WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

27' Speedster walk thru twin 400R for yacht tender bay

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
This is a one off build. Will be kept inside a 230' Yacht's tender bay for a wonderful family.
We are making an outboard well and shortening the hull 2" to achieve 29' 8" overall length.
27Speedster-Spectre2 copy.jpg

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
That’s cool! I wish my Carrera had an outboard well so I could trim the motors up just a bit farther...

The colors on this boat are cool! I like it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So with doing the well in the rear, will you guys remove the 2” from the rear as well, or just blunt the sponsons a little as to not have to worry at all about setup change?

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
So with doing the well in the rear, will you guys remove the 2” from the rear as well, or just blunt the sponsons a little as to not have to worry at all about setup change?
We are going to leave it. With the lowers being almost 8" closer we should pick up speed.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Where are you taking the 2" from? I would assume the front sponsons as it wouldn't affect the overall integrity of down the middle or transom?

HCP3

Reaction score
Where are you taking the 2" from? I would assume the front sponsons as it wouldn't affect the overall integrity of down the middle or transom?

Looks like right here:

DSC04390.JPG

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Exactly where HGP3 is pointing, Chump.
They built a transom insert which moves the transom surface in, towards the cockpit.

As the transom is taking abuse from engines/leverage, it has to be strong.

The insert means no cut and paste in the most critical area.
It’s built and laminated as any other boat at that point.
The deck/engine well area doesn’t take the load so that part is cut and pasted, fared in and will be gelcoated.

Between building the insert (that they can use again and again if needed) and a custom built aft deck there is a bunch of labor involved.

HCP3

Reaction score
Any guess what kind of structural rigidity is lost in a walk through?

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
First test went well. 114 on the limiter with around 8% slip and 32P cleavers. The owner wanted a low to mid range setup. He got that plus a little extra on the top end. Bringing the nose cones closer to the running surface really helped top end performance.
Please look for RDP's article on this build. We will post photos shortly there after.

Last edited: