WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

25 Talon with twin 260's

eliminate25

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the above as far as ride, maintenance, docking with the the 260's etc. Never had these motors and curious as to the how often and what maintenance has to be done and approximate annual cost to maintain each 260. Are lower shafts and issue? Anyone know the market for the motors if they are in good shape and which motors would be a good replacement. Who would you recommend talking to in Cali or Havasu. I really appreciate any comments. Thx.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
0EDD9770-3B66-4BFC-B96A-8D1A744A7FF2.png
Call Joe Abellera at Hot Laps Marine in Havasu....Joe knows these engines and will be a wealth of knowledge...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Joe is the guy. Keep in mind the motors are 25 years old so there will always be issues. I just sold my daytona 22 with 260’s. As far as shifting I always started them in gear, that’s the best bet. Around the dock they are finicky, they are race motors and prefer to scream, slow speed isn’t there thing. Also you will need to run av gas to be on the safe side. If they have been upgraded to brucato ecu’s that made a huge difference in drivability and fuel economy. They are thirsty little things.

eliminate25

Reaction score
Joe is the guy. Keep in mind the motors are 25 years old so there will always be issues. I just sold my daytona 22 with 260’s. As far as shifting I always started them in gear, that’s the best bet. Around the dock they are finicky, they are race motors and prefer to scream, slow speed isn’t there thing. Also you will need to run av gas to be on the safe side. If they have been upgraded to brucato ecu’s that made a huge difference in drivability and fuel economy. They are thirsty little things.
Thx guys.

eliminate25

Reaction score
Anyone have his phone number? Can't find Hot Laps in Havasu.

hiline

Hi Line Motorsports inc. HWY 18, Apple Valley, CA
Reaction score
I have my 25 Talon for sale with the 260's,what do you mean av gas,thats a really bad idea.
I have run these with 91 pump gas with zero issues.
Av gas is made to run below 3000 RPM(aircraft engines),so if your going to run it make sure you mix with premium too or you will kill the motors.
No need to run av gas on my motors though,i have had zero issues with my 260's.