [emoji106]

Joker

Reaction score
Earlier discussions were about how the weight of the outboards would affect this boat. They are a little low in the ass end with a single outdrive so I think everyone was just wondering about the final stance at rest in the water

Thank you for explaining this. It didn't seem that difficult to understand

Riverryder

Reaction score
Thank you for explaining this. It didn't seem that difficult to understand

don’t know much about these kind of boats so idk what you meant

Joker

Reaction score
don’t know much about these kind of boats so idk what you meant

It’s just that the outboards seem to put a lot of weight on the ass end on some of the smaller boats. The single on my 22 keeps the boat level but it seems twins on a 22 lift the front while floating. im not sure how they level these things out

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If Lee does not mind people asking,how old is Lee? Incredible that after all these years Generation Gap has never been an issue.Constantly ahead of the curve with the same sharp looking boat,but totally up to date.Well Done

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Carrying the bow nicely in that video RDP. Throw some big Hill cleavers on it and let her eat.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
If Lee does not mind people asking,how old is Lee? Incredible that after all these years Generation Gap has never been an issue.Constantly ahead of the curve with the same sharp looking boat,but totally up to date.Well Done

Lee built the Ark, do the math. [emoji23]

farmo83

Reaction score
Lee mentioned he went to the University Texas in the mid 80s so maybe late 50's ?

Swain

Reaction score
The bottom paint kinda looks bad when its driving IMO but overall cool boat

Outdrive1

Reaction score

They speed coat a lot of their builds. I don’t love the look either.

HCP3

Reaction score
They speed coat a lot of their builds. I don’t love the look either.

I was wondering why it looked black. Looks odd for sure. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Schiada doesn't care about top speed numbers, I am guessing it's a fuel efficiency thing?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If Schiada builds (and rigs) the boat they blue print the bottom of the boat before it is rigged. After they blue print the bottom they speed coat it.

Boats will pull out of molds and always have variances.. Schiada is the only mfg I am aware of that blue prints each boat.

If you purchase a blank hull from them it is an option if you want them to blue print it or not.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wait time and cost? Not that this is in my wheelhouse whatsoever, but I was just curious.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Wait time and cost? Not that this is in my wheelhouse whatsoever, but I was just curious.

Don’t quote me but I was told 225ish. And I know guys that have waited 2 years plus. I was trying to lay up a new hull and he told me he was booked for over a year just for a hull that’s not rigged.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
What’s this blue print mean for us newbies?

The manufacture makes sure the hull meets all the criteria that was originally designed in to it. Basically all the original specs. When it was designed on paper and the original mold was built, the hull is exactly like it is supposed to be. Boats change shape sometimes when taken out of the mold, molds get old and warp, etc, so the manufacture makes sure that the hull is brought back in to exact spec.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Pretty boat looks great in the water.

Wonder what a single 400 boat would run mph wise compared to the twin 300's.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Don’t quote me but I was told 225ish. And I know guys that have waited 2 years plus. I was trying to lay up a new hull and he told me he was booked for over a year just for a hull that’s not rigged.

225 for this? The hells so special about it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
225 for this? The hells so special about it?

They are a boutique builder that only builds about 12 boats a year. Each one is custom ordered to the customers specs. This particular boat is a carbon boat so it’s extremely rigid and light weight. The rigging is all one off and in the tens etc..

Honestly for what they build a schiada’s prices are pretty reasonable.

Riverryder

Reaction score
They are a boutique builder that only builds about 12 boats a year. Each one is custom ordered to the customers specs. This particular boat is a carbon boat so it’s extremely rigid and light weight. The rigging is all one off and in the tens etc..

Ok
What do these compare to tho?

More important question. How many girls are gonna want to get in the thing in the channel? Bet you can get more with a deck boat or eliminator with bass motors? Hha

Riverryder

Reaction score

Ok
What do these compare to tho?

More important question. How many girls are gonna want to get in the thing in the channel? Bet you can get more with a deck boat or eliminator with bass motors?