WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

26p RH UPDATE

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Looking for a 26p prop. Should be in town (Havasu) in the AM. I searched craigslist and offer up but couldn’t find anything. Any board members selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
You have 1” shaft? If so I’ve got 25,26,27 laying around you can play with. Just text me

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
You have 1” shaft? If so I’ve got 25,26,27 laying around you can play with. Just text me

All jokes aside I have no idea. He had all the gears switched out before I bought it and I never stopped to ask. I’m going to try and get a hold of him.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve got one with vent holes and one I haven’t paid for yet :confused: not sure about shafts

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
All jokes aside I have no idea. He had all the gears switched out before I bought it and I never stopped to ask. I’m going to try and get a hold of him.

Lol right!! Yea mine are both Hydromotive with the built in spline! If your drive has had work done i really doubt it still has the 1” Bravo 1 shaft in it, pretty sure they’d have gone to the XR shaft. But if it is you’re totally welcome to grab two props at a time.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Threw a bravo 26 on. When I give it a little bit of throttle it goes but as soon as I give it more it basically starts to drag and slow down.

I’m not a prop guru. Any guesses as what the issue is?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Threw a bravo 26 on. When I give it a little bit of throttle it goes but as soon as I give it more it basically starts to drag and slow down.

Is the prop cavitating or do you think the hub is slipping?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think it might be slipping. It feels like it once I give it some throttle.

Pull the hub out of it and you are going to see if it is or isn’t

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Pull the hub out of it and you are going to see if it is or isn’t

I’m going to pull off the water and check. It didn’t do this with the 30 so maybe it’s the prop. It is used.....

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Threw the 30 back on and didn’t take too long to get on plane. Etched the hub and checked - no slip. Going to throw the 26 back on and take the cav plate off. If that doesn’t work I’ll try a 28.

Thanks RD for the lead. At least I know it wasn’t that.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Do you have a plastic hub or the metal one?
If the boat is set up and runs good with the 30 it’s probably cavitation with the 26p but that’s kinda amazing with a 525

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Do you have a plastic hub or the metal one?
If the boat is set up and runs good with the 30 it’s probably cavitation with the 26p but that’s kinda amazing with a 525

Metal. The day ended early.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Was cruising about 55 and all of a sudden it hit the rev limiter. Thought I threw a blade but prop was there and in tact. Wouldn’t move in forward or reverse but didn’t hear metal clanking around (as I’ve heard when I’ve blown drives in the past). Not sure what it could be but will drop it off tomorrow and hopefully have a [cheap] diagnosis.

IMG_2947.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
As retarded as it sounds and seems, I’d check that hub before taking to a shop, Ive also read about the actual prop shaft being worn out, inside the drive, and causing slip/eventual failure like what yours could possibly be. But if it’s the hub omg that would be awesome and the cheapest fix.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I’m going to pull the prop in the morning. I did etch the hub so we’ll see.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Before you do anything else, get a Max Machine Worx vertical Shaft.. they are WAAAAYY tougher than anything else out there.

Call Aaron and tell him I sent ya 928-505-7860..

They have built them forever, and I was going to do a press release on some of their drive parts (going through the whole drive top to bottom) starting next week.

Long story short, better alloys, removed weak points and make things larger / larger bearings so less failures. They have Bravo style drives with several years on them with 1400 HP.

RD

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Before you do anything else, get a Max Machine Worx vertical Shaft.. they are WAAAAYY tougher than anything else out there.

Call Aaron and tell him I sent ya 928-505-7860..

They have built them forever, and I was going to do a press release on some of their drive parts (going through the whole drive top to bottom) starting next week.

Long story short, better alloys, removed weak points and make things larger / larger bearings so less failures. They have Bravo style drives with several years on them with 1400 HP.

RD

Thanks for the heads up RD. They were first on my list to call. $799 for the shaft which I feel is fairly priced. Will prob pick one up today.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
IMG_3223.jpg

Max Machine has the drive. Upper shows pitting in one of the teeth and it’s supposedly a “deep” pit so only a matter of time. I’ve put 1 hour on the boat since I’ve owned it lol. Story of my damn life!

boatnam2

Reaction score

I got a 5 blade maximus 28p if you want to try that.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I got a 5 blade maximus 28p if you want to try that.

Won’t help the fact that his upper was pretty much grenaded.

View attachment 669434

Max Machine has the drive. Upper shows pitting in one of the teeth and it’s supposedly a “deep” pit so only a matter of time. I’ve put 1 hour on the boat since I’ve owned it lol. Story of my damn life!

That sucks so bad dude, but at least it’ll be gtg afterwards. Maybe using the magical words like RD said and saying he sent you will knock off a few dollars lol.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Yea that's what I get for not reading all the way to the bottom. Hopefully he will return to the water and still need a prop. I wish someone would of offered for me to try a prop, instead of dumping 4k in to shit I didn't like. Just had to rebuild a drive and a motor so I feel your pain motoxxxloak. Good luck with the new Drive.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Bumping this back to the top. I bought a 26p from prestige before the drive broke. It ended up just blowing out so I put the 30 back on then shit happened.

Drive was redone and I took the 26p to the water just to be sure. Still blew out and couldn’t get on plane. Got the cav plate from max machine and it was able to roll over but, still can feel it not get a good bite. Aaron and I at max machine came to the conclusion that the prop has too much lab on it and it’s not biting like it should.

With that being said, I am wondering if I can get away with a 27p or 28p. They seem to be a lot easier to come by than a 26p. What say you all?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
26’s are a pretty common size prop.. they shouldn’t be hard to find. In that area 24/26/28 is mild power area with a 1.5 ratio so they aren’t hard to come by. When you get into the 30+ pitches they are scarcer

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
26’s are a pretty common size prop.. they shouldn’t be hard to find. In that area 24/26/28 is mild power area with a 1.5 ratio so they aren’t hard to come by. When you get into the 30+ pitches they are scarcer

26’s are so common that they are getting picked up as soon as they are stocked. A few places called and said they were on back order. I think I may have found one from a member here

Boat 405

Reaction score
The props I use on my 25' Daytona are a stock bravo 26p 4 blade for Lake Powell. My all around go to prop is a cleaned up 28p bravo from Hill Propellers. And my go fast prop is a 28 Bravo Labbed from BBlades. The 26p gets on plane no problem with full fuel, 6 people, and lake powell elevation. For Havasu and and lower river use the go to is the 28P from Hill. My Labbbed 28P from BBlades is definitely a top end prop. It sucks for getting on plane even with an empty boat and 1/4 tanks, it revs higher for cruising speeds 300-400 more rpm for the same speed as my Hill 28p. I gain about 2 mph on the top end 103-104mph with the Bblades. The labbed Bblades is pretty much useless unless I want to go for an all out speed run shootout or something. I used to have a stock bravo 30P that I really liked It was easy out of the hole and had a great cruise RPM, just too much prop for top end. My 540 makes about 800hp at 6500rpm.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
The props I use on my 25' Daytona are a stock bravo 26p 4 blade for Lake Powell. My all around go to prop is a cleaned up 28p bravo from Hill Propellers. And my go fast prop is a 28 Bravo Labbed from BBlades. The 26p gets on plane no problem with full fuel, 6 people, and lake powell elevation. For Havasu and and lower river use the go to is the 28P from Hill. My Labbbed 28P from BBlades is definitely a top end prop. It sucks for getting on plane even with an empty boat and 1/4 tanks, it revs higher for cruising speeds 300-400 more rpm for the same speed as my Hill 28p. I gain about 2 mph on the top end 103-104mph with the Bblades. The labbed Bblades is pretty much useless unless I want to go for an all out speed run shootout or something. I used to have a stock bravo 30P that I really liked It was easy out of the hole and had a great cruise RPM, just too much prop for top end. My 540 makes about 800hp at 6500rpm.

Yeah, I was thinking a 28p unmolested would
Be a good run all the way around. I don’t really care for top speed at this point just want to be able to jump on plane quick without stressing the drive and cruise 65-70. It’s only a 525.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Got a 28p maximus 5 blade that has good tail lift and is quite a bit better then my 4 blade rolling boat over. use a lot less power and qucker plane time.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Got a 28p maximus 5 blade that has good tail lift and is quite a bit better then my 4 blade rolling boat over. use a lot less power and qucker plane time.

I’m sure this topic has been beaten til people have turned blue in the face. But is a 5 blade too hard on the drive? Boat is a 08 26’ Daytona...

Joepump

Reaction score
6B22B68B-FB11-49FC-8822-FF6B4CC53D20.jpeg
I run a 5 blade on my 26 Daytona. Off the shelf 5 blades did not work. Took a lot of testing and notes. I’ve been asked to have this blade cast because of all the changes that were made. My boat planes in 6 seconds with 6 adults, 70 gallons of fuel, coolers, etc. I do have a bit more hp, the 4 blade bravos I had, had too much slip. Had to feather the throttle. My 5 blade requires no feathering, and planes at a lower rpm.

boatnam2

Reaction score
View attachment 677795 I run a 5 blade on my 26 Daytona. Off the shelf 5 blades did not work. Took a lot of testing and notes. I’ve been asked to have this blade cast because of all the changes that were made. My boat planes in 6 seconds with 6 adults, 70 gallons of fuel, coolers, etc. I do have a bit more hp, the 4 blade bravos I had, had too much slip. Had to feather the throttle. My 5 blade requires no feathering, and planes at a lower rpm.
Im listening, what all did you do? I got a new mercury max 5 blade I'm pretty happy but always room for improvement.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I’m sure this topic has been beaten til people have turned blue in the face. But is a 5 blade too hard on the drive? Boat is a 08 26’ Daytona...

Not sure, one of the questions i asked in the RDP Max machine worx tutorial, Personally i think trying to roll my boat over with the 4 blade is worse then the little extra bite i get with 5 blade. I got a guy that's going to try it with his Cobra this weekend, see what happens but your welcome to try it anytime.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have a stock bravo 1 merc prop that is a 26P

I have a labbed and cut 26P that is worked up to a 27P.

I am in HB and your are free to take either one or both to try

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I have a stock bravo 1 merc prop that is a 26P

I have a labbed and cut 26P that is worked up to a 27P.

I am in HB and your are free to take either one or both to try

Thank you for the offer. I may have a line up on a 28 to try and if it doesn’t work out, I’d love to try the all stock 26

HavaToon

Reaction score
Watched from about 30 min til the end. A lot of good info on there. I’m way less scared to try a 5 blade now

I went from 4 to 5 blades on my twin OB Nordic deck and everything got better. Sold it by would do it again on any boat.

wet hull

Reaction score
Heading out tomorrow and have a unmolested 26p in my garage you can try. You could grab fri morning anytime. Just north of the high school in Havasu

Joepump

Reaction score
I’ll be in Parker this weekend and next weekend, if you want to try mine. It started as a 28, not sure what it is now (maybe 27). Augie at Cutting Edge made it. This prop sets you back in your seat

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Heading out tomorrow and have a unmolested 26p in my garage you can try. You could grab fri morning anytime. Just north of the high school in Havasu

While Cody is using your 26, you can use my 27!!

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score

Just saw this! Will you be out this weekend?

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I’ll be in Parker this weekend and next weekend, if you want to try mine. It started as a 28, not sure what it is now (maybe 27). Augie at Cutting Edge made it. This prop sets you back in your seat

Joe, just saw this as well. I come thru the 40 but could
Always make the trip to Parker. If I can’t find anything in town I will PM you