WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

28's with Merc 1350s....

G. Faulk

Reaction score
After seeing the finished 28 SS Nordic with the 1350 on the SEMA thread I couldn't stop thinking about what a dam near perfect high performance cat this boat will be. You couldn't really ask for a better all around super performance cat for Havasu. That package you will be able to flat hammer on it with really not much to worry about. Not to big, single that seems to be almost bullet proof with maintainence, big enough to handle some decent water, and fuck that things going to be quick and fast. Nordic sure is putting out some nice stuff.

In the next month or so it will be interesting to see what the Eliminator 28 Speedster with the singe 1350 will be like. Comparing the two if it happens, will be a great thing for all of us to see. From price, performance, ride and handling capabilities, and really which one runs harder. I believe the Speedster is a true 28 bottom, is the Nordic? Need to compare apples to apples. It would be interesting to see if the 8 drive were to be replaced with a 6 drive and see if the mph and acceleration picks up. If ya really think about it by the time you price out a real 1400 hp motor from a reliable engine builder and add a 8 or 6 drive system to it your dam near the price of a Merc 1350.

Consider the price, I hear and don't hold me to this but the Speedster is just over 300k and the talk sounds like the Nordic will be close to that, again don't hold me to this. That's a shit ton of $ for a single engine cat. Hell you could go get a couple year old Skater DCB MTI for that. I got to say and this is after owning a few twin engine hi dollar cats I think the single 28 is more appealing to me and I'm talking for Havasu. Half the cost on maintenance, and I bet both will run dam near if not more, 150.

Thoughts?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Soeedster is a true 28,and it's a wide sumbitch.Pretty sure wider than the Nordic.How that plays into how fast they will be?I dunno?
John knows both boats,maybe he can post his thoughts?

I have no idea which will be the faster boat but it's sure going to be fun watching it all happen.:thumbup:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Both great Boats. I'm thinking the Eliminator is a somewhat larger boat, Beam 108" vs 102", length 28' 6" vs 28' 2", fuel 130 gal vs 86 gal. Not sure how they will compare with singles, no question the Eliminator is well proven with doubles, running into the 170's.:thumbup:

shueman

Reaction score
Well Buck has ran 150 or so in his single power 28 SS, I believe, pushing it with some 1600hp.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What did Shane's speedster cost new? It's at 225k now right? Single 1350 but a 27 speedster? I could be wrong. I just know I was played a fool during that build and I'd love to buy that boat and make a buddy cry

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Shane's boat has all the upgrades, including gelcoat, trailer & of course the 1100 pkg. But personally, I would rather have a 28 Speedster single over a 27. It's a little bit larger boat with more floorboard & seemingly more comfortable. I would also take a 28 Speedster single over a Nordic 28ss single. Again, just my personal opinion, but I like the look of the Eliminator 28 better than the Nordic 28. Both are beautiful boats that I will never be able to afford. I'm looking forward to seeing that Eliminator 28, 1350 single, completed. Shue posted a pic of the boat last week & it looks fast & sleek with the solid orange w/black stripes, gel coat design.:thumbup:

Thank u for taking time and explaining things to me. Im still a noob and your posts are always very helpful and knowledgable [emoji106]

Wozencraft

Reaction score
Great thread! I'm really looking forward to seeing both of these boats on the water!

Always Floored

Reaction score
$90K If I recall corrctly

I just looked online 600 with XR sport master drive is going for 54k. The 1350 with M8 154k. I was quoted 159k for the 28ss with all options. So Simple math says 259k for the 28ss with 1350. I am sure the Sema boat has extras to jump that up some.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just looked online 600 with XR sport master drive is going for 54k. The 1350 with M8 154k. I was quoted 159k for the 28ss with all options. So Simple math says 259k for the 28ss with 1350. I am sure the Sema boat has extras to jump that up some.

I figured around $315K for the Sema one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Both boats are off the hook cool.. I'd love to review both of them, but have a lot of reservations about running 150 in a 28' cat.. I've seen that not work out to well for some people over the years.

I do have access to some cameras that can measure accelleration / top speeds via gps etc.. That I'd throw on both if the companies want to know how they perform against each other. ;)

RD

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Both boats are off the hook cool.. I'd love to review both of them, but have a lot of reservations about running 150 in a 28' cat.. I've seen that not work out to well for some people over the years.

I do have access to some cameras that can measure accelleration / top speeds via gps etc.. That I'd throw on both if the companies want to know how they perform against each other. ;)

RD

What a Sissy.....:D:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What a Sissy.....:D:D

Went for a couple of rides that made me rethink my position on getting in boats like that.. Lol.

Don't get me wrong I'd jump on predator tomorrow and run 200+ with Gary..

But shit happens quick in a 28 running that hard. It would have to be early morning.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
159k for a motor and drive.....

that is some serious coin!

I need to start playing the lotto.

Hammer

Reaction score

RD

Went for a couple of rides that made me rethink my position on getting in boats like that.. Lol.

But shit happens quick in a 28 running that hard. It would have to be early morning.

Referring to the "f-u-n" ride we took? Cameras [emoji106]🏻and pick them back up at the dock

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more RD. One rogue wave and it's a rap. The Nordic is a 26' boat with a molded in swimstep. That's not very big for 150 mph. I remember Steve from RPM saying in a wind tunnel his boat at 130 mph I think weighted 150 lbs. that's very scary.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

I couldn't agree more RD. One rogue wave and it's a rap. The Nordic is a 26' boat with a molded in swimstep. That's not very big for 150 mph. I remember Steve from RPM saying in a wind tunnel his boat at 130 mph I think weighted 150 lbs. that's very scary.

This is why the 28 speedster, a true 28 foot boat with 108' beam is a better is a better choice for big power.

Anyone ever notice how flat the bigger Eliminators run at speed?;):thumbup:

I think even flatter than the Skaters.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
This is why the 28 speedster, a true 28 foot boat with 108' beam is a better is a better choice for big power.

It's better but for me I would want to be in the 30'+ range with bigger tunnel height if I'm going 150+.

NicPaus

Reaction score

At 108" in CA considered a over size load. Only issue I see when it comes to transporting.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
It's better but for me I would want to be in the 30'+ range with bigger tunnel height if I'm going 150+.

I wouldn't disagree completely with that, but the 28's have had no problems with stability and there are quit a few around with big power.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
At 108" in CA considered a over size load. Only issue I see when it comes to transporting.

All the Eliminator cats from the 28' up are 108" and fit on a conventional trailer. Eliminator took care of a small problem with the CHP a few years ago.

X-rated

Reaction score
DCB M29 would be the logical choice for a big power single!!