WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] 25-28’ Deck Boat

Javajoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Budget: 70k
25-28’ deck boat like Carrera 257, Domn8er, etc.
Willing to spend more if I find the right boat. Willing to spend a lot less if I find one I like. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Riverside, Ca but it will be used at the river.

Joe

NicPaus

Reaction score
My old river neighbor is selling his.
Screenshot_20200614-194528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea very nice boat. I saw it a few hours ago and texted him. Has not responded back yet. Big motor. Need a big wallet to feed that tank I bet

NicPaus

Reaction score
With kids in sports he was not using the river pad much so he sold. Then listed the boat. Have not seen or talked to him for a while. All his toys are always top notch and well taken care of.

Reactions: DWC

Javajoe

Reaction score
Thanks. Nice to know that about how well he keeps his stuff up

Javajoe

Reaction score
Well, finding any deck boat is super tough right now as you all know. Short supply = overpriced. Started thinking about getting a Tahiti made. Wife doesn’t know that yet. Read good things about them. Wondering if I am able to see some in Todd’s shop. I think it’s in SD, I’m an hour away in Riverside. Thoughts about a 23 vs a 27? Will the 23 cut thru the Havasu chop well? Just the wife and I mostly so maybe I really don’t need a 28’. Warranty would be nice anyway. The waiting to get one built will be a wife issue since she has the cash to buy one now. I did put a text and email into Todd this morning. Your guys thoughts would be appreciated

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Well, finding any deck boat is super tough right now as you all know. Short supply = overpriced. Started thinking about getting a Tahiti made. Wife doesn’t know that yet. Read good things about them. Wondering if I am able to see some in Todd’s shop. I think it’s in SD, I’m an hour away in Riverside. Thoughts about a 23 vs a 27? Will the 23 cut thru the Havasu chop well? Just the wife and I mostly so maybe I really don’t need a 28’. Warranty would be nice anyway. The waiting to get one built will be a wife issue since she has the cash to buy one now. I did put a text and email into Todd this morning. Your guys thoughts would be appreciated
If you can swing the 27’ you’ll be happier in the long run, especially if your primarily boat in Havasu. It will handle the rough water better. IMO. Good luck on what ever you decide

Javajoe

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. Also need to put my eyes on one and see what they go for. Not much info around regarding pricing

LC925

Reaction score
His fiberglass shop is in Hemet and rigging/upholstery is in Perris so a bit closer to you than SD. Like you mentioned, waiting might be the issue if you decide to build. They are also working a 26’ Force mold that they can do walk through open bow but not a “deck boat”.
With all the big boats rolling around Havasu now, I think if you did the 23’ you would be left thinking you should have gone bigger. A 26’-27’ would be perfect. Although I do miss my 224 Stoker!

JFMFG

Reaction score
The force 26 is a bad bitch id talk to Todd about doing one of hose he has the 28 Carrera mold also he keeps mentioning he wants to do one maybe he’d do a good deal for promotional purposes

Javajoe

Reaction score
The force 26 is a bad bitch id talk to Todd about doing one of hose he has the 28 Carrera mold also he keeps mentioning he wants to do one maybe he’d do a good deal for promotional purposes
Went and saw Todd today. Showed me his new 277 he is building. Pretty bad ass. Clean lines. Problem is he can’t get trailers. Huge issue I guess. He is 3 months out at least. Guess I’m still looking around. I think I’ll call all the boat places and let them know I’m in the hunt with cash and hopefully they will keep me in mind.

Javajoe

Reaction score
His fiberglass shop is in Hemet and rigging/upholstery is in Perris so a bit closer to you than SD. Like you mentioned, waiting might be the issue if you decide to build. They are also working a 26’ Force mold that they can do walk through open bow but not a “deck boat”.
With all the big boats rolling around Havasu now, I think if you did the 23’ you would be left thinking you should have gone bigger. A 26’-27’ would be perfect. Although I do miss my 224 Stoker!
I agree. 28 is what I need. Checked out Todd’s 23 today. Nice boat but too short

JFMFG

Reaction score
Went and saw Todd today. Showed me his new 277 he is building. Pretty bad ass. Clean lines. Problem is he can’t get trailers. Huge issue I guess. He is 3 months out at least. Guess I’m still looking around. I think I’ll call all the boat places and let them know I’m in the hunt with cash and hopefully they will keep me in mind.
Wow 3 months in trailers? Extreme shadow and adrenaline?

Javajoe

Reaction score
He said COVID has the trailer companies down to a skeleton crew.

JFMFG

Reaction score
He said COVID has the trailer companies down to a skeleton crew.
I think a lot of companies did lay offs uncertain of what lies ahead. They’re holding cash and waiting to see what happens

Javajoe

Reaction score
Well, I’m still looking. Looks like my budget grew to 90k since boat prices are way inflated but hell...she wants what she wants right? Paying cash. Looking for a Magic deck like everyone else it seems. Coast has a couple coming up but not my color preference. What are the pro’s and cons from buying from a broker vs Private party? I know you pay more but how much more? And do you get a warranty at all? I’m willing to wait and not settle until I find the right boat since it’s such a $$$ purchase. Oh, also looking for a slightly used white crew cab 3/4 ton diesel with less than 50k. Wife just retired so finally we are able to get away. I’m still working but can get away anytime. Looking for a truck is as bad as looking for a boat right now.

Reactions: DWC

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Not mine but thought I would pass it along.

2008 28 FT MAGIC DECKBOAT - $85995 (LAKE HAVASU CITY) Well kept and maintained 2008 28 ft. deckboat, built entirely by Magic, in very good condition, ready to use. All maintenance records available with last service performed in May 2020. 496 HO engine with 435 hours runs great. Boat is kept in Islander. Don't delay because this beautiful boat will sell quickly Message or call 562-237-4744 Mark or Marie Aqua step
Billet glove box
12 ft Bimini top
New cover
Depth finder
Drive shower
Dual Optima batteries with battery isolator switch
Excellent JL stereo with three additional remote keypads in boat
Polished hardware with custom grab handles in rear
Transom trim switch
Washdown front and rear
Wind screens driver and passenger
Custom Magic wheels on trailer
Trailer recently refurbished with recent tires
Lorance Elite 5 fishfinder
D74741C8-0806-43E1-A940-13AE6151C9AA.jpeg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the lead
The yellow and blue together just turns me off though

Hallett285

Reaction score
2007 Hallett 285 496ho and bravo3
20190525_100901.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
This boat is BEAUTIFUL!!!

What’s next?

Thank you, I’m not sure yet. Thinking of retiring and moving out of CA. I won’t be without a boat though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
I haven’t settled on a price yet but will probably list it for 90-95k.