WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

25’ Nordic rage vs Cobra 260 Razor

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score
Hi, names John. New to the page. I was hoping for some opinions/information. Looking to purchase a new (to me) boat. Since I got Hosed on my first boat last season I thought I’d reach out here before making any moves. Currently eyeballing a 2002 25 Nordic rage and a 2005 Cobra 260 Razor. I’m hoping to find something reliable, that still scoots a little. Hoping to keep it close to $50k
Open to other manufacturer recommendations as well.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
While shopping what i noticed most from the Cobra was the overall cabin and interior area was very
large for the 260 and the way they sit tall in the water
for our needs it's been a great boat---water ski yes --tubing yes--- wake surf not so much
I boat on Mochoppy and the basin has never been a issue ,so anything Havasu has to throw at you will be easy

The rage is a nice boat also Joker on the boards had one at one time
cant speak to how it rides but i would think very similar, he used to boat mochoppy too

What power package are in them---could be a factor too as far as purchase

Being a Cobra Homer i would go with the 260 razor great boat great builder excellent build quality solid boat

cb5505

Reaction score
I have been on plenty of rides in the 260 cobra and loved it. I had a 23 cobra and never had one issue. I sold it and now building another cobra. cobra makes a solid boat and attention to detail is amazing.
nordic is also a great builder. I would say it would come down to engine and gel

NicPaus

Reaction score
I would mention How tall are you as a factor as well. The 260 cuddy had the tallest height and easier for me to get to bow when mooring on my buoy.

Have you also checked out the Eliminator 26 Eagle? Friend has 1 that is extremely clean and well cared for. He is on the search for a deck boat and will be selling once he finds 1.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
If you buy the Nordic, there is no better boat manufacturer for service then them. It should be a deciding factor for a major purchase.

Last edited:

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score
While shopping what i noticed most from the Cobra was the overall cabin and interior area was very
for our needs it's been a great boat---water ski yes --tubing yes--- wake surf not so much
I boat on Mochoppy and the basin has never been a issue ,so anything Havasu has to throw at you will be easy

cant speak to how it rides but i would think very similar, he used to boat mochoppy too

Being a Cobra Homer i would go with the 260 razor great boat great builder excellent build quality solid boat

both stock power - 496 HO

Both have stock 496 HO. Nordic has Bravo 1X Cobra Bravo one.
nordic does have single ram steering and trim tabs. Not sure about the cobra just yet

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score
I would mention How tall are you as a factor as well. The 260 cuddy had the tallest height and easier for me to get to bow when mooring on my buoy.

Have you also checked out the Eliminator 26 Eagle? Friend has 1 that is extremely clean and well cared for. He is on the search for a deck boat and will be selling once he finds 1.
My previous boat was a 98’ DCB extreme HP. I think that’s a similar hull correct? I enjoyed the DCB. Only issue there was the previous owner screwed me. Turns out there was a lot of hidden damage I, as a first time boat purchaser didn’t catch. I’m bot opposed to the Eliminator. Obviously a known name. Feel free to have him send it my way. Thank you

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score

Actually, depending on what he wants for a deck I may have a line on a beautiful Dominator deck.

cb5505

Reaction score
You also might want to check out the 270 razor down at cobra. I was in there Thursday and that thing was clean. I pt has a 496 ho with 200 plus hours. the 270 is huge

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score
You also might want to check out the 270 razor down at cobra. I was in there Thursday and that thing was clean. I pt has a 496 ho with 200 plus hours. the 270 is huge
I saw it!!!! It’s beautiful. I think $80k is a little out of my range. But I’ll dream about it

USMC2010

Reaction score
I've had a Rage for 7 years now. With the cut under the transom it's more like a 23' boat than the 24'7" it measures too. I've taken it to Catalina Island and it beat the shit out of us and I've been out on the ocean a second time with zero issues. I don't have any experience in many other power boats at all but looking at the cobra 260 dimensions it's more like 25'. I love my Rage but if it's same same price and condition you can't go wrong with a bigger hull in most cases.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I have no personal experience in the Cobra, but know they have a cult following. I’ve been in a few Rage’s and they are a great boat. Well built ride great, based solely upon “Boat Manufacturers” I’d say you could definitely not go wrong with either.

But remember even a brick wall can be destroyed by the wrong guy! I’d say it wasn’t the last boat but the last boat owner. I’ve seen high dollar boats trashed after a
month and I’ve seen cheaper boats still pristine after ten years. So just do yourself a favor look it over well or pay for a marine survey.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I had a 25’ Rage with a 496HO for several years. I bought it new from the Boat Brokers. It was a great boat, but I didn’t like where they put the ice chest. When it was full of drinks and ice I couldn’t get it in and out of the cuddy cabin because it was too heavy. Other than that, I loved it. It was a 70 mph boat trimmed up.

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score
I've had a Rage for 7 years now. With the cut under the transom it's more like a 23' boat than the 24'7" it measures too. I've taken it to Catalina Island and it beat the shit out of us and I've been out on the ocean a second time with zero issues. I don't have any experience in many other power boats at all but looking at the cobra 260 dimensions it's more like 25'. I love my Rage but if it's same same price and condition you can't go wrong with a bigger hull in most cases.
Makes sense. I wish they were. The cobra is about $10k higher. Few less mechanical options like trim tabs and drive shower but an otherwise nice looking boat. The size catches my attention and the overall clean lines of the cobra, hidden bimmini and so forth are impressive.

JohnEjitsu

Reaction score
I have no personal experience in the Cobra, but know they have a cult following. I’ve been in a few Rage’s and they are a great boat. Well built ride great, based solely upon “Boat Manufacturers” I’d say you could definitely not go wrong with either.

But remember even a brick wall can be destroyed by the wrong guy! I’d say it wasn’t the last boat but the last boat owner. I’ve seen high dollar boats trashed after a
month and I’ve seen cheaper boats still pristine after ten years. So just do yourself a favor look it over well or pay for a marine survey.
I agree 100%. The DCB I had was an overall awesome boat. It was the fact they guy re rigged the boat and didn’t index the outdrive properly. First time the out drive was trimmed up it blasted a hole in the bottom of the swim step. So if you ever meet a Dave or Stacy star Williams from Alpine,Ca run, and also let him know id love to chat in person again