WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

242 SKIER - New Model TAHITI OFFSHORE

Goodtime$

Reaction score
We picked up the Aftershock 230 Tornado molds a while back and got the first one out.
We ditched the bow locker in favor of a huge open bow.
Lowered the floor
Twin Saddle Tanks
Outdrive mainly, Can rig a jet.
We are doing an extended swimstep on this one.

Simple stuff, same rig kit as our 21 SKIER dash etc.
21 SKIER - mainly a jet boat now
242 SKIER- Bridge the gap between 21 Skier and 23 DECK. Family friendly pricing.
23 DECK- Pricing going up in May.

This 242 SKIER is going to Oregon.

IMG_7268.jpg
LFHH7960.jpg

jbird

Reaction score
Great looking boat! Nice addition to your line up.

charred1

Reaction score
What’s the “family friendly price?”

NicPaus

Reaction score
Looks kinda similar to the 22 Stealth is it bigger or about the same. Looks good.

the lynch mob

Reaction score
Any more updates and pics on this. What speeds with stock power are expected? Length running surface and over all? What’s the beam on it? Looking forward to more updates. Like what you’re doing.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Will they all be done with playpen seating in the back or was that an option this customer wanted?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Will they all be done with playpen seating in the back or was that an option this customer wanted?

Custom boat = customer choice
He wanted u shape back and filler cushion in bow for playpen.

Boat is cool. Deep giant skier

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
Have any other interior pics?? Would like to see more..

JFMFG

Reaction score
Great looking boat you guys are really hitting it out of the park can’t wait for that 26 mold to be done may have to get in line for that one

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of room in that sucker. I like the back seating.

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Looks great. Too big of a boat for a jet for us lower river guys? Maybe indmar will get a hold of fords new 7.3L gasser

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
There's a ton of room in that thing. Take out those jump seats behind the driver and passenger seat and it would be awesome. Beautiful boat and great job..
Thanks for the pics...

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Looks great. Too big of a boat for a jet for us lower river guys? Maybe indmar will get a hold of fords new 7.3L gasser

OK I dont agree as half of the aftershocks built had jet pumps and not pretty. Some had issues, some customers loved.

We are inserting the bottom: taking vee out for belly, inserting the transom swimstep shoulders that hang down, trim tabs on all of them and stuffing a RAPTOR 575SC - Dominator combo on the next one.

The goal of the 242 SKIER is to give all of us who have 19-21' open bow jets an opportunity for a new larger jet boat for lower river action. The 23 DECK gets pricey.

IMG_1911.jpg

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I am ready for the 7.3L Gasser. Its close to an LS style block so much easier to fit in a boat.
The 6.2L Raptor we have to widen stringers to 28" to accommodate the log style manifolds and wide coyote stance.

Indmar has been silent on the 7.3L , the just released the ecoboost 4cyl.
But what ford models still use the 6.2L V8? base f250 only right?

7.3L-V8-Gas-Engine-for-2020-Super-Duty-Ford-Truck.jpg

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
OK I dont agree as half of the aftershocks built had jet pumps and not pretty. Some had issues, some customers loved.

We are inserting the bottom: taking vee out for belly, inserting the transom swimstep shoulders that hang down, trim tabs on all of them and stuffing a RAPTOR 575SC - Dominator combo on the next one.

The goal of the 242 SKIER is to give all of us who have 19-21' open bow jets an opportunity for a new larger jet boat for lower river action. The 23 DECK gets pricey.

View attachment 785437
It was more of a question. Is it to big of a boat for a jet. I didn’t know that shockwave made these with a jet either. Good to know and boat looks great.

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
I am ready for the 7.3L Gasser. Its close to an LS style block so much easier to fit in a boat.
The 6.2L Raptor we have to widen stringers to 28" to accommodate the log style manifolds and wide coyote stance.

Indmar has been silent on the 7.3L , the just released the ecoboost 4cyl.
But what ford models still use the 6.2L V8? base f250 only right?

View attachment 785454
Correct 6.2L is superduty only now that the raptor went Ecoboost

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Correct 6.2L is superduty only now that the raptor went Ecoboost

Hey sorry about that- Yah aftershock made a few jets. We found some spots on the bottom we can insert to make the pump load better. Its a big boat. My goal was to give someone with an older 19-21 bowrider and reason to step up. My 21 Skier doesnt really have tons more room than an older 202XR Carrera etc. The 242 SKIER does.

On the INDMAR Stuff- All of the tow boat guys had to re-tool stringer grids for the 6.2L (Tige/ Sanger/ MB/ Supra) so I dont see them wanting the 7.3L unless its cost effective and a better engine. Ford is strange company and I can see the 6.2L being discontinued.
For us- small volume jet guys. The raptor makes great power in a skier but a POS to mount and rig cleanly.

Bring on the 7.3 with headers.

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Hey sorry about that- Yah aftershock made a few jets. We found some spots on the bottom we can insert to make the pump load better. Its a big boat. My goal was to give someone with an older 19-21 bowrider and reason to step up. My 21 Skier doesnt really have tons more room than an older 202XR Carrera etc. The 242 SKIER does.

On the INDMAR Stuff- All of the tow boat guys had to re-tool stringer grids for the 6.2L (Tige/ Sanger/ MB/ Supra) so I dont see them wanting the 7.3L unless its cost effective and a better engine. Ford is strange company and I can see the 6.2L being discontinued.
For us- small volume jet guys. The raptor makes great power in a skier but a POS to mount and rig cleanly.

Bring on the 7.3 with headers.

Yeah my current boat 16'6" rogers has quickly gotten small with a wife and baby and 2 labs, a bigger boat would be great. plan on getting a bigger boat in a couple years after cars are paid off and work contract gets settled. the 242 looks like a good option and hopefully the 7.3 will be available.