WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

255 hallett #7223

retaocleg

Reaction score
white base, black pins, warning to crimson blend, iridium with prl......
255 red.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Dub

Reaction score
can't wait to see more pics of this one along the way

OldWood

Reaction score
another one in the pipeline very close to this, with the accent colors being wider, maybe yellow pins......it is still in design

I’m new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance. It appears that you have the Hallett 255 mold. I’m looking to buy one for my home at Lake Arrowhead. We lost our beloved old Howard 21 to a fire last October and now I need to replace it. The 255 is top of my list but I’m concerned that it is too long for the 26 foot limit at Arrowhead.

In the past they use the length listed on the registration but now they are actually measuring the boat from the bow to whatever stick out the furthest on the transom… swim step or outdrive. The measurement is done by laying a tape measure under the boat while on the trailer and then using a long level to mark the boat and the swim step or tip of the outdrive. You are allowed to make it as short as possible by removing the swim step (not an option on the 255) or buy trimming the drive all the way down and turning it to full steering lock.

Do you know if the 255 trimmed down and turned to full lock would measure under 26 feet? If so what is your construction lead time?

retaocleg

Reaction score
I’m new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance. It appears that you have the Hallett 255 mold. I’m looking to buy one for my home at Lake Arrowhead. We lost our beloved old Howard 21 to a fire last October and now I need to replace it. The 255 is top of my list but I’m concerned that it is too long for the 26 foot limit at Arrowhead.

In the past they use the length listed on the registration but now they are actually measuring the boat from the bow to whatever stick out the furthest on the transom… swim step or outdrive. The measurement is done by laying a tape measure under the boat while on the trailer and then using a long level to mark the boat and the swim step or tip of the outdrive. You are allowed to make it as short as possible by removing the swim step (not an option on the 255) or buy trimming the drive all the way down and turning it to full steering lock.

Do you know if the 255 trimmed down and turned to full lock would measure under 26 feet? If so what is your construction lead time?
talk to our office staff, im sure we could put the size you require on a badge on the boat to get under the requirements..........where there is a will, there is a way
as far as actual lengths, you have to inquire, im just the gelcoater.......but seems not to be an issue to me
770 North Lake Havasu Avenue
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 855-7420

retaocleg

Reaction score

seems the 255 is under, dont know if they are actually running a tape on them, either way, we can oblige, hope to get your busines, you wont be disappointed!👍

OldWood

Reaction score
seems the 255 is under, dont know if they are actually running a tape on them, either way, we can oblige, hope to get your busines, you wont be disappointed!👍
Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll call the office and ask about actual measured length since the powers to be at Lake Arrowhead are now running a tape measure on all boats never registered on the lake before.

retaocleg

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll call the office and ask about actual measured length since the powers to be at Lake Arrowhead are now running a tape measure on all boats never registered on the lake before.
nazis......🤣 get a 255 w/o the extended swim step, if they count that too, but like i said, ask the office.........but my experience, it ill be just under.........nobody sells a 26 as a 25....can always insert the mold a couple inches on the hull if the drive sticks out too far

Last edited:

retaocleg

Reaction score
timeframe from today is june.......💪

hallett21

Reaction score
I can’t wait to see how this runs with a 600.

Love the colors

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
You should be fine as the 255 runs the same bottom as the old 240. The foot and half addition was the molded in swim step. My 255 with he drive in the middle, the tips of the prop line up with the end of the swim step. There are a couple of 255's up in Arrowhead already.

OldWood

Reaction score
You should be fine as the 255 runs the same bottom as the old 240. The foot and half addition was the molded in swim step. My 255 with he drive in the middle, the tips of the prop line up with the end of the swim step. There are a couple of 255's up in Arrowhead already.
The rule change happened in the middle of 2021. They didn’t measure boats before that and any boat previously registered is grandfathered in. I know of a bunch of 240’s and some 255 that date to before the rule change. If it lines up with the end of the swim step it should be ok buy 6”. I really need to measure it to be sure. Hate to spend that kind of money and be told no. Last year they denied a $200k pontoon boat.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
The rule change happened in the middle of 2021. They didn’t measure boats before that and any boat previously registered is grandfathered in. I know of a bunch of 240’s and some 255 that date to before the rule change. If it lines up with the end of the swim step it should be ok buy 6”. I really need to measure it to be sure. Hate to spend that kind of money and be told no. Last year they denied a $200k pontoon boat.
I am taking my 255 in for service next Friday, I can take a measurement for you.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Long ones...lol

If the small Bennett tabs are used, I would be surprised.
Is there a concern? My 255 only had an hp500 but I assume a 600 would be about 10 mph faster? Never had any handling issues. Read of a couple people with 240/255 that ran in the 80’s without issues🤷‍♂️

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Is there a concern? My 255 only had an hp500 but I assume a 600 would be about 10 mph faster? Never had any handling issues. Read of a couple people with 240/255 that ran in the 80’s without issues🤷‍♂️
To me a 600 with small tabs wouldn’t help that much and something longer would be more beneficial, especially if there is a stand off on the outdrive.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
Right off the bow with a plumb bob and same to the back of the drive not in the picture. It is pretty tight, like two whores in church but I think you would be good. Bravo 1xr

Last edited:

OldWood

Reaction score
I am allowed to turn the drive to full steering lock so that should also buy me a few inches. I think that gets it done. Thank you again for taking the the time to measure. The 225 is now on the search list.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What’s the deal with the 26’ limit? It’s been that way for years and years and I know my parents were looking at sea ray pechangas back in the early 1990s after they bought their second house in Arrowhead.