WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

250 EFI merc 3.0 options?

Gugs

Reaction score
Picked up a new ride with 98 250 EFI merc. Spoke with simon about options, they recommended ecu flashes and getting the heads cut and lighten the flywheel. They indicated they don't cut the heads. Who does? I'm not in a position to repower so looking at upgrades to this set up. Boat is a 22 warlock sxt. Its big and heavy for a single but rides nice. Hyd jack plate, hyd steering, tunnel tabs, most of the goodies are there just need to be dialed in. I'll start another thread on the project in a month or so to get assistance with set up.

Reeds look to be original, not other mods I can see. Where is the best bang for my buck?

Thx in advance

HST4ME

Reaction score
Joe or Dave cut heads I'm sure out there. Buming compression helps these motors a lot, but I'd stick to 135-140 Psi on a heavy boat which will be in the 60cc range on the heads. Do a set of TDR or ccms reeds while your in there.

Gugs

Reaction score
Joe or Dave?

Anyone know a shop in Phx that can cut them?

Was planning on carson reeds while i'm in there. Any exhaust mods worth the time/money?

HST4ME

Reaction score
Dave Bush, or Joe Aberella, it's not as simple as cuttilng them as the oring grooves need to be remachined.

sloboat76

Reaction score
What is the difference between the 250 efi and the 250 Pro XB? I thought rhe XB was right at 300 HP but was rated at 250 because of the BASS tournament restrictions. I have a 225 EFI and was told to put a 250XB fuel tune and 300 Ignition and it would essentially be a 250xb other than I think the torquemaster LU on the later model ones. Anyway food for thought.

Gugs

Reaction score
Going to give it a once over. Compression test etc. And go from there.
Any exhaust mods worthwhile?
Only pulls 5200 with current set up. I'll make sure throttle fully opens and the look at reeds.